~VALLERIAM's FINAL CHOICE MISS UNIVERSE 2016~

~VALLERIAM's FINAL CHOICE MISS UNIVERSE 2016~

Postby valleriam » Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:33 pm

(Signed by Miss Universe 1000 B.C)

Miss Universe has once again proven to be leader of international pageants, bringing us the excitement and entertainment value many others lack. Moreover, the quality of the contestants is, in my opinion, very high quality as we see year after year the most beautiful from different regions of the world come to compete for the most coveted beauty title, Miss Universe.

Las year we had a very celebrated outcome when fan and media favorite, Pia Alonzo Wurtzbach won the title for the Philippines. After many years of coming very close to the crown, she finally did it for her country and it’s no surprise, because Pia has all the qualities a Miss Universe should have. She is truly a role model of confidence, elegance, wit and grace, plus it’s a bonus that she possesses one of the most beautiful and commercial faces of a Miss Universe winner and oozes so much STAR quality and charismatic aura. It wasn’t easy for her because at first she thought she had lost to Colombia due to a very scandalous and horrible mistake that didn’t really let her have a proper winning moment. However, she emerged from it with so much class and poise, like a true queen. She’s had a very successful and long reign, and she will for sure be missed and remembered as one of the most intelligent, beautiful and confident winners of all times. As she herself said, she is “confidently beautiful with a hearth”.

Image Miss Universe 2015, Pia Alonzo Wurtzbach of the Philippines Image

This year we have an interesting batch of girls. As we all know, all the front runners were kind of competing on equal ground prior to the preliminaries, but it all changed drastically. Many favorites are playing it safe and being that this year we will only have 12 semifinalists, there will be many surprises in the semifinals as many of the underrated girls came through and delivered solid performances, leaving many of the front runners in a questionable zone. This list is based solely in my taste, it is NOT a prediction, my prediction is very different. This list is in order of preference, of what I think should happen based on first and foremost BEAUTY, then I also evaluated performance, stage presence, overall impact, aura and personality. To me those qualities are what make a queen stand out and conquer the title. I don’t believe in sash factor when organizing my favorites, although for my prediction list it did play a role. Without further ado, this is my final list in order of preference for Miss Universe 2016.

SPOILER ALERT!

Image USA Image
Deshauna Barber
Most likely she will spoil the night with her presence in the semifinals and I can see her going further based on likability factor, the fact that she is a black Miss USA with a military background story, and I do think she handles herself well on stage. Competitive and consistent performances on both rounds, plus probably she aced the interview round so I can see her waaaay up there, despite of being facially ordinary and having the weakest frame I've seen from USA since the insipid and incompetent Rima Fakih. In all fairness, she redeemed herself, but for me it's just a little too late in the game and lacks universal appeal.

Honorable mentions

Image 25. COSTA RICA Image
Carolina Duran
Miss Costa Rica might not be in possession of one of the high caliber faces, but she really stood out to me in the preliminaries and came out of nowhere. Her body is her strongest asset, she looked so amazing in her swimsuit and delivered a solid performance. I don't care for her dress, she is a good performer but it is too serious and she looked old. With that said, I think she might have scored very high in the swimsuit round and I can see her up there competing in the semis.

Image 24. JAPAN Image
Sari Nakazawa
What a pleasant surprise. Her facial beauty is very captivating in motion, she looks like a living version of Mulan. Her features stand out in the bunch, and I think she might get lucky. Her performance was very good as well, she did better than I expected and her overall aura is amazing, she is very royal and unconventional. Japan's glory days are gone in Miss Universe, but I think this girl can pull off a come back for Japan.

Image 23. CHINA Image
Li Zhenying
This girl is giving me silent killer vibes. Her pasarela in swimsuit is very modelesque, fierce and professional. I am not a fan of the overall styling, but her presence was undeniable. I don't think she is as bad as people say, but being that this year Asia is very strong, I think she might miss the cut just by a hair, because there needs to be room for everyone in the semis although asian domination is highly possible.

Image 22. TURKEY Image
Tansu Sila Cakir
Sila will most likely clap, but I have to mention that she is definitely one of the most beautiful faces in the competition, although she is not in competitive mode like the girl from 2012 who made it to the semis. Sila is lacking in many areas needed to succeed, and it is very hard for me to say that because personally I hope she will be called since I have been her fan from day 1. However, I have to be credible and objective, her body + performance is simply not up to par with the rest, she clearly needs to polish her walk and tone her body, although she might look healthy, but not Miss Universe caliber. With that being said, I have not lost all my faith in her, as I think she exudes a certain charming spark that leaves you infatuated with her face, and in stage I will say that she did have great energy. At this point based on the overall I see her clapping, but there is a possibility that the judges saw something in her, especially in the interview round where she is face to face with them.

Image 21. SPAIN Image
Noellia Freire
I have to say I was very impressed with her presence and beauty in motion. Her statuesque frame really works on her favor. I do find her a little unpolished in ramp skills, and the stance is not as strong as others, she is more natural and careless on stage. Swimsuit was better than evening gown by a landslide, although I'm sure she left her mark. Based on her beauty, I would not be surprised to see her make the cut.

Alternates

Image 20. CURACAO Image
Chanelle de Lau
This girl is pure dynamite on stage with so much energy and vibrancy. I like her presence, she commands attention the minute you see her. However, I think she is a little too over the top and lacks the elegance of a queen, especially in evening gown. Also, she has zero face value and has been hit or miss during the entire competition. SOLID performances, but I do think there are better packaged girls.

Image 19. GERMANY Image
Johanna Acs
This girl has so much energy and charisma. She delivered competitive performances, despite of her questionable ramp skills, she has the correct attitude and competitive spirit to penetrate the semis. Her presence reminded me of Marigona Dragusha (Kosovo 2009), very young, elegant and the naturalness of her face is simply unmatched. I can see her getting the call.

Image 18. PANAMA Image
Keity Drennan
Very seasoned and clearly confident, but perhaps a little too confident? She exudes an aura of arrogance and overconfidence that I simply don't like in beauty queens. However, that doesn't mean I don't recognize that she is a very SOLID performer, and overall she was consistent in all areas. Her main issue is that she looks overcooked, very Vane Goncalves, which might work against her due to lack of freshness. I don't ignore the fact that she might get called, and if she gets in, it's possible that she will end up in the Top 6!

Image 17. BELGIUM Image
Stephanie Geldhof
Despite of atrocious dress, I think she performed well. Her facial beauty is exquisite and belongs in magazine covers all around the world. Her beauty is simply on top of the list. In swimsuit I think she delivered a great performance, in fact she's one of the best in this round, but lost major points when she came out in such ridiculous attire. Nonetheless, I am rooting for her and my gut is telling me she will make the cut for Europe.

Image 16. ARGENTINA Image
Estfanía Bernal
What a face! This girl is truly a star and a goddess in motion, her beauty is just effervescent and I can't stop staring. In swimsuit she is very sultry, confident, and exudes true femininity and effortless beauty. The evening gown for me costed her significant points in my list, she looked too pageant patty, expected, very prom and cheap looking dress that doesn't do anything for such beauty. I am hoping she will get called, but I'm afraid she got lost in the bunch.

Image 15. GEORGIA Image
Nuka Karalashvili
What a surprise! Her facial beauty in motion is goddess-like and she has amazing queenly aura. Her sash is so weak, I think she might not make it, but she left her mark. Although her body is not up to the standards, she had a very confident look and her face is simply exquisite in motion. Her styling was on point, that might get her in the semis as I’m sure the judges could appreciate her beauty more than us. She is the revelation of the night for me and could be a surprise entry.

Image 14. NICRAGUA Image
Marina Jacoby
When she came out in her swimsuit I said to myself that this girl is up to something. She looked impeccable and exudes so much beauty, Marina is one of the few with that likability factor and global appeal. While she is not the face of the competition, her beauty and presence is so pleasant and easy on the eyes, you just want to look at her all night. As an overall, she was a very good performer, although in the evening gown round for me she needs a softer color, the dress itself looks cheap and the shoes are just distracting me from looking at her gorgeous face. With that said, it is very possible that she will be called. Nicaragua has sent their best delegate in years, for me she is way better and BY A LANDSLIDE than Nastassja Bolivar (2013).

Top 13

Image 13. UKRAINE Image
Alena Spodynyuk
Her performance was just correct. No flaws at all, but when compared to others Alena lacks some energy. She is very beautiful in motion and has very regal vibes, but I'm not a fan of her styling for swimsuit, it does nothing for her. She is an elegant beauty, and young, she has to look more sophisticated and serene. Her look in evening gown is more polished and really works for her amazing frame, but again, was it enough? She brought drama and glamour to the stage, however I am a little underwhelmed as I expected more oomph. I still think she can make it all the way due to her striking facial beauty.

Image 12. MALAYSIA Image
Kiran Jassal
This girl is one to watch out for. I would really love to see Malaysia in the Top 3 this year. Although her performance was safe, it was very cohesive and consistent overall, I would say just enough to make her land in the semifinals. Moreover her beauty in motion is simply undeniable and enchanting. For me Kiran is blessed with the prettiest face in Asia due to her exotic features, charm and global appeal and that is her strongest weapon to go further in the competition. Malaysia has been ignored many times in the past despite sending competitive girls, but I think this is it for them, Kiran will make history for Malaysia, I feel her vibes.

Image 11. COLOMBIA Image
Andrea Tovar
From the beginning Andrea has been the one to beat. I suspect it has to do with Colombia's recent track record in Miss Universe, and being that she is something fresh and outside of the box for Colombia, we were all a little too excited. That being said, I just don't see this edition with Andrea missing the cut. Her performance might be rather amateurish and safe, but her spark and facial beauty is very hard to ignore on stage, plus she really exudes winner vibes to me, although not being equally as competitive as she was in nationals. I am sure her dress is better in person since I saw pictures and she actually looked great, but in motion she seems heavy and blends in the line-up, especially in swimsuit. Many pageant fanatics are disappointed, but I still have faith that she will be called as she has the beauty, personality, and star power to still maintain her front runner status.

Image 10. BRAZIL Image
Raissa Santana
Brazil has been waiting many years for a black delegate to grace the stage of Miss Universe after the gorgeous Deise Nunes de Souza back in 1986. Raissa is truly a spectacular woman as an overall. I might not be a fan of her muscular body, or harsh facial features, but she brings it when it matters and I don't underestimate her prowess as a performer. Her overall package and aura scream winner to me, and it's no surprise that prediction wise she is my winner, since she has all the qualities that I think will make the judges fall in love with her. Her look is a statement, she has been very relevant and consistent throughout the competition, and she possesses universal appeal. Moreover, a lot of people relate to her and her overall presence leaves an impact. Raissa may be a polarizing beauty, but she cemented her front runner status in the competition. Brazil will most likely continue their streak of placements.

Top 9

Image 9. PUERTO RICO Image
Brenda Azaria Jiménez
This girl has been very consistent and silently acing all areas of competition. Brenda is what I would call a silent killer. She has been flying under the radar and I think the same way she did in her national pageant, she will do here and go all the way as a pleasant surprise. Puerto Rico doesn't make it to my list since 2013 (Monic Marie Pérez). Brenda is polished, competitive and she has something that her predecessors that didn't place lacked, and that is called charisma. It comes naturally, it's not something that you can learn and that is why this girl is such a natural on stage and in front of the camera. Performance was solid on both rounds, her frame worries me a bit, but I have no doubt that she performed for a semifinalist spot! Whether she will place or not, I am still very proud and pleased with her overall performance since day one. My gut tells me she will go further than this.

Image 8. THAILAND Image
Chalita Suansane
Chalita is definitely a rising star in this year's competition and could potentially end up winning if she plays her card well. Her beauty is effervescent as the more you look at her, the more you can't stop staring at her gorgeous face in motion. She knows how to present herself in an impeccable manner looking always polished and ready for the final battle. She has been very consistent since she landed in Manila, and I can see her going further than this, however I am not a fan of short frames in beauty queens. Swimsuit will be her forte, and her face and winning aura is her biggest asset. As an overall, she solidified her front-runner status and I won't be shocked to see her wearing the crown as I think she is the best from Thailand in years.

Image 7. MEXICO Image
Kristal Silva
First and foremost she is definitely the sexiest contestant in this year's edition. So much sex appeal and her seductress movements on stage are just dynamite! Kristal is the best I have seen from Mexico since the ever gorgeous Ximena Navarrete. She has been consistent in everything, and always relevant and talked about. Her presence is simply imposing, and she knows how to project all the right things to the judges and audience. I don't get why people say her face is harsh, I find her very beautiful and piercing, she is just memorable in all aspects and leaves you wanting for more every time you see her.

Top 6

Image 6. INDONESIA Image
Kezia Warouw
I told you guys from the get go that this girl was something special. She is just sensational and really shows us how much she wants this. Despite her mishap at evening gown round, she handled herself in such dignified, confident manner that it is impossible to not notice her. I really get strong winner vibes since even before the arrivals from Kezia. For me, she has the overall package and look of a Miss Universe. She comes off very sweet, determined and authentic. Her smile says it all really, she has so much star quality and presence, it's truly a pleasure to see her.

Image 5. DOMINICAN REPUBLIC Image
Rosalba "Sal" Abreu García
Sal for me is the performer of the night! She doesn't have to pull out stunts to shine, her beauty and presence speak for itself. Out of all the girls, she for me has the most beautiful queenly frame, with such long beautiful neck, perfect hair, legs that go on for days and her refined beauty, which some find polarizing, but I heard she is SPECTACULAR in person. She towers over the rest of the girls being the clear stand out in the line-up and I can see her avenging Ada de la Cruz if she plays to win. I won't be surprised if she wins because she is very relatable, humble and has the correct attitude needed to succeed.

Image 4. FRANCE Image
Iris Mittenaere
For me I have to say that she is a pleasant surprise and a vision of glamour and elegance. I didn't care for her at first due to questionable candids, but she has redeemed herself right before my own eyes and truly looked impeccable. I believe she is among the Top 3 performers of the night and her overall aura is extremely queenly, she just screams Miss Universe from any angle. Her short frame for me is a little problematic, but I can deal with it when you take a look at the whole picture, she is very well packaged and prepared. Iris is truly spectacular, I'm glad she changed my mind. I do feel winner vibes from her, so she might be the next Miss Universe from Europe, and rightfully so! She is the head of Europe this year, BY A LANDSLIDE. France has been sending high caliber delegates year after year, and after Chloé Mortaud(2009) paved the way, this year might be it for France.

Top 3

Image 2nd runner up: PHILIPPINES Image
Maria Mika Maxine Medina
In a sea of expected gowns, Maxine dared to show us something out of the box, different and unexpected, and it worked wonders on stage. I don't get why people don't like it, I think she looked very beautiful in her green number and her facial beauty is her strongest weapon in all rounds, she looked exquisite and her confident expression lets you know she wants the crown. I just love how she comes out and with a very bright smile lights up the whole room, and her aura is that of a winner, you can feel it as it is overpowering on the stage. Maxine will make it due to her own merit as she has been solid in all areas and I won't be surprised if another back to back will happen tomorrow, she knows how to evoke that Miss Universe vibe so don't underestimate this girl, she has the strongest frame I've seen from a filipino in Miss Universe in years and it is unfair to say that she is a downgrade from Pia as they are totally opposite beauties.

Image 1st runner up: VENEZUELA Image
Mariam Habach Santucci
This is the perfect example for other girls with weak sashes that in order to be relevant, competitive, and emerge as a real contender, you will need more than just a pretty face. Mariam has emerged as a real threat after her spectacular, iconic, formidable performance. The stunt she pulled in the evening gown round, I was gagging, although I have seen it before, but never in the Miss Universe stage (correct me if I am wrong). Mariam knows how to work an audience, and she is daring, with very in your face confidence yet doesn't lose likability factor due to so much charisma and pizzazz. Being Miss Universe is a combination of qualities that Mariam fits the mold to perfection. She is loved by the media, by the fans, she has the attitude, presence, towering and imposing frame, and the overall look for me is just a testament to the force that is Venezuela in international beauty pageants due to rigorous training process. She has a chance to snatch the crown, but doesn't give me the winner aura personally, I might be a little biased cause I want Keysi Sayago to win next year, but I do think Mariam will fight until the end.

Image Miss Universe 2016: ARUBA Image
Charlene Leslie
Call me crazy, I don't care. At the end of the day, this is based on my taste, and for me, my girl deserves the crown! Don't you guys see the star power in this girl? SILENT KILLER. She has been so pleasant and consistent in my eyes. Her overall presence is just overpowering and impressive, with a serene quality about her that it's just a bomb combination. The way she glides on stage with so much class, elegance and sophisticated look, combined with regal bearing and towering presence, she is everything I like in a Miss Universe delegate and more. Her performance is SOLID on both rounds, she is a very consistent delegate and although doesn't possess the ideal face for many people, she is the one with the Miss Universe vibe for me. Charlene reminds me of glamazon girls from the 90's era that made it very far, she has that old school Miss Universe vibe I really like, it's like a mix of Desiree Lowry, Carolina Indriago and Minorka Mercado, ALL IN ONE! :-O She might not be the most popular, she might not have the sash factor, but she has many other GREAT qualities going on for her, and Charlene when you look at her is a queen in every sense of the word, head to toe perfection and impeccable overall package. I have faith that this Miss Universe edition will step out of the box and recognize the ones that really deserve it, like Charlene, my ultimate sentimental favorite and TOP CHOICE. You guys know I go hard for my favorites. :">

Last edited by UNO - God of Beauty on Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:17 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Excellence Seal
MY FINAL CHOICES FOR MISS UNIVERSE 2022:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1954551
valleriam
PAGEANT EXPERTS are MASTERS & PROFESSIONAL ANALYSTS of pageantry.

Date of Birth: 24 Jan 1988
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: HBIC
Hobbies/Interests: Beauty

Re: ~VALLERIAM's FINAL CHOICE MISS UNIVERSE 2016~

Postby Jake.Horan » Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:42 pm

Above everything else, I really like how you have Aruba as you winner and I completely agree with basically everything you mentioned about her. I don't have her as my winner, but only a fool would say her presentation was not spot on.

I thought you were hardcore Indonesia and gonna see it through til the end, but things change.

Enjoyed your review!
Jake.Horan

Date of Birth: 15 Dec 1990
Profession: Entourage Guy
Hobbies/Interests: Smart conversations

Postby Malkovich » Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:45 pm

Even though Charlene is just an alternate in my list, if she manages to take it all tomorrow night. I WILL GLADLY EAT MY WORDS AND JUMP UP AND DOWN WITH GLEE BECAUSE SHE IS SO BEAUTIFUL AND I HAVE TO WRITE IN CAPS BECAUSE I LOVE HER SO MUCH :hx :!!

Great list, wonderfully written as always kween :7
La sencillez es la clave de la elegancia :-*
Malkovich

Real Life Name/Nick: Jhan
Date of Birth: 04 Jul 1990
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual
Profession: Critic
Western Zodiac Sign: Leo
Chinese Zodiac: Monkey
Hobbies/Interests: Pageants

Postby Springfield » Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:57 pm

:=p :=p :=p :=p :=p :=p :=p Brave choices, but i like it!
The happiest people don't have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything they have.
I hate when my Ferrari runs out of fuel... & i have to use my Lamborghini
Springfield
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.

Real Life Name/Nick: dondon
Date of Birth: 30 Aug 1975
Profession: CARDIOLOGIST, INTERVENTIONAL CARDIOLOGIST
Western Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Chinese Zodiac: Rooster
Hobbies/Interests: Reading, travel, beaches, Mac & Apple, Gadgets

Postby Tsatsabi » Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:00 pm

Oh sis! >:) You and I will just never agree on anything. :%)) Malaysia the best face in Asia, really? #:-S

Anyway, the rest is perfect and your commentaries are spot on! I've always loved the sassiness in your threads and how you never follow the current. I like the idea of Aruba as Miss Universe, her performance was great; I told Stoichio the same things as both of you were bold enough to crown her. I like that risk, and it seems very plausible due to the new management! =c3
Madison Anderson
Tsatsabi

Real Life Name/Nick: Carolina
Date of Birth: 07 Jun 1987
Profession: Freelancer
Western Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Hobbies/Interests: Art & Photography

Postby danksa » Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:02 pm

The moment Aruba glides on stage in her SS, i said to myself, "this is the kind of aura i like to see in a Miss Universe!" She's just too perfect for me in both segments and her beauty, slender body and towering height are undeniably the best in this year's batch. No front runner can match her beauty and poise. She's the Miss Universe of 2016!!!!!! :!! :!! :!! :!!
Where can i send the Bench GC's so you can buy a decent underwear? Act of charity ko na s pagiging basher mo!!!
danksa
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.

Real Life Name/Nick: DAN
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 1979
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: EMPLOYED
Western Zodiac Sign: Libra
Chinese Zodiac: Snake
Hobbies/Interests: Interior designing/cooking

Postby France68 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:06 pm

I'm glad you changed your mind about France, cause I really like to read you since years... and I tried to explain you what she has! But now, I did not need to explain more. Tomorrow she'll be propulsed by adrenaline and will perform so well.. That's what she is, a performer.
France68
AMBASSADORS represent their country.

Real Life Name/Nick: Jordan
Date of Birth: 26 Jul 1995
Profession: Hairdresser
Chinese Zodiac: Pig
Hobbies/Interests: Beauty pageant

Postby Kelvin Joel » Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:11 pm

I LOVE YOURE CHOICES BUT I LOVE MORE HOW YOU DONT GIVE A f**k ABOUT WHAT PEOPLE THINCK ABOUT THEM AND YOURE WINNER YOU GO GIRL KEEP SLAYING >:) =;)) :hx =D>
Kelvin Joel

Real Life Name/Nick: Kelvin Joel
Date of Birth: 26 Jun 1989
Profession: Student, Dancer, Volley Ball Player ...
Western Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Hobbies/Interests: BEAUTY !!!

Postby Miss Universe 1000 B.C » Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:15 pm

Kelvin Joel wrote:I LOVE YOURE CHOICES BUT I LOVE MORE HOW YOU DONT GIVE A f**k ABOUT WHAT PEOPLE THINCK ABOUT THEM YOU GO GIRL KEEP SLAYING >:) =;)) :hx =D>

Locaaaaaaaaaaaaa...k taaaaaaal...si haces tu Beauty Expert list te devuelvo tu Beauty Expert tag :D/ tienes tiempo date prisa =D>
Miss Universe 1000 B.C
BEAUTY EXPERTS have very GOOD TASTE in beauty.

Real Life Name/Nick: SHAYNAH MARÍA HERRERA
Date of Birth: 20 Feb 1924
Profession: GODDESS OF BEAUTY
Western Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Hobbies/Interests: Beauty, Magic, Divination, Occultism, Mysticism

Postby TranniesRUs » Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:15 pm

Enjoyed reading your post.
TranniesRUs

Real Life Name/Nick: Stefie
Date of Birth: 30 Nov 1990
Sexual Orientation: Bicurious
Profession: Venezuelan tranny beauty trainer
Hobbies/Interests: Transforming trannies into queens

Postby MariaAndreina » Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:22 pm

Very bold winner indeed, did not see that one coming! :-O
I think Aruba's frame is very impressive and her presence is very magnetic. If you were to make a sketch out of her, her profile is definitely that of a Miss Universe. Facially speaking however, I think she is a middle class beauty at best.

Anyways, excellent review and commentaries as expected. Your expertise in beauty pageants never ceases to impress me!
Last edited by MariaAndreina on Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MariaAndreina

Real Life Name/Nick: Maria
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 2008
Profession: Student
Western Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Hobbies/Interests: Pageantry

Postby Kelvin Joel » Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:23 pm

Miss Universe 1000 B.C wrote:
Kelvin Joel wrote:I LOVE YOURE CHOICES BUT I LOVE MORE HOW YOU DONT GIVE A f**k ABOUT WHAT PEOPLE THINCK ABOUT THEM YOU GO GIRL KEEP SLAYING >:) =;)) :hx =D>

Locaaaaaaaaaaaaa...k taaaaaaal...si haces tu Beauty Expert list te devuelvo tu Beauty Expert tag :D/ tienes tiempo date prisa =D>

WEPAAAAAAAA ABUELAAAAAAA LO INTENTARE A VER SI ME DA TIEMPO :hx :)>-
Kelvin Joel

Real Life Name/Nick: Kelvin Joel
Profession: Student, Dancer, Volley Ball Player ...
Hobbies/Interests: BEAUTY !!!

Postby chenes » Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:43 pm

I'm a fan of Aruba! I'm so ecstatic to see that she is your winner! Brave choice! Kudos to you for this excellent thread!
chenes

Real Life Name/Nick: CK
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 1987
Profession: consultant
Hobbies/Interests: sports, beauty pageant, animation

Postby unbreakable » Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:49 pm

i had to go and check Aruba's Performance again :-D
During the swimsuit she looked totally normal , Eg : she performed better than colombia and Philippines ..

We have the same 1st and 2nd runner up :hx
unbreakable

Real Life Name/Nick: (-_-)
Date of Birth: 01 Nov 1993
Profession: SDSDAD
Western Zodiac Sign: Aries
Chinese Zodiac: Rat
Hobbies/Interests: Piano

Postby UNO - God of Beauty » Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:04 pm

Wow, 2/3

Aruba is a brave choice! Well she is indeed beautiful and her performance was spectacular. Underrated but she indeed was shining. Shes one of my favorites especially at the EG portion.

Well beautiful thread. Ill put this at the global announcement now!

UNO - God of Beauty

Real Life Name/Nick: Uno
Date of Birth: 13 Jun 1984
Profession: Airline Staff
Hobbies/Interests: surfin, travelin

Postby Chimaera » Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:11 pm

OMG!!! This is such a bold choice but I super like it!!!

I have Aruba, Colombia in my top 2. Still don't know who to put as 2nd RU....
Chimaera

Real Life Name/Nick: Amber
Date of Birth: 01 Apr 1984
Profession: None of your business
Hobbies/Interests: None of your business

Postby Gustavino » Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:13 pm

Nice read. =D> Very possible, then again, anything is, since we will never know what happens behind doors during interview segment.
Having said that, Aruba reminds me of a late 80's, 90's superstar contestant "a la" Minorka Mercado, and that is a very good thing. God only knows what IMG is looking for these days.
Thanks for sharing! :=p
Gustavino

Real Life Name/Nick: Gman
Date of Birth: 19 Jun 1962
Sexual Orientation: -----------
Profession: Journalist, model, host, designer
Hobbies/Interests: Fashion, arts, travelling

Postby Wojtek » Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:25 pm

First Indonesia, now Aruba.. you really want to kill me with your choices ;;)
Wojtek
TOP MODELS are BEAUTIFUL people.
TOP MODELS are BEAUTIFUL people.

Real Life Name/Nick: Wojtek
Date of Birth: 02 Jun 1991
Profession: Mr Missosology 2014
Hobbies/Interests: Photography, Music, Movies, Traveling

Postby vanilla_stud84 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:31 pm

Woohoo! I love to see that your miss universe is my fellow Antillean delegate.

Go Aruba!

>=p >=p >=p >=p
vanilla_stud84
PIONEERS are the most experienced members of Missosology.

Real Life Name/Nick: JC
Date of Birth: 25 Apr 1984
Profession: Globe Trotter
Western Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Hobbies/Interests: Architecture & Landscape Seeing

Postby sexydrew82 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:59 pm

Yes, I love ARUBA! And you're so fearless with your commentary! Amazing job! I would've put Aruba in my Top 20, as well. Her face is just Incredible and she has such a regal and elegant bearing. I love all your picks and we have similar taste, just would rearrange the order a little bit! Excellent review as always!
sexydrew82

Real Life Name/Nick: Andrew
Date of Birth: 14 Sep 1982
Chinese Zodiac: Dog
Hobbies/Interests: Pageantry, Singing, Dancing, Working out

Postby Agua Maldita » Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:11 am

Aruba :-O

8/12 Ukraine, Malaysia, Puerto Rico and Aruba are not on my list but I love your commentaries.

Here is mine. viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1342642
ImageImage
Agua Maldita
SUPER STARS are POPULAR or CHARISMATIC posters.
SUPER STARS are POPULAR or CHARISMATIC posters.

Real Life Name/Nick: Alyssa
Date of Birth: 12 Dec 1990
Profession: Missosology Royalty
Hobbies/Interests: Pageants. GTL. Beach, Travel.

Postby sunriseson » Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:15 am

I've been waiting for this Val... :7

Bold as usual... iconic..
sunriseson

Date of Birth: 03 Aug 2009
Sexual Orientation: Not sure
Profession: Ho
Hobbies/Interests: sleeping

Postby Qarlo » Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:54 am

FINALLY, CHARLENE HAS BEEN GETTING THE ATTENTION SHE DESERVES! LOVE READING REVIEWS FROM SOMEONE WHOSE PAGEANT PERSPECTIVE ROOTS BACK FROM THE 90S ERA WHICH I THINK WAS THE BEST ERA FOR RETRO PAGEANT JUNKIES LIKE MYSELF.
(click image)
Qarlo
ADMINS are OFFICIAL staffers of Missosology.
ADMINS are OFFICIAL staffers of Missosology.

Date of Birth: 06 Aug 1980
Profession: pet groomer
Chinese Zodiac: Monkey
Hobbies/Interests: cats & dogs
Message: The foundations of freedom are edged on solid ground.

Postby John Kevin » Sun Jan 29, 2017 2:07 am

Nena que arrastrada te diste haha me matas :7

I really missed reading your reviews, always fearles &
with no fucks to give hehe excellent review, you nailed it
as always, but you already knew that so... hahaha :-*
John Kevin

Real Life Name/Nick: Johnsito
Sexual Orientation: Not sure
Profession: Student
Hobbies/Interests: Volley Ball, Chatting, Beauty
Message: You laugh because Im different, I laugh because you bitches are all the same LOL'Z

Postby The Duchess » Sun Jan 29, 2017 2:33 am

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> Very good as usual, Val.

I must say that even though we have different placements I loved your commentaries and I have to admit the Aruba scenario is not as crazy as one might think. Spoken like a true Expert

We have like 10/13 (2 alternates + Malaysia which is not in my Top) so I guess we have similar taste
The Duchess

Date of Birth: 01 Sep 1995
Profession: Costume Design
Hobbies/Interests: Arts, Music, Literature

Postby Prissila » Sun Jan 29, 2017 2:53 am

As I said earlier Aruba gave me strong vibes and aura and her beauty&Smile also reminds me of 1st Miss Usa(miss Hawaii)but Aruba is prettier version! Still not a big fan of her beauty!Indonesia &Php better than Thailand? beauty body stage presence!Chalita is superior than them by a landslide!!also the gown!!Indonesia is ordinary girl who tried to sell innocent smiles &height!plain walk &in evening gown!!plain body!only tall!plus her team tried hard to copy anything from Thailand!photoshoot with flower!national costume same colour with crystal and same vid presentation!black evening gown with crystal!! but thailand change the gown!! :%)) they think they can do better than us!but failed hard!! look at their natcos!lacks original!Miss Universe not picked to make photo shoot!! [-X I'm so surprised u r not included Nicaragua in ur top 13 she is better than Malaysia Puertorico Indonesia by a landslide!!
Prissila
ENTERTAINERS are FUNNY people.
ENTERTAINERS are FUNNY people.

Date of Birth: 17 Apr 1981
Profession: God of beauty
Western Zodiac Sign: Aries
Chinese Zodiac: Rooster
Hobbies/Interests: Running Gym Beauty pageant

Postby The Duchess » Sun Jan 29, 2017 2:56 am

Prissila wrote:As I said earlier Aruba gave me strong vibes and aura and her beauty&Smile also reminds me of 1st Miss Usa(miss Hawaii)but Aruba is prettier version! Still not a big fan of her beauty!Indonesia &Php better than Thailand? beauty body stage presence!Chalita is superior than them by a landslide!!also the gown!!Indonesia is ordinary girl who tried to sell innocent smiles &height!plain walk &in evening gown!!plain body!only tall!plus her team tried hard to copy anything from Thailand!photoshoot with flower!national costume same colour with crystal and same vid presentation!black evening gown with crystal!! but thailand change the gown!! :%)) they think they can do better than us!but failed hard!! look at their natcos!lacks original!Miss Universe not picked to make photo shoot!! [-X I'm so surprised u r not included Nicaragua in ur top 13 she is better than Malaysia Puertorico Indonesia by a landslide!!

I am sorry but that gown was badd
The Duchess

Date of Birth: 01 Sep 1995
Profession: Costume Design
Hobbies/Interests: Arts, Music, Literature

Postby Stoichio » Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:20 am

This was exactly my reaction:
:-O :-O :-O :!! :!! :!! :-*

Happy to see another distinguished member putting Aruba as the winner.

Forget about the risk val. It's funny that many of us complain about same countries being called in the semis and yet we detest when someone takes a bold choice and call it a risk haha.

We all want a level playing field. Gone are the days of Trump favoritism era.

Stoichio

Date of Birth: 01 Jan 2011
Profession: Number 1
Hobbies/Interests: Nature tripping

Postby MOCHA » Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:20 am

OMG! I can't take! :-O :-O :-O

The most FEARLESS and BOLD list you have made since your inception as a pageant expert. *spills my soda 8-} * :-D So many underrated girls overpowering the front-runners in your list.

I studied Ukraine's face thoroughly in close-ups, in-motion, in-stills, and she's not a GODDESS! Only a high powered SUPER BEAUTY!

You have my 3 sentimental favorites there. I won't mention since I took a private oath! >:)

Fingers-crossed for an UNDERRATED NATION to win! [-O< [-O< [-O<
MOCHA

Date of Birth: 21 Dec 2008
Profession: Beauty Expert
Hobbies/Interests: Motherhood

Postby Burberry731 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:08 am

OMG, same exact Top 3! =c3 I posted mine over a week ago on the Official Prediction thread (page eight). Only edited it once after the prelims, but my Top 3 stayed exactly the same. Great minds think alike, I suppose? Heheh! <:-P
Last edited by Burberry731 on Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A total mutt with Filipino, Italian and Spanish lineage, but so damn proud of it!
Burberry731
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.

Real Life Name/Nick: Sal
Date of Birth: 31 Jul 2010
Profession: Proprietor-Mgmt Analyst
Hobbies/Interests: Travel, Music, Dance, Photography
Message: You're entitled to your opinion, but please respect mine!

Next

Return to Miss Universe