Miss America vs. Miss USA; Viewership/Ratings

Miss America vs. Miss USA; Viewership/Ratings

Postby jhunz23 » Mon May 29, 2017 2:38 am

I was shocked to learn that Miss America has more than a double share of TV ratings than Miss USA.

Miss America 2017 (televised on Sept 2016) has viewership ratings of 6-7Million, and Miss USA 2017 only has audience ratings of almost 3 Million only? Correct me if I'm wrong ...

Although Miss USA is being televised more globally than Miss America. All pageant fans around the world are watching Miss USA.

I do hope that MUO/IMG will bring back the televised scores in Miss Universe, MUSA & MTUSA... the fans become contented with the transparency of the contest ... unlike now ..even if there is already a winner ... some audience accuse the producer of rigging the pageant.

I wanna know your opinion: DO YOU THINK THAT IMG wants Miss USA to appear more like of Miss America ...because of the ratings? or should IMG LISTEN to the desire of the fans (to bring its old format) to boost its ratings?! What do you think?

Miss America Ratings Source: http://www.nj.com/entertainment/index.s ... tings.html

Miss USA Ratings Source: http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/tv-rati ... 202426936/

Last edited by jhunz23 on Mon May 29, 2017 3:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
jhunz23
PIONEERS are the most experienced members of Missosology.

Date of Birth: 21 Dec 2008
Profession: teacher
Western Zodiac Sign: Leo
Chinese Zodiac: Rooster
Hobbies/Interests: reading

Re: Miss America vs. Miss USA; Viewership/Ratings

Postby Mariana Erwin » Mon May 29, 2017 2:58 am

The production is the problem that IMG still doesn't know how to fix.

First of all, they haven't been able to bring back the benefits of the original criteria and one of them is something you already mentioned - transparency. The scores must be shown on television in order to see how well the girl really performed. Plus, the preliminary scores should be also shown to know whose girls almost made it and the girls who were definitely clapping.

Plus, they should also focus on the girls' attitude and power, and not just their profession. Although I like the fact that they are focusing on women with professions and not just women who want to win Miss Universe just to be a Hollywood actress, the lack of feeling and empathy in the pageant is what I see and unfortunately, feel.

Unfortunately, since IMG brought the original criteria back, fans will never like it since IMG brought it back. Unfortunately, they have failed to realize that this is what brought the first 51 winners of the pageant to the crown, including Oxana - the 51st, and the first to go away. Ever since she was dethroned/resigned, they started selecting a beautiful girl not even caring if her attitude was as horrible as Cruella de Vil. Plus, they started crowning girls who came from North America and were mostly Caucasian. They never crowned a European winner until now - when IMG took over.

Production-wise, IMG is killing the pageant. It's a sad issue. I recommend IMG selling the pageant to CBS since they were the original broadcaster of the pageant anyway, if this persists.

However, Miss America is more famous in the United States since it was older, and it has a different format although I understand why normal pageant fans do not want to view it - it is a scholarship pageant. The girl is crowned to study and not just to be an ambassadress. However, Miss USA is more famous since it is the flagship national pageant of the Miss Universe pageant and is viewed by fans of the latter because of the rule that anything that happens in Miss USA can happen in Miss Universe since they are sister pageants. Therefore, I think IMG wants Miss Universe to be like Miss America somehow, but they should realize that its better for Miss USA to be a bit different in terms of production. Production is the problem, and not the criteria that gave these all-packaged women the chance to become a representative of a vast space that scientists are still trying to discover.
No more bashers in 2022, please.

Also, watch Dani Walker's video to know more on how bashers can kill with their words.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbYUDqSC1UM
Mariana Erwin
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.

Date of Birth: 05 Apr 1988
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: ***********
Western Zodiac Sign: Aries
Chinese Zodiac: Dragon
Hobbies/Interests: Pageantry
Message: Hello and welcome! Commenting on things in pageantry and critical of pageant issues.

Postby HESPERIDES » Mon May 29, 2017 3:07 am

I love the Miss America pageant because is amazing!!! :7
What more I like is the competition of talent, something that does not exist in the Miss USA pageant...

The difference between both events is that Miss America is a scholarship pageant, the winner has the opportunity to gain a scholarship of studies to progress in her career.
Theres was also a scholarship scheme to motivate outstanding candidates.

In the Miss USA, the winner only obtains material as motor prizes (car and jewels) and contracts of advertising.
During many editions, the winner was receiving a mink fur coat, something that was very criticized by the Defenders of the rights of the animals, including the veteran host Bob Barker; The edition of Miss Universe 1988 is also remembered because it was the first one without the presence in the main conduction of Bob Barker, who shortly after the event of 1987 decided to retire of the event (and also of Miss USA) arguing to defend the rights of the animals.

Last edited by HESPERIDES on Mon May 29, 2017 4:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
HESPERIDES
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.

Date of Birth: 27 Jul 2000
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: maker of non-woven textiles
Hobbies/Interests: Volunteer to help the community - Film memorabilia

Postby ManMeat » Mon May 29, 2017 3:19 am

I thought Miss America is boring than this year's Miss USA, even though Miss America has Talent Competition.
And I hated their awkward dancing opening and their ugly big ass SS design.

But, MUO's pageant is much worse than Miss America now.

I've never imagined I would say Miss America is better than MUO pageant.
What happened?

Bring back opening part, Top 15 and the FISH BOWL!
And let contestants do catwalk one by one!

We want entertainment value of MUO pageant.
Actually, the real intelligent women don't have to compete for the beauty pageant tho.
Most of these day's women are already intelligent and have a professional career.
So IMG should stop pushing specific job agenda.

MUO's pageant became Miss Professional or Miss Sob Story.
Which means I don't like it.

No wonder MUO's pageant's rating is lower than Miss America.
ManMeat
SUPER STARS are POPULAR or CHARISMATIC posters.

Date of Birth: 27 Mar 1989
Sexual Orientation: -----------
Profession: I'm better than you
Chinese Zodiac: Snake
Hobbies/Interests: I'm gonna mention your dirty ass double standards

Postby jhunz23 » Mon May 29, 2017 4:01 am

i agree, IMG's agenda is ruining the pageant
as Shandi Finnesey said ... They are shoving their agenda's to the audience's throat.
I do hope that the glory days of MUO can be brought back!
its the Olympics of Beauty of Pete's Sake!

ManMeat wrote:I thought Miss America is boring than this year's Miss USA, even though Miss America has Talent Competition.

What happened?

Actually, the real intelligent women don't have to compete for the beauty pageant tho.
Most of these day's women are already intelligent and have a professional career.

jhunz23

Postby jhunz23 » Mon May 29, 2017 4:06 am

just a query ... why do you think that Miss America is amazing?
because of scholarship? because of its longevity? quality of contestants? i wanna know your perspective.

i thought MUSA is more exciting. but hey, ratings is with MAmerica's favor!

HESPERIDES wrote:I love the Miss America pageant because is amazing!!! :=p
jhunz23

Postby lucy » Mon May 29, 2017 4:10 am

jhunz23 wrote:
I was shocked to learn that Miss America has more than a double share of TV ratings than Miss USA.

Miss America 2017 (televised on Sept 2016) has viewership ratings of 6-7Million, and Miss USA 2017 only has audience ratings of almost 3 Million only? Correct me if I'm wrong ...

Although Miss USA is being televised more globally than Miss America. All pageant fans around the world are watching Miss USA.

I do hope that MUO/IMG will bring back the televised scores in Miss Universe, MUSA & MTUSA... the fans become contented with the transparency of the contest ... unlike now ..even if there is already a winner ... some audience accuse the producer of rigging the pageant.

I wanna know your opinion: DO YOU THINK THAT IMG wants Miss USA to appear more like of Miss America ...because of the ratings? or should IMG LISTEN to the desire of the fans (to bring its old format) to boost its ratings?! What do you think?

Miss America Ratings Source: http://www.nj.com/entertainment/index.s ... tings.html

MATAGAL NA YAN MAS TRIPLE PA NGA ANG VIEWERSHIP NG MISS AMERICA SA MISS UNIVERSE SINCE LATE 80'S PA NA BAGO PA LANG SILA NOON TAPOS HANGGANG NGAYON MAS LUMAKI PA ANG VIEWERSHIP NG MISS AMERICA! :)>-

lucy

Real Life Name/Nick: lucy
Date of Birth: 12 Dec 1985
Profession: professor
Hobbies/Interests: pageants, tennis, beaches, heritage sites

Postby HESPERIDES » Mon May 29, 2017 4:30 am

jhunz23 wrote:
just a query ... why do you think that Miss America is amazing?
because of scholarship? because of its longevity? quality of contestants? i wanna know your perspective.

i thought MUSA is more exciting. but hey, ratings is with MAmerica's favor!

HESPERIDES wrote:I love the Miss America pageant because is amazing!!!

It's a matter of taste, you know :)(

In Miss America, the Talent competition is my favorite segment!

Since I was a child, it was waiting for the program to see the Performance of the finalists: Many touch musical instruments as the piano, other girls sing wonderfully, also they present original acts of magic, gymnastics, action, etc.
All that demonstrates that the candidates not only have pretty faces or slender bodies, but also they are talented girls.

In the Miss USA we never know if any candidate can sing...
Miss America is a non profitable organization and the winner have to work for children’s Miracle network, Miss USA on the other hand have completely different organizations like American Cancer Society.
Last edited by HESPERIDES on Mon May 29, 2017 5:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
HESPERIDES

Postby rockondude » Mon May 29, 2017 5:15 am

IMG basically destroyed Miss Universe i hope the ratings go to shit this year so one of Trump sons buys the pageant back. i wan't to see a pageant not a politically correct mess where the nice girl with the cliche answers win. I wan't to see stunning women on stage not some fat girl who story is "Inspirational"
There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion.
rockondude

Real Life Name/Nick: julian
Date of Birth: 15 Aug 1985
Sexual Orientation: Not sure
Profession: Student
Western Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Chinese Zodiac: Dog
Hobbies/Interests: i like to go to the gym
Message: There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion.

Postby Mariana Erwin » Mon May 29, 2017 5:25 am

HESPERIDES wrote:Image
I love the Miss America pageant because is amazing!!! :7
What more I like is the competition of talent, something that does not exist in the Miss USA pageant...

The difference between both events is that Miss America is a scholarship pageant, the winner has the opportunity to gain a scholarship of studies to progress in her career.
Theres was also a scholarship scheme to motivate outstanding candidates.

In the Miss USA, the winner only obtains material as motor prizes (car and jewels) and contracts of advertising.
During many editions, the winner was receiving a mink fur coat, something that was very criticized by the Defenders of the rights of the animals, including the veteran host Bob Barker; The edition of Miss Universe 1988 is also remembered because it was the first one without the presence in the main conduction of Bob Barker, who shortly after the event of 1987 decided to retire of the event (and also of Miss USA) arguing to defend the rights of the animals.

What I like about Miss America is that it inspired Miss USA to be a pageant of its own and it didn't need a singer because its first walk song was always recorded and all the girl would do was to tell the world that she's been selected to represent all beings.

However, Miss Universe needs to fix all of its problems. First, they should put the scores back and make sure that both interview and beauty matter. You don't need to be called a ''goddess'' just to win, but you don't need to be a super-genius, as long as your responsible, professional, and wonderful.

I would rather have winners such as Chelsi Smith over Zuleyka Rivera all day. Not all Trump/NBC-era winners were like Zuleyka. Dayana, Stefania, Ximena, Molly, Paulina, and Olivia could win or place high in the original criteria of the pageant.

Also, watch Dani Walker's video to know more on how bashers can kill with their words.

Mariana Erwin

Message: Hello and welcome! Commenting on things in pageantry and critical of pageant issues.

Postby Mariana Erwin » Mon May 29, 2017 5:28 am

rockondude wrote:IMG basically destroyed Miss Universe i hope the ratings go to shit this year so one of Trump sons buys the pageant back. i wan't to see a pageant not a politically correct mess where the nice girl with the cliche answers win. I wan't to see stunning women on stage not some fat girl who story is "Inspirational"
IMG only destroyed it production-wise. And nope, I would not want Miss Universe to be under the care of Trump's sons. In the end, we would see all those countries win again just because they are ''beautiful'' even if their girls don't suit the crown.

P.S. The girl in your avatar won before Trump took it - she won because she had it all, not because she was just ''Miss Beautiful''. And plus, I prefer a stunning woman as long as she is healthy. In fact, I would rather see Siera Bearchell than Mariam Habach on stage.

Mariana Erwin

Postby Mariana Erwin » Mon May 29, 2017 5:33 am

ManMeat wrote:I thought Miss America is boring than this year's Miss USA, even though Miss America has Talent Competition.

What happened?

IMG needs to be fair to the candidates. I like the fact that they show their professions because this is not Miss Actress, Miss Hollywood, or Miss Oscars. It's a reality that people don't really think about candidates because people think it is just being called and then winning the crown with an open-mouth reaction.

However, they should also realize that what really matters is the will of the candidate to become Miss USA and how she proves it, and not just because she is of a specific profession. They shouldn't make Miss USA a pageant that meets The Apprentice. It should be a show for all American women and not some stupid show in which girls are selected just because they are ''professional''. In the previous years, that wasn't much of the case - even before the Trump era came.

Mariana Erwin

Postby ManMeat » Mon May 29, 2017 6:00 am

Mariana Erwin wrote: IMG needs to be fair to the candidates.

That's why I said, "bring back the fish bowl".
They asked a military question to Deshauna, that was unfair to other girls.
Some other pageant directors also complaint about this.

And Kara appeared every single footage. Favoritism is still alive.
Last edited by ManMeat on Mon May 29, 2017 6:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
ManMeat

Date of Birth: 27 Mar 1989
Profession: I'm better than you
Chinese Zodiac: Snake
Hobbies/Interests: I'm gonna mention your dirty ass double standards

Postby pippo93 » Mon May 29, 2017 6:18 am

I STILL PREFER MISS USA!!!!
THE PROBLEM IS THAT IMG IS TOO MUCH FOCUSED ON THE BACKSTORY.
I LIKE IT, BUT THEY FOCUSED IT TOO MUCH. THE INTERVIEW OF TOP 5 & 3 IS GREAT, BUT IMG SHOULD ELIMINATES THE INTERVIEW DURING THE ANNOUNCEMENT OF TOP 15/10. IT RUINED THE SUSPENCE!!!!
AND PLEASE, I WATCHED YESTERDAY BOTH MISS USA 2016 & MISS USA 2017 AND 2016 WAS WAY BETTER. PLEASE IMG BRING BACK THE GIRLS WALK ALONE
pippo93
AMBASSADORS represent their country.
AMBASSADORS represent their country.

Date of Birth: 29 Sep 1993
Profession: Medical Doctor, Resident in Nephrology
Western Zodiac Sign: Libra
Hobbies/Interests: Beauty Pageants

Postby HESPERIDES » Mon May 29, 2017 6:35 am

In the Miss USA event, we never know if any candidate can sing or to dance, only we estimate her pretty face.
For example: The Hollywood star Halle Berry entered several beauty pageants: winning Miss Ohio in 1986 and then placed on second position in the final of Miss USA 1986, but did someone know that she had talent for the Acting/drama??? :-@

[-X ...the answer is NO

Only we knew it very much later when it began to be successful in movies.
Berry is the only black woman to have won a Best Actress Academy Award.

WHICH IS THE BEST PAGEANT???
Probably the person who has the best answer is Shandi Finnessey, who competed in both pageants: represented Missouri in the Miss America 2003 pageant, where she won an "evening gown preliminary award" but did not place in the final crowning ceremony.

Time later, Finnessey became the first woman from Missouri to win the Miss USA crown. During her reign as Miss USA 2004, Finnessey became an advocate for breast cancer and ovarian cancer awareness and research. She has also worked with Special Olympics, the National Down Syndrome Convention, American Cancer Society.

[youtube]g_V7NNnl0I8[/youtube]
HESPERIDES

Postby Mariana Erwin » Mon May 29, 2017 10:35 am

ManMeat wrote:
Mariana Erwin wrote: IMG needs to be fair to the candidates.

That's why I said, "bring back the fish bowl".
They asked a military question to Deshauna, that was unfair to other girls.
Some other pageant directors also complaint about this.

And Kara appeared every single footage. Favoritism is still alive.
Yup, indeed. They should choose a question from a box/bowl or any container, instead of having a question assigned to them.

Mariana Erwin

Postby lesham » Mon May 29, 2017 12:37 pm

Trump Era production +IMG drama= Better MUO
Thank you FunX3 for this amazing collage!
ALPHA OF 2010s
MW-2013
MU-1969,1973,2015,2018
MI-1964,1970,1979,2005,2013,2016
ME-2008,2014,2015,2017
MS- 2013
MIC- 2018, 2021
lesham

Real Life Name/Nick: Lesham
Date of Birth: 22 Nov 1997
Profession: Student
Western Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Chinese Zodiac: Ox
Hobbies/Interests: Pageants

Postby soledad » Mon May 29, 2017 1:58 pm

lucy wrote:
jhunz23 wrote:

MATAGAL NA YAN MAS TRIPLE PA NGA ANG VIEWERSHIP NG MISS AMERICA SA MISS UNIVERSE SINCE LATE 80'S PA NA BAGO PA LANG SILA NOON TAPOS HANGGANG NGAYON MAS LUMAKI PA ANG VIEWERSHIP NG MISS AMERICA! :)>-

You are wrong.

http://www.spottedratings.com/2015/12/s ... -2001.html
http://www.today.com/popculture/ratings ... na16909697
http://www.upi.com/Ratings-for-Miss-Ame ... 264879364/
soledad
PAGEANT HISTORIANS are walking encyclopedias of pageantry.
PAGEANT HISTORIANS are walking encyclopedias of pageantry.

Date of Birth: 29 Nov 1988
Profession: RN
Western Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Hobbies/Interests: Being single and an INFP-T

Postby whyNot? » Mon May 29, 2017 2:03 pm

Because people feel they are getting smarter to not rate women by beauty alone. Why do we have to praise the pretty girls (which is less than 10% of the populations) and call the other 90% ugly. People don't like scoring 1 to 10 to their sisters/daughter just by the superficiality beauty.

(Probably) viewers love to appreciate the girls' talent, and the cause of the pageant too (ie, scholarship for Miss America) Many nowadays believe to be an inspiration you don't have to be beautiful. People look at the cause and relevancy, and rating someone is better than the other just because they have prettier face and sexier body is just wrong for many proggresive thinkers.

It is not my opinion, I still love the classic pageant. It is just what I've sense what will be happening in near future.
Look at what they said to Miss America (they never talked about Miss USA)
[youtube]Csuu4C4tbFM[/youtube]
He said: 'you guys are still doing this?'

ANGGUN

[youtube]SnSmB7uBo-Y[/youtube]
whyNot?

Real Life Name/Nick: Fey
Date of Birth: 24 Aug 1986
Profession: Social worker
Chinese Zodiac: Tiger
Hobbies/Interests: Reading, travelling

Postby beautywatchnyc » Mon May 29, 2017 7:25 pm

Miss USA and Miss America shouldn't aspire to be like each other. Miss America should retain its own niche that makes it unique and not merely proxy its more popular counterpart, Miss USA or vice versa. I think that the viewers own the freedom to make a choice, either, or both to their liking.
beautywatchnyc
VIP MEMBERS are REAL LIFE candidates or PAGEANT ORGANIZERS.
VIP MEMBERS are REAL LIFE candidates or PAGEANT ORGANIZERS.

Location: New York City (former) now residing in the Royal Borough of Kensington & Chelsea, SW5
Real Life Name/Nick: david
Profession: HR Consultancy, Professional Cooking
Western Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Chinese Zodiac: Horse
Hobbies/Interests: Surfing D Net Cooking Travel Reading Pho2graphy

Postby fortela » Mon May 29, 2017 8:56 pm

beauty sells as trump said. they must change format to 60 percent beauy and 40 percent personality and intelligence. trump knows which ingredients make business. real physical beauty is rarer than intelligence
fortela
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.

Real Life Name/Nick: ninen
Profession: paralegal
Western Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Chinese Zodiac: Rat
Hobbies/Interests: beauty pageants

Postby prowazekii » Tue May 30, 2017 12:18 am

miss usa has latin audience and foreign viewewrs, that make s up for its low american ratings. if it wasnt for that. It will be dead like pageants in Rich nations(Europe)
i think of Miss Universe who is the most beautiful, most femininely graceful, most charming, delightful and sweet...
prowazekii

Real Life Name/Nick: Ron Weasley Fr. Hogwarts
Profession: Physician
Hobbies/Interests: The OLympic Games,Miss Universe,HP and Haus MD
Message: " hard work and perseverance outlast sheer luck and talent"

Postby keyss » Tue May 30, 2017 1:46 am

fortela wrote:beauty sells as trump said. they must change format to 60 percent beauy and 40 percent personality and intelligence. trump knows which ingredients make business. real physical beauty is rarer than intelligence

^^^ Pretty much this.
There's a reason why supermodels are tall and thin: because its a rare thing to see! But the feminists keep bitching about representing all bodies in ads as if anyone honestly wants to see that. Even overweight people admit that its actually something that embarrasses them when it does happen.

Who would've thought that a modeling agency would be so damn clueless? =O/
keyss

Date of Birth: 29 Aug 1987
Profession: self employed
Western Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Chinese Zodiac: Rabbit
Hobbies/Interests: beauty

Postby lutosfeet » Tue May 30, 2017 3:01 am

rockondude wrote:IMG basically destroyed Miss Universe i hope the ratings go to shit this year so one of Trump sons buys the pageant back. i wan't to see a pageant not a politically correct mess where the nice girl with the cliche answers win. I wan't to see stunning women on stage not some fat girl who story is "Inspirational"

I have to agree, I thought its a blessing that MUO is no longer under Trump but with IMG its loosing it's glamour and uniqueness. Common bring back the opening dance, preliminary scores of the girls, for pete's sake allow them to walk one by one, its their time to shine, so let them own the stage by strutting alone.. I really don't like the idea of girls walking altogether, seems weird.

Its ok to have Top 12/9 and 3 but please bring back the old format. ~X( ~X( ~X( ~X( ~X(
lutosfeet

Date of Birth: 04 Mar 1987
Sexual Orientation: Gay
Profession: Rocker
Chinese Zodiac: Rat
Hobbies/Interests: pageant and writing

Postby lucy » Tue May 30, 2017 3:52 am

soledad wrote:
lucy wrote:
jhunz23 wrote:

You are wrong.

http://www.spottedratings.com/2015/12/s ... -2001.html
http://www.today.com/popculture/ratings ... na16909697
http://www.upi.com/Ratings-for-Miss-Ame ... 264879364/

BUT STILL MISS AMERICA TV RATINGS IS WAY HIGHER THAN BOTH miss usa and Miss Universe!,IT DIDN'T EVEN HELP IT'S RATING WHEN IT WAS HELD IN A m u COUNTRY LIKE PHILIPPINES! :)>- :)>-

lucy

Postby elio » Tue May 30, 2017 4:23 am

WHAT WITH MISS AMERICA???? VERY BORING PAGEANT,VERY OLD STYLE,EVEN CONTESTANTS LOOKS LIKE ANTIES,MISS USA ALTHOUGH NOW IT IS ABOUT BEAUTY/BRAINS NOW IT IS VERY MODERN,ENTERTAINING AND VERY 2010 'S AND THE GIRLS ARE REALLY STUNNING AND GIVING THEIR AGE. I AM 100 % WITH MISS USA
elio

Real Life Name/Nick: elie
Hobbies/Interests: football,tennis

Postby elio » Tue May 30, 2017 4:40 am

I WATCHED A MISS AMERICA FINAL 5,AND MISS USA FINAL 5 AND FAR MORE BEAUTIFUL SEXY AND MODERN AND THEY ARE MODERN,I DON'T KNOW WHAT THE GREAT THING IN MISS AMERICA TO WATCH?? TO WATCH ANTIES??
elio

Real Life Name/Nick: elie
Hobbies/Interests: football,tennis

Postby manoypoe » Tue May 30, 2017 5:37 am

SOME SAID THAT THE GOOD THING ABOUT MISS AMERICA IS THE TALENT PORTION. SO THIS IS LIKE AMERICAN WOMEN GOT TALENTS. THAT IS WHY IT IS RATING HIGHER THAN MISS USA COZ IT IS A TALENT SHOW. =;)) =;))
manoypoe
MODERATORS are responsible to maintain order.
MODERATORS are responsible to maintain order.

Date of Birth: 15 Apr 1975
Profession: Assassin of Idiots
Western Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Hobbies/Interests: Web surfing

Postby lucy » Tue May 30, 2017 11:07 am

manoypoe wrote:SOME SAID THAT THE GOOD THING ABOUT MISS AMERICA IS THE TALENT PORTION. SO THIS IS LIKE AMERICAN WOMEN GOT TALENTS. THAT IS WHY IT IS RATING HIGHER THAN MISS USA COZ IT IS A TALENT SHOW. =;)) =;))

IT'S NOT ONLY MISS USA, MISS AMERICA THRASHES Miss Universe TOO! :)>-

lucy

Postby davidtbv » Tue May 30, 2017 4:52 pm

I agree many people are gearing away from beauty pageants now. Physical beauty is not that important anymore compared to what they can do to humanity. Many are becoming progressive thinkers.

"Be a Curie in the time of Kardashians"

whyNot? wrote:
Because people feel they are getting smarter to not rate women by beauty alone. Why do we have to praise the pretty girls (which is less than 10% of the populations) and call the other 90% ugly. People don't like scoring 1 to 10 to their sisters/daughter just by the superficiality beauty.

(Probably) viewers love to appreciate the girls' talent, and the cause of the pageant too (ie, scholarship for Miss America) Many nowadays believe to be an inspiration you don't have to be beautiful. People look at the cause and relevancy, and rating someone is better than the other just because they have prettier face and sexier body is just wrong for many proggresive thinkers.

It is not my opinion, I still love the classic pageant. It is just what I've sense what will be happening in near future.
Look at what they said to Miss America (they never talked about Miss USA)
[youtube]Csuu4C4tbFM[/youtube]
He said: 'you guys are still doing this?'

davidtbv
Dark green members are SEMI-ACTIVE posters.
Dark green members are SEMI-ACTIVE posters.

Real Life Name/Nick: David
Date of Birth: 01 Jan 1986
Profession: Model
Western Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Hobbies/Interests: watch tv, surf the net

Next

Return to Miss Universe