PART III: PHILIPPINES' ACHIEVEMENTS IN 2010s

Forum rules
Welcome to Missosology! RULES: Freedom of speech allowed but 1. NO CROSSING LIMITS AS DIRECT RACIST REMARKS, NUDE OR VIOLENT PICS. 2. NO SPAMMING/FLOODING 3. NO ADVERTISING 4. NO BLACKMAILING/VIOLATING/DIVULGING PRIVACY/personal infos of members as posting their real life pic/real life name without their consent. 5. NO AVENGING/ATTACKING MEMBERS ON THEIR PHYSICAL LOOKS 6. NO REPUTATION BUTTON ABUSE. Any question, feel free to post in the Help Desk section till a Moderator/Admin responds. HAVE FUN!

Re: PART II: PHILIPPINES' ACHIEVEMENT IN 2010s

Postby beautywatchnyc » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:00 pm

Iknowbeauty wrote:Very interesting read. :)>-

But Australia won all 3 major titles in one year all the way back in 1972 and India did it again in 2000 when India won Universe, World, and Asia Pacific in one year. That makes Philippines the third country to do so not the only.

I am looking forward to your Big 5 Asian winners in the past 10 years. :=p

Big 5, is Miss Asia Pacific counted in?

beautywatchnyc
VIP MEMBERS are REAL LIFE candidates or PAGEANT ORGANIZERS.

Location: New York City (former) now residing in the Royal Borough of Kensington & Chelsea, SW5
Real Life Name/Nick: david
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 2008
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: HR Consultancy, Professional Cooking
Western Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Chinese Zodiac: Horse
Hobbies/Interests: Surfing D Net Cooking Travel Reading Pho2graphy

Postby Iknowbeauty » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:21 pm

beautywatchnyc wrote:

But Australia won all 3 major titles in one year all the way back in 1972 and India did it again in 2000 when India won Universe, World, and Asia Pacific in one year. That makes Philippines the third country to do so not the only.

Well keep in mind Supra and Earth didn't exist back then making pageants like Asia Pacific equivalent to the Miss Supra and Miss Earth of today I guess. :=p Many national pageants sent their runner ups there including Femina Miss India.

I forgot to mention Australia also won Universe, World, and Asia Pacific in 1972 making them the first to win 3 major crowns in a year.
Last edited by Iknowbeauty on Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Iknowbeauty
AMBASSADORS represent their country.

Date of Birth: 15 Oct 2015
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: student
Western Zodiac Sign: Libra
Chinese Zodiac: Dog
Hobbies/Interests: Pageants

Postby sharronstoned » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:29 pm

Interesting and informative read! :=p
sharronstoned
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.

Real Life Name/Nick: Sharron
Date of Birth: 18 Mar 1988
Profession: Actor
Western Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Hobbies/Interests: Stripping

Postby lesham » Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:51 am

Thanks Iknowbeauty. You're correct. Philippines is the third country to win three crowns in a year, but I only focused on Misso's concept of Big 5 that why the Philippines is the only country to win three of five major pageants.

I might start doing the next issue as soon as possible. I've been focusing on my country in my last three posts, so I will try to write something with a bigger scope. :-P
Thank you FunX3 for this amazing collage!
ALPHA OF 2010s
MW-2013
MU-1969,1973,2015,2018
MI-1964,1970,1979,2005,2013,2016
ME-2008,2014,2015,2017
MS- 2013
MIC- 2018, 2021
lesham
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.

Real Life Name/Nick: Lesham
Date of Birth: 22 Nov 1997
Profession: Student
Western Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Chinese Zodiac: Ox

Postby blazingskyx27 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:57 am

Thanks lesham for a very entertaining and informative thread. It is a joy to read and worth my time reading in a beautiful Sunday morning. :-D :-D :-D :-D
I dream that someday our Phil queens will win all the 4 or 5 Big pageants in a single calendar year. That will be awesome. Not even Venezuela or USA has accomplished that kind of feat.It is a gargantuan task to make it happen in this lifetime. But for me, anything is possible, as long as we support our reps till the end, no matter what. =c3 =c3 =c3
blazingskyx27

Real Life Name/Nick: andy
Date of Birth: 25 Mar 1977
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual
Profession: pop culture observer/ writer
Chinese Zodiac: Snake
Hobbies/Interests: net surfing, writing, going to the gym

Postby swasti1678 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:15 am

Very nice thread. and I liked the filters you used on the pictures. Ultra glamorous. :-*

Megan, Pia, Mutya - My all-time favorite Filipino queens. Hands down to their beauty. :=p

I have a feeling that Philippines will win Miss World very soon again. Consistent performance will be continuing in Miss Universe as well. If Catriona joins, who knows maybe a crown. I don't want them to win Miss Earth in the next 5 years. Give others a chance, please.
swasti1678

Real Life Name/Nick: Swasthika
Date of Birth: 10 Jul 1989
Profession: IT Professional
Hobbies/Interests: Singing

Postby hauteegirl » Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:28 am

Asia Pacific is not at the same league as Miss U, W, I. Miss Asia Pacific was only regional and not a global pageant. Even before India won in 2000. It was only in 2005 that Miss Asia Pacific became International and all countries in global scale can join the pageant. By way of thinking that Femina sends runner up to Asia-Pacific became a major pageant. =;)) So many runners up in the Philippines that was sent in minor pageants and even won but we know what the major pageants are.
:%))
Last edited by hauteegirl on Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
hauteegirl

Real Life Name/Nick: Queen
Date of Birth: 14 Jan 2008
Profession: beauty queen
Hobbies/Interests: exotic plants hobbyist

Postby hauteegirl » Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:30 am

Iknowbeauty wrote:
beautywatchnyc wrote:

Well keep in mind Supra and Earth didn't exist back then making pageants like Asia Pacific equivalent to the Miss Supra and Miss Earth of today I guess. :=p Many national pageants sent their runner ups there including Femina Miss India.

I forgot to mention Australia also won Universe, World, and Asia Pacific in 1972 making them the first to win 3 major crowns in a year.

You're the only one who consider Miss Asia Pacific as a major pageant. It's originated in the Philippines and we always consider it as a regional pageant. Can u tell me how many participants that year when India won in 2000? I do believe tho that you just wanna push India way too much. Why don't u create your own and praise India. :%))
Last edited by hauteegirl on Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
hauteegirl

Postby ajsy0203 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:32 am

Coincidence: 3 wins in a decade for the Philippines including the back to back wins

Miss Asia (Pacific) Quest
1982-1983 back to back victory; 1989

Miss Tourism International
2012-2013 back to back victory; 2017

Miss Earth
2014-2015 back to back victory; 2017
ajsy0203
PAGEANT HISTORIANS are walking encyclopedias of pageantry.
PAGEANT HISTORIANS are walking encyclopedias of pageantry.

Real Life Name/Nick: AJ
Date of Birth: 05 Sep 1986
Profession: Office Staff
Western Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Chinese Zodiac: Tiger
Hobbies/Interests: Teaching

Postby lesham » Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:27 am

blazingskyx27 wrote:Thanks lesham for a very entertaining and informative thread. It is a joy to read and worth my time reading in a beautiful Sunday morning. :-D :-D :-D :-D
I dream that someday our Phil queens will win all the 4 or 5 Big pageants in a single calendar year. That will be awesome. Not even Venezuela or USA has accomplished that kind of feat.It is a gargantuan task to make it happen in this lifetime. But for me, anything is possible, as long as we support our reps till the end, no matter what. =c3 =c3 =c3

Thank you blazingsky! >:D< >:D< :hx :hx Well, the dream of winning all Big 5 crowns may seem far-fetch, but it may happen with the right girls, right training, and right time. Who knows, we might be able to witness that feat in the near future. :hx
ALPHA OF 2010s
MW-2013
MU-1969,1973,2015,2018
ME-2008,2014,2015,2017
MS- 2013
MIC- 2018, 2021
lesham

Postby lesham » Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:30 am

swasti1678 wrote: Very nice thread. and I liked the filters you used on the pictures. Ultra glamorous. :-*

Megan, Pia, Mutya - My all-time favorite Filipino queens. Hands down to their beauty. :=p

I have a feeling that Philippines will win Miss World very soon again. Consistent performance will be continuing in Miss Universe as well. If Catriona joins, who knows maybe a crown. I don't want them to win Miss Earth in the next 5 years. Give others a chance, please.

Thank you swasti that you liked my thread especially the filters! :-O :-O :hx :hx Regarding Miss Earth, it would be refreshing to see other countries specifically weaker sashes winning it. The crowns we are hoping for now are Miss Supranational, Miss Universe, and Miss World. I hope we could win another blue crown before the end of this decade. :hx
ALPHA OF 2010s
MW-2013
MU-1969,1973,2015,2018
ME-2008,2014,2015,2017
MS- 2013
MIC- 2018, 2021
lesham

Postby lesham » Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:31 am

sharronstoned wrote:Interesting and informative read! :=p

Thanks sharron! :hx :hx
ALPHA OF 2010s
MW-2013
MU-1969,1973,2015,2018
ME-2008,2014,2015,2017
MS- 2013
MIC- 2018, 2021
lesham

Postby Iknowbeauty » Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:07 am

hauteegirl wrote:
Iknowbeauty wrote:
beautywatchnyc wrote:

You're the only one who consider Miss Asia Pacific as a major pageant. It's originated in the Philippines and we always consider it as a regional pageant. Can u tell me how many participants that year when India won in 2000? I do believe tho that you just wanna push India way too much. Why don't u create your own and praise India. :%))

I don't think Asia Pacific is in the same league as M U or M W. I don't even think ME, MI, or MS are in the same league as M U or M W. There's an obvious hierarchy within the Big 5. And I'm not trying to "push" India. I credited Australia as the first to win all 3 major pageants in a year. :-j I was just stating facts as I know them. Obviously you're free to challenge me. I read somewhere that Australia won all 3 major pageants in 1972 (Universe, World, Asia Pacific) and India did the same in 2000. It referred to those three pageants as MAJOR. And you're saying Asia Pacific was never a major pageant. Since Supra & Earth didn't exist back then, can you or anyone enlighten me as to what pageants except M U, M W, & M I were considered major or relevant back in those days? What pageants had the same standing back then as say ME & MS has today?
Iknowbeauty

Postby hauteegirl » Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:20 am

Iknowbeauty wrote:
hauteegirl wrote:
Iknowbeauty wrote:
beautywatchnyc wrote:

I don't think Asia Pacific is in the same league as M U or M W. I don't even think ME, MI, or MS are in the same league as M U or M W. There's an obvious hierarchy within the Big 5. And I'm not trying to "push" India. I credited Australia as the first to win all 3 major pageants in a year. :-j I was just stating facts as I know them. Obviously you're free to challenge me. I read somewhere that Australia won all 3 major pageants in 1972 (Universe, World, Asia Pacific) and India did the same in 2000. It referred to those three pageants as MAJOR. And you're saying Asia Pacific was never a major pageant. Since Supra & Earth didn't exist back then, can you or anyone enlighten me as to what pageants except M U, M W, & M I were considered major or relevant back in those days? What pageants had the same standing back then as say ME & MS has today?

Read it again, Miss Asia Pacific became only globalized in 2005. Would u consider Reina Hispanoamericana a major pageant globally? Of course not, but it's major for latin countries. Go check Miss Australia winners as they never mentioned anything about Australia winning Miss Asia Quest. Meaning, it's only regional. It was only allowed to countries in Asia & Oceania. Australia did not win Miss Asia-Pacific International. It was Miss Asia Quest. India won Miss Asia-Pacific (not Internationally global). Hence, regional. What pageants has the same standing back in the days? There's only 3. Miss Universe, MI, MW. But for the Philippines there were always only Big 2. Miss Universe and Miss International. Miss World wasnt that popular.
hauteegirl

Postby beautywatchnyc » Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:10 am

Iknowbeauty wrote:
hauteegirl wrote:
Iknowbeauty wrote:
beautywatchnyc wrote:

Your argument does not support what the thread is all about. Don't push too hard. Your slips are showing.
We know where you're coming from and where your sentiments lie. Create your own thread with a heading promoting your girls' win and we'll see.
beautywatchnyc

Location: New York City (former) now residing in the Royal Borough of Kensington & Chelsea, SW5
Real Life Name/Nick: david
Profession: HR Consultancy, Professional Cooking
Western Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Chinese Zodiac: Horse
Hobbies/Interests: Surfing D Net Cooking Travel Reading Pho2graphy

Postby jaja » Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:25 am

Lol

Miss asia pacific was never and will never part of the Big 5..counter part is the hispano americana

They are minor pageants fyi
jaja
PIONEERS are the most experienced members of Missosology.

Real Life Name/Nick: jaja lago
Western Zodiac Sign: Aries
Chinese Zodiac: Rabbit
Hobbies/Interests: malling

Postby jaja » Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:30 am

Iknowbeauty wrote:
hauteegirl wrote:
Iknowbeauty wrote:
beautywatchnyc wrote:

During that time we only have 3 major beauty pageant miss universe, miss world and miss international. Again, dont push india...LOL
jaja

Real Life Name/Nick: jaja lago
Chinese Zodiac: Rabbit
Hobbies/Interests: malling

Postby otangzi » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:34 am

Wow I didn't expect this thread will be polluted as the TS knew from the start. =;))
SEE THE REAL OTANGZI ON THIS LINK https://popspins.com/?bonus=82184
otangzi

Real Life Name/Nick: ygrob
Date of Birth: 08 Dec 1993
Sexual Orientation: -----------
Profession: future astronaut
Hobbies/Interests: U dnt hav 2 change a thing I LUV U juz d way U R
Message: sana manok ka na lang.. pra lagi mong inuupuan.. ITLOG ko

Postby MISS COSMOPOLITAN » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:52 am

Indeed the Philippines is a powerhouse in beauty pageants.
And I know we will continue winning more crowns in the years to come.

MU-Diaz, Moran, Wurtzbach, Gray
MW-Young
MI-Cruz, Pijuan, Marquez, Quigaman, Santiago, Verzosa
ME-Henry, Herrell, Ong, Ibasco
MS-Datul
MIC-Gallman, Obeñita
MISS COSMOPOLITAN
PAGEANT EXPERTS are MASTERS & PROFESSIONAL ANALYSTS of pageantry.
PAGEANT EXPERTS are MASTERS & PROFESSIONAL ANALYSTS of pageantry.

Real Life Name/Nick: Justine Cairo Larosa-Esquivel
Date of Birth: 16 Aug 1983
Profession: Experto en concursos de belleza
Western Zodiac Sign: Leo
Chinese Zodiac: Pig
Hobbies/Interests: Concursos de Belleza

Postby RJ Dela Vega » Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:20 pm

Ang saya saya siguro kapag may year na lahat Ng korona nasa PILIPINAS
RJ Dela Vega

Real Life Name/Nick: RJ
Date of Birth: 25 Nov 1988
Profession: Chef
Western Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Chinese Zodiac: Dragon
Hobbies/Interests: Baking

Postby lesham » Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:35 pm

otangzi wrote:Wow I didn't expect this thread will be polluted as the TS knew from the start. =;))

I've already anticipated this scenario. =;)) :%)) As long as the discussion remains professional and has not degraded in quality, I don't have any problem with it.
ALPHA OF 2010s
MW-2013
MU-1969,1973,2015,2018
ME-2008,2014,2015,2017
MS- 2013
MIC- 2018, 2021
lesham

Postby lesham » Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:38 pm

MISS COSMOPOLITAN wrote:Indeed the Philippines is a powerhouse in beauty pageants.
And I know we will continue winning more crowns in the years to come.

I concur Miss Cosmopolitan. Who knows, we might win Miss Universe and MW in single year. That would be ecstatic to all Filipinos.
ALPHA OF 2010s
MW-2013
MU-1969,1973,2015,2018
ME-2008,2014,2015,2017
MS- 2013
MIC- 2018, 2021
lesham

Postby lesham » Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:40 pm

RJ Dela Vega wrote:Ang saya saya siguro kapag may year na lahat Ng korona nasa PILIPINAS

Totoo RJ. Kung mangyari man yun, willing na ako magpakaclapper tayo pagkasunod na taon. Achievement na din yung manalo ng limang korona in one year. :hx
ALPHA OF 2010s
MW-2013
MU-1969,1973,2015,2018
ME-2008,2014,2015,2017
MS- 2013
MIC- 2018, 2021
lesham

Postby Prissila » Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:43 pm

Good photoshop!! =D>
Prissila
ENTERTAINERS are FUNNY people.
ENTERTAINERS are FUNNY people.

Date of Birth: 17 Apr 1981
Profession: God of beauty
Chinese Zodiac: Rooster
Hobbies/Interests: Running Gym Beauty pageant

Postby DORABIAN » Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:04 pm

AS LONG AS PH SENDING COMPETITIVE AND WELL PREPARED GIRLS. ALSO FILIPINO GOING CRAZY ABOUT PAGEANTS ESPECIALLY MISS UNIVERSE. I DONT SEE THIS WILL END IN NEAR FUTURE.
I THINK OTHER COUNTRIES NEED TO STEP UP THEIR GAME!
THE UGLIEST WINNER IN BIG FOUR PAGEANTS (BIG 3 RATHER).
DORABIAN
Dark green members are SEMI-ACTIVE posters.
Dark green members are SEMI-ACTIVE posters.

Date of Birth: 21 Dec 1917
Profession: FUCKING PEOPLE
Hobbies/Interests: FUCKING

Postby lesham » Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:29 pm

Prissila wrote:Good photoshop!! =D>

Should I take this as a compliment, mother? :-D :-D
ALPHA OF 2010s
MW-2013
MU-1969,1973,2015,2018
ME-2008,2014,2015,2017
MS- 2013
MIC- 2018, 2021
lesham

Postby lesham » Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:32 pm

DORABIAN wrote:AS LONG AS PH SENDING COMPETITIVE AND WELL PREPARED GIRLS. ALSO FILIPINO GOING CRAZY ABOUT PAGEANTS ESPECIALLY MISS UNIVERSE. I DONT SEE THIS WILL END IN NEAR FUTURE.
I THINK OTHER COUNTRIES NEED TO STEP UP THEIR GAME!

I hope so Dorabian. After Indonesia's unplacement this year, I became apprehensive regarding our streak in Miss Universe that it might end anytime. But you're right. As long as we keep on sending competitive and top-notch women then we could actually continue our streak not just in Miss Universe, but in other pageants as well.
ALPHA OF 2010s
MW-2013
MU-1969,1973,2015,2018
ME-2008,2014,2015,2017
MS- 2013
MIC- 2018, 2021
lesham

Postby Iknowbeauty » Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:51 pm

hauteegirl wrote:
Iknowbeauty wrote:
hauteegirl wrote:
Iknowbeauty wrote:
beautywatchnyc wrote:

Read it again, Miss Asia Pacific became only globalized in 2005. Would u consider Reina Hispanoamericana a major pageant globally? Of course not, but it's major for latin countries. Go check Miss Australia winners as they never mentioned anything about Australia winning Miss Asia Quest. Meaning, it's only regional. It was only allowed to countries in Asia & Oceania. Australia did not win Miss Asia-Pacific International. It was Miss Asia Quest. India won Miss Asia-Pacific (not Internationally global). Hence, regional. What pageants has the same standing back in the days? There's only 3. Miss Universe, MI, MW. But for the Philippines there were always only Big 2. Miss Universe and Miss International. Miss World wasnt that popular.

Okay, I stand corrected. :=p But I love how you never miss an opportunity to hate on M W :%)) I didn't ask what pageants are/were popular in the Philippines. And I don't get why I can't question something without being attacked. I don't understand the hostility from some here. But anyways thanks for enlightening me on what pageants were big back then M U, M W, and M I it is then. :=p
Iknowbeauty

Postby hauteegirl » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:23 am

Iknowbeauty wrote:
hauteegirl wrote:
Iknowbeauty wrote:
hauteegirl wrote:
Iknowbeauty wrote:
beautywatchnyc wrote:

Okay, I stand corrected. :=p But I love how you never miss an opportunity to hate on M W :%)) I didn't ask what pageants are/were popular in the Philippines. And I don't get why I can't question something without being attacked. I don't understand the hostility from some here. But anyways thanks for enlightening me on what pageants were big back then M U, M W, and M I it is then. :=p

Now, now. Don't get your panties in a bunch. The only reason why I said about Miss World is not by hating Miss World. It's the reality of it. 20 years ago. If you ask the same question the answer would be Miss Universe and Miss International are the Big 2 in the Philippines. I never said to the world but the Philippines. Miss World became the talk of the town in the Philippines only during 1993 when Ruffa Gutierrez placed 2nd runner up. It really didnt make an impact in 1973 when Philippines placed 1st runner up because that year Philippines won Miss Universe.
hauteegirl

Postby sapient_101 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:52 pm

RJ Dela Vega wrote:Ang saya saya siguro kapag may year na lahat Ng korona nasa PILIPINAS

Maraming magbibigti pag nangyari yang sinabi mo. Hahaha!
sapient_101

Date of Birth: 01 Jan 1982
Profession: -
Hobbies/Interests: books... movies...

PreviousNext

Return to GENERAL