★ ♔ OFFICIAL THREAD MISS FRANCE 2017 ▬ ALICIA AYLIES ♔ ★

Re: ★ ♔ OFFICIAL THREAD MISS FRANCE 2017 ▬ ALICIA AYLIES ♔ ★

Postby Arduina » Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:12 pm

ldamiss wrote:
The.Apprentice wrote:Well, Stefania Fernandez (my fave Miss Universe ever) was really young and she won, but it was an other era. Now IMG wants something different, and Alicia is not a good speaker.
We knew that the moment she said she wanted to be a model during her final question in Miss France pageant (seriously???)

That gown is so fabulous and classy, might be even better than the one Iris wore. The white gown in her dark skin is amazing. But I agree, she's shy and the moment she opens her mouth we're done. I hope she places at least top 16

If she places top 16 it means she did well speaking to the prelim judges. I hope if she gets a further chance to "open her mouth" she'll shut yours.

Operating word being "if". Trust us, if even us French members are doubting her ...

Her final question at the Miss France finale was "If you could get one wish?" her answer .... "euh ... euh ....uhm .... I want to be a model".

Image TEAM FRANCE
Arduina
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.

Date of Birth: 03 Dec 1978
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: Quality System Manager
Western Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Hobbies/Interests: Pageantry

Postby the critic » Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:57 am

HER RUNNER UP AURORE OUTDID HER ON THE INTERNATIONAL STAGE.
the critic

Date of Birth: 26 Jul 1985
Sexual Orientation: -----------
Profession: Journalist
Hobbies/Interests: Beauty, fashion photography

Postby Arduina » Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:01 pm

Arduina wrote:As soon as she opens her mouth, we're doomed.
She's way too young, no real life experience whatsoever. I'm not saying she's dumb, just that she lacks substance.
Each time she speaks it's only "escrime escrime escrime mannequinat" ... IMHO this is not the kind of girl MUO is looking for and that's a shame because if she had been prepared as well as Iris (not incriminating the MFO here, I'm pretty sure Iris trained by herself a lot just reading international news and all) she would get better at talking.
See the little video she's made for the make-up brand sponsoring Miss Universe? "I've been told to tell you about this product blablabla" ... NO girl that's not it, you do not tell people you have to sell it, either you are convinced or you act so. THAT is what a model does, reality check sweety!

I feel like she's Hinarani 2.0 I can't help but feel disaster coming :'( And that's a shame because she's so freaking gorgeous! I REALLY hope I'll eat my words though.

Well ... saw it coming ...

Anyways, I spied Iris hugging her in the back of the stage while all girls were around Demi-Leigh, kinda à la Pia and Maxine in January.
Anyone has a picture of video of it?
Image TEAM FRANCE
Arduina

Postby Clayton » Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:53 pm

She deserved to place, ok there's a lot things to take in consideration for being in the top 16, but just based on beauty she deserved to place even if she wasn't that clever during the interview or idk, when I see that Croatia made the top 16, I just want to stop watching " beauty pageants " , croatia wasn't only fat she was very ugly, and what about sri lanka's body? Jamaica? Ireland? pfff :finger:
Clayton
Dark green members are SEMI-ACTIVE posters.

Real Life Name/Nick: Zéphyr
Date of Birth: 02 Dec 2000
Sexual Orientation: Gay
Profession: Law
Chinese Zodiac: Tiger
Hobbies/Interests: Being a D.I.V.A!

Postby Arduina » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:17 pm

Clayton wrote:She deserved to place, ok there's a lot things to take in consideration for being in the top 16, but just based on beauty she deserved to place even if she wasn't that clever during the interview or idk, when I see that Croatia made the top 16, I just want to stop watching " beauty pageants " , croatia wasn't only fat she was very ugly, and what about sri lanka's body? Jamaica? Ireland? pfff :finger:

Well maybe their body ain't that good but they're just able to speak for 1:30 minutes without reapeating 3 times the same word in their freaking native language ...
Image TEAM FRANCE
Arduina

Postby yellowyam1 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:58 pm

Clayton wrote:She deserved to place, ok there's a lot things to take in consideration for being in the top 16, but just based on beauty she deserved to place even if she wasn't that clever during the interview or idk, when I see that Croatia made the top 16, I just want to stop watching " beauty pageants " , croatia wasn't only fat she was very ugly, and what about sri lanka's body? Jamaica? Ireland? pfff :finger:

Don't come for Jamaica Jamaica was the star of the night with her gorgeous dark skin and fabulous Afro and amazing gown. Jamaica earn earn her spot. How many times have Jamaica been in the top 16 compare to France? France is power house compare to little Jamaica. You may not like Jamaica's beauty but that doesn't mean she isn't deserving of her spot. And Jamaica and France are very close. Jamaica said that she will be remains good friends with France she is a lovely girl. They spent a lot of time together at miss universe. So don't need so throw shade at my black stunning Barbie
yellowyam1
AMBASSADORS represent their country.

Real Life Name/Nick: nick
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 1982
Profession: manager
Western Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Chinese Zodiac: Dragon
Hobbies/Interests: watching beauty pageants

Postby Clayton » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:00 pm

yellowyam1 wrote:

Don't come for Jamaica Jamaica was the star of the night with her gorgeous dark skin and fabulous Afro and amazing gown. Jamaica earn earn her spot. How many times have Jamaica been in the top 16 compare to France? France is power house compare to little Jamaica. You may not like Jamaica's beauty but that doesn't mean she isn't deserving of her spot. And Jamaica and France are very close. Jamaica said that she will be remains good friends with France she is a lovely girl. They spent a lot of time together at miss universe. So don't need so throw shade at my black stunning Barbie

I talked about some bodies, and you can say what you want but your girl wasn't on point during the swimsuit round. but true not a good example, she rocked all the other rounds ahhaha
Clayton

Postby Arduina » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:27 pm

Image TEAM FRANCE
Arduina

Postby Arduina » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:27 pm

Image TEAM FRANCE
Arduina

Postby Clayton » Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:37 am

Arduina wrote:

Peplum's hairstyle? =b
Clayton

Postby yellowyam1 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:02 am

Clayton wrote:
yellowyam1 wrote:

I talked about some bodies, and you can say what you want but your girl wasn't on point during the swimsuit round. but true not a good example, she rocked all the other rounds ahhaha

her body wasn't the best which i was shocked because she was always in the gym back home in Jamaica, but she placed in SS because she was confident and worked it, after gown she was clearly ahead of the pack,
yellowyam1

Real Life Name/Nick: nick
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 1982
Profession: manager
Western Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Chinese Zodiac: Dragon
Hobbies/Interests: watching beauty pageants

Postby The.Apprentice » Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:21 pm

I feel kind of bad for her. I mean, she has THE face amongst all other Miss France winners in at least 20 years (hi Maeva Galanter! 8-> ), yet she has no recognition.
Her runner-up outdid her in Miss World, Sylvie didn't care much because Iris won a month after her crowning, Iris was everywhere (not her fault, she won so she deserved it), almost zero TV appearances and she had no preparation for Miss Universe.
You can see all the hatred towards Sylvie Tellier on Alicia's instagram coming from the followers. They really thought that was low and not nice from her to give Alicia such treatment this whole year. And the National Costume issue was the final problem.

Anyway, she is one of the most beautiful girls I have seen in Miss France pageant. She will do great things, but I guess being in the spotlight is not her thing. She will go back to her studies, get some life experience and work on her confidence, and she will do wonders in the future!
The.Apprentice
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.

Date of Birth: 13 May 1990
Sexual Orientation: -----------
Profession: Engineer

Postby Arduina » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:49 pm

I disagree on the "no-preparation" part.

There was a reportage on her, we saw her trying on gowns and working with Arnaud. THAT has always been the Miss France preparation. Nothing more.
What Iris got as extra preparation, she was the one requesting and agreeing to it. She was the one requesting being quizzed at the slightest occasion on Q&A, she was the one waking up at 5am every day to train, she was the one working on her English (and look at her progress after one year!).
We also saw Sylvie crying within the Miss Universe audience when Alicia failed to enter Top 16. She was saying "she's going to be so disappointed, she's going to be so sad", that was on the same reportage.

I'm sorry but no preparation can teach you what to say at the right moment if you don't have it in you.
Again, watch her videos, she does not know what to say, she's either severely struggling in English or not even trying. She's not that brilliant in French. I can't with her Miss Universe intro video "afin de devenir mannequin euh afin de devenir une femme sûre d'elle afin d'être heureuse", like ... really? ~X( ~X(

Alicia has been nothing but "I want to become a model" all year long, Miss Universe concentration included. Even Iris told her she HAD to work on her English when she came to have a photo shoot with her in New York, remember their facebook live? I felt so bad for Alicia that day, Iris didn't know what to do to make her feel more at ease ... She has no concrete project. So ok, this is not Miss World but a tiny bit of substance? She should have emphasize more on her work with children through fencing, that took like 2 seconds in her introduction video. I quote "fencing gave me values that made the woman I am today". What values? Develop your point girl!

As for TV, well she had the usual Miss France tour : media tour on her first month (with NO Iris who was crowned Miss Universe 1 month later!!!), Fort Boyard, Ninja Warrior, Arthur Friday Show, local galas, Vitality's photo shoot, Festina, Corine de Farme ... She had her homecoming to Guyane, that was documented on tv. ...
So yeah, she hasn't gone to Vietnam or China. Whose fault? I don't think it is in Sylvie's interest to bury her annual source of income. Iris's fame certainly benefited the MFO but much more the MUO, that's the whole point to becoming Miss Universe.

I don't think she's been hidden by Sylvie. I believe she was just less successful than the other girls.

I also have to add that a lot of people from Guyane were highly annoying, commenting her every step, as if she were a Goddess gracing Earth. So yes, the girl is freaking gorgeous but for God's Sake people, learn how to be humble and unbiased! Each time she opens her mouth the only points getting through are : fresh, young, inexperienced, loves fencing, wants to be a model.

She's struggling in French! OF COURSE she would not impress even as gorgeous as she is. She's the very first Miss France who made 0 progress during her year. And again, I don't buy the "she had less tv shows" or whatever than the other girls. She had the signing sessions with Julien D'Orcel, Vitality, Peugeot ... and every damn sponsors Miss France Organization has.

I feel sorry for her because it seems she was so sure she'd place (at least in top 16, I'm not talking about a runner-up placement) that she did not try. I've said it one week before the finale, this was an incoming disaster à la Hinarani 2.0 .
Image TEAM FRANCE
Arduina

Previous

Return to Miss Universe