✯✯ PHILIPPINES DARK ERA : The BINIBINIs-not ✯✯

Forum rules
Welcome to Missosology! RULES: Freedom of speech allowed but 1. NO CROSSING LIMITS AS DIRECT RACIST REMARKS, NUDE OR VIOLENT PICS. 2. NO SPAMMING/FLOODING 3. NO ADVERTISING 4. NO BLACKMAILING/VIOLATING/DIVULGING PRIVACY/personal infos of members as posting their real life pic/real life name without their consent. 5. NO AVENGING/ATTACKING MEMBERS ON THEIR PHYSICAL LOOKS 6. NO REPUTATION BUTTON ABUSE. Any question, feel free to post in the Help Desk section till a Moderator/Admin responds. HAVE FUN!

Re: ✯✯ PHILIPPINES DARK ERA : The BINIBINIs-not ✯✯

Postby Stoichio » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:11 pm

jennifer_finger09 wrote:Nice read!!!

I was one of those who actively followed Voy Forums for pageant updates. Anyway, I still have vivid memories of some of those "nasayang" gorgeous ladies mentioned in this thread:

1. Joey Mead (Joanne Angeles) - there were rumors that she was disqualified not because of her age but of a looming, but which apparently did not push through, court case supposedly to be lodged by a prominent businessman from the South against her and friend Ruffa Gutierrez. Joey, Ruffa and the said businessman figured in a heated altercation in a popular hotel in Cebu which made headlines in the province. Joey actually submitted her application using her real name - Joanne del Pilar Angeles if I am not mistaken.

2. Cindy Kurleto - I was able to speak to one of her handlers at that time. According to him, Cindy didn't have the necessary papers to accompany her application. She appeared in Showbiz Lingo after her stalled Bb. participation to apologize to her supporters.

3. Juliana Palermo - she vowed to file her candidacy year after year until she reached the maximum age to participate in Bb.

4. Verns Buckley - she was supposed to join in 2004, reportedly at that time, part of the team that fielded Maricar Balagtas.

5. Isabel Roces - for years, fashion personalities have been begging her to join. To quote one popular fashion show choreographer. "kulang na lang lumuhod kami sa harap niya para sumali siya." Once, she was seen in Cubao during one of Bb's application period that sparked rumors that she was finally joining. In an interview, she simply said that she was shopping at a nearby department store and she isn't interested in joining pageants.

6. Bernadette Allyson - her manager at that time Jessica Rodriguez was very vocal about her supposed plan to join Bb.

7. Jocelyn Oxlade - she never considered joining Bb and was surprised when she learned that one team was promoting her as one of their Bb. entries.

I'd include in this list MTV Fashionista winner Bridget Inoferio (a certified 6-footer), Top Model of the World runner-up Michelle de Leon who assumed the title after Brazil's Natalia Guimaraes resigned and joined Miss Universe 2007 where she became 1st runner-up and model Kit Barraquias (yes, the mother of Marlon Stockinger's twins).

Wow! Those details shouldn't be lost. It should be kept in Philippine Pageantry Library!

I remember Bridget Inoferio. In fact, her sister (Jacqueline Inoferio) was one of the candidates in Bb. Pilipinas 2003 (if I'm not mistaken). I also see Michelle de Leon and Kit Barraquias on fashion magazines very often but for me they are better of as models.
Wait, Marlon and Kit have kids???

Stoichio
PAGEANT EXPERTS are MASTERS & PROFESSIONAL ANALYSTS of pageantry.

Date of Birth: 01 Jan 2011
Sexual Orientation: -----------
Profession: Number 1
Hobbies/Interests: Nature tripping

Postby Stoichio » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:14 pm

cooldude06 wrote:In addition , Rhian Ramos Actress from GMA Network. also had offers from pageant fans, celebrity designers and handlers to join back in 2011 and 2012, she also backed out. Due to conflict of interest.. ( Contract with her agency and GMA)

I remember about Rhian but PH was no longer in the dark era that time when her name started to mentioned in the forum.
Stoichio

Date of Birth: 01 Jan 2011
Profession: Number 1
Hobbies/Interests: Nature tripping

Postby otangzi » Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:20 am

Grabeh alam na lam nyo pong lahat ang mga detalye. Mga Thundershocksss!! =;))
SEE THE REAL OTANGZI ON THIS LINK https://popspins.com/?bonus=82184
otangzi
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.

Real Life Name/Nick: ygrob
Date of Birth: 08 Dec 1993
Profession: future astronaut
Hobbies/Interests: U dnt hav 2 change a thing I LUV U juz d way U R
Message: sana manok ka na lang.. pra lagi mong inuupuan.. ITLOG ko

Postby myka » Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:42 am

i love this thread! :=p
myka
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.

Date of Birth: 18 Dec 1988
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: nurse/educator
Western Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Chinese Zodiac: Dragon
Hobbies/Interests: singing, net surfing

Postby RR_R » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:45 am

HIMEROS wrote:
ManMeat wrote:
Stoichio wrote:
ManMeat wrote:So basically mixed girls were robbed right?

And who told you that they are all mixed???

Stupid assumptions.

Bye. [/b]
[/font]

and who tf told you that we are celebrating colonial period? We are just saying that Spaniards and Americans have colonized us for many many years that's why some of us don't look like our other Asian brethren in our region. We never glorified how these colonizers tortured us, in fact, we celebrate how Filipinos back then were brave and fought for the freedom of thencountry. Filipinos are very diverse so don't ypu stereotype us into just "one look" because we're almost as diverse as most countries in the world. Every country is diverse and we don't conplain about that, why is it alaays a big fuss to you people that the Philippines have foreign sounding surnames and always tell us who are "pure pinays" or what is the "pure pinay look" even there's no such thing. I'm sorry but you're a racist yourself. Why always put the anger out on us when there are many countries who have the same situation as us. It's so fucking stupid. Y'all are like Karen from Mean Girls asking Cady; "if you're from Africa, why are you white?" It's so fucking disgusting and ignorant and so fucking stupid! Can't we fucking have the freedom to have diversity, y'all? I'm so fucking tired of hearing this bs over and over again. I used to like you, but your views towards us have made me think otherwise.

You nailed it.
RR_R
INTERMEDIATES are EVOLVING posters.
INTERMEDIATES are EVOLVING posters.

Date of Birth: 31 Oct 1978
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: Businessman
Hobbies/Interests: watching concerts, bands

Previous

Return to GENERAL