CHERISH NG - MISS MALAYSIA EARTH 2017

Re: ** ROAD TO MISS MALAYSIA EARTH 2017 | 7/30 **

Postby manoypoe » Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:49 am

JUNE 6
BEAUTY FOR A CAUSE - DIOR

When you have eaten all your biscuits but you have no idea for the plastic biscuit tray in the biscuit pack then throw it away? Do you know, you can reuse it by turning it to a useful item.

This is a little tips from me on how to reuse the plastic trays. For examples,
after you have cleaned up all the plastic trays, it just like a new container to put in your make up stuff, coins, fruits, vegetables, keys, and etc. It's not just reducing wastage but also saving money to buy a new container. Before we throw those items away, let's think about how they can be reused.

manoypoe
MODERATORS are responsible to maintain order.

Date of Birth: 15 Apr 1975
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: Assassin of Idiots
Western Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Hobbies/Interests: Web surfing

Postby manoypoe » Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:50 am

JUNE 6
BEAUTY FOR A CAUSE - Eugenia Tng

Plastic bags take a toll on the environment. Whenever you go out shopping and lug your purchases home in plastic bags, you miss an opportunity to do the environment a favor by reducing waste. Eco-friendly reuseable bags come in full range sizes, prints, and patterns, and can be crafted from numerous materials and fabrics. Sturdy and stylish, reusable bags can even be fashion accessories if you want to show off your ecological confidence when you're out and about.

Therefore, I always will bring a reusable bag along with me.
Go green and look fashion!!! Love it!!!

manoypoe

Postby manoypoe » Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:52 am

JUNE 6
BEAUTY FOR A CAUSE - Shamila Nair

I believe in obtaining first hand data whenever possible in identifying the problems our environment is facing, attempts in its protection and conservation and hopefully through this, I would one day contribute in solving it through my professional capacity. The key for an action to be taken is to have the needful knowledge of it. Therefore, I decided to go on this trek to personally witness and observe the state of our forest in Peninsular Malaysia.

My intention of this trek with a qualified guide was to firstly, understand how and to what extent our carbon footprint has affected it. Secondly, it was to study how laws in relation to wildlife and forest reserves are enforced on a day to day basis and to analyse if they are sufficient or otherwise, for future actions.

The guide was amazing and we had a good chat on the status of endangered wild animals and forest reserves in Malaysia, together with the efforts of the National Parks and Wildlife Protection department. Not a minute where we ran out of topic throughout the 3 hours trek! So much of information was exchanged (I'm waiting to share the knowledge obtained to all of you people out there). It was over in a blink of an eye with the waterfall shower as our finale! How do we not protect something this beautiful that didn't even require our efforts to create, yet able to enjoy every bit of it #followmeonthisjourney

manoypoe

Postby manoypoe » Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:53 am

JUNE 6
BEAUTY FOR A CAUSE - MARISSA

The bicycle is a simple solution to some of the world's most complicated problems. Ditch getting a cab or driving your car. Cycling not only helps to reduce air pollution, also reduce the use of gas/fuel which would help us from running out of it.By cycling we can even stay in good shape and great health condition while contributing to mother nature.

manoypoe

Postby manoypoe » Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:54 am

JUNE 7
BEAUTY FOR A CAUSE – JANICE CHAI XIN HUI

Say NO to FINS!
In 2014 (picture on the left), I volunteered as a photographer for the "Finished with Fins & Beautiful Ocean Campaign" at Mid Valley Megamall organized by SHARK SAVERS Malaysia. After understanding how the sharks were caught, having their fins cut off, and being thrown back into the sea again - I just can't stand it. They won’t be able to swim and they’ll soon bleed to death. I decided to fill up the form to pledge not to eat sharks' fins anymore.

I am FINISHED with FINS.

manoypoe

Postby manoypoe » Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:55 am

JUNE 7
BEAUTY FOR A CAUSE - KAYSHANA

Use a reusable produce bag. A simple plastic bag takes about 1000 years to degrade. Purchase or make you own reusable bag, just like what have done! Let's Go Green Together!

manoypoe

Postby manoypoe » Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:55 am

JUNE 7
BEAUTY FOR A CAUSE - DIOR

For certain people, tissue papers are something that cannot live without in their daily life. However, the tissue is made from papers, and papers come from trees. In order to reduce deforestation, we can replace tissue paper to a handkerchief. Handkerchief is more environmental friendly compare to tissue paper. It's a simple change that can reduce a lot of waste. Although we might can't change ourselves to use tissue paper immediately, but we can start to consume less and prepare handkerchief when we are going out every time.

manoypoe

Postby manoypoe » Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:56 am

JUNE 7
BEAUTY FOR A CAUSE - Eugenia Tng

A tip for washing dishes.
When you scrub the plate or bowl with dish soap, remember to turn off the tap. Once scrubbed, only turn on the tap to rinse the dishes with water.
This habit is good for everyone to practice in daily life.
LOVE EARTH and SAVE WATER!!!

manoypoe

Postby manoypoe » Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:57 am

June 7
Beauty For A Cause - Niki Disvinder Kaur

Short shower, save water.
Take shorter showers to reduce water use. This will lower your water and heating bills too. For your information, bucket of water is perfectly enough to take shower, it save water and good for the earth.

manoypoe

Postby manoypoe » Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:58 am

JUNE 8
BEAUTY FOR A CAUSE - JANICE CHAI XIN HUI

Rise & shine! Muka baru bangun. There's nothing better than fresh air. I usually leave my windows open in the morning & evening to allow the breeze in. This helps to promote better air circulation in the room and thus lowers the temperature, and reduces our dependency on air conditioners. My windows are covered with mosquito nettings, so I won't have to worry about mosquitoes coming in.

manoypoe

Postby manoypoe » Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:00 am

JUNE 9
BEAUTY FOR A CAUSE-SALLY LEE KAH YING

To lessen our carbon footprint:
I will dry and hang out the clothes that I hand wash instead of tumble drying using the washing machine. This will not only reduce the energy consumption, thus saving electricity.

manoypoe

Postby manoypoe » Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:02 am

JUNE 8
BEAUTY FOR A CAUSE - Shamila Nair

Spent a couple of days in Taman Negara to follow up on the last stage of KampungKu Solar Lights project for the Bateq Tribe aboriginal people living in Kampung Dedari at Kuala Tahan. The project is intended to provide them with lights as they do not have access to electricity.

However it is aimed to be done in an environmental friendly manner. Therefore, it all begin with an idea by this amazing person - Arran aka Ary Rahul Hashim to provide them LED Solar Lights, which is a brilliant combination! That's because for LED lights, 95% of the energy is converted into light and only 5% of it is converted into heat (waste), while the figures are the complete opposite for fluorescent lights. LED lights also uses less power to produce the same brightness in fluorescent lights.

Therefore, less energy use reduces the demand from power plants and as an end result, decreases greenhouse gas emissions. LED lights with the combination of solar energy will definitely lessen our carbon footprints. Everything is set right now thanks to Andrew J. Sebastian representing Ecomy (https://ecomy.org) and brother Aki of course, who is the main person communicating with the aboriginal people on behalf!

We would also like to send a million thanks to Lewis Clark State College, Idaho, USA for making this idea possible by funding this project! We are looking forward for its launching on 14-16th August 2017 right here in Kampung Dedari! We are hoping for this project to be implemented in more aboriginal villages in Malaysia. if you would like to contribute in its future funding or manpower, you may contact either one of us & we'll be happy to hear from you! Lastly, thank you Taman Negara for your hospitality and to members of Singapore Wild Birds Club for the fun bird watching experience & company!

manoypoe

Postby manoypoe » Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:03 am

JUNE 10
BEAUTY FOR A CAUSE - DIVIYA

TREES FOR THE FUTURE
Looking out, Feel wanna grasp FRESH & CLEAN AIR!
Wanna SAVE ENERGY at home! Posses NATURAL AIR CONDITIONER
SHELTER shield from ultra-violet rays!
REMOVE carbon dioxide!
To BRING diverse group of friends together!
Add UNITY to your neighbourhood!
To HEAL, REDUCE mental fatigue!
LOSS of heat from your home as WINTER, by 50%
REDUCE soil temperature !
TRAP dust,pollen & smoke from the air !
ECOSYSTEM for wildlife !
CREATE MICROCLIMATES suitable for growing shade loving plants!
INCREASE ground water recharge !
REDUCE surface water runoff from storms!
Isn't Amazing ? A single TREE contributing such benefit, and more....
Instead it is STRENGTH of you life & our MOTHER EARTH !
Enjoy HAVING & GROWS UP trees at your HOME...

manoypoe

Postby manoypoe » Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:05 am

Marissa Ong
Follow · 12 hrs ·

I'm Marissa Ong and I am a finalist of Miss Malaysia Earth 2017. Proud to represent a historical coastal state in Malaysia, Melaka.

My environment advocacy is the reason I've choosed to participate in Miss Malaysia Earth ,it's a great platform to raise awareness on environmental issues. It's equally as serious as labour rights , feminism,etc. Even if we're living in a world with every rights,without a great environment, our health are in risk and we will suffer psychically . I believe it is my responsibility to not only inspire people of every age group to contribute in making our environment better but also work together as a team ,to protect ourselves from hazardous environment but also protect mother nature .

Every pageant is unique in their own way but what make Miss Malaysia Earth pageant system extremely special is it contributes to mother nature. I've been following up with Miss Malaysia Earth pageant and realise every ladies participate are least judge by looks but mostly the task they carry out.

I would make a great Miss Malaysia Earth as I've always give every effort to what Iam passionate in and I am willing to push boundaries to make our earth a better place to live in the present and the future.Being able to travel around the world is a blessing , it has opened my eyes on how different countries involves all 3 R (reduce,reuse, recycle) in their daily activities.With the informations I've gathered, it'll be a bigger blessing as Miss Malaysia Earth to have MMEO's support and we can improve our homeland's lifestyle to contribute to mother earth and make it a greener place.
manoypoe

Postby manoypoe » Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:06 am

Pavitra Paramalingam

Follow · 20 hrs ·

I am Pavitra Paramalingam and I am the finalist of MME 2017, proudly representing Perak,the state of silver . I feel too grateful to have myself for this year MME coronation night which is going to held on 30th of July.

My environmental advocacy is “ WE SHOULD LOVE OUR MOTHER EARTH AS HOW WE LOVE OURSELF”. I’ll definitely take the necessary actions and restrictments to reduce all kind of chiral environmental issues. I have used to thought to myself that ‘you cannot protect the environment unless you empower people,you inform them and you help them understand that these resources are their own,that they must protect them.’

By participating in this pageant, I strongly believe that I can create it as a best platform for myself to show my endless love toward the mother earth. Meanwhile, I would like to organize some green peace funds, environmental campaigns, fashion show programs with eco-design outfits and really wished to be an ambassador for this MME pageant one day. I don’t want to protect the environment, I want to create a world where the environment doesn’t need protecting.

A beauty queen represents elegance, poisem and personality. These are the three most important things to consider so that a person becomes a successfull ambassadress of beauty. Beside this factors, MME pageant also willing to take initiatives to build the self love toward the mother earth and the urge to protect the environment in every girl. This is the reason why Miss Malaysia Earth pageant different from other pageant systems. We must remember that earth was created for all of us, not some of us.

I think i would be the great Miss Malaysia Earth because I am very sure that myself can make the rest to be aware of how important our mother earth is. Furthermore, I will proudly represent our country to show the outside world about our beautiful country and the pleasant ecosystem we have here.Most importantly, I will make the world understand that the earth has music to those who listen.
manoypoe

Postby manoypoe » Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:07 am

Lee KahYing
Follow · Yesterday ·

I am Sally Lee and I am the finalist of Miss Malaysia Earth 2017, proudly presenting the beautiful and historical state of Melaka.

My environmental advocacy is to bring a positive changes towards a greener and cleaner environment, not only for ourselves but also for the future generations. In order to achieve the goals, I participate in many environmental activities such as recycling to stop pollution, reduce the use of energy and wastage of water and many more.

Becoming a finalist in Miss Malaysia Earth has been my proudest moment because it will indeed be a good experience in my life. In addition, throughout my journey in Miss Malaysia Earth, I believe I will be able to have the opportunity to learn and gain valuable knowledge.

Miss Malaysia Earth is different from other pageants because Miss Malaysia Earth pageant does not only focus on judging and ranking the beauty of their contestant but to lead and educate the world to take care of Mother Nature.

I think I would be a great Miss Malaysia Earth because I have the attributes and objectives towards a greener environment. To me, a great Miss Malaysia Earth understands the purpose of the pageant, actively create and promote environmental awareness to the public.
manoypoe

Postby manoypoe » Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:09 am

MISS MALAYSIA EARTH 2017 FINALIST ECO VIDEO - JANICE CHAI (SELANGOR)

manoypoe

Postby manoypoe » Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:16 am

AFTER VIEWING JANICE'S VIDEO, I AM NOW LEANING ON HER FAVOR. BEAUTY AND BRAIN PLUS SHE LOOKS SO GENUINE IN PROTECTING MOTHER EARTH. :=p :=p

CANT WAIT TO VIEW OTHER VIDEOS. =D> =D> :=p :=p
manoypoe

Postby manoypoe » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:04 pm

Congratulations to the newly crown Miss Sarawak Earth 2017..

Miss Sarawak Earth 2017 - Ennette Faith Solomon
Miss Sarawak Earth Air 2017 - Jean Seymour Harry
Miss Sarawak Earth Water 2017 - Vivianna Jimbun
Miss Sarawak Earth Fire 2017 - Marzella Sigai
SEE YOU IN IPOH SOON!!!!

manoypoe

Postby manoypoe » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:05 pm

MISS MALAYSIA EARTH 2017 FINALIST ECO VIDEO - CHERISH NG (PENANG)

manoypoe

Postby manoypoe » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:06 pm

MISS MALAYSIA EARTH 2017 FINALIST ECO VIDEO - PAVITRA (PERAK)

manoypoe

Postby Handsama » Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:41 pm

FINALISTS (Refer to Page 1)

Handsama
AMBASSADORS represent their country.

Date of Birth: 10 Jan 1987
Profession: Secret
Hobbies/Interests: Reading

Postby UniversoMundoTierra » Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:39 am

Jean Harry Seymour or Janice Chai for the win.. either of them
Universe and World

Earth-International

Supranational-Grand-Intercontinental-United Continents
UniversoMundoTierra
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.

Real Life Name/Nick: poi
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 1986
Profession: travel consultant
Western Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Chinese Zodiac: Rabbit
Hobbies/Interests: doing extreme sports, cooking, travel

Postby Handsama » Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:54 pm

MISS SABAH EARTH 2017 I Dewi Natasha
MISS SABAH AIR 2017 I Elena Laurel
MISS SABAH WATER 2017 I Anita Kong
MISS SABAH FIRE 2017 I Sherrylyn Jane

Image[/

*** List of Finalists Updated on Page One.
Handsama

Re: ** ROAD TO MISS MALAYSIA EARTH 2017 | JUL 30 **

Postby natezumba52 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:17 pm

Has Malaysia ever made the cut at Miss Earth?
natezumba52
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.

Real Life Name/Nick: Nate
Date of Birth: 02 May 1992
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: Business owner
Hobbies/Interests: Surfing the web

Postby manoypoe » Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:36 pm

The 8th Miss Malaysia Earth Eco-Fashion Design Competition, a project that will showcase the skills and creativity of finalists in coming up with timeless designs that are eco-friendly; perfect for the Earth’s most beautiful.

The gorgeous beauties of Miss Malaysia-Earth 2017 will showcase their most ingeniously creative and stunning creations on the catwalk on the evening of July 22nd, 2017.

Materials of their dresses were composed of ordinary everyday objects, reusable or even useless items, which were transformed into fashionable works of art.

Which finalists will be awarded Best in Eco Design?

Beauty Queen is welcomed to wear their crown & sash. RSVP : PM us to reserve yourself a seat (first come first served). TQ
manoypoe

Postby Handsama » Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:17 pm

natezumba52 wrote:Has Malaysia ever made the cut at Miss Earth?

Not from this org...I don't think so. Not sure about the early years though.
Handsama

Re: MISS MALAYSIA EARTH 2017 | JULY 30

Postby manoypoe » Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:22 pm

manoypoe

Postby manoypoe » Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:23 pm

Miss Malaysia Earth
July 15 at 8:45am ·

Venisa Judah (Miss Malaysia Earth 2016)
Do join us to witness the crowning of Miss Malaysia Earth at Syeun Hotel, Grand Ballroom, Ipoh on 30th July 2017. For ticket enquiry, do PM us. Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MISSMALAYSIAEARTH/

click to play
manoypoe

Postby manoypoe » Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:24 pm

EVENT PARTNER -
OFFICIAL RESIDENCE for MISS MALAYSIA EARTH 2017

Officially opened on the 24th of October 1993, Syeun Hotel was developed to meet the need in Ipoh for a quality business hotel in the city center with excellent convention facilities. Till today Syeun is the only hotel that fulfills this particular need.

Designed in neoclassical theme, the building is reminiscent of the best of old Ipoh architecture. Conveniently located right in the center of Ipoh’s corporate district, it is surrounded by high rise buildings, accommodating stockbrokers major government offices, stock-brokers, banks, financial institutions and a host of corporate and professional offices making business a pleasure, a luxury in leisure.

Within walking distance are shopping malls, fine restaurants, theme cafes, bistros, pubs and several recreational and entertainment outlets. Within walking distance are also fine wall murals that can be found around Ipoh’s old town produced by local and international artists.

manoypoe

PreviousNext

Return to Miss Earth