My Initial assessment on MISS VENEZUELA 2017 batch!!

My Initial assessment on MISS VENEZUELA 2017 batch!!

Postby tonys12345 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:16 pm

So fellows, it’s been a couple of weeks now since the Miss Venezuela journey officially kicked off. I’ve checked most of the candidates profile on IG, checked the official photos (Killer Job A. Lee!!), saw a couple of videos of them being interviewed. So I think now it’s a good time to make my first assessment of this year batch.

I’ve evaluated based on two factors. (1) what I think is good for the Miss Venezuela Organization with this “era” changes and (2) a mix of criteria such as original face features, universal appealing, skills to stand out from the bunch, of course body proportions, regal “it”, face value, drive to win, sparkle and of course personal taste. And I have to say that indeed is a good year as overall batch for the organization, even though I still think 2010 and 2013 are the best ones from this decade.

Now I've divided the 24 candidates, in 3 groups of 8 girls each. Trying to make sort of blocks with girls “under average”, girls on “average” and the girls “above average” who I consider crown contenders at this very moment.

Anzoategui, Apure, Bolivar, Carabobo, Merida, Vargas, Yaracuy and Zulia

This group represent the "relleno" for me. In fact there are 4 of them which I think they don't deserve one of the Miss Venezuela spots. Girls with basic faces and bringing nothing new to the table, these girls are Carabobo, Zulia, Yaracuy and Anzoátegui.

Then we have four girls which I do think deserve to be there. First Bolivar, for me she have interesting features, good communication skills, and seems that she’s really trying to stand out. Vargas has a frame to die for, and have a nice classic Miss Venezuela face features, sadly her stylist hate her…

Merida somehow has emerged as the “tramoya” of this year. Tbh I don’t know what is the True behind it but for me she is beautiful and has this distinctive “Andino” face and manners that I love and Apureis also a candidate with classic features, with one of the best comm skills of the bunch. I get this vibe from herthat she knows that she’s not going to win and she’s taking every opportunity to sell her on the media.

Trujillo, Aragua, Distrito Capital, Guárico,Miranda, Monagas, Nva. Esparta and Sucre

With second group I have to be honest, I struggled a bit with some of them while I was sorting out between this and the next group. That’s because they are so tight, and I had to be really picky. First Nva. Esparta is another one who is really smart; she knows that she is not going to win, so she’s using her skills as a presenter to expose herself on national television.

Monagas, Guárico and Distrito Capital are the typical Miss Venezuela contestant. She is polished to the max, but has generic face, she knows how to present herself with the media and how to move in this social environment and with some tricks can easily grab a spot on the semifinals.

Sucre is an especial case, she has beauty but something does not click, maybe a bad nose job, her frame is not outstanding but man she HAS enough background to kick asses on the international pageant arena. The fact she is a musical director in an orchestra is remarkable, also has been working in programs to introducing the youth on the system in several countries and speaks various languages including one from out native population and sign language. Being said that… I don’t see her winning.

Trujillo and Miranda were the ones who with I struggled the most. I changed them between groups more of two times. Even though I believe both of them are great contenders, their lack of ability to stand out was the decisive point. Specially Oriana who has great mixed features but man she is still too raw around the edges and I don’t know if she really wants the crown. Sometimes is not the girls dream but their family dream…

Amazonas, Barinas, Lara, Cojede, Delta Amacuro, Falcón, Portuguesa and Tachira

This group represents the main contenders and the ones who I believe are worthy according to my personal taste. Of couse this could change, in fact I’m pretty sure is going to change soon. At this moment.

Cojedes advantage is definitely her distinctive look. We need this type of beauty in every Miss Venezuela batch. She is going to make it to the semifinals? No, I don’t think so. But what can I say, I’m a sucker for her beauty. Táchira, another beauty but this one came with some preparation, sadly her frame and features are not top notch for be consider a “real” contender for the crown. But yes, her beauty is worthy of some hyping. Lara, I loooove her features. I love those eyes, with a good style and look changes could be a knock out. She seems quite polished pageant wise, but man that voice... Worst case than Rosangelica P. last year. Nevertheless I want to see her evolution during this few weeks and see how it turns out.

Amazonas; polarizing beauty… definitely, you can love her o hate her. At first I didn't like it for me it was the typical blonde who does not a shit about Miss Venezuela with a lame personality, but even though Megan is so young I can see witty and sparks. Still struggling too much with the camera and interviewing skills. But I don’t know, I think she has the potential to be a huge International contender. I insist with the hair change. DARKER PLEASE.

Portuguesa; Nariman is like Shea Coluee she came to slay. I remember last year Miss Miranda were Keysi was selected as a Miss Venezuela pre contestant, Edymar was there as a judge and they took a picture together and actually this girl outshined Edymar and I remember say “wooooff” who is that girl??? Well there you go… plus she has some year on the pageant arena was a participant on 2015 Sambil Model contest.

Falcón; Last year this beautiful girl decided to stop her studies and go to Caracas and start the preparation for this year's Miss Venezuela, and boy definitely hard work paid good for her. Now we can see her as one of the main contender. for me she particularly has this “naive” aura which can be so appealing for some people. But I know she has long claws to fight for the crown. ... and I forgot to metion probably the best body of this year!!!

Delta Amacuro; this is the main queen for me. She gives me life every time I go for her IG account. Yes, face wise she is not the typical Miss Venezuela, but I'll dare to put my money on her. As I always said we don’t need to prove nothing to anyone in this great little world of pageantry. So why not make a bold move selecting a gal with these kinds of features as our representative?

Barinas; As the days passed by Mariem Velazco is slowly emerging as our Keysi for this year, she is really young I think she’s 18 y.o. but seems very demure and put together also really articulated while she’s giving interviews. Yes, she has the classic Miss Venezuela look, but she also brings youthfulness and a fresh face I would say. She would be an excellent Miss Venezuela if she ends as the Winner on November.

What are your thoughts on the girls? Do you see a Potential frontrunner for the next year Miss Universe?

For more Information follow their journey on the official thread viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1427815

tonys12345
PIONEERS are the most experienced members of Missosology.

Date of Birth: 10 Apr 1986
Sexual Orientation: Gay
Profession: Eng
Hobbies/Interests: tennis

Re: My Initial assessment on MISS VENEZUELA 2017 batch!!

Postby Hurricanezone » Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:30 am

I BET MISS FALCON AND BARINAS FOR THE CROWN THIS YEAR!
MY HOTPICKS MISS VENEZUELA 2022

Hurricanezone
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.

Real Life Name/Nick: Hurricanezone
Date of Birth: 10 Jan 1991
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: Architect
Western Zodiac Sign: Aries
Chinese Zodiac: Ox
Hobbies/Interests: Internet

Postby chorr » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:54 am

:7 :7 :7 :7 :7 :7 :7 :7

LOVELY THREAD mi amigo! I wish I can follow the coverage better this year, we have a decent batch! >=p >=p >=p >=p

Out of your tops, we have the same top 2, although I think Barinas will take the cake this year. Mariam is blonde, Keysi is a morena. A mestiza is just bound to be crowned! Not sold of portuguesa, Tachira and Trujillo are far interesting IMO!

Truth bombs, truth bombs everywhere!
chorr
PAGEANT EXPERTS are MASTERS & PROFESSIONAL ANALYSTS of pageantry.
PAGEANT EXPERTS are MASTERS & PROFESSIONAL ANALYSTS of pageantry.

Date of Birth: 21 Dec 2008
Profession: none
Hobbies/Interests: tambays

Postby AUSTIN III » Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:58 pm

Lovely, been following MV since 2007 and this batch could be one of the legendary batches producing international winners, love the fact that they're still raw and could be easily molded.

However, up to this point, this is also the year where there is no emerging, winner vibe from get go. It could be unpredictable but we'll see in the final night where girls like Isler, Gibson's overwhelming presence just secured the crown. I've several favs but this 3 do the most for me.

1. Amazonas - Unique, polarizing and impactful. I thought this girl will come off as a dead eye, still-portfolio queen from modeling shots. She has amazing stance and charisma, I love her rawness. And again, never touch her nose if ever crowned.

2. Barinas - Universal choice, there is warmth and queenly tone she emits reminding me of how Mariana Jiminez beat Edymar. Still Team Edymar because I'm all about being characteristic but I could understand if she wins because she has classic MV vibe.

3. Miranda - A girl gone to a wrong pageant or rather at a wrong time. Her exotic looks remind me of Angela Ruiz, Wi May Nava whom also have quite mediocre presence for MV level. Her consistency should be worked on but I do really like her. I still think she's made for Miss World.
AUSTIN III
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.

Date of Birth: 17 Feb 1992
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: Social Relation,Education
Western Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Chinese Zodiac: Dog
Hobbies/Interests: Reading,Singing,Dancing....
Message: I measure my success with how many failures I have been through..

Postby Mildred Styles » Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:06 pm

Miranda and Delta Amacuro for me based on the glamour shots!

ISILDA MOREIRA FOR MISSO'S NEXT TOP MODEL

Mildred Styles

Real Life Name/Nick: Maria Matilda
Date of Birth: 21 Sep 1990
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: None
Western Zodiac Sign: Libra
Chinese Zodiac: Ox
Hobbies/Interests: Pageants

Postby tonys12345 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:45 pm

Hurricanezone wrote:I BET MISS FALCON AND BARINAS FOR THE CROWN THIS YEAR!

Hello my friend! I have to confess that in the beginning I was in Miss Falcon wagon. But as the time pass by I'm slowly leaving it. Yes, she's gorg, has a killer body BUT her personality though. Something doesn't click for me. I don't see spark there. :|
tonys12345

Postby tonys12345 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:53 pm

chorr wrote: :7 :7 :7 :7 :7 :7 :7 :7

LOVELY THREAD mi amigo! I wish I can follow the coverage better this year, we have a decent batch! >=p >=p >=p >=p

Out of your tops, we have the same top 2, although I think Barinas will take the cake this year. Mariam is blonde, Keysi is a morena. A mestiza is just bound to be crowned! Not sold of portuguesa, Tachira and Trujillo are far interesting IMO!

Mi Amigo!

Yes! I'm with you. Barinas and Delta Amacuro are the solid top 2 for now. And about Portuguesa I don't know there is a queenly aura there that remind me the 90's queens. That's why I'm putting her there. But yes, there is a lack of something or maybe overcooked?
tonys12345

Postby tonys12345 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:59 pm

AUSTIN III wrote:Lovely, been following MV since 2007 and this batch could be one of the legendary batches producing international winners, love the fact that they're still raw and could be easily molded.

However, up to this point, this is also the year where there is no emerging, winner vibe from get go. It could be unpredictable but we'll see in the final night where girls like Isler, Gibson's overwhelming presence just secured the crown. I've several favs but this 3 do the most for me.

1. Amazonas - Unique, polarizing and impactful. I thought this girl will come off as a dead eye, still-portfolio queen from modeling shots. She has amazing stance and charisma, I love her rawness. And again, never touch her nose if ever crowned.

2. Barinas - Universal choice, there is warmth and queenly tone she emits reminding me of how Mariana Jiminez beat Edymar. Still Team Edymar because I'm all about being characteristic but I could understand if she wins because she has classic MV vibe.

3. Miranda - A girl gone to a wrong pageant or rather at a wrong time. Her exotic looks remind me of Angela Ruiz, Wi May Nava whom also have quite mediocre presence for MV level. Her consistency should be worked on but I do really like her. I still think she's made for Miss World.

Yes! I agree. There's no clear winner from the get go. But I think is positive for the pageant itself.

Right now I have a solid top 2, Barinas and Delta Amacuro

Then Amazonas, Falcón and Portuguesa fighting for the 3rd place.

tonys12345

Postby tonys12345 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:59 pm

AUSTIN III wrote:Lovely, been following MV since 2007 and this batch could be one of the legendary batches producing international winners, love the fact that they're still raw and could be easily molded.

Yes! I agree. There's no clear winner from the get go. But I think is positive for the pageant itself.

Right now I have a solid top 2, Barinas and Delta Amacuro

Then Amazonas, Falcón and Portuguesa fighting for the 3rd place.

tonys12345

Return to Miss Universe