BREAKING NEWS: No international pageant for Miss France 2019

Re: BREAKING NEWS: No international pageant for Miss France

Postby yellowyam1 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:58 am

The.Apprentice wrote:
JoelR wrote: Send Marine Lorphelin to Miss Universe! >=p >=p She's 26, don't waste her! [-O< [-O<

Dear God no! I love her but she is still studying medecine and really wants to become a doctor. She already lost a lot of time, that's why she almost snatched the Miss World crown but told the judges in interview that she doesn't want to win MW so she can focus on her career.
She probably doesn't want to end up like Iris who gave up on her studies to become an Instagram personality (I love Iris, but like, wtf is she doing hosting the Loto and Ninja Warrior on TV???)

wait a minute are you serous? I thought she was in dental school with a great modeling contract? Oh hell noooooooo

yellowyam1
AMBASSADORS represent their country.

Real Life Name/Nick: nick
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 1982
Sexual Orientation: Gay
Profession: manager
Western Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Chinese Zodiac: Dragon
Hobbies/Interests: watching beauty pageants

Postby Arduina » Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:31 pm

yellowyam1 wrote:wait a minute are you serous? I thought she was in dental school with a great modeling contract? Oh hell noooooooo

She's dropped Dental School :(
BUT she's having more than just Ninja Warrior and Loto, let's be fair.
She stared in Jean-Paul Gaultier Fashion Freak Show, she currently has the lead role in Kamel Ouali new show in Paradis Latin.
She was finalist of Danse avec les Stars.
She wrote a book and is touring France for signing sessions.
She's modeling left and right.
She's been the egerie of the Spring collection of Morgan.
She's all over the place on TF1, main French TV channel and one of the most prestigious in Europe.
Image TEAM FRANCE
Arduina
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.

Date of Birth: 03 Dec 1978
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: Quality System Manager
Western Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Hobbies/Interests: Pageantry

Postby Arduina » Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:49 pm

stylista007 wrote:Maëva will rock the Miss Universe 2019 stage if she will be sent instead! :hx :hx :hx >=p >=p >=p

Checking her Instagram and she doesn't look like someone who would like to be an "influencer", if there is such a word. She seems genuine. I wouldn't mind France to win again in a span of three years if it's as beautiful as her.

But she needs to work on her communication skills to appeal to a broader audience. That can be learned.

ALso, what's with Nord-Pas-de-Calais? They're producing stunningly beautiful girls as Miss France.

Obviously you've missed her begging during Vaimalama's crowning. "please please please I want to be an actress, pretty please I beg you send me offers!!!!"
The thing is if she's known for some time that Vai she might have had time to prepare and that would be great. She has the right body and knows how to walk on a stage. My only fear is once they give her a mic to speak.
Image TEAM FRANCE
Arduina

Postby Arduina » Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:58 pm

I REALLY hope Ophély will go to Miss World, the girl is stunning and has GREAT GENUINE advocacy : both her parents are deaf and she's working with associations to help facilitate deaf people's everyday's life. She told during her Miss France finale night speech that it is unfair to young children or teens to "step up" into an early adulthood phase when they have to do important phone calls instead of their parents for instance.

With Eva Colas for the Cara Bellezza launching evening

With the Miss France gala team

Image TEAM FRANCE
Arduina

Postby The.Apprentice » Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:57 pm

Arduina wrote:
yellowyam1 wrote:wait a minute are you serous? I thought she was in dental school with a great modeling contract? Oh hell noooooooo

She stared in Jean-Paul Gaultier Fashion Freak Show, she currently has the lead role in Kamel Ouali new show in Paradis Latin.
She's all over the place on TF1, main French TV channel and one of the most prestigious in Europe.

Don't get me wrong, I am not saying she only does that. But we all started seeing more and more negative comments about her not going through dental school and becoming another TV host.
She does great things, I sometimes don't like the way they make her come across, like a complete TF1 product with no substance. I hope she quits TV soon and focus on other projects because she comes across more genuine when she is not on TV.

Back to Vaimalama, to be honest I hope somehow Maëva goes to Miss Universe so she gets her chance to work on it properly, she knows the international beauty pageant world, I'm kinda scared she will not come across as a friendly type. IMG is looking for committed girls with a story, and Maëva just wants to be an actress...that's it. Ophely is better for MW, she has an advocacy to put forward. And Vaimalama can go (ot not if she doesn't want to) next year.

Personally when I vote for Miss France, I don't think of international pageants. If she wins MW or Miss Universe it's a bonus, but it's not the main purpose. Miss France is one of the biggest pageant with the most activities before and during the reign, so I completely understand Vaimalama for not joining because she wants to enjoy her year to the end, and therefore doesn't have time to prepare. So good for us if she takes more time and it can benefit somebody else.
Plus, the fact that she has the balls to say it directly to the people and not apologize for it is making me love her even more. It is refreshing, she's not a dumb girl, she stands for what she believes in and that to me is the most important thing to be as Miss France.
The.Apprentice
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.

Date of Birth: 13 May 1990
Sexual Orientation: -----------
Profession: Engineer

Postby tambourine » Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:14 pm

Arduina wrote:Vaimalama Chavez has just posted a video on the official Miss France twitter stating that she has chosen to stay with the Miss France 2020 promotion instead of going to Miss Universe or Miss World.

I think this is a total waste and I'm very disappointed. However, I respect her choice.

But now, would that mean this EXCEPTIONAL situation would mean Maëva will go to Miss Universe ??

The 2019 runner-ups SHOULD be appointed but now, this has never been seen before ... anything can happen.

Sick of her obese ass. Can't stand this MF.
tambourine

Real Life Name/Nick: slurpy
Date of Birth: 13 Jan 1928
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: dick sucker extraordinaire
Western Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Hobbies/Interests: Fashion

Postby yellowyam1 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:49 pm

Arduina wrote:

Sad that she dropped out of school that sucks
But glad to hear that she is getting gigs
yellowyam1

Postby stylista007 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:01 am

Arduina wrote:
stylista007 wrote:Maëva will rock the Miss Universe 2019 stage if she will be sent instead! :hx :hx :hx >=p >=p >=p

Checking her Instagram and she doesn't look like someone who would like to be an "influencer", if there is such a word. She seems genuine. I wouldn't mind France to win again in a span of three years if it's as beautiful as her.

But she needs to work on her communication skills to appeal to a broader audience. That can be learned.

ALso, what's with Nord-Pas-de-Calais? They're producing stunningly beautiful girls as Miss France.

Obviously you've missed her begging during Vaimalama's crowning. "please please please I want to be an actress, pretty please I beg you send me offers!!!!"
The thing is if she's known for some time that Vai she might have had time to prepare and that would be great. She has the right body and knows how to walk on a stage. My only fear is once they give her a mic to speak.

Yes I have missed that since I'm not watching the Miss France national pageant. But I don't mind her saying that. Though couldn't judge if it was kind of desperate plea since I haven't watch Maëve say it, I don't mind it because being an actress is an aspirational dream or career for most beauty queens. Even dear Pia was vocal of wanting to be a Bond girl.

My point is Maëve is a stunningly beautiful girl and her causes most especially in cancer awareness could get a bigger platform if she joins and eventually win Miss Universe. And there's a work to be done as for being one as English is not her first language.

HATE YOU... Bam Ratatata Tatatatata!!!!! UGLY

stylista007
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.

Date of Birth: 30 Mar 1990
Profession: costume designer
Hobbies/Interests: lights camera action

Postby Arduina » Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:57 pm

stylista007 wrote:Yes I have missed that since I'm not watching the Miss France national pageant. But I don't mind her saying that. Though couldn't judge if it was kind of desperate plea since I haven't watch Maëve say it, I don't mind it because being an actress is an aspirational dream or career for most beauty queens. Even dear Pia was vocal of wanting to be a Bond girl.

My point is Maëve is a stunningly beautiful girl and her causes most especially in cancer awareness could get a bigger platform if she joins and eventually win Miss Universe. And there's a work to be done as for being one as English is not her first language.

[/color]

The thing is, it's not that she wants to become an actress that is a problem, it's the way she announced it. During her Miss Nord Pas de Calais she was all "law studies balblabla", and when Miss France, she hasn't talked about it that much. Comes the day she relinquishes her crown BAM "please send me roles I wanna be an actress".

Anyways, If she goes, I hope she worked on her communication. So far she's done 2 tv commercials (Peugeot and Garnier, which are good brands).

I still believe she's the best to represent us for Miss U this year and I reaaaally hope Ophély will be offered the Miss World France sash.
Image TEAM FRANCE
Arduina

Postby maypuson anderson » Sat Jun 29, 2019 1:41 am

Just borrow Miss Julia Saubier from the Philippines.
With Julia Saubier, France may get its third Miss Universe crown.
maypuson anderson
Dark green members are SEMI-ACTIVE posters.

Real Life Name/Nick: maypuson
Date of Birth: 14 Feb 1985
Profession: free lance model
Western Zodiac Sign: Aries
Chinese Zodiac: Snake
Hobbies/Interests: boy hunting

Postby Arduina » Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:02 pm

Well she'd had to live in France and win a regional crown first.
Image TEAM FRANCE
Arduina

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:06 am

I've expressed this before, but it's a shame Vaimalama does not want to go anywhere. I can understand though. Miss France is not chosen to be a Miss Universe or Miss World candidate, she is chosen to be a Miss France. It is like this in the U.S. too. When our Miss USA is chosen we do not talk about how we cannot wait to see her at Miss Universe or that we want her to dominate at Miss Universe; our Miss USA is there to be a celebrity in our country. Under Trump, Miss USA was much more of a "let's see her dominate Miss Universe" kinda title, but under IMG it is more of a Miss France-like title and we do not crown girls anymore with the sole goal of winning Miss Universe. We crown girls who will be good public figures in our country, even though she is still contracted to compete at Miss Universe; you can clearly tell since IMG took over that our Miss USA winners are typically very different from the kind of girls who have won Miss Universe.

But anyways, I think Maëva is the clear pick for Miss Universe and Ophély is the clear pick for Miss World. I feel as if this could open up a discussion of how France sends representatives to international pageants though. Since it appears Vaimalama may be going to a pageant next year, then the Miss France 2020 winner should go to whichever pageant Vaimalama does not choose. This would continue in subsequent years, with the 2020 winner going to the other pageant in 2021, and the 2021 winner going to the other. I have never liked the idea of sending runners-up (if they deserved to compete internationally they should have won), and with this way every titleholder will be able to experience both competitions.
Queen of the Clouds

Date of Birth: 18 Mar 1996
Profession: Lawyer
Western Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Hobbies/Interests: Fashion, music, film, politics, and parties

Postby hahahahuhu » Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:11 am

If Miss France is just focused on being Miss France, then why get the franchise for Miss Universe and MW. Why not give it to other organization who will definitely send the winner to Miss Universe or MW. Just asking coz I don't know.

But right now, it seems like Miss France is too proud, as if Miss Universe and MW doesn't really matter. If the Miss France is THE all important matter, then remove any association with Miss Universe or MW. Otherwise it feels wrong that the participation of Miss France to Miss Universe or MW depends on the whim of the winner.

Anyway it might be a good decision of this year's Miss France not to join any coz I totally don't see her placing in Miss Universe or MW.
hahahahuhu

Real Life Name/Nick: Great
Date of Birth: 21 Feb 1999
Profession: Speaker
Hobbies/Interests: internet surfing, pageant watching

Postby yellowyam1 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:38 am

hahahahuhu wrote:If Miss France is just focused on being Miss France, then why get the franchise for Miss Universe and MW. Why not give it to other organization who will definitely send the winner to Miss Universe or MW. Just asking coz I don't know.

But right now, it seems like Miss France is too proud, as if Miss Universe and MW doesn't really matter. If the Miss France is THE all important matter, then remove any association with Miss Universe or MW. Otherwise it feels wrong that the participation of Miss France to Miss Universe or MW depends on the whim of the winner.

Anyway it might be a good decision of this year's Miss France not to join any coz I totally don't see her placing in Miss Universe or MW.

I agree with this
yellowyam1

Postby ManMeat » Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:57 am

Send this girl instead.
3rd runner-up of Miss France 2019 from Reunion
ManMeat
SUPER STARS are POPULAR or CHARISMATIC posters.

Date of Birth: 27 Mar 1989
Profession: I'm better than you
Hobbies/Interests: I'm gonna mention your dirty ass double standards

Postby ajsy0203 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:07 am

This will be another reason why the current Miss France will not able to attend Miss World 2019 since the pageant moved to London and 1 week after the supposed finals date?
ajsy0203
PAGEANT HISTORIANS are walking encyclopedias of pageantry.
PAGEANT HISTORIANS are walking encyclopedias of pageantry.

Real Life Name/Nick: AJ
Date of Birth: 05 Sep 1986
Profession: Office Staff
Chinese Zodiac: Tiger
Hobbies/Interests: Teaching

Postby ManMeat » Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:27 am

tambourine wrote:Sick of her obese ass. Can't stand this MF.

Obese? :#)] I can say her body is just normal, not obese.
Last edited by ManMeat on Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
ManMeat

Date of Birth: 27 Mar 1989
Profession: I'm better than you
Hobbies/Interests: I'm gonna mention your dirty ass double standards

Postby Arduina » Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:12 pm

Queen of the Clouds wrote:I've expressed this before, but it's a shame Vaimalama does not want to go anywhere. I can understand though. Miss France is not chosen to be a Miss Universe or Miss World candidate, she is chosen to be a Miss France. It is like this in the U.S. too. When our Miss USA is chosen we do not talk about how we cannot wait to see her at Miss Universe or that we want her to dominate at Miss Universe; our Miss USA is there to be a celebrity in our country. Under Trump, Miss USA was much more of a "let's see her dominate Miss Universe" kinda title, but under IMG it is more of a Miss France-like title and we do not crown girls anymore with the sole goal of winning Miss Universe. We crown girls who will be good public figures in our country, even though she is still contracted to compete at Miss Universe; you can clearly tell since IMG took over that our Miss USA winners are typically very different from the kind of girls who have won Miss Universe.

But anyways, I think Maëva is the clear pick for Miss Universe and Ophély is the clear pick for Miss World. I feel as if this could open up a discussion of how France sends representatives to international pageants though. Since it appears Vaimalama may be going to a pageant next year, then the Miss France 2020 winner should go to whichever pageant Vaimalama does not choose. This would continue in subsequent years, with the 2020 winner going to the other pageant in 2021, and the 2021 winner going to the other. I have never liked the idea of sending runners-up (if they deserved to compete internationally they should have won), and with this way every titleholder will be able to experience both competitions.

I know it's a shame, I do not agree with her announcement. To me it's like being lazy and letting down the people who voted for her.
Her answer? "I am not yours, you do not owe me." X(

I think the same as you do, Maëva for Universe, Ophély for World!

BUT NO FREAKING WAY Vaimalama gets to choose in 2020, her time is now, should she want it, she should fight this year, her year. Miss France 2020 and her 1 st runner up should get absolute priority next year.

hahahahuhu wrote:If Miss France is just focused on being Miss France, then why get the franchise for Miss Universe and MW. Why not give it to other organization who will definitely send the winner to Miss Universe or MW. Just asking coz I don't know.

Please don't mix Miss France (the reigning queen) and the Miss France Org. I'm pretty sure Sylvie is pissed off and kinda relieved in the same time. Vaimalama put some weight on and she's kinda incontrolable. She has wit but now she's borderline disrespectful (still shocked by her "be quiet!!! I'm talking!"). And we all know what happens to direspectful national queens.
Choosing which pageant to go to is the reigning Miss France prerogative. She chose to kinda :finger: :finger: them both. Most French fans are mad at her, she had to post another video and explain it all. I am still sure there is another reason we won't know.
Image TEAM FRANCE
Arduina

Postby Arduina » Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:15 pm

ManMeat wrote:

She's not obese but has definitely put on some weight. Here are her most recent pics :

Image TEAM FRANCE
Arduina

Postby Thomas876 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:36 pm

I was sure people were going to mention Marine Lorphelin. Every year and since 2013, since we never know before months who will represent us, there are people who propose Marine. :%))

Anyways, if we want to place again, Maëva is the best choice. She really brings something new and I think she can have the motivation to take us far away, it's just her body that I do not like (she's skinny). However, I understand Arduina who says that she is opportunistic if she accepts Miss Universe since she preferred to do Miss World last year but I think that such a proposal can't be declined and, in addition, it could help her for her actress wishes. Personally, I always thought she was more made for Miss Universe than for Miss World. Some people began to discourage her going to Miss Universe after her refusal last year and she answered but she is quite mysterious. Does anyone know Maëva well and know if, at present, she is interested?

I would love to see the third runner-up (Miss Réunion) at Miss World (or Miss Universe otherwise). I think she can participate in one of the two pageants because to my knowledge neither Ophély nor Lauralyne have expressed the desire to participate and we still do not know if Maëva will be at Miss Universe. On the other hand, the regional delegate of Miss Réunion (Aziz Patel) clearly expressed his wish to see Morgane (Miss Réunion) internationally.
TOP 5 for Miss Universe 2024 :

1. France 2. Mongolia 3. Kazakhstan
4. Venezuela 5. Kyrgyzstan

TEAM FRANCE 2023
Thomas876

Real Life Name/Nick: Thomas.
Date of Birth: 26 Aug 1995
Profession: Something.
Chinese Zodiac: Pig
Hobbies/Interests: Lots of things.

Postby Jon A » Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:43 am

I think it is just this girl. Most of the Miss France winners have been very responsible about this additional duty - have taken their participation seriously (including the RUs when they have gone to MW or Miss Universe) and done France a lot of credit - today, France is without question one of the pageant powers, a huge change from just a decade ago when it was a complete dud. I give a lot of credit to Sylvie Tellier for enforcing this focus and discipline and I DO believe that even though the role of a Miss France is itself a huge honor and responsibility, for Miss France Organization - both MW and Miss Universe are huge priorities.

If that changes, I am sure that MWO and MUO will not hesitate to take away the franchise - this is exactly what happened to Miss Germany and Miss Italy.
Jon A
PAGEANT EXPERTS are MASTERS & PROFESSIONAL ANALYSTS of pageantry.

Date of Birth: 19 Jan 1973
Profession: consultant
Western Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Hobbies/Interests: Reading, Travelling, Pageants

Postby MariaAndreina » Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:23 am

Arduina wrote:
ManMeat wrote:

She's not obese but has definitely put on some weight. Here are her most recent pics :

Looks like a clapper here. @-)
Might be for the best that she won't be competing internationally.
MariaAndreina

Real Life Name/Nick: Maria
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 2008
Profession: Student

Postby Thomas876 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:51 am

Vaimalama in two-piece swimsuit (recent photo):

TOP 5 for Miss Universe 2024 :

1. France 2. Mongolia 3. Kazakhstan
4. Venezuela 5. Kyrgyzstan

TEAM FRANCE 2023
Thomas876

Real Life Name/Nick: Thomas.
Date of Birth: 26 Aug 1995
Profession: Something.
Chinese Zodiac: Pig
Hobbies/Interests: Lots of things.

Postby Zuleyka Rivera Mendoza » Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:40 pm

I really love Vaimalama but we have to respect her decision.
Now I believe that they should send Ophély to Miss World because of her amazing project and Lauralyne to Miss Universe.
I'm anxious to know who will represent France internationally.
Zuleyka Rivera Mendoza

Date of Birth: 03 Oct 1987
Profession: Z.R
Hobbies/Interests: Modeling and Actress

Postby Arduina » Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:52 pm

Thomas876 wrote:
I was sure people were going to mention Marine Lorphelin. Every year and since 2013, since we never know before months who will represent us, there are people who propose Marine. :%))

Anyways, if we want to place again, Maëva is the best choice. She really brings something new and I think she can have the motivation to take us far away, it's just her body that I do not like (she's skinny). However, I understand Arduina who says that she is opportunistic if she accepts Miss Universe since she preferred to do Miss World last year but I think that such a proposal can't be declined and, in addition, it could help her for her actress wishes. Personally, I always thought she was more made for Miss Universe than for Miss World. Some people began to discourage her going to Miss Universe after her refusal last year and she answered but she is quite mysterious. Does anyone know Maëva well and know if, at present, she is interested?

I would love to see the third runner-up (Miss Réunion) at Miss World (or Miss Universe otherwise). I think she can participate in one of the two pageants because to my knowledge neither Ophély nor Lauralyne have expressed the desire to participate and we still do not know if Maëva will be at Miss Universe. On the other hand, the regional delegate of Miss Réunion (Aziz Patel) clearly expressed his wish to see Morgane (Miss Réunion) internationally.

I still think Maëva is the best option even though I'm not a fan. Gotta give the girl credit where it's due. I just hope she worked on her communication.
Ophély should go to Miss World, her or Morganne.
I believe Lauralyne should not be allowed since she refused the Miss France Gala team arguing she's back at her studies.
Image TEAM FRANCE
Arduina

Postby ConstipatedUniverseFace » Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:08 pm

Any updates?
ConstipatedUniverseFace

Real Life Name/Nick: Olivia
Date of Birth: 08 May 1992
Profession: Beauty queen
Hobbies/Interests: Modeling
Message: Argh! My po*p won't come out. It's my chest that's popping out instead. Argh!

Postby chorr » Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:52 pm

I love Maeva to bits, Arduina can vouch this for me but I Guadeloupe 2018 > her.

Never a fan of Vai. I must say though that Quiet, I am talking antic is a laugh and feisty, kinda reminiscent of this.

[youtube]1p7zmb1saqs[/youtube]

Hopefully her version wont be much of a cringe like this one because OMG.

Truth bombs, truth bombs everywhere!
chorr

Date of Birth: 21 Dec 2008
Profession: none
Hobbies/Interests: tambays

Postby Llyod Carnegie » Tue Aug 06, 2019 3:23 am

Sending the gorgeous Marie Payet in Miss Universe 2012 was a great decision.
=D>
Llyod Carnegie

Real Life Name/Nick: Llyod Carnegie
Date of Birth: 01 Jan 1986
Sexual Orientation: Not sure
Profession: Meteorologist, RN
Western Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Chinese Zodiac: Ox
Hobbies/Interests: Fashion, Sex, Movies

Postby trsppt » Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:34 am

Can’t believe Vai would do this!
trsppt

Real Life Name/Nick: Tresemme
Date of Birth: 31 Jan 1990
Sexual Orientation: Not sure
Profession: Consultant
Western Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Hobbies/Interests: Watching beauty pageants

Postby Bad Curtains Galore » Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:10 pm

trsppt wrote:Can’t believe Vai would do this!

I think that was kind of selfish of her to leave her country hanging like this.
Bad Curtains Galore

Real Life Name/Nick: Zuly
Date of Birth: 03 Feb 1993
Profession: Grad student
Hobbies/Interests: Stealing curtains

PreviousNext

Return to Miss Universe