THE DUCHESS REVIEWS | THE 67TH MISS UNIVERSE PAGEANT

Forum rules
Welcome to Missosology! RULES: Freedom of speech allowed but 1. NO CROSSING LIMITS AS DIRECT RACIST REMARKS, NUDE OR VIOLENT PICS. 2. NO SPAMMING/FLOODING 3. NO ADVERTISING 4. NO BLACKMAILING/VIOLATING/DIVULGING PRIVACY/personal infos of members as posting their real life pic/real life name without their consent. 5. NO AVENGING/ATTACKING MEMBERS ON THEIR PHYSICAL LOOKS 6. NO REPUTATION BUTTON ABUSE. Any question, feel free to post in the Help Desk section till a Moderator/Admin responds. HAVE FUN!

Re: THE DUCHESS REVIEWS | THE 67TH MISS UNIVERSE PAGEANT

Postby The Duchess » Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:35 am

Beta wrote:Gurl this was like reading from a history book..lmao -- it took ya damn long enough to publish but the wait was worth it!

i love reading other people's assessments, so yes - keep it coming!

:-*

The Duchess
PAGEANT EXPERTS are MASTERS & PROFESSIONAL ANALYSTS of pageantry.

Date of Birth: 01 Sep 1995
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: Costume Design
Hobbies/Interests: Arts, Music, Literature

Postby The Duchess » Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:36 am

Handsama wrote:Well done Duchess. :=p

Going into the pageant, Catriona was the woman to beat. A few others could have stolen the crown from her but she was just unstoppable during the finals.

The top 5 was pretty strong but if it were up to me, I would have replaced Vietnam with Canada. Just my opinion.

:=p =D>
The Duchess

Postby The Duchess » Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:38 am

blunderer wrote:This was a top notch very detailed review. I agree, I too was rooting for Kiki to be in the top 3 but the gown failed me. She was so bubbly and endearing (however the fans are fighting here).

Thank you my dear
The Duchess

Postby The Duchess » Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:39 am

bdee wrote:
Bad Curtains Galore wrote:
hahahahuhu wrote:I will disagree a little bit wit South Africa.

I felt she was the only girl who could have stopped Catriona. Her final answer was the weakest yet she made it 2nd, goes to show how strong she was.

Kiara for me was not at her best that night, she was lucky to enter top 5. She peaked during the silk night but went wayward after that and never recovered. A lesson to the MUPR team.

Canada for me was so underscored. I would have replaced PR with her.

Anyway we have different tastes, we should all agree to disagree and remain respectful...lol. And not resort to trolling like the one up there is trying to start...lol.

Didn’t mind PR’s placement; I did think that Vietnam was way stronger than PR, but since they both got booted off, it became moot.

I didn’t find plastic Venezuela to be strong enough to even make the Top 10; totally undeserved placement.

Canada was tall and pretty enough, but the acne scars on the right side of her face, plus her engineering tech vocational program deliberately misrepresented as a biomedical engineering bachelor’s degree angered me, reminding me of that ugly, ugly, ugly Miss USA fake nuclear scientist’s case; was very glad she didn’t make the Top 5.

I was hoping IMG would have enough of a conscience to leave Aunty Sara out of the Top 20, but oh, stupid me forgot that the US owns Miss Universe!

South Africa’s SS score was high enough to preserve her spot amidst that epic fail of an EG performance.

Yes, both South Africa and Venezuela didn’t answer the final question. Regardless, after Philippines gave hers, there was no way any response from South Africa or Venezuela would topple Philippines at that point...

As a Canadian, I don't think Canada was underscored. I, too, was angered with the misrepresentation of her education. In fact, aside from 3 undergrad degrees, her college does not grant any other degrees, just certificate and diploma programs. Also, there is a HUGE difference between public and private universities here as almost all post-secondary institutions are public. That means most private ones are very much for-profit with almost 100% acceptance rates. As such, Maclean's magazine does not include them in their rankings at all. And to be called a "Canadian engineer" and practice engineering, you need to be licensed with an accredited undergrad program and then pass the Professional Practice Examination.

Sorry for the long rant there! As a Canadian educator, I do not condone what Marta did. [-X

I am a huge fan of Vietnam, but South Africa's performance that night was enthralling. I thought she would've won since the judges seemed to favour her right until she blew the final question. That's when I knew Philippines was going to win. Her beautiful gown and the final answer sealed it. :">

I never liked Venezuela until the final night. She has charm and a gorgeous smile. She and PR had the best smiles out of all the 94 reps.

I am also disappointed USA went through. Her short interview with Steve was so cringey! Speaking of cringey, the short interviews were filled with them! Australia's choice of a joke was baffling. Why make a pun in a non-English speaking country with most non-English speaking audience members? Indonesia's question about Steve's grandchild reeked of brown-nosing. Thank goodness for Costa Rica and Great Britain! I too am confused as to why GB didn't advance. I thought she was pretty solid.

Thank you for the review, Duchess! It was a great read.

thank u babe
The Duchess

Postby bambu » Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:57 am

Very objective. I specifically like how you analyzed the final question and answer portion. Kudos to you!
bambu
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.

Real Life Name/Nick: bambu
Date of Birth: 05 May 1976
Profession: world traveler
Western Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Hobbies/Interests: traveling, scuba diving, hunting, trekking,fishing

Postby benchtel1978 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:07 am

First time to read a post from you, Duchess, and I am impressed! I immensely enjoyed it!
benchtel1978
Dark green members are SEMI-ACTIVE posters.

Date of Birth: 01 Jan 1978
Profession: businessman
Western Zodiac Sign: Aries
Chinese Zodiac: Horse
Hobbies/Interests: competitions

Postby rockondude » Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:18 am

Nina Cleopatra wrote:
Beta wrote:
Nina Cleopatra wrote:The general notion of the Interntional fandom is that Catriona's reing is pretty much dead at the moment. Of all the info I gatered around 95% of Filipino fans are happy with Catriona's reign so far in comparision to a 89% or even bigger percent of International forumers who think Catriona's reing is dead or inactive and or that the whole thing was a big Scam.

Tonta.... have you had too much tequila or what?
8-} 8-} 8-} 8-} 8-} 8-}

I don't drink Tequila. Vodka or Mimosas for me.

She been extremely boring, she has a robotic personality and no real charm. Everything about Catriona is fake and made up there is nothing inside that why she loss Miss World Julia saw right through her. By the way the Dutches is not Puertorrican so stop using are flag you disgusting traitor
There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion.
rockondude
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.

Real Life Name/Nick: julian
Date of Birth: 15 Aug 1985
Sexual Orientation: Not sure
Profession: Student
Western Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Chinese Zodiac: Dog
Hobbies/Interests: i like to go to the gym
Message: There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion.

Postby The Duchess » Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:30 am

rockondude wrote:
Nina Cleopatra wrote:
Beta wrote:
Nina Cleopatra wrote:The general notion of the Interntional fandom is that Catriona's reing is pretty much dead at the moment. Of all the info I gatered around 95% of Filipino fans are happy with Catriona's reign so far in comparision to a 89% or even bigger percent of International forumers who think Catriona's reing is dead or inactive and or that the whole thing was a big Scam.

8-} 8-} 8-} 8-} 8-} 8-}

She been extremely boring, she has a robotic personality and no real charm. Everything about Catriona is fake and made up there is nothing inside that why she loss Miss World Julia saw right through her. By the way the Dutches is not Puertorrican so stop using are flag you disgusting traitor

Just because you have this ridiculous obsession with my nationality and obviously this forum doesn't make me any less boricua or you any more objective 8-> go troll somewhere else. Also how can I be a traitor to puertorricans if I am not puertorrican in your opinion? Atleast make up your mind
The Duchess

Postby onecoolday » Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:35 am

Nina Cleopatra wrote:
Beta wrote:

8-} 8-} 8-} 8-} 8-} 8-}

I didn't know you can use food stamps to buy alcoholic beverages.
onecoolday

Real Life Name/Nick: Halo
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 2008
Profession: Freelancer
Western Zodiac Sign: Aries
Chinese Zodiac: Dragon
Hobbies/Interests: Web surfing

Postby sissymeow » Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:37 am

H'hen should have been the 1st Runner up.
Last edited by sissymeow on Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
sissymeow

Date of Birth: 21 Dec 2008
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: none
Hobbies/Interests: none and none

Postby The Duchess » Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:37 am

benchtel1978 wrote:First time to read a post from you, Duchess, and I am impressed! I immensely enjoyed it!

Thank you so much, you can explore other threads if you want or PM so I can send you old links if youd like 8->
The Duchess

Postby The Duchess » Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:38 am

bambu wrote:Very objective. I specifically like how you analyzed the final question and answer portion. Kudos to you!

I try to be as objective as possible, obviously im not perfect but still. Thanks
The Duchess

Postby The Duchess » Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:39 am

sissymeow wrote:
H'hen should be the 1st Runner up.

I think she would have been if she hadn't been screwed by translators
The Duchess

Postby VrptLvs2LckButt » Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:15 am

onecoolday wrote:
Nina Cleopatra wrote:
Beta wrote:

8-} 8-} 8-} 8-} 8-} 8-}

I didn't know you can use food stamps to buy alcoholic beverages.

=;)) =;)) =;))
VrptLvs2LckButt
INTERMEDIATES are EVOLVING posters.

Real Life Name/Nick: Verptt
Date of Birth: 04 Jan 1984
Sexual Orientation: Pansexual
Profession: Sex addict
Western Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Hobbies/Interests: Sex all the time

Postby abby_saatchi » Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:18 am

I actually agree that, as much as I loved South Africa too, Tamryn's performance that night was not really worthy of a top 5 finish!
Curacao and Canada were better choices and they out performed her in both the SS and EG.

*Costa Rica's downfall was that ugly EG. :%((
abby_saatchi
SUPER STARS are POPULAR or CHARISMATIC posters.

Profession: i'm an exec. asst. and part-time p*** star
Western Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Hobbies/Interests: clubbin', crusin', shoppin' and bitchin'
Message: i just wanna say that life is indeed a journey worth cruisin' and livin'... i love it !!!

Postby VrptLvs2LckButt » Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:38 am

The Duchess wrote:

I felt she was the only girl who could have stopped Catriona. Her final answer was the weakest yet she made it 2nd, goes to show how strong she was.

Kiara for me was not at her best that night, she was lucky to enter top 5. She peaked during the silk night but went wayward after that and never recovered. A lesson to the MUPR team.

Anyway we have different tastes, we should all agree to disagree and remain respectful...lol. And not resort to trolling like the one up there is trying to start...lol.

Didn’t mind PR’s placement; I did think that Vietnam was way stronger than PR, but since they both got booted off, it became moot.

I didn’t find plastic Venezuela to be strong enough to even make the Top 10; totally undeserved placement.

Canada was tall and pretty enough, but the acne scars on the right side of her face, plus her engineering tech vocational program deliberately misrepresented as a biomedical engineering bachelor’s degree angered me, reminding me of that ugly, ugly, ugly Miss USA fake nuclear scientist’s case; was very glad she didn’t make the Top 5.

I was hoping IMG would have enough of a conscience to leave Aunty Sara out of the Top 20, but oh, stupid me forgot that the US owns Miss Universe!

South Africa’s SS score was high enough to preserve her spot amidst that epic fail of an EG performance.

Yes, both South Africa and Venezuela didn’t answer the final question. Regardless, after Philippines gave hers, there was no way any response from South Africa or Venezuela would topple Philippines at that point...

Can someone fill me in the whole Canada education thing? Im a bit confused, never understood fully the situation

In all of her interviews and promotional videos, she always claimed to be studying for a biomedical engineering degree, which she isn't. In Canada, the engineering profession is highly regulated, with Professional Engineers getting the designation after earning a bachelor's degree in engineering from a CAEB-accredited institution and passing the appropriate qualifying exams.

Miss Universe Canada is NOT enrolled in any such academic program nor is she in a path for attaining a professional engineering designation. She IS enrolled in a diploma program in engineering technology (the equivalent of a two-year trade or vocational school program in the US offered by for-profit career institutions, not by degree-granting universities) that is NOT CAEB-accredited, to become an engineering technician (or assistant). And her program does NOT have a biomedical engineering specialization, either.

She was essentially fluffing up her academic credentials by making them appear "higher" than they are (nothing actually wrong with pursuing an engineering tech credential, by the way) -- and actual engineers in Canada who had to go through the rigorous process of getting their designation and have heard of her claims are upset with her. It would be no different from a physician assistant with no medical degree claiming to be a doctor.
VrptLvs2LckButt

Real Life Name/Nick: Verptt
Date of Birth: 04 Jan 1984
Sexual Orientation: Pansexual
Profession: Sex addict
Western Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Hobbies/Interests: Sex all the time

Postby The Duchess » Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:41 am

VrptLvs2LckButt wrote:
The Duchess wrote:

Can someone fill me in the whole Canada education thing? Im a bit confused, never understood fully the situation

In all of her interviews and promotional videos, she always claimed to be studying for a biomedical engineering degree, which she isn't. In Canada, the engineering profession is highly regulated, with Professional Engineers getting the designation after earning a bachelor's degree in engineering from a CAEB-accredited institution and passing the appropriate qualifying exams.

Miss Universe Canada is NOT enrolled in any such academic program nor is she in a path for attaining a professional engineering designation. She IS enrolled in a diploma program in engineering technology (the equivalent of a two-year trade or vocational school program in the US offered by for-profit career institutions, not by degree-granting universities) that is NOT CAEB-accredited, to become an engineering technician (or assistant). And her program does NOT have a biomedical engineering specialization, either.

She was essentially fluffing up her academic credentials by making them appear "higher" than they are (nothing actually wrong with pursuing an engineering tech credential, by the way) -- and actual engineers in Canada who had to go through the rigorous process of getting their designation and have heard of her claims are upset with her. It would be no different from a physician assistant with no medical degree claiming to be a doctor.

Ew
The Duchess

Postby Paola De Bracho 2.0 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:09 am

Somebody told me that "The Duchess" is the alternick of Nina.

She is "The Duchess" when she wants to be real and transforming into a demon "Nina" when she wants to show drama.

So in short, "The Duchess" is the "honest" version of Nina.

Hearing these words from a Boricua is a relief.

Appreciated!

ImageImage
Paola De Bracho 2.0

Real Life Name/Nick: Paola De Bracho Alonzo Protasio Mercado y Rizal
Date of Birth: 14 Apr 1985
Sexual Orientation: Gay
Profession: Certified Dick Licker and a High Class Bitch
Western Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Chinese Zodiac: Dog
Hobbies/Interests: Fucking and Sucking

Postby blazingskyx27 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:13 am

I actually thought, after the Top 3 Q & A, that Venezuela will place 1st Runner Up to The Philippines. My suspicion is that, South Africa's Tamaryn Green's background as an aspiring medical student is seen as a high premium credential by the all female judges, since the medical field is anything but a glamorous job.

Don't get me wrong. I like Kiara, I find her genuine and she is free of false pretensions. BUT Canada & Curacao delivered a more stronger performance than her. Her evening gown is lack luster, predictable and didn't give her justice at all. The 4 of those girls in the Top 5, with their silver, shimmering gowns, looked like back up dancers to Catriona, wearing her red gown in the middle of the mix.

Great Britain should have been part of the Top 10 ( I suspect she placed 11th in the Top 20, with Thailand taking her spot ).

The European delegates looked like fillers. It would have been interesting if they put Miss Albania in that Top 5.

It was refreshing to see Nepal, Curacao & Vietnam in the Top 10, leaving the heavy front runners Colombia, Mexico & Ecuador as the shocking El Tucuyo awardees of the finals.

The cringe worthy speeches / moments belongs to these girls : Indonesia ( sucking up to Steve Harvey huh ) , Jamaica ( this is what happens when you memorize your speech ), USA ( embarrassing interview with Steve + " relieving the stress of clients with the lesser use of medical jargons" :%)) :%)) :%)) ), Australia ( she says something about celebrating cultural diversity, without any hint of irony, after that controversial video :%)) :%)) :%) ).
blazingskyx27
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.

Real Life Name/Nick: andy
Date of Birth: 25 Mar 1977
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual
Profession: pop culture observer/ writer
Chinese Zodiac: Snake
Hobbies/Interests: net surfing, writing, going to the gym

Postby Darna na Dyesebel pa » Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:22 am

The cape slowed down the swimsuit competition .
I like prelims better ... fast paced and they strutted for a longer time .

Many girls didn’t follow Lou Sierra’s instruction not to touch the cape during the rehearsals. Ha ha

I like the bouquet of flowers .
Patterned (inspired ? ) to snake god or something .
It’s unique and eye catching .

The cape and the bouquet are the Thai touches.
It would have been better if they incorporated more like when Brazil hosted ... the girls competed in evening gown with Brazilian performers .
Darna na Dyesebel pa

Real Life Name/Nick: Darna Dyesebel
Date of Birth: 27 Oct 2010
Profession: ==========
Western Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Chinese Zodiac: Monkey
Hobbies/Interests: ==========

Postby abid » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:51 am

During the Thai Silk show i said omg Catriona has a competition with PR. If only she sustained that kind of look until final night things could have been different.

Btw, nice read. Amazing thread. Well thought out.
abid

Date of Birth: 21 Dec 1995
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual
Profession: bartender
Western Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Chinese Zodiac: Rooster
Hobbies/Interests: playing billiards, swimming

Postby sarahmarrow » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:53 am

Lafeadamadelaindia wrote:Thanks for your post!

Three thoughts: (1) suspected all along that they had their Top 10 already. Otherwise if there really was judging going on during the Top 20 statements, with that incoherent speech, Vietnam wouldn’t have moved to the next round.

(2) USA was so undeserving of that Top 20 spot.

(3) I also would have eliminated South Africa after that EG debacle.

Even though SA struggled in E.V. round she managed to pullout a good cat walk.
Ms. Green was breathtaking and gorgeous. She cant be ignored for the next round.
Last edited by sarahmarrow on Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
sarahmarrow

Real Life Name/Nick: sarah
Date of Birth: 25 Dec 2000
Sexual Orientation: Bicurious
Profession: sales agent
Hobbies/Interests: watching tv

Postby sarahmarrow » Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:01 am

sissymeow wrote:
H'hen should have been the 1st Runner up.

Yeah. I agree but the translator botched her answer,
I felt sorry for Vietnam
sarahmarrow

Postby sarahmarrow » Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:14 am

abby_saatchi wrote:I actually agree that, as much as I loved South Africa too, Tamryn's performance that night was not really worthy of a top 5 finish!
Curacao and Canada were better choices and they out performed her in both the SS and EG.

*Costa Rica's downfall was that ugly EG. :%((

if Ms. Costa Rica is beautiful as S.A.
she probably aced the final question and gave Catriona a run for her money.
sarahmarrow

Postby filipinoako28 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:15 pm

I honestly enjoyed reading your review. Though it was months behind, I read every word and though I do not agree with every point, I respect and acknowledge your views because there was intelligence behind it! I’m expecting this again this year, ok?!? I’m a fan of your Miss Universe and Miss Earth reviews =c3 >=p
filipinoako28

Date of Birth: 09 Mar 1983
Sexual Orientation: Gay
Profession: Financial analyst
Western Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Chinese Zodiac: Pig
Hobbies/Interests: Surfing the net

Postby lunica » Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:32 pm

a rather long read, i had to skip and jump here and there, but i give it to you for your detailed assessment from a personal pperspective.
While i am not in total agreement with soem of your points, respect is given to whom its due. :=p
lunica

Date of Birth: 21 Dec 1997
Profession: model
Hobbies/Interests: modelling

Postby Beta » Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:37 pm

Paola De Bracho 2.0 wrote:Somebody told me that "The Duchess" is the alternick of Nina.

She is "The Duchess" when she wants to be real and transforming into a demon "Nina" when she wants to show drama.

Appreciated!

a hundred alternicks or not, Duchess will be treated like Duchess and Nina will be treated like Nina. Paola will be treated like Paola and.....
after all is said and done, nina is the useful village jester. 8-}

It ain't that deep anyway - there are a gazillion alternicks in this forum.
Beta
ANGELS are the nicest persons of the forum.

Date of Birth: 30 Jul 2008
Profession: BOSS
Western Zodiac Sign: Leo
Hobbies/Interests: EVERYTHING

Postby The Duchess » Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:11 pm

Paola De Bracho 2.0 wrote:Somebody told me that "The Duchess" is the alternick of Nina.

Appreciated!

So, if I eat after midnight I turn into Nina? Thats the theory? =;))
The Duchess

Postby Tingle Wingle » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:43 pm

The Duchess wrote:

Appreciated!

When you go to the toilet to poop, that’s when Nina comes out. :%))
Tingle Wingle

Real Life Name/Nick: Ting
Date of Birth: 25 Feb 1995
Profession: Student
Hobbies/Interests: Tingling wingling

Postby Beta » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:50 pm

Tingle Wingle wrote:
The Duchess wrote:

Appreciated!

When you go to the toilet to poop, that’s when Nina comes out. :%))

ohhh gawd.... i just snorted my guacamole -- =;)) =;)) =;)) =;)) =;))
Beta

Date of Birth: 30 Jul 2008
Profession: BOSS
Western Zodiac Sign: Leo
Hobbies/Interests: EVERYTHING

PreviousNext

Return to GENERAL