Miss South Africa 1956-2016 (incl. all MW & Miss Universe [since 1998])

Re: Miss South Africa 1956-2016

Postby Lanelk » Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:45 pm

Miss South Africa 2014
1. Rolene Strauss- Miss South Africa 2014(1) and Miss World 2014
2. Ziphozakhe Zokufa - Miss South Africa 2014(2) and represented South Africa at Miss Universe 2014 (unplaced)
3. Matlala Mokoko

Top 5
Anzel Stofberg,
Tidimalo Sehlako

Finalists
Abigail De Jager - Miss Congeniality
Caylene Marais
Dipalesa Mbola
Jade Hubner
Julia Petersen
Mishka Patel
Tshegofatso Monggae

Rolene Strauss crowned Miss SA 2014- http://mg.co.za/article/2014-03-30-role ... frica-2014
Rhodé Marshall 30 Mar 2014 20:08
Medical student Rolene Strauss was on Sunday crowned the new Miss South Africa.
The 21-year-old who hails from Volksrust in Mpumalanga but currently lives in Bloemfontein was one of the favourite contenders in the pageant.
In her acceptance speech, Strauss said: "Oh, how I love South Africa! I can live, speak, learn and love freely. My dreams are developed and become reality here. Our country is my pride and my purpose has and will always lie within it."
Strauss won money, a car and products valued at more than R1.3-million. She also gets thousands of rands in cash and study bursaries to award to South Africans that she meets during her reign. Cellular company Cell C is also giving her access to R200 000 to spend on random acts of kindness.
Ziphozakhe Zokufa from the Eastern Cape came in as first princess and Matlala Mokoko from Limpopo second princess.
Miss South Africa 2012, Marilyn Ramos handed over the crown created by Jack Friedman Jewellers to the new queen on Sunday night.
The modern platinum crown named Palesa (flower in Sesotho) was designed from platinum by the Jack Friedman team as well as pageant designer Malcolm Kluk using inspiration taken from the natural beauty of indigenous South African flowers and traditional patterns.
Palesa was created to match the new look and revamped Miss SA pageant.

Tough questions
The top five contestants – Zokufa, Anzel Stofberg, Rolene Strauss, Tidimalo Sehlako and Mokoko – were asked questions by the panel of judges. Strauss was asked her thoughts on negative reactions towards the swimsuit component of beauty pageants by magazine editor and judge Kojo Baffoe to which she answered: “As women we are comfortable in our skin and proud of ourselves therefore we don’t have to shy away from being proud of our bodies. We are African women. Be comfortable in your own skin.”
Nineteen-year-old Abigail De Jager from Nelspruit, Mpumalanga was named miss congeniality.
Ziphozakhe Zokufa, Rolene Strauss and Abigail De Jager were favourites on Twitter and trended along with Melinda Bam during the broadcast which was live on Mzansi Magic and hosted by Elana Afrika-Bredenkamp.
Guests and viewers at home were entertained with performances by Mi Casa, Matthew Mole and Bucie.
The judging panel was made up of Anele Mdoda, Kojo Baffoe, Bonang Matheba, Amy Kleinhans-Curd and Pnina Fenster.

Inspired by Professor Jansen
Earlier during the competition when asked why Strauss wants to be Miss SA and what she thinks she would be able to bring to the role she said: "When someone says 'South Africa' I get goose bumps. I have this fire of passion burning inside of me for our country. The opportunities I have received have made me who I am today and I’ve realised that there is so much to give; to our country and our people.”
Strauss says she finds inspiration from Professor Jonathan Jansen, the rector of the University of the Free State where she is a student. "He is not afraid to stand for what he believes in, he loves what he does and gives of himself to his students. I can testify that he wants the best for his students and supports them in all they do. We can all learn from Professor Jansen. Love what you do, stay humble and let the light shine on others."
Pretoria beauty Marilyn Ramos has been wearing the crown since 2012 and has enjoyed one of the longest reigns in the history of Miss SA.
Last year Sun International, the owners of the beauty pageant, said that the decision came as part of an extensive makeover for the beauty title.
“It made huge sense to move the pageant from December to March. It allows the title holder to compete internationally at the Miss World and Miss Universe pageants, which are typically held during the last two months in the year of their reign,” said Sue Klerck of Sun International.
“Also in previous years, our current title holder has been away competing internationally and was unable to attend the pageant to hand over the crown to the new Miss South Africa.”
The 2011 runner-up Remona Moodley handed over the filigree silver and Swarovski crystal crown to Ramos in December 2012 when Melinda Bam, Miss South Africa 2011, was in the US to compete in the Miss Universe finals.
Bam is currently the National Executive of Miss South Africa Pty Ltd, making her part of the organising team.

HERE’S WHY ZIPHOZAKHE ZOKUFA IS OUR NEW MISS SOUTH AFRICA 2014
Being first princess means that, at any moment, you must be poised to assume the duties that come with the title of Miss South Africa. So it was that first princess Ziphozakhe Zokufa accepted the crown of Miss South Africa 2014, after reigning Miss SA Rolene Strauss blew the judges away at the Miss World 2014 grand finale held in London and won (much to the delight of South Africans everywhere).
Psst: Here are 10 Things You Might Not Know About Ziphozakhe Zokufa.
There's been a bit of confusion over Zipho's recent crowning as the new official Miss South Africa in a ceremony held at The Maslow Hotel in Sandton recently. It's not overly complicated…
UNDERSTANDING THE RULES FOR MISS SOUTH AFRICA, MISS WORLD AND MISS UNIVERSE
Former Miss South Africa 2014, Rolene Strauss, is now Miss World 2014. Former First Princess of Miss South Africa 2014, Ziphozakhe Zokufa, is now Miss South Africa 2014.
The Miss South Africa pageant rules state that the "rules of the Miss Universe and Miss World pageants are applicable to all Miss SA entrants". Meaning, if you win Miss World, and the rules for the Miss World pageant require you to set aside your national title to assume your duties as a global ambassador, then that's what you'll do.
It also makes sense that Rolene can't hold the titles of Miss World and Miss Universe at the same time – how would she ever find the time to fulfill all the duties of both – so Zipho will be taking Rolene's place at the Miss Universe pageant in early 2015 in Miami, USA.
Wouldn't it be amazing if we had a Miss World and a Miss Universe, both from South Africa, in the same year?
MISS SOUTH AFRICA 2014 ZIPHOZAKHE ZOKUFA WILL COMPETE IN MISS UNIVERSE
Zipho will hold the title of Miss South Africa 2014 until the pageant finale, happening at Sun City on 29 March, where a new queen for 2015 will be crowned.
In the meantime, she's set her sights on Miss Universe. 23 year old Zipho, who was modeling in Hong Kong when she got the call that she needed to come home to South Africa to take over her duties, will be in a whirlwind of preparation for the competition. She is one of 88 Miss Universe contestants.
She touches down in Miami in early January, where she'll take place in a number of pre-pageant activities, the preliminary competition, the national costume competition, and the grand finale happening on 25 January 2015.

Miss South Africa 2014 Ziphozakhe Zokufa to compete in Miss Universe- http://www.misssa.co.za/news/miss-south ... -universe/
On 09 Jan 2015
Miss South Africa Ziphozakhe Zokufa left South Africa this week for Miami where she is representing her country at the 63rd Miss Universe Pageant on January 25.
Zokufa, a 23-year-old model and TV production student from Port Elizabeth, was crowned the new Miss South Africa in December after Rolene Strauss won the Miss World title in London. Zokufa was her first princess.
Zokufa will be representing South Africa against 90 other countries in the competition which is watched worldwide by more than one-billion people.
At the pageant, she will wear two gowns – the national costume designed by Gregg Maragelis from the CTCFD and the finale gown – created by top South African designer Gert Johan Coetzee
Zokufa is fully prepared for Miss Universe and carries the good wishes of all South Africans as she embarks on an exciting new chapter in her life. “I have been looking forward to this event from the moment of my crowning and will carry the Miss South Africa title with pride. I not only represent myself but also the entire country. I trust I will make every South African proud.”
The Miss South Africa licence holders, Sun International, and sponsor Cell C, considered a major media event on December 17 to be a combined crowning and farewell because of the lack of time available before her departure for Miami.
Sun International PR Manager, Claudia Henkel, said: “We believe her crowning was a highpoint and Ziphozakhe, from the moment she was crowned, embarked on a 24/7 schedule to prepare for Miss Universe, including photo shoots, interviews, video shoots and fittings. I am confident that she will make us proud, she is incredibly determined, beautiful and confident, considering the limited time she had to prepare.”
“It would be a wonderful achievement should Ziphozakhe win Miss Universe 2014/2015, a truly remarkable celebration for our nation.”

Rolene Strauss- Miss World 2014
Ziphozakhe Zokufa at Miss Universe 2014
Miss South Africa in Bonang’s R80 000 Dress?- http://www.publicnewshub.com/miss-south ... 000-dress/
Miss South Africa, Ziphozakhe Zokufa, has been accused of ‘stealing’ Bonang Matheba’s designer dress.
During the 2014 version of the MTV Music Africa Awards which were held in Durban, the popular South African disc jockey and television presenter, Matheba, wore a designer dress that was very stunning and which, while revealing of the right and discreet proportions of her magnificent body, was also sombre and graceful in its length. As, perhaps anticipated, it brought her much admiration and attention from the media and colleagues alike. Recently, the reigning Miss South Africa, Ziphozakhe Zokufa, has been spotted wearing the same dress in Miami.
Ziphozakhe Zokufa was originally the first princess and was elevated to take up the Miss SA crown after Rolene Strauss, who had originally won the tittle, won Miss World in London. At the moment Ziphozakhe is in the United States of America where she will be representing South Africa at the 63rd Miss Universe pageant on the 25th of January. She recently attended a dinner party in Miami, the host city, where she was seen wearing the gown in question, which is estimated to have cost in the region of R80 000.
In addition, in a recent social media posting, Ziphozakhe wrote, “Thank you ever so much @gertjohancoetzee for this amazingly beautiful gown.” In response to the veiled accusations, the designer of the dress, Gert-Johan Coetzee said: “It’s not about who wore it better, it’s about showing the world what we’re made of. That is an archive dress, and one of the best dresses I’ve made. We fitted many dresses on her and that one fit her so well.” She is said to have needed a team of twelve to come up with the two dresses that Zokufa will wear on the twenty fifth.
No comment has, however been forthcoming from Bonang Matheba or her publicity team.
But Rolene has also wore it

married to D'Niel Strauss 2016

Last edited by Lanelk on Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lanelk
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.

Real Life Name/Nick: ??????????
Date of Birth: 01 Jan 1914
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: none
Hobbies/Interests: reading

Postby Lanelk » Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:56 pm

Miss South Africa 2015
Miss South Africa Liesl Laurie flanked by her princesses Refilwe Mthimunye and Ntsiki Mkhize
Miss South Africa 2015 Top 5 finalists
Winner: Liesl Laurie- Miss South Africa 2015 and Top 11 and Queen of Africa at Miss World 2015
2nd: Refilwe Mthimunye- Top 15 at Miss Universe 2015
3rd: Ntsiki Mkhize

Top 5
Nicole Lamberts
Sihle Makhanya

Finalists
Shané Naidoo
Busi Mahlangu
Chanelle Sardinha
Danelle de Wet
Gugulethu Banda
Kim Wentzel
Taryn Morris

Refilwe Mthimunye - Top 15 at Miss Universe 2015
Liesl Laurie- Top 11 and Queen of Africa at Miss World 2015
Last edited by Lanelk on Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lanelk

Postby Lanelk » Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:11 pm

Miss South Africa 2016

Miss South Africa Ntandoyenkosi Kunene with runner-ups Elizabeth Molapo & Tayla Skye Robinson.

1. Ntandoyenkosi Kunene - Miss South Africa 2016 - represented South Africa at both Miss World 2016 and Miss Universe 2016- but did not place.
2. Elizabeth Molapo
3.Tayla Skye Robinson

Top 5
Sarah Botes
Sharon-Rose Khumalo

MISS SOUTH AFRICA 2016 FINALISTS - (in alphabetical order of first names)

ELIZABETH MOLAPO – BLOEMFONTEIN, FREE STATE (Runner-up)
Occupation: I am a BCom Economics student at the University of the Free State in my final year. I am also a model, MC and public speaker.

FELICIA MUWAYI – NELSPRUIT, MPUMALANGA

LUYOLO MNGONYAMA – UMTATA, EASTERN CAPE. - 2nd runner-up Miss Africa Calabar 2017
Occupation: 3rd year student in Bachelor of Arts (major in Psychology and Sociology), interviewer at TB & HIV Care Association

MARCIEL HOPKINS – PAARL, CAPE TOWN, WESTERN CAPE

MIKAELA OOSTHUIZEN – PORT ELIZABETH, EASTERN CAPE
Occupation: Second year BA Media Communications and Culture (Vice Chancellor’s Student) at the NMMU.

NTANDOYENKOSI KUNENE – MKHONDO, MPUMALANGA (winner)

REABETSWE SECHOARO – PRETORIA EAST, GAUTENG - Miss International South Africa 2018
Occupation: I am a second year BCom Accounting Science student and a model with ICE Models.

RONETTE CHAMBERS – CAMPS BAY, CAPE TOWN, WESTERN CAPE
Occupation: International television presenter (co-host of The Capgemini Super Techies Show season 3 Mumbai India/Paris, France); founding director at Touch Of Life International Foundation, an NPO that serves as medical aid for disabled, vulnerable and orphaned children. Second year BCom Law UNISA

SARAH BOTES – VANDERBIJLPARK, GAUTENG
Occupation: I am currently completing my BCom Honours degree in Industrial Psychology at the University of South Africa.

SCHANÉ VENTER – ALBERTON, GAUTENG

SHARON-ROSE KHUMALO – PRETORIA, GAUTENG -Miss Mamelodi Sundowns 2016/2017

TAYLA SKYE ROBINSON – ROODEPORT, JOHANNESBURG, GAUTENG - also Queen of South Africa 2017 (or Miss International South Africa 2017) (Top 15 Miss International 2017)
Occupation: Honours student in marketing at the University of Pretoria and a ballet teacher

Ntandoyenkosi Kunene at Miss Universe 2016
Ntandoyenkosi Kunene at Miss World 2016, with the winner Stephanie Del Valle

Ntandoyenkosi Kunene's Husband: Idols SA winner Khaya Mthethwa (Got married on 2 December 2017)
Last edited by Lanelk on Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lanelk

Re: Miss South Africa 1956-2017

Postby Lanelk » Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:06 pm

Miss South Africa 2017 finalists

Boipelo Mabe

Priyeshka Lutchman

Demi-Leigh Nel-Peters

Nompumelelo Mampholo

Adè van Heerden

Shanè Naidoo

Kayla Malherbe

Iman Mkwanazi

Shelbe Pretorius

Yuta Raubenheimer

Odirile Sepeng

Nicole van Niekerk
Last edited by Lanelk on Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lanelk

Re: Miss South Africa 1956-2018

Postby Lanelk » Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:23 pm

Miss South Africa 2017
Demi-Leigh Nel-Peters

After Demi-Legh was crowned Miss Universe 2017, the runner-up , Adé van Heerden was crowned as Miss South Africa 2017. She competed at Miss World 2017, where she was placed under the Top Ten and was a joint winner of BWAP
Last edited by Lanelk on Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lanelk

Re: Miss South Africa 1956-2016 (incl. all MW & Miss Univers

Postby Lanelk » Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:58 pm

Wilma van der Bijl (Miss South Africa 1987 ), Anneline Kriel (Miss South Africa 1974 & Miss World 1974), Margaret Gardiner (Miss RSA 1978 & Miss Universe 1978), Karen Sickel (Miss South Africa 1979), Yolanda Kloppers (Miss South Africa 1978) and Veronica Wilson (Miss RSA 1979 - Top 12 Miss Universe) at Miss South Africa 2018 reunion.
Wilma, Karen and Yolanda were not allowed to compete at Miss World, due to the banning of South Africa during the Apartheid-years. All been wasted due to politicians!
Lanelk

Postby Lanelk » Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:34 pm

Miss South Africa 2018

For the first time ever....A Miss World - South Africa and Miss Universe South Africa were chosen to represent South Africa at the respective pageants during 2018.

Tamaryn Green (Miss Universe South Africa 2018) was also crowned as the overall Miss South Africa 2018.

Thulisa Keyi (Miss World South Africa 2018)

Finalists:
The top 12 come from six of the country's nine provinces - five from Gauteng, two from KwaZulu Natal and the Eastern Cape respectively and one each from the Free State, Mpumalanga, and the Western Cape.
1. Akile Khoza (23) from Bushbuckridge, Mpumalanga who is studying for her Masters in neuroscience at Stellenbosch University.
2. Anzelle van Staden (25), from Centurion in Gauteng, has a BComm degree from the University of Pretoria and is currently a full-time model.
3. Bryoni Govender (21), from Kempton Park in Gauteng, is a third year LLB student at the University of Johannesburg.
4. Daniellë de Jager (20) from Benoni, Gauteng, is currently studying biokinetics at the Nelson Mandela University in Port Elizabeth.
5. Karishma Ramdev (23), from Chatsworth in KZN, is a fifth-year medical student at the University of Pretoria.
6. Margo Fargo (25), originally from Heidedal in the Free State, has a BSc consumer sciences honours degree and is a co-founder of a NPO.
7. Noxolo Ndebele (24), from KwaNongoma in KZN, has a BComm Acc degree and worked as a financial controller.
8. Tamarin Bensch (25), originally from Bedfordview in Gauteng but now living in Somerset West, works in property management and interior renovations.
9. Tamaryn Green (23), from Paarl in the Western Cape, is in her final year of medicine at the University of Cape Town.
10. Thandokazi Mfundisi (23), from East London in the Eastern Cape, is a final year LLB student at Fort Hare.
11. Tharina Botes (21), from Roodepoort in Gauteng, is a first year BComm marketing and business degree student at Damelin and a part-time model.
12. Thulisa Keyi (26), originally from East London and who now lives in Gauteng, is currently doing her articles after graduating from the University of Cape Town.
Lanelk

Postby Lanelk » Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:20 pm

26 Miss South Africa winners in one picture during the 60th Miss South Africa competition festival in 2018

Front row: Suzette van der Merwe (Miss SA 1990), Kerishnie Naicker (Miss SA 1997), Demi-Leigh Nel-Peters (Miss SA 2017- became Miss Universe 2017), Adele Kruger (Miss SA 1957), Yvonne Ficker (Miss SA 1962), Diana Tilden-Davis (Miss SA 1991), Joan Ramagoshi (Miss SA 2003) & Tansey Coetzee (Miss SA 2007).

Middle row: Megan Coleman (Miss SA 2006), Marilyn Ramos (Miss SA 2012-13), Adé van Heerden (Miss SA 2017(2)- took over from Demi-Leigh, when she was crowned Miss Universe 2017), Amy Kleinhans (Miss SA 1992), Ntandoyenkosi Kunene (Miss SA 2016), Liesl Laurie(Miss SA 2015), Heather Joy Hamilton (Miss SA 1999).

Back row: Karen Sickel (Miss SA 1979), Margaret Gardiner (Miss RSA 1978), Linda Phillips (Miss SA 1981), Yolanda Kloppers (Miss SA 1978), Claudia Henkel (Miss SA 2004), Sandra de Meyer (Miss RSA 1982), Lorna Potgieter (Miss SA 1984), Tatum Keshwar (Miss SA 2008), Odette Scrooby (Miss SA 1982), Bokang Montjane (Miss SA 2010) & Vanessa Carreira (Miss SA 2001).
Lanelk

Postby Lanelk » Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:33 pm

33 former Miss South Africa's
Lanelk

Postby Lanelk » Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:35 pm

Miss Universe- South Africa 2018 is the runner-up in Miss Universe 2018

Tamaryn Green!
Lanelk

Previous

Return to Miss Universe