MISS INDIA'S STORY! FROM FAT TO FIT!!

MISS INDIA'S STORY! FROM FAT TO FIT!!

Postby muzical » Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:23 pm

A big applaud to Nehal for such hardwork and dedication. It was hard to recognize her few years back. We Indians are so proud of her.

Thanks for making such an amazing video. She's a true motivational queen!!

muzical
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.

Date of Birth: 12 Aug 1990
Sexual Orientation: -----------
Profession: student
Western Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Hobbies/Interests: music,movies,books..

Re: MISS INDIA'S STORY! FROM FAT TO FIT!!

Postby pineal » Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:32 pm

So proud of her, she has such a beautiful spirit, and love this video edit
:hx :hx

She also posted this on her insta

pineal

Real Life Name/Nick: web
Date of Birth: 10 Mar 1994
Sexual Orientation: Gay
Profession: Designer
Chinese Zodiac: Dog
Hobbies/Interests: Fashion Writing Music Design Astrophysics Nanotech

Postby bdee » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:36 pm

Love her! She indeed has a beautiful spirit.

I am so glad she's taking the time to actually do some work on her platform. I think this is what Miss Universe wants with their winners now - someone who doesn't just talk the talk. Can't wait to see her compete in Miss Universe.
bdee

Date of Birth: 19 Dec 1988
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: Researcher
Hobbies/Interests: fashion design
Message: I've never seen a smiling face that was not beautiful.

Postby the critic » Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:07 pm

SHE IS SO SWEET AND GENUINE. THERE ARE SO MANY STRONG GIRLS FROM AFRICA & ASIA PACIFIC.
the critic
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.

Date of Birth: 26 Jul 1985
Sexual Orientation: -----------
Profession: Journalist
Hobbies/Interests: Beauty, fashion photography

Postby bcdf1930 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:46 am

I LOVE HER STYLING IN BOTH SWIMSUIT AND EG ROUNDS...HAVE HIGH HOPES FOR HER THIS Miss Universe SEASON :=p :=p :=p
bcdf1930
PIONEERS are the most experienced members of Missosology.

Real Life Name/Nick: Anonymous:)
Date of Birth: 20 Nov 1984
Profession: IT professional
Western Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Hobbies/Interests: Reading books, browsing Internet

Postby koolicon » Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:15 am

I know she may not have the prettiest face, or be very tall, have distracting cheekbones, BUT she has an amazing Aura and is very hardworking! She was my pick from early on and whatever happens in December she will be an amazing representative for India, the inspirational kind who should represent us!
koolicon
Dark green members are SEMI-ACTIVE posters.

Date of Birth: 26 Jan 1985
Profession: Public Relations
Western Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Hobbies/Interests: Music, Travel, Cooking

Postby koolicon » Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:25 am

pineal wrote:So proud of her, she has such a beautiful spirit, and love this video edit
:hx :hx

She also posted this on her insta

Goosebumps! This is the kind of humility and self-confidence is what Miss Universe of today stands for!
koolicon

Postby arifdrsajjad » Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:57 pm

Ha ha ha... nice sob story but I dnt think it will work at Miss Universe. Being uncomfortable and ashamed of ones own skin n physique is not confidence. Come Miss Universe season and we gonna be clap harder than ever.
#peace
arifdrsajjad

Real Life Name/Nick: sajjad arif
Date of Birth: 20 Sep 1986
Profession: doctor
Western Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Chinese Zodiac: Tiger
Hobbies/Interests: photography

Postby pineal » Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:32 pm

arifdrsajjad wrote:Ha ha ha... nice sob story but I dnt think it will work at Miss Universe. Being uncomfortable and ashamed of ones own skin n physique is not confidence. Come Miss Universe season and we gonna be clap harder than ever.

It might or might not be of use at Miss Universe, but i think you definitely missed the point of her story by a mile or two
pineal

Postby ricpinc88 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:54 pm

I wholeheartedly appreciate Nehal's focus and determination by achieving a tremendous transformation within a short period of time. It's a great effort ofcourse.

However, MUO has recently been obsessed with body positive ideology, which is also appreciable on their part. So this fat to fit story might, once again, might backfire, again this time we have so many said issues.

1. Our enemies deliberately trying to project us as anti M.U. and pro miss world. Even an irrelevant news gets more than 1K views in India but only one person asked on Miss Universe's FB on their delay in posting Demi's visit to India. Extreme lack of support for miss India's by fans at Miss Universe. :|

2. The official FB of Miss Universe posted the winner pics of all national event Demi attended except India. Is it in anyways connected to the customs issue? If yes, then bye bye placement.

3. I think India is going through the leanest phase in Miss Universe.
Like a drying river it's loosing it's grip,slowly and gradually. It all happened by dancing to the tunes of MWO and their peremptory demands. Now we are like beggars at MW's mercy.
The only saving grace was the upgradation of Miss Diva to a decent show from being a school stage ceremony.
To conclude, I should find some other hobbies as I don't find any hope or scope in continuing as a pageant fan. :|
ricpinc88

Real Life Name/Nick: Pinchu
Date of Birth: 01 Jun 1988
Profession: Student
Western Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Hobbies/Interests: READING, GARDENING

Postby pineal » Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:22 am

ricpinc88 wrote:I wholeheartedly appreciate Nehal's focus and determination by achieving a tremendous transformation within a short period of time. It's a great effort ofcourse.

However, MUO has recently been obsessed with body positive ideology, which is also appreciable on their part. So this fat to fit story might, once again, might backfire, again this time we have so many said issues.

1. Our enemies deliberately trying to project us as anti M.U. and pro miss world. Even an irrelevant news gets more than 1K views in India but only one person asked on Miss Universe's FB on their delay in posting Demi's visit to India. Extreme lack of support for miss India's by fans at Miss Universe. :|

2. The official FB of Miss Universe posted the winner pics of all national event Demi attended except India. Is it in anyways connected to the customs issue? If yes, then bye bye placement.

3. I think India is going through the leanest phase in Miss Universe.
Like a drying river it's loosing it's grip,slowly and gradually. It all happened by dancing to the tunes of MWO and their peremptory demands. Now we are like beggars at MW's mercy.
The only saving grace was the upgradation of Miss Diva to a decent show from being a school stage ceremony.
To conclude, I should find some other hobbies as I don't find any hope or scope in continuing as a pageant fan. :|

Dude, don't believe what some trolls say online. Haiti or Jamaica did not place in TOP 3 due to fanfare and trolling. Do you seriously believe that India is doing bad at Miss Universe because we don't have enough fan engagement. Shraddha or Roshmitha wouldn't have placed no matter what. Urvashi had a lot of fans, many international fans and she didn't place. Nepal and Malaysia were all over social media last year, but Sri Lanka and China placed. China, a country where facebook is banned. Miss Universe does favour some countries with huge fan followings, because it brings them advertisement revenue, but that's not all there is.

Times Group has created a separate pageant for Miss Universe and have a previous Miss Universe winner as their mentor, if that's not showing intention, then what is. Miss Diva is one of the few national pageants which invites current winner every year and now it's part of Miss Universe calendar. If moulding a pageant on the lines of MW competition which selects a girl for Miss World is dancing to the tunes of MWO, then probably every national pageant should dance as well, otherwise what's the purpose.

India is one of the few countries which has different formats for selecting MW and Miss Universe candidates. Miss Universe format has been slow to develop because we live in India, where even actresses are shamed for taking pride in their bikini pictures, how do you expect girls to grow up with huge body confidence and magically slay the runway like they expect these days on Miss Universe stage. We did well in 90s because it was the supermodel era in Indian fashion industry, it's not here anymore. Miss India's reputation and fan following is not what it was back than because it took some wrong turns, girls who already have money and influence don't dream of the Miss India crown, precisely why you'll never see a starkid in Miss India, unlike Philippines where famous parents wish their daughters to do so.

We are a huge country and every shift takes time because social change in such a large society is slow. Hopefully inspired from Nehal's confidence more girls will focus on building a healthy body image. Contrary to what you believe, i think India is getting it's groove back, reputation of both contests is at the best it has been in the last decade.
Last edited by pineal on Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
pineal

Postby koolicon » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:22 am

I agree, if anything India has done so badly in the last 3 years, there is no way but to go up. And Miss Diva has itself to blame, they selected horrendous girls considering what's required at Miss Universe. Also they got not so great girls cos they are a new pageant and sadly they are competing with Miss India, girl have grown up to be Miss India and not Miss Diva.

I really don't think Miss Universe has discriminated against India. they would rather want a market of 1.2 billion to be interested in them. The ball is in our court, we need to send the right girls.
koolicon

Postby aldoteng » Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:11 am

pineal wrote:
arifdrsajjad wrote:Ha ha ha... nice sob story but I dnt think it will work at Miss Universe. Being uncomfortable and ashamed of ones own skin n physique is not confidence. Come Miss Universe season and we gonna be clap harder than ever.

It might or might not be of use at Miss Universe, but i think you definitely missed the point of her story by a mile or two

I am somewhat with arifdrsajjad on this.

Someone proud of a fat to fit transformation strongly implies that she finds being fat undesirable and being fit desirable. I'm not going into the debate of whether fat should be considered desirable or otherwise. This is about what this person feels about herself.

A message of "your body size doesn't matter, be proud of who you are" would show the lady confident in a bikini regardless of her size, fat or thin, not only when she is lean and fit.
aldoteng
INTERMEDIATES are EVOLVING posters.
INTERMEDIATES are EVOLVING posters.

Real Life Name/Nick: aldoteng
Date of Birth: 20 Jan 2008
Profession: Trading
Hobbies/Interests: Singing in the shower

Postby Mildred Styles » Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:28 am

Y'all have like the worst take on IMG's branding. Body positivity means being able to be comfortable of your own skin whether or not you were born with it or you worked hard to achieve it. Nehal went through a positive journey of self-love and acceptance and that is actually a great message for young girls and a sign of body positivity. She'll be fine, it looks like she will bring India back to the top 16.

ISILDA MOREIRA FOR MISSO'S NEXT TOP MODEL

Mildred Styles

Real Life Name/Nick: Maria Matilda
Date of Birth: 21 Sep 1990
Profession: None
Western Zodiac Sign: Libra
Chinese Zodiac: Ox
Hobbies/Interests: Pageants

Postby pineal » Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:49 am

aldoteng wrote:
pineal wrote:

I am somewhat with arifdrsajjad on this.

Someone proud of a fat to fit transformation strongly implies that she finds being fat undesirable and being fit desirable. I'm not going into the debate of whether fat should be considered desirable or otherwise. This is about what this person feels about herself.

A message of "your body size doesn't matter, be proud of who you are" would show the lady confident in a bikini regardless of her size, fat or thin, not only when she is lean and fit.

Nehal's transformation is not about feeling bad in the larger size and and good at the size she is now, It's about having determination to work on one's own health.
she explains it here -
pineal

Return to Miss Universe