<3 The Duchess' MISS INTERCONTINENTAL SECOND HOT PICS <3

<3 The Duchess' MISS INTERCONTINENTAL SECOND HOT PICS <3

Postby The Duchess » Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:34 am

THE DUCHESS’ Second Hot Picks
MISS INTERCONTINENTAL 2017
Well we are about two months away from the Miss Intercontinental 2017 pageant in Sri Lanka, where my compatriot Heylimar will crown her successor. As many as you know this is the pageant I am the least excited about if we are being completely honest. But I have actually a couple on girls in this pageant that have made me actually consider watching this pageant live. These girls are actually the reason I decided to make this second list of Hot Picks, for me they deserve at least a mention. I have seen their candids and their pictures, even some of the comments left in the Missosology facebook page; I see you and I thank you. Unfortunally I am yet to see things like the communication skills and catwalk of basically any of thes girls participating in this pageant except maybe two. So as of now I cannot post my usual scores because I lack the majority of the information of these girls. I don’t know if I can’t find them or they don’t exist, but if any of you know it would be great if you could let me see them. Regardless, I find myself a little more intrigued about this pageant which if I am not mistaken it will be the last one of 2017. So let’s see if this girls who I guess are my chosen or something hahaha can keep me interested in this edition of the pageant. Depending on the arrival date (November or December) there will be a 3rd hotpicks or a Pre-Arrival Review next.

Shall we begin?

MISS INTERCONTINENTAL 2017: PHILIPPINES (#1 at FIRST HOTPICKS)
The reality is that Katarina will be at the top of this lists probably the whole way unless one of my chosen girls can get closer to her. Don’t get me wrong, Katarina is in the same level of Demi Nel-Peters when it comes to how much I am rooting for her. But the reality is Katarina is the obvious front runner in every list that I come and that’s even before she won her crown. She was an automatic frontrunner in whichever pageant she was chosen, so it is expected that people will have her as one of their chosen girls to root for until the pageant. Now, Katatina is has this absolutely beautiful face with those thick eyebrows that I absolutely love because they look so natural. With the right styling and makeup so that beautiful face doesn’t get betrayed by her very special features. Although I trust the Binibining Team won’t let her down because she is the best on that whole team, if they ruin her with styling I would be extremely disappointed. She of course needs to work on her communications skills and her catwalk in order to polish it so she can do very well in the final. The only downwards of Miss Rodriguez is her body I am afraid, although I have seen improvement lately. She has to work at it even further in order for her to become the closest thing to perfect in team Pinoy, so I need her to work on that. But besides that, I have yet to see her lose ground in this competition because she is just it, sometimes I wish she was even in a Big 5 pageants. Her beauty would have fit a couple of them, but maybe it is her destiny to win this one.

1ST RUNNER UP: GERMANY (#4 AT FIRST HOTPICKS)
The great thing this candidate has going on for her is that she has a very different look from the rest of the girls, and that is always a good thing when a candidate can look apart from the rest. I love her curly and abundant hair along with that beautiful skin color provides for a unique look against the majority of the candidates. I believe that with the right training to give her some good presence and the skills needed she could do wonders in Sri Lanka. As I will repeat a lot in this thread, styling is key for girls with unique looks like this one and must be styled only in the way she looks best.

2ND RUNNER UP: SLOVAK REPUBLIC (#5 AT FIRST HOTPICKS)
I remember seeing this girl in a national pageant and being very into her hoping for a Big 5 pageants crown but it did not happen, I was rather sad. But since she is in this one, I am very intrigued as to where she will place in the finals on December. I find her to have a very beautiful young face that could be very beneficial in the arrivals, a fresh look is always the better alternative. I think she could do very well by polishing this image of freshness in every area of the pageant, from beginning to end. It would be interesting to see what she has in store for the final night both physically and in terms of performance. Because if she can match her face to a performance good enough she could give a huge scare to more than one favorite.

3RD RUNNER UP: VENEZUELA (#3 AT FIRST HOTPICKS)
Venezuela is obviously a beautiful contestant with what seems all the necessary steps to become a Top 5 placers as of now, but at the same time I find myself wanting to know more about her. The problem with pageants like this is that they are not covered anymore as they once did therefore I know very little about these contestants. Regardless this girl has a beautiful face and the obvious Venezuelan flare, which will prove beneficial in Sri Lanka along with what I am hoping are good communication skills. Will there be a Latina back-to-back? I don’t see it yet. But there will definitely be that Latina representation in the final five and it will probably be Venezuela as of right now. What I like about her is that even though she has the obvious Venezuelan flare she doesn’t exactly look like your typical Venezuelan queen. Which is a bit refreshing to me. Now I want to see if she possesses that catwalk and stage presence the queens from her country are known for. It was very hard for me to find information of her so if anybody has anything that might improve her score in the next list you are more than welcome.

4TH RUNNER UP: MALTA (#8 AT FIRST HOTPICKS)
Now this is the first girl here to be featured as one of my chosen to keep an eye on in this competition, the more I know about Francesca the more I see her in a Top 5. She has a beautiful face which she knows the angles that works for it, and her candid shots are also very impressive. Something common that I see in her professional pictures is how they are so simple and raw yet they convey so much. That is kind of the whole brand she has being showing, that simplicity that goes farther than the big hair and the excessive makeup. She is the living proof of less is more in this edition of Miss Intercontinental, and that could take her very far. She is one of the few girls I have seen walking but it’s a fashion runway walk which is very good yet it doesn’t count for my catwalk score I’m afraid. Besides that, I have been sold into this candidate which is the best chance of Malta of making the first cut since their started pageantry. She is beautiful, with a fresh look and personality and a simplicity that is sometimes much needed in pageants lately. So, Miss Francesca, consider yourself on The Duchess’ watch for I have a very good feeling about this one in the Miss Intercontinental.

6TH: CANADA (#7 AT FIRST HOTPICKS)
Miss Canada is a very formidable candidate, another one of the girl that I am keeping on my watch since I started the hotpicks. She seems of a very bubbly personality which translates from her candids, a very pretty face she knows how to work so well. She seems to me like a girl who could enter the Top 10 very comfortably and easily with the level of performance she delivers. I believe great things can happens if she polishes her communication skills and has that stage presence that for example Heylimar had when she won. And I think she could become a threat coming the following months with the necessary training but she seems ready and willing to bring that placement for Canada. I hope they style her beautifully for this pageant so her beauty can show through at her best, both in the dress and the hairstyle which sometimes in this pageant is not seen. I want Canada to bring that beautiful attitude Canadians are known to have and deliver on that stage because she has the right set of skills to do so. This is the fourth girl who will be watched very closely by The Duchess even if she is lacking internet most of the time. You shall be watch closely in these coming months.

7TH: BRAZIL (#10 AT FIRST HOTPICKS)
Miss Amanda Cardoso has been proving me wrong every day since I found her Facebook page AFTER I posted my first hot picks. When I saw the only picture, I could find of the moment I saw a beautiful girl and a placer but not a winner. But when a friend referred me to her fan page and I have been looking at It in these past weeks, she literally shup me up. Her pictures are beautiful and have a variety to them, she speaks both Portuguese (Brazilian) and English very fluently and with all the right marks for great comm skills. Now, every woman (including me) who is not a native English speaker should keep polishing it every day with practice. From her videos I can recall she also works in certain projects that are very necessary in the Brazilian culture which mean she is actually in touch with the problems in Brazil. She is obviously a beautiful girl but her strong point facially is her smile, you all know how important is it for me when women smile. Her Brazilian body is obviously great because well they do almost every time have the best body. In summary, she was completely taken me by surprise so if you are reading this I have to say “I’ve never met but I apologize for not giving you enough credit”. Now, she is another girl who will benefit from the styling department so her candidacy is cemented. Her choice of colors in her clothing and makeup will be very important because she needs to find that JUST RIGHT styling. Girls with her hair and skin color can look great on many things, but she will need to find that amazing look for the final night. I still have to keep my eye out for her catwalk and possible questions and answer portion. But for now, you are being watched young lady.

8TH: USA (#6 AT FIRST HOTPICKS)
USA is one of the girls that I actually find very pretty, for me even better looking than the Miss International USA in terms of facial beauty. Her face is a very simple mix of elegance and youth, a freshness factor appears constantly in her pictures. The only thing I would like to see from her is her personality and stage presence, those things proved important last year with Heylimar. This girl seems like she could become a placer easily if she manages to impress the judges over there but I don’t think that will be a problem. Now, this is another girl I believe could become done or undone with styling; her freshness can be easily overshadowing by a dress that is too much or not the best style for her to wear. Same as hairstyle and whatever she chooses to wear in the pre-pageant activities, she still has a couple of months to prepare herself. So I hope she will use this time wisely.

9TH NETHERLANDS (NEW ADDITION)
This is a new girl I found while making this list in order for me not to have just 11 girls like last time and I am very glad I did. I think this girl is very beautiful and the Netherlands team has shown to be one with a lot of personality and skill. This is yet another girl that I have not had the pleasure to see walk or communicate much but I still see some potential in her to place. Hopefully I can see more of her in the following months and she could place even higher than right now. But for now, I see potential in this girl.

10TH: AUSTRALIA (#9 AT FIRST HOT PICKS)
Australia is a great contestant which is not surprising since the Aussies have proved for ages that they are great in terms of pageantry. I wish for her to make herself stand out because we have seen many blondes from Australia and that could against her. But worry not because with the right training she could stand out and potentially place, especially if she possesses the usual Australian stage presence.

11TH: VIETNAM (NEW ADDITION)
Another one of the girls found exclusively for this edition and I don’t know how I hadn’t seen her before, she is quite pretty. I have participated in so many PG Games that I sometimes forget names and girls and this is one I actually saw in her national pageant. I’m pretty I had her in my prediction somewhere too but I must have forgotten with the amount of games I’ve played. I remember she had a very good stage presence which landed her in the elemental crowns of that pageant. So, I think she has potential to play in this particular pageant; another point to her is that her candids are pretty nice along with her professional pictures. This is another girl who could pull an upset in this pageant so it would be interesting to see how she could compete against the favorites. She could become an underdog on this year’s pageant on December. I feel like she still has stuff to show me in the following months so I am patiently waiting to see what she brings to the table.

12TH: COLOMBIA (NEW ADDITION)
Colombia was actually chosen after the first hot picks and I found her to be a very worthy candidate in the Miss Earth Colombia pageant. Although I find her face a little problematic sometimes her Colombian performance set of skills will sure give her an advantage in the competition. Sometimes I think she looks better in candids, but nevertheless she is a very cute girl. I want to see her polish all of her skills so she can become the complete package and a threat to the girls above her in the list. But as of now all I have to say is that she is probably a sure placer but that she can become a lot better with training and styling in these months.

13TH: PUERTO RICO (#11 AT FIRST HOTPICKS)
Now of course Josmarie is a girl I am watching closely, even though she wouldn’t have been my first choice but she is Puertorrican therefore we salute her. Now don’t get me wrong, she is a cute girl but her biggest attribute will be that performance and if I am not mistaken from past competitions she is a very good one. So, I wouldn’t count her out of the Top 15 just yet for she could pull an upset coming December so I am looking at her closely. I actually found her to look way better and more natural in her candids than in her professional shots so that could actually do her very good in the pre-pageant activities and the final night. The only thing I would change of her is perhaps her hair color because I have seen her as a blond and the orange color she has now. I’m not sure if she is trying to go for the redhead or like brunette look but if that’s the case a different shade will do her a lot better than this one. I am withholding my scorecard until I see her catwalk and comm skills in this following months because I do feel she was chosen for a reason so I expect her to be a performer. And who knows, maybe she can shut me up like Brazil did and if that’s the case I will be the first one to admit. I am very intrigued to see how she will perform as the local successor of Heylimar, but not yet her international successor. Only time will tell where will I be able to place this girl.

The Duchess
PAGEANT EXPERTS are MASTERS & PROFESSIONAL ANALYSTS of pageantry.

Date of Birth: 01 Sep 1995
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: Costume Design
Hobbies/Interests: Arts, Music, Literature

Re: <3 The Duchess' MISS INTERCONTINENTAL SECOND HOT PICS <3

Postby hauteegirl » Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:50 am

This is the pageant i wouldnt worry about face value and Q&A. Remember Miss intercon 2014? :)>-
hauteegirl
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.

Real Life Name/Nick: Queen
Date of Birth: 14 Jan 2008
Profession: beauty queen
Hobbies/Interests: exotic plants hobbyist

Postby The Duchess » Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:01 am

hauteegirl wrote:This is the pageant i wouldnt worry about face value and Q&A. Remember Miss intercon 2014? :)>-

EW yeah. But I am hoping for a girl that can be a girl worthy of being Heilimar's successor, she is one of my favorite MUPR contestants of all time and should have won
The Duchess

Postby DORABIAN » Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:01 pm

PH WILL WIN ITS FIRST INTERCONTINENTAL CROWN. KATARINA IS THE ONLY WINNER THAT IM ROOTING FOR FROM 2017 Bb. Pilipinas BATCH!
THE UGLIEST WINNER IN BIG FOUR PAGEANTS (BIG 3 RATHER).
DORABIAN
Dark green members are SEMI-ACTIVE posters.
Dark green members are SEMI-ACTIVE posters.

Date of Birth: 21 Dec 1917
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: FUCKING PEOPLE
Hobbies/Interests: FUCKING

Postby Alix-ann » Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:09 pm

I just published in my blog a review about the fate of the representatives of my country in this year's contests, and among those was precisely Maritza Contreras, I will briefly break down the information I got from her as the representative of Venezuela in the Miss Intercontinental 2017.

Maritza Contreras, was one of the finalists of Miss Táchira (one of the regional franchises associated with the OMV) of the year 2014, however she did not manage to enter among the girls chosen to enter that year's edition of the MV. She is a model and athlete, being an avid volleyball player, in fact her love for sports allowed her to win the crown of Miss Sports Venezuela 2016, which then gave a direct pass to the winner to be the representative of the country in the Miss Gwand International, so initially Maritza was going to be the one to represent us in this contest, however a few months after that the MGV franchise changed its national director and that change apparently also changed the ownership of who would represent Venezuela in the Asian contest, and that later it was learned that Tulia Alemán, former contestant of the MV16, was the candidate designated as the new MGV, while Ms. Contreras became the candidate chosen by the Miss Intercontinental Venezuela organization to be the country's representative in the MIC17.

It is worth mentioning that, on 3 December 2017, the Miss Intercontinental Venezuela 2017 took place in Caracas, a contest that evidently has the job of electing the Venezuelan representative to the Miss Intercontinental, as well as the representatives to other international competitions.
The final result of the Miss Intercontinental Venezuela 2017 was formed as follows: 3rd finalist, Ángela Lozano; 2nd finalist, Bárbara Rondón; 1st finalist, Michelle Mendoza; Miss Supertalent, María Laura López; Miss Eco Venezuela, Leix Collins; Miss Top Model of the World Venezuela, Ysmar Martínez; and Miss Intercontinental Venezuela 2017 is Gina Bitorzoli, she will represent Venezuela in the MIC18.
The new MICV17 Gina Bitorzoli was crowned by the current MICV (designated) Maritza Contreras who will represent Venezuela in the MIC17.

I hope that this brief information will help you to know a little more about the Venezuelan representatives to both the MIC17 and the MIC18... :-*

Regards,
Alix-ann
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.

Real Life Name/Nick: Alix
Date of Birth: 05 Jul 1974
Profession: Graphic Designer
Western Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Hobbies/Interests: Design, Draw, illustrate
Message: I am a big fan of royalty, crowns and beauty pageants!...

Postby Alix-ann » Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:19 pm

Oh! and by the way, what is certain in the information that can be obtained from the contest on Facebook that the MIC17 was reprogrammed and that it will no longer be made on December 21 as announced, and instead will now be moved to cbo between on January 10 and 26, 2018? ... even there is talk of a new headquarters: in Egypt. Does anyone know anything about that?

Regards,
Alix-ann

Postby The Duchess » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:12 pm

Alix-ann wrote:Oh! and by the way, what is certain in the information that can be obtained from the contest on Facebook that the MIC17 was reprogrammed and that it will no longer be made on December 21 as announced, and instead will now be moved to cbo between on January 10 and 26, 2018? ... even there is talk of a new headquarters: in Egypt. Does anyone know anything about that?

Regards,

Okay yeah let me answer that cause I realized I havent updated my hotpicks. So, what happened was that the majority of contestants already had paid for their tickets for Sri Lanka. Then the Organization decided to change the venue to Egypt regardless of the fact that most girls had already paid for their Sri Lanka tickets. Which is why candidates like Malta will no longer participate in this edition, some were unable to pay the new tickets and others because of their studies. I was told by one of the candidates that Venezuela was no longer participating but that was weeks ago. So in the end, is Maritza in?

I should probably update this hotpicks but I gotta confirm the girls who will pariticipate.

The contest will be in Egypt on Dec.26 I think, PR will leave for Europe somewhere along the 10th and 12th
The Duchess

Postby Alix-ann » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:57 pm

The Duchess wrote:
Alix-ann wrote:Oh! and by the way, what is certain in the information that can be obtained from the contest on Facebook that the MIC17 was reprogrammed and that it will no longer be made on December 21 as announced, and instead will now be moved to cbo between on January 10 and 26, 2018? ... even there is talk of a new headquarters: in Egypt. Does anyone know anything about that?

Regards,

Okay yeah let me answer that cause I realized I havent updated my hotpicks. So, what happened was that the majority of contestants already had paid for their tickets for Sri Lanka. Then the Organization decided to change the venue to Egypt regardless of the fact that most girls had already paid for their Sri Lanka tickets. Which is why candidates like Malta will no longer participate in this edition, some were unable to pay the new tickets and others because of their studies. I was told by one of the candidates that Venezuela was no longer participating but that was weeks ago. So in the end, is Maritza in?

I should probably update this hotpicks but I gotta confirm the girls who will pariticipate.

The contest will be in Egypt on Dec.26 I think, PR will leave for Europe somewhere along the 10th and 12th

Well ... as far as I know about Maritza's participation was that if I was going to participate, but really with the change of date and place suddenly now I'm not sure if Venezuela will participate or not in this edition, but here in Venezuela as what I have consulted has not appeared any information that talks about that Venezuela is going to cancel its participation for the MIC17... at least until now, nothing officially has been published...

Regards,
Alix-ann

Return to Miss Intercontinental