Miss Colombia Universe 2018 IS VALERIA MORALES

Who is your pick to represent Colombia at Miss Universe 2018?

Poll ended at Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:22 pm

Antioquia - Isabella Atehortúa
1%
Atlántico - Miriam Carranza
2%
Bogotá - Camila García
0%
Bolívar - Natalia Narváez
0%
Cartagena - Natalia Blanco
5%
Cauca - María Camila Concha
1%
Cesar - Jennifer Salazar
2%
Chocó - Alma Díaz
5%
Cundinamarca - Sugey Torres
8%
Guajira - Claudia Montenegro
1%
Huila - María de los Ángeles Sarmiento
3%
Magdalena - Samara Saghair
6%
Nariño - Mayeli Valencia
3%
Norte de Santander - Sandra Palacios
5%
Quindío - María Andrea Arango
25%
San Andrés - Nirvany Bowie
1%
Santander - Evelyn Chávez
3%
Valle - Valeria Morales
30%

Total votes : 354

Re: Miss Colombia Universe 2018 | 14 Confirmed Contestants

Postby Juan Sebastian » Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:52 pm

Atlántico y Cartagena

[youtube]Dq_uy1qcO-k[/youtube][youtube]5hXShNmEc44[/youtube][youtube]tQbbdvmyjS8[/youtube]
Juan Sebastian
PAGEANT EXPERTS are MASTERS & PROFESSIONAL ANALYSTS of pageantry.

Real Life Name/Nick: Juan Sebastian
Date of Birth: 06 Apr 1990
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: Pharmacist
Western Zodiac Sign: Aries
Chinese Zodiac: Horse
Hobbies/Interests: music, gambling & miss universe
Message: Like give it up at this point. It's me, I win, you lose hahahahaha

Postby Juan Sebastian » Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:58 pm

Now THAT is a Miss Universe face :hx

Also I just found out Bogotá is definitely sending a representative to this pageant from the Señorita Bogotá contest most likely where they'll send one girl to the contest in November and another to this contest in December
[youtube]Dq_uy1qcO-k[/youtube][youtube]5hXShNmEc44[/youtube][youtube]tQbbdvmyjS8[/youtube]
Juan Sebastian

Postby Juan Sebastian » Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:04 pm

Here are some of the candidates for Señorita Bogotá, I don't know when the crowning is.

Zara Triana Skaugvoll

Camila Garcia

Laura Vargas

Valentina Hernández

Juan Sebastian

Postby Juan Sebastian » Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:29 am

Valentina is absolutely my favorite to represent Bogotá in this pageant, the reps for this pageant and Srta. Colombia in November will be announced this week and she could actually save this batch so I'm rooting for her by far!

Juan Sebastian

Postby Lc1990 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:37 am

Thought I would dip a toe in this thread since Raimundo has only called this edition "Rumbo a Miss Universo".

Based on the current batch (including the new Antioquia), only Quindío because she has a nice face and, if I read right, already has a Master's Degree. She could be like Olivia Culpo. However, given the shenanigans that Raimundo has been up to since he took over, I would not be surprised if Quindío (the current front-runner) and Santander (she is really underhyped but she has a lot of potential already) get overlooked. Absolute no to Atlántico. We just saw Keysi Sayago, it's too soon for look-alikes.
However, if Bogotá comes to play with Valentina, then we have a competition.

Lc1990
PREDICTIONISTS are known to give sharp & accurate pageant forecasts.
PREDICTIONISTS are known to give sharp & accurate pageant forecasts.

Date of Birth: 01 Feb 1990
Western Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Chinese Zodiac: Snake
Hobbies/Interests: swimming

Postby alex sivixay » Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:52 am

Cartegena is the best right now and she should win at least she can give girls a good fight
Atlantico has a chance I can see some aura in her
Norte De Santander is the black barbie of this edition
Valle is not living up to the hype yet but she's not bad at all
Quindio has the Miss International beauty stereotype very sweet
alex sivixay
AMBASSADORS represent their country.

Real Life Name/Nick: alex sivixay
Date of Birth: 16 Jul 1997
Sexual Orientation: Gay
Profession: students
Western Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Chinese Zodiac: Ox
Hobbies/Interests: chatting

Postby Iamvietnamese » Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:26 am

Juan Sebastian wrote:
Atlántico y Cartagena

Atlantico looks great in this motion.
I don't like her at first. But I have feeling like the way I saw Laura Gonzalez in Srt. Colombia last year.
Iamvietnamese
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.

Date of Birth: 11 Apr 1990
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: Student
Chinese Zodiac: Rat
Hobbies/Interests: Playing Rollercoaster

Postby Juan Sebastian » Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:43 pm

Lc1990 wrote:Thought I would dip a toe in this thread since Raimundo has only called this edition "Rumbo a Miss Universo".

Based on the current batch (including the new Antioquia), only Quindío because she has a nice face and, if I read right, already has a Master's Degree. She could be like Olivia Culpo. However, given the shenanigans that Raimundo has been up to since he took over, I would not be surprised if Quindío (the current front-runner) and Santander (she is really underhyped but she has a lot of potential already) get overlooked. Absolute no to Atlántico. We just saw Keysi Sayago, it's too soon for look-alikes.
However, if Bogotá comes to play with Valentina, then we have a competition.

I agree completely on pretty much everything you said, Quindío and Santander are my Top 2 for now, Santander demolishes all those so called frontrunners like Valle in actual candids not heavily photoshopped photos. I find both of them stronger than Valle! I have a bad feeling that Atlántico may come and ruin the day and win, she's a heavy favorite on social media already and if it's true that Raimundo already wants to crown her, then it's not going to be looking good. I don't see her doing pretty much anything at Miss Universe to be honest, I think Quindío or Santander could give Costa Rica and Ecuador a good fight at Miss Universe! I do hope the competition heats up by Bogotá sending Valentina, it'd be nice to know that we have options and I think she'd be a serious threat to the crown. I want Bogotá to send her to this edition and Zara Triana (the other favorite) in November because she's extremely raw and that batch is already competitive enough.

alex sivixay wrote:Cartegena is the best right now and she should win at least she can give girls a good fight
Atlantico has a chance I can see some aura in her
Norte De Santander is the black barbie of this edition
Valle is not living up to the hype yet but she's not bad at all
Quindio has the Miss International beauty stereotype very sweet

DISAGREE HEAVILY on Cartagena, she's nice and pretty and I like her but not for Miss Universe, I wonder if they're going to pick a girl for Miss Supranational from this group because if that's the case she may be a good choice. Atlántico (yes she's Afro-Latino just like Keysi Sayago was even though they both have relatively lighter skin) will be sent if we're sending a black barbie, definitely not Norte de Santander and definitely not Chocó after she eliminated herself with that haircut. I agree Valle isn't bad but she's a bad speaker and fades in candids, she's more of a model, Quindío's beauty would translate so well in both Miss Universe and Miss International, the days are over of plastic queens doing well at Miss Universe because IMG loves fresh faces!
Juan Sebastian

Postby missofan705 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:06 pm

Juan Sebastian wrote:
missofan705 wrote:
Juan Sebastian wrote:
Hanate wrote:Oh dear this batch is so dire. Poor Colombia. Still Valle and Choco only. Atlantico and San Andres is okay but still meh. Colombia can and should do better, fingers crossed there is a goddess from other states.

I know this is just not good like still I don't think Valle or Chocó could stand a chance next to other Latinas like Costa Rica, Ecuador even Mexico and Panama etc.... but I'm not surprised because all these girls are appointed, none of them won a regional pageant and a lot of them are actually runner ups to the girls competing in November to my knowledge. We have a much much better batch there so I'm expecting us to be much more competitive at Miss Universe 2019 than this year.

I need your honest answer. Is Colombia preparing to clap this year in Miss Universe due to the quality of the girls competing in this special pageant for Miss Colombia?
To be honest, CNB should’ve appointed someone from last year’s batch instead of organizing this special pageant. They have more potential to have a 5-peat for Colombia than those girls competing this time.

If Colombia will not clap in Miss Universe this year, the highest possible placement we might see is up to Top 10 or 15 only (like Natalia Navarro / Catalina Robayo.

To answer your question, Raimundo Angulo, our ND has zero interest in results at Miss Universe, he's looking for someone that people can look at and see as Señorita Colombia which is probably why he disqualified Marly and Camila Avella. We're not like Venezuela where we solely elect girls on how their potential and how they would do internationally!

My opinion is that Paulina Vega happened to be both a girl who would be an amazing Srta. Colombia but also be very competitive at Miss Universe, I was worried about Paulina actually because Lucia Aldana who had so much potential had no preparation for Miss Universe and ended up clapping even though she was well liked! But Paulina wanted to be Miss Universe, worked hard and trained well and guess what, she won and is in my opinion, the best representative we've ever sent to any major international pageant! I believe she inspired girls like Ariadna, Andrea and Laura to take Miss Universe seriously and that's why we have our streak!

Raimundo probably doesn't give a rats ass about who goes to Miss Universe but most Colombians do and if we pressure him and the judges to choose the right girl, I think we'll place again! Like I said I think girls like Quindío have potential to be in the Top 10 at Miss Universe so no we aren't preparing to clap, however, I completely agree that we should've appointed someone like Vanessa Pulgarin to represent us at Miss Universe this year because it would've been much smarter since she'd already be prepared and experienced.

Oh, I can still remember how I really liked Lucia Aldana and even considered her as a Miss Universe winner way back then. If she had won Miss Universe, Paulina couldn't have won the year later. BUT, Lucia was so raw and her lack of preparation was quite evident when she competed in Moscow. :| Thanks to Paulina for uplifting the Colombians' desire to do much better in Miss Universe compared to previous decades. If that's the case that the Colombians are putting much pressure to CNB to choose someone who can do well in Miss Universe, then it's time for Mr. Raimundo to think.

Does Quindio speak good English? Last year, I believe Laura's strongest asset on why she placed so high is that she speaks good English and since she's an actress, it boosted her confidence even better (even if honestly I thought she was going to clap because I found her preliminary performance the weakest among Pau, Ary and Andrea)
PHILIPPINES! UNIVERSAL QUEENS!

MISS UNIVERSE 2015 - Pia Wurtzbach

MISS UNIVERSE 2018 - Catriona Gray
missofan705
NEWBIES are NEW members.
NEWBIES are NEW members.

Real Life Name/Nick: Catriona Vanessa Ponce Gray
Date of Birth: 05 Jul 1985
Profession: Electronics Engineer
Western Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Chinese Zodiac: Ox
Hobbies/Interests: Pageantry, Science and Writing

Postby Juan Sebastian » Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:17 am

missofan705 wrote:
Juan Sebastian wrote:
missofan705 wrote:
Juan Sebastian wrote:
Hanate wrote:Oh dear this batch is so dire. Poor Colombia. Still Valle and Choco only. Atlantico and San Andres is okay but still meh. Colombia can and should do better, fingers crossed there is a goddess from other states.

I know this is just not good like still I don't think Valle or Chocó could stand a chance next to other Latinas like Costa Rica, Ecuador even Mexico and Panama etc.... but I'm not surprised because all these girls are appointed, none of them won a regional pageant and a lot of them are actually runner ups to the girls competing in November to my knowledge. We have a much much better batch there so I'm expecting us to be much more competitive at Miss Universe 2019 than this year.

I need your honest answer. Is Colombia preparing to clap this year in Miss Universe due to the quality of the girls competing in this special pageant for Miss Colombia?
To be honest, CNB should’ve appointed someone from last year’s batch instead of organizing this special pageant. They have more potential to have a 5-peat for Colombia than those girls competing this time.

If Colombia will not clap in Miss Universe this year, the highest possible placement we might see is up to Top 10 or 15 only (like Natalia Navarro / Catalina Robayo.

To answer your question, Raimundo Angulo, our ND has zero interest in results at Miss Universe, he's looking for someone that people can look at and see as Señorita Colombia which is probably why he disqualified Marly and Camila Avella. We're not like Venezuela where we solely elect girls on how their potential and how they would do internationally!

My opinion is that Paulina Vega happened to be both a girl who would be an amazing Srta. Colombia but also be very competitive at Miss Universe, I was worried about Paulina actually because Lucia Aldana who had so much potential had no preparation for Miss Universe and ended up clapping even though she was well liked! But Paulina wanted to be Miss Universe, worked hard and trained well and guess what, she won and is in my opinion, the best representative we've ever sent to any major international pageant! I believe she inspired girls like Ariadna, Andrea and Laura to take Miss Universe seriously and that's why we have our streak!

Raimundo probably doesn't give a rats ass about who goes to Miss Universe but most Colombians do and if we pressure him and the judges to choose the right girl, I think we'll place again! Like I said I think girls like Quindío have potential to be in the Top 10 at Miss Universe so no we aren't preparing to clap, however, I completely agree that we should've appointed someone like Vanessa Pulgarin to represent us at Miss Universe this year because it would've been much smarter since she'd already be prepared and experienced.

Oh, I can still remember how I really liked Lucia Aldana and even considered her as a Miss Universe winner way back then. If she had won Miss Universe, Paulina couldn't have won the year later. BUT, Lucia was so raw and her lack of preparation was quite evident when she competed in Moscow. :| Thanks to Paulina for uplifting the Colombians' desire to do much better in Miss Universe compared to previous decades. If that's the case that the Colombians are putting much pressure to CNB to choose someone who can do well in Miss Universe, then it's time for Mr. Raimundo to think.

Does Quindio speak good English? Last year, I believe Laura's strongest asset on why she placed so high is that she speaks good English and since she's an actress, it boosted her confidence even better (even if honestly I thought she was going to clap because I found her preliminary performance the weakest among Pau, Ary and Andrea)

Quindio does speak English I don't know how well but she's travelled the world I know as a model so Im guessing she's pretty good at it!
Juan Sebastian

Postby Juan Sebastian » Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:22 am

With like a lot of preparation, Huila would be so competitive, but she's clearly not getting that!

Quindio is the major standout here :hx :hx :hx San Andrés also looks lovely wow :-O
Juan Sebastian

Postby Juan Sebastian » Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:26 am

Cesar

Juan Sebastian

Postby Juan Sebastian » Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:13 pm

Guajira

a lot of these girls barely post on their instagram accounts which is BAD, they need to get better at that if they want to do well at Miss Universe!
Juan Sebastian

Postby BOP » Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:20 pm

Following. :">

BOP

Date of Birth: 10 Aug 1988
Sexual Orientation: -----------
Profession: -----
Western Zodiac Sign: Leo
Chinese Zodiac: Dragon
Hobbies/Interests: Travel, pageantry, gym, style.

Postby georgj16 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:40 pm

It's either Atlantico or Valle. The battle of powerhouses.
It's funny how everyone is saying Valle "doesn't live up to the expectations and doesn't look the same in candids" when in fact she is the only one who looks the same in professional pictures and in candids.
Atlantico has something that makes her standout, she was my favorite to win Srta Atlantico.

If only Quindío would be 10cm taller, she would be perfect. Because that face!
Cartagena is cute.
Choco can be saved.

Bogota doesn't have a Miss Universe in their batch so I don't understand why you're hyping that girl Valentina when she is just plain.
Same with Santander, nothing remarkable.
<3 Andrea Tovar <3
@miss_barbaro
georgj16

Date of Birth: 03 Jun 1992
Western Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Hobbies/Interests: Beauty Pageants, Fashion, Aviation

Postby Juan Sebastian » Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:22 pm

georgj16 wrote:It's either Atlantico or Valle. The battle of powerhouses.
It's funny how everyone is saying Valle "doesn't live up to the expectations and doesn't look the same in candids" when in fact she is the only one who looks the same in professional pictures and in candids.
Atlantico has something that makes her standout, she was my favorite to win Srta Atlantico.

If only Quindío would be 10cm taller, she would be perfect. Because that face!
Cartagena is cute.
Choco can be saved.

Bogota doesn't have a Miss Universe in their batch so I don't understand why you're hyping that girl Valentina when she is just plain.
Same with Santander, nothing remarkable.

I think the likelihood of Atlántico or Valle winning is high but I disagree, Valle doesn't standout to me in candids, compare her to Laura Archbold/Camila Avella/Ariadna (I saw someone say that she was a hybrid of these 3 girls) and she wouldn't stand out in my opinion. I thought Quindío's height would hurt her but f*ck it, it's not the Trump era anymore, she's probably the smartest of the contestants and so far she still has been managing to be the standout among all the contestants in my opinion! And if Olivia Culpo won Miss Universe, I think we would have no problem by sending María to Miss Universe!
Juan Sebastian

Postby Juan Sebastian » Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:36 pm

some promo videos

Juan Sebastian

Postby Juan Sebastian » Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:42 pm

Cesar

Cesar @-) & Guajira

Guajira

Huila, Guajira, Chocó & Cesar

Juan Sebastian

Postby Juan Sebastian » Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:35 am

New contestant and another contender!

Bolívar - Natalia Narvaez

Juan Sebastian

Postby Juan Sebastian » Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:41 am

Juan Sebastian

Postby Juan Sebastian » Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:47 am

Last edited by Juan Sebastian on Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
Juan Sebastian

Postby Hanate » Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:47 am

Juan Sebastian wrote:
New contestant and another contender!

Bolívar - Natalia Narvaez

Ahh she's gorgeous! Thank god

In some of her photos her beauty kind of reminds me of Paulina Vega, hope she does well!
Hanate

Date of Birth: 21 Mar 1987
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: Estimator
Chinese Zodiac: Rabbit
Hobbies/Interests: Fashion and Beauty

Postby Neonic » Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:51 am

Haven't read the whole thread, just wanted to ask how many contestants will participate in September's pageant?
Neonic

Date of Birth: 01 Jan 2017
Western Zodiac Sign: Libra
Hobbies/Interests: Space Tourism, Traveling, Saxo.

Postby WOLF » Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:27 am

I don't know what you people are smoking but Cesar looks scary.

She looks like a deer caught in headlights all the time and her body... :|
WOLF
SUPER STARS are POPULAR or CHARISMATIC posters.
SUPER STARS are POPULAR or CHARISMATIC posters.

Date of Birth: 01 Feb 1997
Sexual Orientation: Lesbian
Profession: ☯☯☯☯☯
Hobbies/Interests: ☯☯☯☯☯

Postby Juan Sebastian » Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:48 am

Neonic wrote:Haven't read the whole thread, just wanted to ask how many contestants will participate in September's pageant?

It all depends on how many Raimundo the bitch accepts, so far only 14 contestants have been accepted, but we'll find out more soon! Antioquia (although she's participating at the pre pageant activities in Bogotá so she's 99% accepted), Bolívar, Caldas and Sucre have yet to be accepted. My guess will be probably in the low 20s!
Juan Sebastian

Postby Juan Sebastian » Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:57 am

WOLF wrote:
I don't know what you people are smoking but Cesar looks scary.

She looks like a deer caught in headlights all the time and her body... :|

I know right, I was shocked to see people on here think she's the favorite, I guess I chose a good photo of her! She would 150% break our streak at Miss Universe, she's not attractive!

Anyways heres some more of Bolívar who's come to save the day and make it a competition! If Valentina wins Bogotá then I'd be happy with this batch!

Juan Sebastian

Postby georgj16 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:54 pm

Nothing special for me Bolivar.
<3 Andrea Tovar <3
@miss_barbaro
georgj16

Date of Birth: 03 Jun 1992
Western Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Hobbies/Interests: Beauty Pageants, Fashion, Aviation

Postby Davok » Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:49 pm

Valle is the the most beautiful one.

Atlantico is fierce by the crown.

Things happen for a reason...

[youtube]dUZEcarRm80[/youtube]
Davok
SUPER SONICS are SPEEDIEST posters.
SUPER SONICS are SPEEDIEST posters.

Date of Birth: 09 Mar 1983
Sexual Orientation: -----------
Profession: Tecnology
Western Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Hobbies/Interests: Movies, Music, Books.

Postby Neonic » Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:42 am

I'm still with Chocó, Valle is a generic Clon of the former contestants from Colombia, if you want to bring more diversity to the pageant, Chocó would be an interesting choice,
Neonic

Date of Birth: 01 Jan 2017
Western Zodiac Sign: Libra
Hobbies/Interests: Space Tourism, Traveling, Saxo.

Postby Juan Sebastian » Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:09 am

Neonic wrote:I'm still with Chocó, Valle is a generic Clon of the former contestants from Colombia, if you want to bring more diversity to the pageant, Chocó would be an interesting choice,

I don't think Chocó will win because her hair kills her. She might get far in Miss Universe only because she's black, I agree on Valle, I'm still team Quindío and I think it would be nice to send a blonde this year after four very different types of beauties!
Juan Sebastian

PreviousNext

Return to Miss Universe