♔ MISS UNIVERSE 2019 | Zozibini Tunzi ♔

Image



  • 2

Re: MISS SOUTH AFRICA 2019 is ZOZIBINI TUNZI

Postby bukita » Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:50 am

    

A new day has come!
Zozi at her new residence in Central Square, Johannesburg.

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image


bukita
AMBASSADORS represent their country.
AMBASSADORS represent their country.
 
Posts: 11452
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:15 pm
Country: Thailand (th)
Reputation: 7577
Real Life Name/Nick: Bongo
Gender: Male
Profession: Customer Service
Western Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Hobbies/Interests: gym, traveling, reading
Message: Write a message here

  • 2

Re: MISS SOUTH AFRICA 2019 is ZOZIBINI TUNZI

Postby Clorentine » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:12 am

TheGenuineBeauty wrote:
First of all I don't like the new crown, especially on the winner because it looks too big on her. Second of all, I personally think that there were better candidates for the crown than Zozibini, but I can understand why they chose her. She screams IMG and the haircut gives her an advantage (even though it does not suit her facial features in my opinion) at Miss Universe. Expect to see her placing and knocking out a few of the favorites (especially in the Asian region)

I have this weird feeling that an upset will happen at Miss Universe this year, just like at Miss USA. I think a black girl will win Miss Universe because they want to have that all black queens achievement (Miss America, Miss Teen USA, Miss USA, and Miss Universe) If that's the case, then I'd pick Sierra Leone, or Ireland over South Africa.


Well... i hope Jamaica, Dominican Republic, a country from Africa or any other part of the world crown a stunning girl with dark skin, Ireland and South Africa are gorgeous, but if we put them in comparison for example, to Tara Gueye, miss Cote d´Ivoire World 2019, in the beauty department, they are not strong as her
Last edited by Clorentine on Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image
Clorentine
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.
 
Posts: 2457
Joined: Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:08 am
Location: Costa Rica
Country: Costa Rica (cr)
Reputation: 1422
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 1991
Gender: Female
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: My hobbies
Chinese Zodiac: Goat
Hobbies/Interests: Boss people around
Message: Im here to criticize haha, thats what you all do right!!??

  • 1

Re: MISS SOUTH AFRICA 2019 is ZOZIBINI TUNZI

Postby yellowyam1 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:41 am

bukita wrote:
A new day has come!
Zozi at her new residence in Central Square, Johannesburg.

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image


i love her I think she is so striking and I love the cut on her she reeks IMG
yellowyam1
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.
 
Posts: 7532
Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:38 pm
Country: Jamaica (jm)
Reputation: 4366
Real Life Name/Nick: nick
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 1982
Gender: Male
Sexual Orientation: Gay
Profession: manager
Western Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Chinese Zodiac: Dragon
Hobbies/Interests: watching beauty pageants
Message: Write a message here

  • 2

Re: MISS SOUTH AFRICA 2019 is ZOZIBINI TUNZI

Postby TheGenuineBeauty » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:48 am

Clorentine wrote:
TheGenuineBeauty wrote:
First of all I don't like the new crown, especially on the winner because it looks too big on her. Second of all, I personally think that there were better candidates for the crown than Zozibini, but I can understand why they chose her. She screams IMG and the haircut gives her an advantage (even though it does not suit her facial features in my opinion) at Miss Universe. Expect to see her placing and knocking out a few of the favorites (especially in the Asian region)

I have this weird feeling that an upset will happen at Miss Universe this year, just like at Miss USA. I think a black girl will win Miss Universe because they want to have that all black queens achievement (Miss America, Miss Teen USA, Miss USA, and Miss Universe) If that's the case, then I'd pick Sierra Leone, or Ireland over South Africa.


Well... i hope Jamaica, Dominican Republic, a country from Africa or any other part of the world crown a stunning girl with dark skin, Ireland and South Africa are gorgeous, but if we put them in comparison for example, to Tara Gueye, miss Cote d´Ivoire World 2019, in the beauty department, they are not strong as her

Yeah my money is on Sierra Leone for the Miss Universe crown (if we are going on that route) but OHMYGOD HOW IS TARA GUEYE NOT IN MISS UNIVERSE??? Cote d'Ivore needs to get into the Miss Universe game and send this girl to Miss Universe ASAP (if she loses at Miss World)
THE QUIÑONES ERA

Image

2018: Kiara Liz Ortega (Top 5)
2019: Madison Anderson (1st RU)
TheGenuineBeauty
PAGEANT SPECIALISTS are seasoned ANALYSTS of pageantry.
PAGEANT SPECIALISTS are seasoned ANALYSTS of pageantry.
 
Posts: 322
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2018 1:29 am
Location: Florida
Country: United States (us)
Reputation: 362
Date of Birth: 24 Jul 1996
Gender: Female
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: Student
Western Zodiac Sign: Leo
Chinese Zodiac: Rat
Hobbies/Interests: Reading
Message: Promote what you love instead of attacking what you hate.

  • 1

Re: MISS SOUTH AFRICA 2019 is ZOZIBINI TUNZI

Postby yellowyam1 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:50 am

samzozo wrote:Every time SA crown a black, african, winner there are always complains of them being downgrades from their lighter skinned counterparts. It is so predictable. Even with MSA 2015 there were so many naysayers but both delegates placed at Miss World and Universe. To me Zozi is a stunner, she is a natural african beauty who dosent need plastic surgery and weaves to place at Miss Universe. Think Miss Tanzania in MU07 and JamaicaMU14 and JamaicaMU17.


DON'T PAY THEM NO MIND, SHE IS STUNNING SMART AND IS A GREAT PERFORMER,SHE AND MISS USA ARE GOING TO BATTLE IT OUT FOR THE CROWN. SHE SCREAMS IMG MISS UNIVERSE 2019 EDGY FRESH SOMETHING NEW.IF SHE WINS MISS UNIVERSE IMG WILL GETS SO MUCH PRESS AND NEWS COVERAGE
yellowyam1
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.
 
Posts: 7532
Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:38 pm
Country: Jamaica (jm)
Reputation: 4366
Real Life Name/Nick: nick
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 1982
Gender: Male
Sexual Orientation: Gay
Profession: manager
Western Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Chinese Zodiac: Dragon
Hobbies/Interests: watching beauty pageants
Message: Write a message here

  • 1

Re: MISS SOUTH AFRICA 2019 is ZOZIBINI TUNZI

Postby bukita » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:14 am

Can't wait for you guys to catch me on @topbillingtv with this guy who stole my haircut @harmonythe1. Keep an eye out for the date of the show.

Image
bukita
AMBASSADORS represent their country.
AMBASSADORS represent their country.
 
Posts: 11452
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:15 pm
Country: Thailand (th)
Reputation: 7577
Real Life Name/Nick: Bongo
Gender: Male
Profession: Customer Service
Western Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Hobbies/Interests: gym, traveling, reading
Message: Write a message here

  • 1

Re: MISS SOUTH AFRICA 2019 is ZOZIBINI TUNZI

Postby bukita » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:15 am

With their hands they create beauty beyond belief, I’m honoured to know that those same hands will create my Miss Universe gowns! @biji_la_maison @official_misssa
#MissSouthAfrica #MissUniverse #designers #dreamwalking

Image
bukita
AMBASSADORS represent their country.
AMBASSADORS represent their country.
 
Posts: 11452
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:15 pm
Country: Thailand (th)
Reputation: 7577
Real Life Name/Nick: Bongo
Gender: Male
Profession: Customer Service
Western Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Hobbies/Interests: gym, traveling, reading
Message: Write a message here

  • -4

Re: MISS SOUTH AFRICA 2019 is ZOZIBINI TUNZI

Postby BeautyBeach » Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:17 pm

Eloïse van der Westhuizen from Western Cape is the rightful winner of Miss SA 2019, she got penalised because she's white, poor girl, she is not even in the Top 2! she will do well for SA at Miss Universe but she was punished because of her skin colour, now they decided to choose a plain jane black girl because it's the "right" thing to do in SA.

Image
I'm Beach Beauty, don't confuse me with some alternick, I'm too high class for that!
BeautyBeach
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.
 
Posts: 469
Joined: Fri May 20, 2016 4:04 am
Location: Forbes Park, Makati City, Metro Manila, Philippines
Country: Philippines (ph)
Reputation: -671
Date of Birth: 08 Aug 1988
Gender: Male
Sexual Orientation: Not sure
Profession: Most beautiful & kindest person on Missosology
Hobbies/Interests: Shopping, sunbathing and being gorgeous!
Message: I LOVE EVERYONE OF YOU, I REALLY DO! PROUD TO BE FILIPINO!!

  • 0

Re: MISS SOUTH AFRICA 2019 is ZOZIBINI TUNZI

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:17 pm

BeautyBeach wrote:Eloïse van der Westhuizen from Western Cape is the rightful winner of Miss SA 2019, she got penalised because she's white, poor girl, she is not even in the Top 2! she will do well for SA at Miss Universe but she was punished because of her skin colour, now they decided to choose a plain jane black girl because it's the "right" thing to do in SA.

Image


Ah, perfect example of the racism/colorism in South African pageantry we were talking about. If Eloïse was black you would have never posted this. Was she a pretty girl? Yes. The deserving winner? I don't know about that one.
MISS USA 2020 TOP 3 (so far):
Image
Queen of the Clouds
AMBASSADORS represent their country.
AMBASSADORS represent their country.
 
Posts: 1087
Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:39 pm
Location: Manhattan, NEW YORK // Tallinn, ESTONIA
Country: United States (us)
Reputation: 775
Date of Birth: 18 Mar 1996
Gender: Female
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: Student
Western Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Hobbies/Interests: Partying, Netflix, and fun
Message: Write a message here

  • 1

Re: MISS SOUTH AFRICA 2019 is ZOZIBINI TUNZI

Postby yellowyam1 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:22 pm

BeautyBeach wrote:Eloïse van der Westhuizen from Western Cape is the rightful winner of Miss SA 2019, she got penalised because she's white, poor girl, she is not even in the Top 2! she will do well for SA at Miss Universe but she was punished because of her skin colour, now they decided to choose a plain jane black girl because it's the "right" thing to do in SA.

Image


why am i not surprised that this is coming you
yellowyam1
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.
 
Posts: 7532
Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:38 pm
Country: Jamaica (jm)
Reputation: 4366
Real Life Name/Nick: nick
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 1982
Gender: Male
Sexual Orientation: Gay
Profession: manager
Western Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Chinese Zodiac: Dragon
Hobbies/Interests: watching beauty pageants
Message: Write a message here

  • 1

Re: MISS SOUTH AFRICA 2019 | CROWNING SHOW LIVE!!

Postby LyJonas » Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:03 am

firerprince wrote:
ZOZIBINI TUNZI IS MISS SOUTH AFRICA :hx



Okay Miss thang up here is hella FINE... She competed in this same contest a couple years ago where she was wearing a weave... stopped short at semifinalist. Regrouped, came back with a vengeance and snatched it from all the faves. Love her, however my girl Chuma didn't make it and I'm livid... Hope she comes back because I believe she can win Miss Universe/Miss World.
LyJonas
AMBASSADORS represent their country.
AMBASSADORS represent their country.
 
Posts: 504
Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2010 6:56 pm
Location: Accra
Country: Ghana (gh)
Reputation: 306
Real Life Name/Nick: Jon
Date of Birth: 21 Aug 1988
Gender: Male
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: Student
Hobbies/Interests: Reading, working out, photography..Lotsa stuff :-)

  • 1

Re: MISS SOUTH AFRICA 2019 is ZOZIBINI TUNZI

Postby bukita » Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:48 am



bukita
AMBASSADORS represent their country.
AMBASSADORS represent their country.
 
Posts: 11452
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:15 pm
Country: Thailand (th)
Reputation: 7577
Real Life Name/Nick: Bongo
Gender: Male
Profession: Customer Service
Western Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Hobbies/Interests: gym, traveling, reading
Message: Write a message here

  • 0

Re: MISS SOUTH AFRICA 2019 is ZOZIBINI TUNZI

Postby TheGenuineBeauty » Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:43 am

BeautyBeach wrote:Eloïse van der Westhuizen from Western Cape is the rightful winner of Miss SA 2019, she got penalised because she's white, poor girl, she is not even in the Top 2! she will do well for SA at Miss Universe but she was punished because of her skin colour, now they decided to choose a plain jane black girl because it's the "right" thing to do in SA.

Image

I know that this is just rumors from someone who obviously did not like the way things went at the Miss South Africa pageant. Personally I didn't even watch the pageant, so I don't know if Eloise was necessarily the "rightful" winner of Miss South Africa, all I know is that the winner is what I like to call an IMG girl (plain beauty but makes up for it in intelligence)

However, if this turns out to be true and not some person spreading rumors, personally I wouldn't be surprised. South Africa has had a recent history of...let's just say preferring black people over white people. All I can say about that is that racism works both ways. A black person can be racist towards a white person and vice versa. Do you know how many things people of color have said towards white people, that are deemed racist if said to a person of color and manage to get away with it?

I am going to use Cheslie Kryst's name as an example of how this exact same comment can be treated differently...(bad grammar and all)

Cheslie Kryst from North Carolina is the rightful winner of Miss USA 2019, she got penalised because she's black, poor girl, she's not even in the Top 2! she will do well for USA at Miss Universe but she was punished because of her skin colour, now they decided to choose a plain jane white girl because it's the "right" thing to do in USA.


Of course there will be some people who will brush this off as some sore loser who's favorite didn't win the crown. But in this day and age, where everything is considered racist and offensive, this person would be praised for speaking the truth and a huge uproar would occur, calling out the Miss Universe Organization (owners of Miss USA) racist for letting a white girl win the pageant (and trust me if you scroll through twitter, you will probably find some racist comments about Sarah Rose Summers when she won Miss USA.

Long story short, let people criticize who they want to criticize, but please for the love of all that is good and holy, do not bring race into the conversation. When we criticize a black girl it's not because we are racist, it's because we are criticizing her beauty and performance at a pageant (jeez it's called a beauty pageant for a reason)

This is the last time I will talk about race in this forum, cause I am honestly sooo tired of bringing up the race card when a black girl wins and people don't like it. Treat people equally, no matter what skin tone or gender they are. Treat people like how you want to be treated.

Edit: Thank you to Queen of the Clouds for pointing out that the article link I posted was of Zimbabwe and not South Africa. That was a mistake on my part. I have deleted the link, but you can still check it out as my original post has been quoted :)
Last edited by TheGenuineBeauty on Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
THE QUIÑONES ERA

Image

2018: Kiara Liz Ortega (Top 5)
2019: Madison Anderson (1st RU)
TheGenuineBeauty
PAGEANT SPECIALISTS are seasoned ANALYSTS of pageantry.
PAGEANT SPECIALISTS are seasoned ANALYSTS of pageantry.
 
Posts: 322
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2018 1:29 am
Location: Florida
Country: United States (us)
Reputation: 362
Date of Birth: 24 Jul 1996
Gender: Female
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: Student
Western Zodiac Sign: Leo
Chinese Zodiac: Rat
Hobbies/Interests: Reading
Message: Promote what you love instead of attacking what you hate.

  • 0

Re: MISS SOUTH AFRICA 2019 is ZOZIBINI TUNZI

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:04 am

TheGenuineBeauty wrote:
BeautyBeach wrote:Eloïse van der Westhuizen from Western Cape is the rightful winner of Miss SA 2019, she got penalised because she's white, poor girl, she is not even in the Top 2! she will do well for SA at Miss Universe but she was punished because of her skin colour, now they decided to choose a plain jane black girl because it's the "right" thing to do in SA.

Image

I know that this is just rumors from someone who obviously did not like the way things went at the Miss South Africa pageant. Personally I didn't even watch the pageant, so I don't know if Eloise was necessarily the "rightful" winner of Miss South Africa, all I know is that the winner is what I like to call an IMG girl (plain beauty but makes up for it in intelligence)

However, if this turns out to be true and not some person spreading rumors, personally I wouldn't be surprised. South Africa has had a recent history of...let's just say preferring black people over white people. https://www.newsweek.com/zimbabwe-president-robert-mugabe-white-farmers-651326 All I can say about that is that racism works both ways. A black person can be racist towards a white person and vice versa. Do you know how many things people of color have said towards white people, that are deemed racist if said to a person of color and manage to get away with it?

I am going to use Cheslie Kryst's name as an example of how this exact same comment can be treated differently...(bad grammar and all)

Cheslie Kryst from North Carolina is the rightful winner of Miss USA 2019, she got penalised because she's black, poor girl, she's not even in the Top 2! she will do well for USA at Miss Universe but she was punished because of her skin colour, now they decided to choose a plain jane white girl because it's the "right" thing to do in USA.


Of course there will be some people who will brush this off as some sore loser who's favorite didn't win the crown. But in this day and age, where everything is considered racist and offensive, this person would be praised for speaking the truth and a huge uproar would occur, calling out the Miss Universe Organization (owners of Miss USA) racist for letting a white girl win the pageant (and trust me if you scroll through twitter, you will probably find some racist comments about Sarah Rose Summers when she won Miss USA.

Long story short, let people criticize who they want to criticize, but please for the love of all that is good and holy, do not bring race into the conversation. When we criticize a black girl it's not because we are racist, it's because we are criticizing her beauty and performance at a pageant (jeez it's called a beauty pageant for a reason)

This is the last time I will talk about race in this forum, cause I am honestly sooo tired of bringing up the race card when a black girl wins and people don't like it. Treat people equally, no matter what skin tone or gender they are. Treat people like how you want to be treated.


This is not a legitimate concern. Eloïse performed no better than Zozibini, and those who watched agreed that Zozibini was most deserving of the top five. The poster just wanted to spread their racism. Also, keep in mind black Africans make up 80% of South Africa. Of the 2010s decade, four of the ten titleholders have been black; that's 40% of titleholders although they make up 80% of the country --- if anything the racism is against these black girls.

Also, as for the article you linked, that is Zimbabwe, not South Africa. Everyone knows that Robert Mugabe (former President of Zimbabwe) was racist against white people, and many white people fled to South Africa during his tenure. This is not anywhere near the case in South Africa; white people of South Africa continue to be the richest and most privileged ethnic group in the country (often living in wealthy suburbs while other ethnic groups are stuck in slums and rural villages), and to pretend like they're facing discrimination now that black Africans are being considered equals is quite ignorant.

If people don't like Zozibini then so be it, but to say that a white girl was the deserving winner and she only lost because the judges were racist is so entirely disrespectful and ignorant. Can white people face discrimination? Yes, as per the Zimbabwe article. Is this a case of that? Absolutely not, it's just a racist spewing their racism.
MISS USA 2020 TOP 3 (so far):
Image
Queen of the Clouds
AMBASSADORS represent their country.
AMBASSADORS represent their country.
 
Posts: 1087
Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:39 pm
Location: Manhattan, NEW YORK // Tallinn, ESTONIA
Country: United States (us)
Reputation: 775
Date of Birth: 18 Mar 1996
Gender: Female
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: Student
Western Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Hobbies/Interests: Partying, Netflix, and fun
Message: Write a message here

  • 3

Re: MISS SOUTH AFRICA 2019 is ZOZIBINI TUNZI

Postby keyss » Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:44 am

None of the white girls were great this year. There was no Rolene or Demi. I knew a black girl would win, I was just hoping it would be Chuma or Zanele. But in all honesty Dr.Tamaryn Green is a hard act to follow no matter if you're white, black or lavender.



=(( Wasted forever.
keyss
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.
 
Posts: 2975
Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:31 pm
Location: Upstate New York
Country: United States (us)
Reputation: 2581
Date of Birth: 29 Aug 1987
Gender: Female
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: self employed
Western Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Chinese Zodiac: Rabbit
Hobbies/Interests: beauty

  • 1

Re: MISS SOUTH AFRICA 2019 is ZOZIBINI TUNZI

Postby Brain Beauty » Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:45 am

I love her look and want her to be placed. :=p :=p :=p :=p :=p :=p
Brain Beauty
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.
 
Posts: 2236
Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:43 am
Location: Ho Chi Minh City
Country: Vietnam (vn)
Reputation: 818
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 2008
Gender: Male
Hobbies/Interests: Reading and Cinema
Message: Write a message here

  • 0

Re: MISS SOUTH AFRICA 2019 is ZOZIBINI TUNZI

Postby TheGenuineBeauty » Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:31 am

Queen of the Clouds wrote:
TheGenuineBeauty wrote:
BeautyBeach wrote:Eloïse van der Westhuizen from Western Cape is the rightful winner of Miss SA 2019, she got penalised because she's white, poor girl, she is not even in the Top 2! she will do well for SA at Miss Universe but she was punished because of her skin colour, now they decided to choose a plain jane black girl because it's the "right" thing to do in SA.

Image

I know that this is just rumors from someone who obviously did not like the way things went at the Miss South Africa pageant. Personally I didn't even watch the pageant, so I don't know if Eloise was necessarily the "rightful" winner of Miss South Africa, all I know is that the winner is what I like to call an IMG girl (plain beauty but makes up for it in intelligence)

However, if this turns out to be true and not some person spreading rumors, personally I wouldn't be surprised. South Africa has had a recent history of...let's just say preferring black people over white people. https://www.newsweek.com/zimbabwe-president-robert-mugabe-white-farmers-651326 All I can say about that is that racism works both ways. A black person can be racist towards a white person and vice versa. Do you know how many things people of color have said towards white people, that are deemed racist if said to a person of color and manage to get away with it?

I am going to use Cheslie Kryst's name as an example of how this exact same comment can be treated differently...(bad grammar and all)

Cheslie Kryst from North Carolina is the rightful winner of Miss USA 2019, she got penalised because she's black, poor girl, she's not even in the Top 2! she will do well for USA at Miss Universe but she was punished because of her skin colour, now they decided to choose a plain jane white girl because it's the "right" thing to do in USA.


Of course there will be some people who will brush this off as some sore loser who's favorite didn't win the crown. But in this day and age, where everything is considered racist and offensive, this person would be praised for speaking the truth and a huge uproar would occur, calling out the Miss Universe Organization (owners of Miss USA) racist for letting a white girl win the pageant (and trust me if you scroll through twitter, you will probably find some racist comments about Sarah Rose Summers when she won Miss USA.

Long story short, let people criticize who they want to criticize, but please for the love of all that is good and holy, do not bring race into the conversation. When we criticize a black girl it's not because we are racist, it's because we are criticizing her beauty and performance at a pageant (jeez it's called a beauty pageant for a reason)

This is the last time I will talk about race in this forum, cause I am honestly sooo tired of bringing up the race card when a black girl wins and people don't like it. Treat people equally, no matter what skin tone or gender they are. Treat people like how you want to be treated.


This is not a legitimate concern. Eloïse performed no better than Zozibini, and those who watched agreed that Zozibini was most deserving of the top five. The poster just wanted to spread their racism. Also, keep in mind black Africans make up 80% of South Africa. Of the 2010s decade, four of the ten titleholders have been black; that's 40% of titleholders although they make up 80% of the country --- if anything the racism is against these black girls.

Also, as for the article you linked, that is Zimbabwe, not South Africa. Everyone knows that Robert Mugabe (former President of Zimbabwe) was racist against white people, and many white people fled to South Africa during his tenure. This is not anywhere near the case in South Africa; white people of South Africa continue to be the richest and most privileged ethnic group in the country (often living in wealthy suburbs while other ethnic groups are stuck in slums and rural villages), and to pretend like they're facing discrimination now that black Africans are being considered equals is quite ignorant.

If people don't like Zozibini then so be it, but to say that a white girl was the deserving winner and she only lost because the judges were racist is so entirely disrespectful and ignorant. Can white people face discrimination? Yes, as per the Zimbabwe article. Is this a case of that? Absolutely not, it's just a racist spewing their racism.


Did I say specifically that the person is right? No. Did I condone said person's behavior? No I said that I wouldn't be surprised if it was true. I also pointed out that this is a rumor. This is obviously some troll trolling. As for the article, that was my mistake and I apologize for putting an article about another country and claiming that it was South Africa (that's what you get for using google lol) but it kinda still proves my point about the hypocrisy that we are facing when it becomes to racism. But I am right on the farm attacks because they have happened in South Africa as well. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l76v4JW2BtQ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLnivak8A14 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJmGdbukklU Also I would like to point out this sentence that you said in your post

Of the 2010s decade, four of the ten titleholders have been black; that's 40% of titleholders although they make up 80% of the country --- if anything the racism is against these black girls.


The only white girl I have seen crowned during the 2010's is Melinda Bam. The other white girl that has been crowned is Ade Van Heerden who was crowned because Demi won Miss Universe. Everyone else excluding the African Americans are of mixed descent. That means that they have African American blood in them one way or another. So there have been more African Americans than white South Africans who have won the crown. Unless you are talking about "pure" African Americans, then let me just tell you what all of the Filipinos have been saying to the people claiming that Binibining are not crowning pure filipinas, pure anything is becoming less and less common in modern day society. South Africa is a mixture of white and black people. Also to say that if anything the racism is against these black girls is kinda hypocritical considering that you just called the troll a racist for basically the same thing.

Also there is no such thing as "white privilege" in modern day society (yes there has been white privilege in the past, but now everyone is treated equally in terms of modern day countries like USA and Canada) This a term that people like to throw around to again spew racism against white people. Just like how there is no such thing as "colorism" (a term made popular by MTV) There is only racism, just plain racism, and racism is a universal term that applies to everyone. I am just pointing out how two-faced people can be when it comes to the topic of racism.
THE QUIÑONES ERA

Image

2018: Kiara Liz Ortega (Top 5)
2019: Madison Anderson (1st RU)
TheGenuineBeauty
PAGEANT SPECIALISTS are seasoned ANALYSTS of pageantry.
PAGEANT SPECIALISTS are seasoned ANALYSTS of pageantry.
 
Posts: 322
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2018 1:29 am
Location: Florida
Country: United States (us)
Reputation: 362
Date of Birth: 24 Jul 1996
Gender: Female
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: Student
Western Zodiac Sign: Leo
Chinese Zodiac: Rat
Hobbies/Interests: Reading
Message: Promote what you love instead of attacking what you hate.

  • 0

Re: MISS SOUTH AFRICA 2019 is ZOZIBINI TUNZI

Postby TheGenuineBeauty » Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:32 am

keyss wrote:None of the white girls were great this year. There was no Rolene or Demi. I knew a black girl would win, I was just hoping it would be Chuma or Zanele. But in all honesty Dr.Tamaryn Green is a hard act to follow no matter if you're white, black or lavender.



=(( Wasted forever.


Chuma was my favorite as well. Chuma for Miss Universe and Eloise for Miss World.
THE QUIÑONES ERA

Image

2018: Kiara Liz Ortega (Top 5)
2019: Madison Anderson (1st RU)
TheGenuineBeauty
PAGEANT SPECIALISTS are seasoned ANALYSTS of pageantry.
PAGEANT SPECIALISTS are seasoned ANALYSTS of pageantry.
 
Posts: 322
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2018 1:29 am
Location: Florida
Country: United States (us)
Reputation: 362
Date of Birth: 24 Jul 1996
Gender: Female
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: Student
Western Zodiac Sign: Leo
Chinese Zodiac: Rat
Hobbies/Interests: Reading
Message: Promote what you love instead of attacking what you hate.

  • 1

Re: MISS SOUTH AFRICA 2019 is ZOZIBINI TUNZI

Postby samzozo » Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:24 pm

My favorites for the crown were Xia, Chuma, Zozibini, Lisa and Kgothatso. Unfortunately, Xia and lisa were axed from the Top 10 =O/ . I was left with Chuma, Zozi and Kgothatso. Chuma was beautiful but failed to stand out in the swimsuit competition sad =O/ .[/b] Zozi excellent communication skills and confidence sealed her win in the Top5 and Top2.
samzozo
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.
 
Posts: 119
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:52 pm
Location: Cape
Country: South Africa (za)
Reputation: -5
Real Life Name/Nick: samzo
Date of Birth: 21 May 1974
Gender: Male
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: Law
Western Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Chinese Zodiac: Monkey
Hobbies/Interests: Chess
Message: Nice and informative

  • 0

Re: MISS SOUTH AFRICA 2019 is ZOZIBINI TUNZI

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:07 pm

TheGenuineBeauty wrote:
Queen of the Clouds wrote:
TheGenuineBeauty wrote:
BeautyBeach wrote:Eloïse van der Westhuizen from Western Cape is the rightful winner of Miss SA 2019, she got penalised because she's white, poor girl, she is not even in the Top 2! she will do well for SA at Miss Universe but she was punished because of her skin colour, now they decided to choose a plain jane black girl because it's the "right" thing to do in SA.

Image

I know that this is just rumors from someone who obviously did not like the way things went at the Miss South Africa pageant. Personally I didn't even watch the pageant, so I don't know if Eloise was necessarily the "rightful" winner of Miss South Africa, all I know is that the winner is what I like to call an IMG girl (plain beauty but makes up for it in intelligence)

However, if this turns out to be true and not some person spreading rumors, personally I wouldn't be surprised. South Africa has had a recent history of...let's just say preferring black people over white people. https://www.newsweek.com/zimbabwe-president-robert-mugabe-white-farmers-651326 All I can say about that is that racism works both ways. A black person can be racist towards a white person and vice versa. Do you know how many things people of color have said towards white people, that are deemed racist if said to a person of color and manage to get away with it?

I am going to use Cheslie Kryst's name as an example of how this exact same comment can be treated differently...(bad grammar and all)

Cheslie Kryst from North Carolina is the rightful winner of Miss USA 2019, she got penalised because she's black, poor girl, she's not even in the Top 2! she will do well for USA at Miss Universe but she was punished because of her skin colour, now they decided to choose a plain jane white girl because it's the "right" thing to do in USA.


Of course there will be some people who will brush this off as some sore loser who's favorite didn't win the crown. But in this day and age, where everything is considered racist and offensive, this person would be praised for speaking the truth and a huge uproar would occur, calling out the Miss Universe Organization (owners of Miss USA) racist for letting a white girl win the pageant (and trust me if you scroll through twitter, you will probably find some racist comments about Sarah Rose Summers when she won Miss USA.

Long story short, let people criticize who they want to criticize, but please for the love of all that is good and holy, do not bring race into the conversation. When we criticize a black girl it's not because we are racist, it's because we are criticizing her beauty and performance at a pageant (jeez it's called a beauty pageant for a reason)

This is the last time I will talk about race in this forum, cause I am honestly sooo tired of bringing up the race card when a black girl wins and people don't like it. Treat people equally, no matter what skin tone or gender they are. Treat people like how you want to be treated.


This is not a legitimate concern. Eloïse performed no better than Zozibini, and those who watched agreed that Zozibini was most deserving of the top five. The poster just wanted to spread their racism. Also, keep in mind black Africans make up 80% of South Africa. Of the 2010s decade, four of the ten titleholders have been black; that's 40% of titleholders although they make up 80% of the country --- if anything the racism is against these black girls.

Also, as for the article you linked, that is Zimbabwe, not South Africa. Everyone knows that Robert Mugabe (former President of Zimbabwe) was racist against white people, and many white people fled to South Africa during his tenure. This is not anywhere near the case in South Africa; white people of South Africa continue to be the richest and most privileged ethnic group in the country (often living in wealthy suburbs while other ethnic groups are stuck in slums and rural villages), and to pretend like they're facing discrimination now that black Africans are being considered equals is quite ignorant.

If people don't like Zozibini then so be it, but to say that a white girl was the deserving winner and she only lost because the judges were racist is so entirely disrespectful and ignorant. Can white people face discrimination? Yes, as per the Zimbabwe article. Is this a case of that? Absolutely not, it's just a racist spewing their racism.


Did I say specifically that the person is right? No. Did I condone said person's behavior? No I said that I wouldn't be surprised if it was true. I also pointed out that this is a rumor. This is obviously some troll trolling. As for the article, that was my mistake and I apologize for putting an article about another country and claiming that it was South Africa (that's what you get for using google lol) but it kinda still proves my point about the hypocrisy that we are facing when it becomes to racism. But I am right on the farm attacks because they have happened in South Africa as well. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l76v4JW2BtQ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLnivak8A14 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJmGdbukklU Also I would like to point out this sentence that you said in your post

Of the 2010s decade, four of the ten titleholders have been black; that's 40% of titleholders although they make up 80% of the country --- if anything the racism is against these black girls.


The only white girl I have seen crowned during the 2010's is Melinda Bam. The other white girl that has been crowned is Ade Van Heerden who was crowned because Demi won Miss Universe. Everyone else excluding the African Americans are of mixed descent. That means that they have African American blood in them one way or another. So there have been more African Americans than white South Africans who have won the crown. Unless you are talking about "pure" African Americans, then let me just tell you what all of the Filipinos have been saying to the people claiming that Binibining are not crowning pure filipinas, pure anything is becoming less and less common in modern day society. South Africa is a mixture of white and black people. Also to say that if anything the racism is against these black girls is kinda hypocritical considering that you just called the troll a racist for basically the same thing.

Also there is no such thing as "white privilege" in modern day society (yes there has been white privilege in the past, but now everyone is treated equally in terms of modern day countries like USA and Canada) This a term that people like to throw around to again spew racism against white people. Just like how there is no such thing as "colorism" (a term made popular by MTV) There is only racism, just plain racism, and racism is a universal term that applies to everyone. I am just pointing out how two-faced people can be when it comes to the topic of racism.


"The only white girl I have seen crowned during the 2010's is Melinda Bam." That is because white people only make up 8% of South Africa!! It is entirely proportional. Regardless of what the media tell you about South Africa, there are not that many white people, I don't know why you would expect them to be winning an equal amount to black Africans when there are 10x the amount of black Africans in South Africa than there are white people. Only 13% of the U.S. is black and people FLIP OUT if they think black girls aren't winning proportionately to their population size. What is not proportional is the overrepresentation of Coloured girls (Tamaryn, Demi, Rolene, Marilyn; not to mention Demi and Rolene were both very light-skinned) and the underrepresentation of black girls; Coloured people are also 8% of South Africa but 40% of titleholders, the same percentage of titleholders as black girls even though black people are 80% of the country. Can you not see that? I don't even really care about all this as long as the winner is deserving, I just will not stand for when people are being openly racist.

So many of your comments on race have been ignorant. First off, none of these girls are "African Americans," they are South African. Secondly, the girls with mixed ancestry are their own separate ethnic group in South Africa that I previously mentioned (Coloureds): to compare this with Filipinas of half-white immigrant origin is ignorant and shows that you are not understanding of South Africa. Coloureds are entirely South African, with entirely South African parentage, and to imply that they're not is just not true. For example, Catriona Gray is Filipino-Australian and Pia Wurtzbach is Filipino-German, you can't put a hyphenated label on Tamaryn, Demi, etc. because Coloureds are simply South African. Your comments on white privilege also just show you're not understanding the complexities of race. You say you're from the U.S., so how is it not white privilege that black people receive harsher punishments than white people for the same crimes, with white people often not even being arrested for these crimes that a black person may have committed? How is it not white privilege that black men have been shot and killed just for entering their home at night in a majority-white neighborhood? How is it not white privilege that a black man selling illegal cigarettes is thrown to the ground while being arrested and later murdered by police, while a white mass murderer is peacefully taken away by cops? How is not white privilege that white rapists often receive no punishments while black minor drug offenders are locked up for years? White privilege exists (every group has some form of privilege in life). Also, colorism is entirely real; why are light-skinned black girls favored over dark-skinned black girls? Deshauna Barber literally said in an interview that she did not expect to win Miss USA because when black girls won the crown they were almost always lighter-skinned (Crystle Stewart, Carole Gist, etc.). Please stop while you're ahead.
MISS USA 2020 TOP 3 (so far):
Image
Queen of the Clouds
AMBASSADORS represent their country.
AMBASSADORS represent their country.
 
Posts: 1087
Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:39 pm
Location: Manhattan, NEW YORK // Tallinn, ESTONIA
Country: United States (us)
Reputation: 775
Date of Birth: 18 Mar 1996
Gender: Female
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: Student
Western Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Hobbies/Interests: Partying, Netflix, and fun
Message: Write a message here

  • 1

Re: MISS SOUTH AFRICA 2019 is ZOZIBINI TUNZI

Postby Bad Curtains Galore » Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:29 pm

Zozibini was the best performer in the much-derided “questionable” Top 5. She earned the crown. She certainly has the looks. Is she prettier than past Miss SA candidates/winners? I don’t think so; that would be debatable at best.

What’s not debatable to me is the ugliness of that credit-grabbing, overrated, plain and old-looking millennial from North Carolina whose only ticket to winning Miss USA was her beautiful hair. Shave the hair off and she wouldn’t even qualify to be a clapping contestant at either Miss USA — or Miss SA.
Bad Curtains Galore
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.
 
Posts: 533
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:16 pm
Location: Paris, France
Country: United States (us)
Reputation: 1016
Real Life Name/Nick: Zuly
Date of Birth: 03 Feb 1993
Gender: Female
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: Grad student
Hobbies/Interests: Stealing curtains
Message: Write a message here

  • 0

Re: MISS SOUTH AFRICA 2019 is ZOZIBINI TUNZI

Postby yellowyam1 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:34 pm

Bad Curtains Galore wrote:Zozibini was the best performer in the much-derided “questionable” Top 5. She earned the crown. She certainly has the looks. Is she prettier than past Miss SA candidates/winners? I don’t think so; that would be debatable at best.

What’s not debatable to me is the ugliness of that credit-grabbing, overrated, plain and old-looking millennial from North Carolina whose only ticket to winning Miss USA was her beautiful hair. Shave the hair off and she wouldn’t even qualify to be a clapping contestant at either Miss USA — or Miss SA.


you have a lot of nerves, miss usa 2019 slays the ugly bitch you have as your DP pic.You keep talking shit about miss usa what is your PR PRINCESS doing these days? At lease miss usa is lawyer unlike your IG princess who is selling PR pussy on the gram these days.
yellowyam1
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.
 
Posts: 7532
Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:38 pm
Country: Jamaica (jm)
Reputation: 4366
Real Life Name/Nick: nick
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 1982
Gender: Male
Sexual Orientation: Gay
Profession: manager
Western Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Chinese Zodiac: Dragon
Hobbies/Interests: watching beauty pageants
Message: Write a message here

  • 0

Re: MISS SOUTH AFRICA 2019 is ZOZIBINI TUNZI

Postby TheGenuineBeauty » Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:28 am

Queen of the Clouds wrote:
TheGenuineBeauty wrote:
Queen of the Clouds wrote:
TheGenuineBeauty wrote:
BeautyBeach wrote:Eloïse van der Westhuizen from Western Cape is the rightful winner of Miss SA 2019, she got penalised because she's white, poor girl, she is not even in the Top 2! she will do well for SA at Miss Universe but she was punished because of her skin colour, now they decided to choose a plain jane black girl because it's the "right" thing to do in SA.

Image

I know that this is just rumors from someone who obviously did not like the way things went at the Miss South Africa pageant. Personally I didn't even watch the pageant, so I don't know if Eloise was necessarily the "rightful" winner of Miss South Africa, all I know is that the winner is what I like to call an IMG girl (plain beauty but makes up for it in intelligence)

However, if this turns out to be true and not some person spreading rumors, personally I wouldn't be surprised. South Africa has had a recent history of...let's just say preferring black people over white people. https://www.newsweek.com/zimbabwe-president-robert-mugabe-white-farmers-651326 All I can say about that is that racism works both ways. A black person can be racist towards a white person and vice versa. Do you know how many things people of color have said towards white people, that are deemed racist if said to a person of color and manage to get away with it?

I am going to use Cheslie Kryst's name as an example of how this exact same comment can be treated differently...(bad grammar and all)

Cheslie Kryst from North Carolina is the rightful winner of Miss USA 2019, she got penalised because she's black, poor girl, she's not even in the Top 2! she will do well for USA at Miss Universe but she was punished because of her skin colour, now they decided to choose a plain jane white girl because it's the "right" thing to do in USA.


Of course there will be some people who will brush this off as some sore loser who's favorite didn't win the crown. But in this day and age, where everything is considered racist and offensive, this person would be praised for speaking the truth and a huge uproar would occur, calling out the Miss Universe Organization (owners of Miss USA) racist for letting a white girl win the pageant (and trust me if you scroll through twitter, you will probably find some racist comments about Sarah Rose Summers when she won Miss USA.

Long story short, let people criticize who they want to criticize, but please for the love of all that is good and holy, do not bring race into the conversation. When we criticize a black girl it's not because we are racist, it's because we are criticizing her beauty and performance at a pageant (jeez it's called a beauty pageant for a reason)

This is the last time I will talk about race in this forum, cause I am honestly sooo tired of bringing up the race card when a black girl wins and people don't like it. Treat people equally, no matter what skin tone or gender they are. Treat people like how you want to be treated.


This is not a legitimate concern. Eloïse performed no better than Zozibini, and those who watched agreed that Zozibini was most deserving of the top five. The poster just wanted to spread their racism. Also, keep in mind black Africans make up 80% of South Africa. Of the 2010s decade, four of the ten titleholders have been black; that's 40% of titleholders although they make up 80% of the country --- if anything the racism is against these black girls.

Also, as for the article you linked, that is Zimbabwe, not South Africa. Everyone knows that Robert Mugabe (former President of Zimbabwe) was racist against white people, and many white people fled to South Africa during his tenure. This is not anywhere near the case in South Africa; white people of South Africa continue to be the richest and most privileged ethnic group in the country (often living in wealthy suburbs while other ethnic groups are stuck in slums and rural villages), and to pretend like they're facing discrimination now that black Africans are being considered equals is quite ignorant.

If people don't like Zozibini then so be it, but to say that a white girl was the deserving winner and she only lost because the judges were racist is so entirely disrespectful and ignorant. Can white people face discrimination? Yes, as per the Zimbabwe article. Is this a case of that? Absolutely not, it's just a racist spewing their racism.


Did I say specifically that the person is right? No. Did I condone said person's behavior? No I said that I wouldn't be surprised if it was true. I also pointed out that this is a rumor. This is obviously some troll trolling. As for the article, that was my mistake and I apologize for putting an article about another country and claiming that it was South Africa (that's what you get for using google lol) but it kinda still proves my point about the hypocrisy that we are facing when it becomes to racism. But I am right on the farm attacks because they have happened in South Africa as well. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l76v4JW2BtQ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLnivak8A14 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJmGdbukklU Also I would like to point out this sentence that you said in your post

Of the 2010s decade, four of the ten titleholders have been black; that's 40% of titleholders although they make up 80% of the country --- if anything the racism is against these black girls.


The only white girl I have seen crowned during the 2010's is Melinda Bam. The other white girl that has been crowned is Ade Van Heerden who was crowned because Demi won Miss Universe. Everyone else excluding the African Americans are of mixed descent. That means that they have African American blood in them one way or another. So there have been more African Americans than white South Africans who have won the crown. Unless you are talking about "pure" African Americans, then let me just tell you what all of the Filipinos have been saying to the people claiming that Binibining are not crowning pure filipinas, pure anything is becoming less and less common in modern day society. South Africa is a mixture of white and black people. Also to say that if anything the racism is against these black girls is kinda hypocritical considering that you just called the troll a racist for basically the same thing.

Also there is no such thing as "white privilege" in modern day society (yes there has been white privilege in the past, but now everyone is treated equally in terms of modern day countries like USA and Canada) This a term that people like to throw around to again spew racism against white people. Just like how there is no such thing as "colorism" (a term made popular by MTV) There is only racism, just plain racism, and racism is a universal term that applies to everyone. I am just pointing out how two-faced people can be when it comes to the topic of racism.


"The only white girl I have seen crowned during the 2010's is Melinda Bam." That is because white people only make up 8% of South Africa!! It is entirely proportional. Regardless of what the media tell you about South Africa, there are not that many white people, I don't know why you would expect them to be winning an equal amount to black Africans when there are 10x the amount of black Africans in South Africa than there are white people. Only 13% of the U.S. is black and people FLIP OUT if they think black girls aren't winning proportionately to their population size. What is not proportional is the overrepresentation of Coloured girls (Tamaryn, Demi, Rolene, Marilyn; not to mention Demi and Rolene were both very light-skinned) and the underrepresentation of black girls; Coloured people are also 8% of South Africa but 40% of titleholders, the same percentage of titleholders as black girls even though black people are 80% of the country. Can you not see that? I don't even really care about all this as long as the winner is deserving, I just will not stand for when people are being openly racist.

So many of your comments on race have been ignorant. First off, none of these girls are "African Americans," they are South African. Secondly, the girls with mixed ancestry are their own separate ethnic group in South Africa that I previously mentioned (Coloureds): to compare this with Filipinas of half-white immigrant origin is ignorant and shows that you are not understanding of South Africa. Coloureds are entirely South African, with entirely South African parentage, and to imply that they're not is just not true. For example, Catriona Gray is Filipino-Australian and Pia Wurtzbach is Filipino-German, you can't put a hyphenated label on Tamaryn, Demi, etc. because Coloureds are simply South African. Your comments on white privilege also just show you're not understanding the complexities of race. You say you're from the U.S., so how is it not white privilege that black people receive harsher punishments than white people for the same crimes, with white people often not even being arrested for these crimes that a black person may have committed? How is it not white privilege that black men have been shot and killed just for entering their home at night in a majority-white neighborhood? How is it not white privilege that a black man selling illegal cigarettes is thrown to the ground while being arrested and later murdered by police, while a white mass murderer is peacefully taken away by cops? How is not white privilege that white rapists often receive no punishments while black minor drug offenders are locked up for years? White privilege exists (every group has some form of privilege in life). Also, colorism is entirely real; why are light-skinned black girls favored over dark-skinned black girls? Deshauna Barber literally said in an interview that she did not expect to win Miss USA because when black girls won the crown they were almost always lighter-skinned (Crystle Stewart, Carole Gist, etc.). Please stop while you're ahead.


You know what...I had a full long ass rebuttal ready to post yesterday but Missosology kept crashing on me so I am going to keep this nice and short.

1. My mistake that I called africans that live in South Africa "African Americans" You are right on that one. However Coloureds are a multiracial ethnic group native to Southern Africa. So yes they are of mixed race.
2. In the US we widely celebrate a girl of a minority group when she wins a beauty pageant (or anything really), so why isn't it celebrated when coloureds or white people win a beauty pageant? Isn't that considered diversity since they choose more girls from minority groups than from the majority race (Africans)? I mean that's diversity isn't it?
3. There is no such thing as white privilege. There is privilege and every single person has some sort of privilege in their life. So if we are labeling everything a white person does as white privilege, then there's also black privilege, Latino privilege, Asian privilege, female privilege and male privilege. But I guess we can't talk about those now can't we?
4. Like I said in my earlier post there is no such thing as colorism. Only racism and racism is universal.
5. Every single question that you asked about how is it not white privilege when a black person does this...that has nothing to do with race and everything to do with culture (watch the first minute and a half of this debate for more explanation https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSmiZCQP58o&t=96s
6. There are more opportunities for minority groups than ever before, some at the expense of other groups (white and asian)

I think that's all I wanted to cover. Now I know for a fact that no one in this thread wants to hear two people bicker about the topic of race. So if you still want to continue with this conversation, my PMs are open and you are welcome to talk to me, anytime you want. I however am done talking about this topic on a public thread where we should be talking and posting pics about Zozibini. So I am done talking about this on a public forum (but if you want to have this conversation in a more private space, then like I said my PMs are open)
THE QUIÑONES ERA

Image

2018: Kiara Liz Ortega (Top 5)
2019: Madison Anderson (1st RU)
TheGenuineBeauty
PAGEANT SPECIALISTS are seasoned ANALYSTS of pageantry.
PAGEANT SPECIALISTS are seasoned ANALYSTS of pageantry.
 
Posts: 322
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2018 1:29 am
Location: Florida
Country: United States (us)
Reputation: 362
Date of Birth: 24 Jul 1996
Gender: Female
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: Student
Western Zodiac Sign: Leo
Chinese Zodiac: Rat
Hobbies/Interests: Reading
Message: Promote what you love instead of attacking what you hate.

  • 1

Re: MISS SOUTH AFRICA 2019 is ZOZIBINI TUNZI

Postby DUBROVNIK » Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:27 pm

DUBROVNIK
CORRESPONDENTS are OFFICIAL pageant REPORTERS & PHOTOGRAPHERS of Missosology.
CORRESPONDENTS are OFFICIAL pageant REPORTERS & PHOTOGRAPHERS of Missosology.
 
Posts: 9450
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:51 am
Country: Croatia (hr)
Reputation: 7668
Date of Birth: 23 Jan 1997
Gender: Female
Sexual Orientation: -----------
Profession: Employee - Part time librarian
Hobbies/Interests: International current events, trips, Classic songs
Message: Glad to meet everyone!

  • 1

Re: MISS SOUTH AFRICA 2019 is ZOZIBINI TUNZI

Postby DUBROVNIK » Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:30 pm

DUBROVNIK
CORRESPONDENTS are OFFICIAL pageant REPORTERS & PHOTOGRAPHERS of Missosology.
CORRESPONDENTS are OFFICIAL pageant REPORTERS & PHOTOGRAPHERS of Missosology.
 
Posts: 9450
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:51 am
Country: Croatia (hr)
Reputation: 7668
Date of Birth: 23 Jan 1997
Gender: Female
Sexual Orientation: -----------
Profession: Employee - Part time librarian
Hobbies/Interests: International current events, trips, Classic songs
Message: Glad to meet everyone!

  • 1

Re: MISS SOUTH AFRICA 2019 is ZOZIBINI TUNZI

Postby ManMeat » Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:05 pm

Her beauty screams IMG's Miss Universe prototype (Maybe CHI gonna hate short haired gurls but)
Maybe IMG wants triple black winners, if that happen, Miss USA/Teen USA doesn't have to be categorized with Miss America together.
Image
ManMeat
SUPER STARS are POPULAR or CHARISMATIC posters.
SUPER STARS are POPULAR or CHARISMATIC posters.
 
Posts: 9319
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:57 pm
Location: Your foreskin & pec cleavage
Country: Korea, Republic of (kr)
Reputation: 10040
Date of Birth: 27 Mar 1989
Gender: Male
Sexual Orientation: Lesbian
Profession: Intact Salami smuggler
Western Zodiac Sign: Aries
Chinese Zodiac: Snake
Hobbies/Interests: Let me bury my face in your pec cleavage
Message: Atomik is Lesbian

  • 3

Re: MISS SOUTH AFRICA 2019 is ZOZIBINI TUNZI

Postby Lanelk » Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:57 pm

Queen of the Clouds wrote:
TheGenuineBeauty wrote:
Queen of the Clouds wrote:
TheGenuineBeauty wrote:
BeautyBeach wrote:Eloïse van der Westhuizen from Western Cape is the rightful winner of Miss SA 2019, she got penalised because she's white, poor girl, she is not even in the Top 2! she will do well for SA at Miss Universe but she was punished because of her skin colour, now they decided to choose a plain jane black girl because it's the "right" thing to do in SA.

Image

I know that this is just rumors from someone who obviously did not like the way things went at the Miss South Africa pageant. Personally I didn't even watch the pageant, so I don't know if Eloise was necessarily the "rightful" winner of Miss South Africa, all I know is that the winner is what I like to call an IMG girl (plain beauty but makes up for it in intelligence)

However, if this turns out to be true and not some person spreading rumors, personally I wouldn't be surprised. South Africa has had a recent history of...let's just say preferring black people over white people. https://www.newsweek.com/zimbabwe-president-robert-mugabe-white-farmers-651326 All I can say about that is that racism works both ways. A black person can be racist towards a white person and vice versa. Do you know how many things people of color have said towards white people, that are deemed racist if said to a person of color and manage to get away with it?

I am going to use Cheslie Kryst's name as an example of how this exact same comment can be treated differently...(bad grammar and all)

Cheslie Kryst from North Carolina is the rightful winner of Miss USA 2019, she got penalised because she's black, poor girl, she's not even in the Top 2! she will do well for USA at Miss Universe but she was punished because of her skin colour, now they decided to choose a plain jane white girl because it's the "right" thing to do in USA.


Of course there will be some people who will brush this off as some sore loser who's favorite didn't win the crown. But in this day and age, where everything is considered racist and offensive, this person would be praised for speaking the truth and a huge uproar would occur, calling out the Miss Universe Organization (owners of Miss USA) racist for letting a white girl win the pageant (and trust me if you scroll through twitter, you will probably find some racist comments about Sarah Rose Summers when she won Miss USA.

Long story short, let people criticize who they want to criticize, but please for the love of all that is good and holy, do not bring race into the conversation. When we criticize a black girl it's not because we are racist, it's because we are criticizing her beauty and performance at a pageant (jeez it's called a beauty pageant for a reason)

This is the last time I will talk about race in this forum, cause I am honestly sooo tired of bringing up the race card when a black girl wins and people don't like it. Treat people equally, no matter what skin tone or gender they are. Treat people like how you want to be treated.


This is not a legitimate concern. Eloïse performed no better than Zozibini, and those who watched agreed that Zozibini was most deserving of the top five. The poster just wanted to spread their racism. Also, keep in mind black Africans make up 80% of South Africa. Of the 2010s decade, four of the ten titleholders have been black; that's 40% of titleholders although they make up 80% of the country --- if anything the racism is against these black girls.

Also, as for the article you linked, that is Zimbabwe, not South Africa. Everyone knows that Robert Mugabe (former President of Zimbabwe) was racist against white people, and many white people fled to South Africa during his tenure. This is not anywhere near the case in South Africa; white people of South Africa continue to be the richest and most privileged ethnic group in the country (often living in wealthy suburbs while other ethnic groups are stuck in slums and rural villages), and to pretend like they're facing discrimination now that black Africans are being considered equals is quite ignorant.

If people don't like Zozibini then so be it, but to say that a white girl was the deserving winner and she only lost because the judges were racist is so entirely disrespectful and ignorant. Can white people face discrimination? Yes, as per the Zimbabwe article. Is this a case of that? Absolutely not, it's just a racist spewing their racism.


Did I say specifically that the person is right? No. Did I condone said person's behavior? No I said that I wouldn't be surprised if it was true. I also pointed out that this is a rumor. This is obviously some troll trolling. As for the article, that was my mistake and I apologize for putting an article about another country and claiming that it was South Africa (that's what you get for using google lol) but it kinda still proves my point about the hypocrisy that we are facing when it becomes to racism. But I am right on the farm attacks because they have happened in South Africa as well. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l76v4JW2BtQ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLnivak8A14 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJmGdbukklU Also I would like to point out this sentence that you said in your post

Of the 2010s decade, four of the ten titleholders have been black; that's 40% of titleholders although they make up 80% of the country --- if anything the racism is against these black girls.


The only white girl I have seen crowned during the 2010's is Melinda Bam. The other white girl that has been crowned is Ade Van Heerden who was crowned because Demi won Miss Universe. Everyone else excluding the African Americans are of mixed descent. That means that they have African American blood in them one way or another. So there have been more African Americans than white South Africans who have won the crown. Unless you are talking about "pure" African Americans, then let me just tell you what all of the Filipinos have been saying to the people claiming that Binibining are not crowning pure filipinas, pure anything is becoming less and less common in modern day society. South Africa is a mixture of white and black people. Also to say that if anything the racism is against these black girls is kinda hypocritical considering that you just called the troll a racist for basically the same thing.

Also there is no such thing as "white privilege" in modern day society (yes there has been white privilege in the past, but now everyone is treated equally in terms of modern day countries like USA and Canada) This a term that people like to throw around to again spew racism against white people. Just like how there is no such thing as "colorism" (a term made popular by MTV) There is only racism, just plain racism, and racism is a universal term that applies to everyone. I am just pointing out how two-faced people can be when it comes to the topic of racism.


"The only white girl I have seen crowned during the 2010's is Melinda Bam." That is because white people only make up 8% of South Africa!! It is entirely proportional. Regardless of what the media tell you about South Africa, there are not that many white people, I don't know why you would expect them to be winning an equal amount to black Africans when there are 10x the amount of black Africans in South Africa than there are white people. Only 13% of the U.S. is black and people FLIP OUT if they think black girls aren't winning proportionately to their population size. What is not proportional is the overrepresentation of Coloured girls (Tamaryn, Demi, Rolene, Marilyn; not to mention Demi and Rolene were both very light-skinned) and the underrepresentation of black girls; Coloured people are also 8% of South Africa but 40% of titleholders, the same percentage of titleholders as black girls even though black people are 80% of the country. Can you not see that? I don't even really care about all this as long as the winner is deserving, I just will not stand for when people are being openly racist.

So many of your comments on race have been ignorant. First off, none of these girls are "African Americans," they are South African. Secondly, the girls with mixed ancestry are their own separate ethnic group in South Africa that I previously mentioned (Coloureds): to compare this with Filipinas of half-white immigrant origin is ignorant and shows that you are not understanding of South Africa. Coloureds are entirely South African, with entirely South African parentage, and to imply that they're not is just not true. For example, Catriona Gray is Filipino-Australian and Pia Wurtzbach is Filipino-German, you can't put a hyphenated label on Tamaryn, Demi, etc. because Coloureds are simply South African. Your comments on white privilege also just show you're not understanding the complexities of race. You say you're from the U.S., so how is it not white privilege that black people receive harsher punishments than white people for the same crimes, with white people often not even being arrested for these crimes that a black person may have committed? How is it not white privilege that black men have been shot and killed just for entering their home at night in a majority-white neighborhood? How is it not white privilege that a black man selling illegal cigarettes is thrown to the ground while being arrested and later murdered by police, while a white mass murderer is peacefully taken away by cops? How is not white privilege that white rapists often receive no punishments while black minor drug offenders are locked up for years? White privilege exists (every group has some form of privilege in life). Also, colorism is entirely real; why are light-skinned black girls favored over dark-skinned black girls? Deshauna Barber literally said in an interview that she did not expect to win Miss USA because when black girls won the crown they were almost always lighter-skinned (Crystle Stewart, Carole Gist, etc.). Please stop while you're ahead.


Wow, none of you are correct and you are misinformed. It is obvious that none of you are South Africans and you don't understand that the country has changed.

Let's start off by providing you with some facts:
2010 Miss South Africa: Bokang Montjane - Black (Ms Universe & Ms World Representative)
2011 Miss South Africa: Melinda Bam - White (Ms Universe Representative) 1st Runner-up: Remona Moodley - Indian (Ms World Representative)
2012 Miss South Africa: Marilyn Ramos- White (Ms Universe & Ms World Representative)
2014 Miss South Africa: Rolene Strauss - White (Ms World Representative) 1st Runner-up: Ziphozakhe Zokufa - Black (Ms Universe Representative)- Crowned as Miss SA after Rolene has won Miss World
2015 Miss South Africa: Liesl Laurie - Coloured (Brown) (Ms World Representative) 1st Runner-up: Refilwe Mthimunye - Black (Ms Universe Representative)
2016 Miss South Africa: Ntandoyenkosi Kunene - Black (Ms Universe & Ms World Representative)
2017 Miss South Africa: Demi-Leigh Nel-Peters - White (Ms Universe Representative) 1st Runner-up: Adè van Heerden - White (Ms World Representative) - Crowned as Miss SA after Demi has won Miss Universe
2018 Miss South Africa: Tamaryn Green- Coloured (Brown) (Ms Universe Representative) 1st Runner-up: Thulisa Keyi - Black (Ms World Representative)
2019 Miss South Africa: Zozibini Tunzi - Black (Ms Universe Representative) 1st Runner-up: Sasha-Lee Olivier - Coloured (Brown) (Ms World Representative)

Therefore:
2010- 2019: 3 of the original Miss South Africa winners were Black, 4 were White, 2 were Coloured (Brown) and none was Indian.
If we add the 2 replacements of 2014 and 2017 respectively it will be 4 - Black, 5-White, 2- Coloured (Brown) and no Indian
Representation at Miss World: 3-Black, 3-White, 2-Coloured (Brown) and 1 Indian
Representation at Miss Universe: 4-Black, 4-White, 1-Coloured (Brown)

It has nothing to do with the % of population, it depends on the finalists and their qualities, not their race. Please move on, the people of South Africa have moved on and support their winners, no matter their race. It is unnecessary that people outside South Africa try to play the race card and do harm to the racial relationships.
Lanelk
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.
 
Posts: 489
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:10 am
Country: Antarctica (aq)
Reputation: 170
Real Life Name/Nick: ??????????
Date of Birth: 01 Jan 1914
Gender: Female
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: none
Hobbies/Interests: reading
Message: Write a message here

  • 1

Re: MISS SOUTH AFRICA 2019 is ZOZIBINI TUNZI

Postby DUBROVNIK » Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:00 pm

.
Excellent analysis! For a long time the Republic of South Africa suffered the scourge of Apartheid, a shame that was condemned at international level and for that reason the Republic of South Africa suffered the world boycott (for example they could not compete in the olympic games).
Fortunately, Racism has already been abolished and all that is in the past.
To date, South Africa has two Miss Universe winners: Margaret Gardiner (1978) and Demi Leigh Nel Peters (2017);
However, I think it is time that there is a new Miss Universe but that it is a Black Beauty!

Image
DUBROVNIK
CORRESPONDENTS are OFFICIAL pageant REPORTERS & PHOTOGRAPHERS of Missosology.
CORRESPONDENTS are OFFICIAL pageant REPORTERS & PHOTOGRAPHERS of Missosology.
 
Posts: 9450
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:51 am
Country: Croatia (hr)
Reputation: 7668
Date of Birth: 23 Jan 1997
Gender: Female
Sexual Orientation: -----------
Profession: Employee - Part time librarian
Hobbies/Interests: International current events, trips, Classic songs
Message: Glad to meet everyone!

  • 1

Re: MISS SOUTH AFRICA 2019 is ZOZIBINI TUNZI

Postby bukita » Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:44 am

Miss Universe South Africa 2019 in NYC.













bukita
AMBASSADORS represent their country.
AMBASSADORS represent their country.
 
Posts: 11452
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:15 pm
Country: Thailand (th)
Reputation: 7577
Real Life Name/Nick: Bongo
Gender: Male
Profession: Customer Service
Western Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Hobbies/Interests: gym, traveling, reading
Message: Write a message here

  • 0

Re: MISS SOUTH AFRICA 2019 is ZOZIBINI TUNZI

Postby DUBROVNIK » Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:20 pm

Image
DUBROVNIK
CORRESPONDENTS are OFFICIAL pageant REPORTERS & PHOTOGRAPHERS of Missosology.
CORRESPONDENTS are OFFICIAL pageant REPORTERS & PHOTOGRAPHERS of Missosology.
 
Posts: 9450
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:51 am
Country: Croatia (hr)
Reputation: 7668
Date of Birth: 23 Jan 1997
Gender: Female
Sexual Orientation: -----------
Profession: Employee - Part time librarian
Hobbies/Interests: International current events, trips, Classic songs
Message: Glad to meet everyone!

PreviousNext

Return to Miss Universe

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: agrohimezr, agrohimpyh, Pavloswyi, Pavlosyma

beauty queens

© Missosology's International Pageant Coverages ©
Mister Supranational Miss Eco International Mister Universal Ambassador
Mister Supranational Miss Eco International Mister Universal Ambassador
Miss Intercontinental Mister International Miss Cosmopolitan World
Miss Intercontinental Mister International Miss Cosmopolitan World
Miss Grand International Face of Beauty International Miss Supermodel Worldwide
Miss Grand International Face of Beauty International Miss Supermodel Worldwide
Mister Global Miss Supranational Miss Earth
Mister Global Miss Supranational Miss Earth
Miss International Miss World Miss Universe
Miss International Miss World Miss Universe
Man of the World World Beauty Queen Manhunt International
Man of the World World Beauty Queen Manhunt International


contact us to advertise with missosology