HIV is everyone’s concern - Take the Test

HIV is everyone’s concern - Take the Test

Postby IamDencio » Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:37 pm

253 more HIV/AIDs cases in September
By Sheila Crisostomo (The Philippine Star) Updated November 04, 2011 12:00

MANILA, Philippines - The Department of Health (DOH) recorded an all-time high of 253 new HIV/AIDS cases on a monthly basis in September, bringing to 7,684 the number of Filipinos known to be infected with the virus, a report showed yesterday.

The report, prepared by the DOH’s National Epidemiology Center, showed that the 253 cases – five of which have already progressed to AIDS – was 65 percent higher than the 153 cases recorded in September 2010. Last August, 196 new HIV cases were recorded.

The DOH said that most of the cases (95 percent) were males, the median age of whom was 27 years old. The age range among the victims is from 16 to 67 years.

The 20 to 29 age group had the most number of cases (57 percent). Fifty-three percent (135) of the reported cases were from the National Capital Region.

The report showed that the sector of men-having-sex-with-men (MSM) is the group with the most number of cases (83 percent).

Injecting drug users (IDUs) who contracted the AIDS virus by sharing needles accounted for 27 cases, increasing the apprehension of experts this sector will be contributing significantly to the country’s HIV/AIDS epidemic.

Of the 253 new cases, 16 were overseas Filipino workers who all acquired HIV through sexual contact. Eleven of them were males while five were females.

The report showed that from January to September 2011, a total of 1,669 Filipinos became infected with HIV; 71 of the cases have progressed into AIDS.

The DOH noted that since its registry for HIV/AIDS began in 1984, there were 7,684 HIV cases and 936 of them developed into AIDS.

It said that of the 7,684 people who became infected with HIV from 1984 to 2011, 91 percent (7,013) were infected through sexual contact; three percent (218) through needle sharing among IDUs; one percent (55) through mother-to-child transmission and one (20) through blood transfusion. No data, however, is available for five percent (375) of the cases.

Decades ago, commercial sex workers were the primary transmitters of HIV/AIDS in the country.

But the report showed that from 2007, there has been a shift in the predominant trend of sexual transmission by heterosexual contact to the MSM sector.

Two years ago, the DOH had observed rising cases of HIV among IDUs primarily in Cebu City and adjacent towns, raising fears among experts because the virus spreads faster among this sector.

Link: http://www.philstar.com/Article.aspx?articleId=744401&publicationSubCategoryId=63

Take the Test!
Like the FB FanPage - http://www.facebook.com/takethetest

IamDencio
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.

Real Life Name/Nick: Dencio
Date of Birth: 30 Sep 1983
Profession: Call Center Sup
Western Zodiac Sign: Libra
Hobbies/Interests: Photography

Re: HIV is everyone’s concern - Take the Test

Postby mario_venum_rock » Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:41 pm

do you know where can i have free hiv test and confidential results? I must admit it im very active and does unprotected play can somebody pm me Im just concern now with my health
ImageImageImage
mario_venum_rock
ENTERTAINERS are FUNNY people.

Real Life Name/Nick: moi austin pan
Date of Birth: 12 Dec 1987
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: CREDIT OFFICER / SKIP TRACER
Western Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Chinese Zodiac: Rabbit
Hobbies/Interests: body piercing and aurabels keme

Postby PUTO BUMBONG » Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:51 pm

for me mas magandang hindi hindi mo na lang malaman,kung tutuusin mas mahaba pa ang buhay ng mga HIV+,tsaka kung hindi ka man HIV+ bakit wala na bang cancer,dengue,rabies,AH1N1,na mga malalalang sakit na agad kang mamamatay...enjoy and live life to the fullest...kasi no matter how short or long your life is ang mahalag naging masaya ka sa buhay na ipinahiram sayo ng PANGINOON,at kung hindi mo pa alam kung HIV+ ka nga eh matuto ka ng mag ingat...
pag MABANGO ang SINAMPAY...maamoy MO rin ang TAGUMPAY!
PUTO BUMBONG

Real Life Name/Nick: SPECIAL PUTO BUMBONG KASI DAKAL MARGARINE
Date of Birth: 08 May 1994
Profession: FASHION ISKIMPERTU
Hobbies/Interests: MUSIC,PAGEANTS,TRAVEL,CRATFWORK

Postby IamDencio » Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:54 pm

mario_venum_rock wrote: do you know where can i have free hiv test and confidential results? I must admit it im very active and does unprotected play can somebody pm me Im just concern now with my health

PM sent
IamDencio

Postby IamDencio » Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:59 pm

PUTO BUMBONG wrote:for me mas magandang hindi hindi mo na lang malaman,kung tutuusin mas mahaba pa ang buhay ng mga HIV+,tsaka kung hindi ka man HIV+ bakit wala na bang cancer,dengue,rabies,AH1N1,na mga malalalang sakit na agad kang mamamatay...enjoy and live life to the fullest...kasi no matter how short or long your life is ang mahalag naging masaya ka sa buhay na ipinahiram sayo ng PANGINOON,at kung hindi mo pa alam kung HIV+ ka nga eh matuto ka ng mag ingat...

Sorry po pero, you have to know if youre HIV+. Selfishness po na nde mo malaman or alamin if your positive or not. Isa sa mga reasons kung bakit lumalaki ang populasyon ng HIV+ sa Pilipinas because kulang tayo sa awareness. yung figures na nasa taas yan pa lng yung reported cases and mas madami pa dyan yung nde alam na HIV+ sila. Wala mawawala if we take the test.
IamDencio

Postby mario_venum_rock » Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:00 pm

yangsterboi wrote:
mario_venum_rock wrote: do you know where can i have free hiv test and confidential results? I must admit it im very active and does unprotected play can somebody pm me Im just concern now with my health

PM sent

il check on it salamat haist im nervous :-j :-j :-j
ImageImageImage
mario_venum_rock

Postby mario_venum_rock » Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:03 pm

yangsterboi wrote:
PUTO BUMBONG wrote:for me mas magandang hindi hindi mo na lang malaman,kung tutuusin mas mahaba pa ang buhay ng mga HIV+,tsaka kung hindi ka man HIV+ bakit wala na bang cancer,dengue,rabies,AH1N1,na mga malalalang sakit na agad kang mamamatay...enjoy and live life to the fullest...kasi no matter how short or long your life is ang mahalag naging masaya ka sa buhay na ipinahiram sayo ng PANGINOON,at kung hindi mo pa alam kung HIV+ ka nga eh matuto ka ng mag ingat...

Sorry po pero, you have to know if youre HIV+. Selfishness po na nde mo malaman or alamin if your positive or not. Isa sa mga reasons kung bakit lumalaki ang populasyon ng HIV+ sa Pilipinas because kulang tayo sa awareness. yung figures na nasa taas yan pa lng yung reported cases and mas madami pa dyan yung nde alam na HIV+ sila. Wala mawawala if we take the test.

i have a question if im positive will there be a cure? i mean may magagawa pa ba para maagapan?
ImageImageImage
mario_venum_rock

Postby PUTO BUMBONG » Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:07 pm

mario_venum_rock wrote:
yangsterboi wrote:

i have a question if im positive will there be a cure? i mean may magagawa pa ba para maagapan?

ang alam ko walang known cure once na mainfect ka or HIV+ ka na,ang magagawa mo na lang eh huwag ng hayaang mag progress into AIDS sa pamamagitan ng pag inom ng gamot libre lang yata sa DOH yun
PUTO BUMBONG

Postby mario_venum_rock » Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:11 pm

PUTO BUMBONG wrote:
mario_venum_rock wrote:
yangsterboi wrote:

ang alam ko walang known cure once na mainfect ka or HIV+ ka na,ang magagawa mo na lang eh huwag ng hayaang mag progress into AIDS sa pamamagitan ng pag inom ng gamot libre lang yata sa DOH yun

i dont kno0w bigla akong kinabahan ive been very active talaga as per my thread viewtopic.php?f=275&t=111512 even with unknown people mairaos ko lang sometimes trip lang talaga
ImageImageImage
mario_venum_rock

Postby PUTO BUMBONG » Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:17 pm

mario_venum_rock wrote:
PUTO BUMBONG wrote:
mario_venum_rock wrote:
yangsterboi wrote:

i dont kno0w bigla akong kinabahan ive been very active talaga as per my thread viewtopic.php?f=275&t=111512 even with unknown people mairaos ko lang sometimes trip lang talaga

ako din kaya ganyan..hindi naman very active pag lang inuutusan akong mag grocery ng mama ko suma sidetrip ako ahahaha unprotected sex din,kinakain ko yung cum ni kuya ipinapakain ko rin yung sakin ahaha
PUTO BUMBONG

Postby mario_venum_rock » Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:44 pm

lvepeeple wrote:

AND WHERE DID U GET THAT INFO? IT SEEMS LIKE U ARE PART OF THE PROBLEM... I WOULD SUGGEST THAT YOU KEEP YOURSELF INFORMED ABOUT LIFE SPAN OF PEOPLE WITH AIDS WHO'S GETTING TREATMENT AND THOSE WHO IGNORE TO GET TESTED AND CONTINUED TO HAVE UNPROTECTED SEX... LISTENING TO YOU IS LIKE LISTENING TO SOMEONE ON A SUICIDE MISSION. LACK OF SELF ESTEEM ? MAYBE ?ILL INFORMED, ILL EDUCATED OR JUST A DUMB ASS....THEY ENDED UP GETTING HIV/AIDS BECAUSE THEY HAVE YOUR MENTALITY...... A VERY STUPID MENTALITY.. I WOULD'N'T BE SURPRISE IF YOUR IQ IS CLOSE TO BORDERLINE RETARDATION OR MAYBE YOU'RE ON DRUGS.... :%)) :%)) :%)) :%)) :%)) :%)) :%))

I still believe that as a human its ur basic right and also ur obligation to t5he entire humanity as well as to ur own well being to know the status of ur health thats why Im freaking out now
ImageImageImage
mario_venum_rock

Postby ToiletPaper » Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:09 pm

Malilibog kasi! =0 =0 L-)
ToiletPaper
PIONEERS are the most experienced members of Missosology.

Real Life Name/Nick: ヤーン♥
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 2008
Profession: おしえない
Hobbies/Interests: おしえない

Postby mario_venum_rock » Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:17 pm

ToiletPaper wrote:Malilibog kasi! =0 =0 L-)
teh di ka mabubuo kung walang libog sa mundo thats part of human basic needs
ImageImageImage
mario_venum_rock

Postby PUTO BUMBONG » Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:17 pm

lvepeeple wrote:

AND WHERE DID U GET THAT INFO? IT SEEMS LIKE U ARE PART OF THE PROBLEM... I WOULD SUGGEST THAT YOU KEEP YOURSELF INFORMED ABOUT LIFE SPAN OF PEOPLE WITH AIDS WHO'S GETTING TREATMENT AND THOSE WHO IGNORE TO GET TESTED AND CONTINUED TO HAVE UNPROTECTED SEX... LISTENING TO YOU IS LIKE LISTENING TO SOMEONE ON A SUICIDE MISSION. LACK OF SELF ESTEEM ? MAYBE ?ILL INFORMED, ILL EDUCATED OR JUST A DUMB ASS....THEY ENDED UP GETTING HIV/AIDS BECAUSE THEY HAVE YOUR MENTALITY...... A VERY STUPID MENTALITY.. I WOULD'N'T BE SURPRISE IF YOUR IQ IS CLOSE TO BORDERLINE RETARDATION OR MAYBE YOU'RE ON DRUGS.... :%)) :%)) :%)) :%)) :%)) :%)) :%))

yeah maybe a combination of everything you said!
PUTO BUMBONG

Postby iamjordg » Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:18 pm

hi guys. there are kits available online and those are safe and secured.

http://www.curaherbdistributor.com/?zen ... 5b2ebcaee9

or

http://www.hivtest.com.my/
2013 Travels:Australia,Belgium,Holland,Switzerland,Austria,Italy,Vatican City,Germany,France

iamjordg

Real Life Name/Nick: Jorge
Date of Birth: 10 Jan 1988
Sexual Orientation: -----------
Profession: Inventory Manager
Western Zodiac Sign: Aries
Chinese Zodiac: Dog
Hobbies/Interests: Surfing

Postby crimespider » Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:38 pm

The Love Yourself Project has members who are DOH certified HIV Confidential Counseling and Testing (HCCT) Counselors who can help individuals assess their risk for STI/ HIV and provide answers on FAQs about HIV testing and risk reduction methods. Contact the site below if you need personal counseling.

http://theloveyourselfproject.blogspot.com/
crimespider
INTERMEDIATES are EVOLVING posters.
INTERMEDIATES are EVOLVING posters.

Date of Birth: 24 May 1978
Profession: advocate
Western Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Chinese Zodiac: Snake
Hobbies/Interests: traveling

Postby mario_venum_rock » Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:12 am

crimespider wrote:The Love Yourself Project has members who are DOH certified HIV Confidential Counseling and Testing (HCCT) Counselors who can help individuals assess their risk for STI/ HIV and provide answers on FAQs about HIV testing and risk reduction methods. Contact the site below if you need personal counseling.

http://theloveyourselfproject.blogspot.com/

i checked on this site
ImageImageImage
mario_venum_rock

Postby jczevahc » Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:03 am

sabi ng prof ko sa microbiology, 5-8 yrs daw ang incubation period ng virus na yan, so maaaring maging negative kayo ngayon kung magpa hiv test kayo after after 5-8 yrs maging positive kayo, (sensya na, di ko na kasi maalala yung complete details) haha
ingat lang tlga ang katapat! :=p
jczevahc
CUTIES are ADORABLE & CUTE members.

Real Life Name/Nick: jc
Date of Birth: 06 Jan 1992
Profession: student
Western Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Chinese Zodiac: Monkey
Hobbies/Interests: designs, pageants, fashion

Postby poke_her_face » Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:12 am

jeyzi wrote:sabi ng prof ko sa microbiology, 5-8 yrs daw ang incubation period ng virus na yan, so maaaring maging negative kayo ngayon kung magpa hiv test kayo after after 5-8 yrs maging positive kayo, (sensya na, di ko na kasi maalala yung complete details) haha

Hmmm...I am not sure this is correct.

I am aware of the information that the virus will take around 5-10 years before it becomes full blown AIDS. However when it comes to finding out if you are positive or not, I know it only takes 6 months upon the suspected date of infection.
Image Image
poke_her_face

Real Life Name/Nick: --
Date of Birth: 09 Mar 1987
Sexual Orientation: Gay
Profession: Education
Western Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Hobbies/Interests: Travel, food, art and discourse.

Postby Jess Destiny » Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:19 am

I hope no one from here gets the disease coz its really depressing if you will acquire HIV!!! Good luck on those who'll take the test!!!:)) Just a piece of advice, Practice safe sex and avoid having different sex partners!!! Pls be cautious and watchout for your health!!:))

:-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

7 Crowns in 5 years; 2 Miss International, 2 Miss Earth, 1 Miss Universe, 1 Miss World and 1 Miss Supranational.
Jess Destiny
SUPER STARS are POPULAR or CHARISMATIC posters.
SUPER STARS are POPULAR or CHARISMATIC posters.

Real Life Name/Nick: Maldits
Date of Birth: 24 Jan 1990
Sexual Orientation: -----------
Profession: Psychologist / Law Student
Chinese Zodiac: Horse
Hobbies/Interests: Analyzing Beauty Pageants

Postby jczevahc » Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:21 am

poke_her_face wrote:
jeyzi wrote:sabi ng prof ko sa microbiology, 5-8 yrs daw ang incubation period ng virus na yan, so maaaring maging negative kayo ngayon kung magpa hiv test kayo after after 5-8 yrs maging positive kayo, (sensya na, di ko na kasi maalala yung complete details) haha

I am aware of the information that the virus will take around 5-10 years before it becomes full blown AIDS. However when it comes to finding out if you are positive or not, I know it only takes 6 months upon the suspected date of infection.

ewan, haha basta yun yung sabi nya samin.. :">
jczevahc

Real Life Name/Nick: jc
Date of Birth: 06 Jan 1992
Profession: student
Chinese Zodiac: Monkey
Hobbies/Interests: designs, pageants, fashion

Postby princepauper » Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:30 am

Just practice safe always.....
Looking for my better half. Someone who deserves me. Someone whom i can call as my own and someone i'll consider to be the last page of my coloring book

princepauper

Date of Birth: 19 Aug 1982
Profession: hmmmm
Western Zodiac Sign: Leo
Chinese Zodiac: Dog
Hobbies/Interests: Surfing the net

Postby rrhotj » Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:15 am

I think finding the right partner and practicing monogamy (the two of them, not only one person) would be a great key to avoiding this scenario of being a HIV positive person.
LIFE IS SHORT. LIVE LIFE EACH DAY TO THE FULLEST :)
rrhotj

Date of Birth: 07 Aug 1984
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual
Profession: businessman
Western Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Chinese Zodiac: Pig
Hobbies/Interests: sports, music, beautiful people

Postby suswot » Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:44 am

jeyzi wrote:
poke_her_face wrote:

ewan, haha basta yun yung sabi nya samin.. :">

Hello.... As far as i'm concern, as early as possible pwede ka na magpa-1st screening ng ELISA test for HIV screening. No matter what the result is, kailangan mong magpa-screen ulit...After 6months, dun isasagawa ang 2nd ELISA test....then kung negative ka, it's your prerogative to undergo an another confirmation test whixh is known as WESERN BLOT...kung nag-positive ka naman sa 2nd ELISA test mo, YOU SHOULD UNDERGO WESTERN BLOT kasi confirmatory test yun...

It takes 6months or more po para ma-confirm kung may HIV ka na or wala pa...and es, pwedeng hanggang 10 years po ang incubation period ng HIV,,,

Regarding the updates w/ the HIV virus, sa ngayon po ay MINAMADALI na ng mga scientist ng buong mundo ang pagtuklas sa lunas hingil sa virs na ito dahil po napapansin nilang kada taon ay PALIIT NA NG PALIIT ang HIV virus, and MAY POSSIBILITY po na just like what happened to SARS, TB, etc,,, pwedeng maging AIRBORNE na ang route of transmission ng HIV infection....

Actually meron nang 1 tao ang gumaling sa sakit na HIV. pero yung ginamit na proseso sa kanya eh hindi applicable sa lahat ng may HIV postive clients...
suswot

Real Life Name/Nick: JR
Date of Birth: 19 Feb 1990
Profession: Registered Nurse
Western Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Chinese Zodiac: Horse
Hobbies/Interests: Surfing the Net
Message: Thanks Missosology for providing a great access and information on beauties around the world :-)

Postby nuwave » Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:21 am

nice infos,,,,,, naalala ko yung mahilig mag post ng sex escapade niya sa forum.... meron abroad,,, tabi tabi..... so ingat lang po//////////// :=p :=p :=p
nuwave

Real Life Name/Nick: jet mon
Date of Birth: 20 Dec 1972
Profession: E R NURSE / SURGERY
Chinese Zodiac: Rooster
Hobbies/Interests: THE GREAT OUT DOORS,, SIGHT SEEING I NET and FOOD

Postby jamirsato » Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:24 am

WALA BANG NABIBILI OVER THE COUNTER DYAN SA PINAS? I HAVE LOTS OF HOME HIV TEST KIT. I CHECK EVERY 3 MOS.
jamirsato

Date of Birth: 21 Dec 1985
Hobbies/Interests: Facebook
Message: I've been reading this forum since May 2005 but I've only decided to join today.

Postby PUTO BUMBONG » Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:54 am

jamirsato wrote:

WALA BANG NABIBILI OVER THE COUNTER DYAN SA PINAS? I HAVE LOTS OF HOME HIV TEST KIT. I CHECK EVERY 3 MOS.

oh anong result kuya?kakalowkah kah ahahaha in fairness gwapo ka naman kasi kaya ang daming nahihibang sayo...nabasa ko sa isang thread na quicky sex!
PUTO BUMBONG

Postby XAMURAI » Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:09 am

AIDS....... My research report when I was in 4th year high school! That was like 16 years ago! 8-}
My Interview for GMA Western Visayas

[youtube]0UHn679-4P4[/youtube]
XAMURAI
ADMINS are OFFICIAL staffers of Missosology.
ADMINS are OFFICIAL staffers of Missosology.

Real Life Name/Nick: XAMURAI
Date of Birth: 01 Jul 1979
Profession: Company Employee and Entrepreneur
Western Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Hobbies/Interests: Basketball and Camping

Postby ToiletPaper » Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:54 am

mario_venum_rock wrote:

dapat kasi kilala mo na, hindi yung sugod agad sex sa office 8-}
use your brain over kalibogan.. =D>
ToiletPaper

Real Life Name/Nick: ヤーン♥
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 2008
Profession: おしえない
Hobbies/Interests: おしえない

Postby PUTO BUMBONG » Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:53 am

ToiletPaper wrote:
mario_venum_rock wrote:

dapat kasi kilala mo na, hindi yung sugod agad sex sa office 8-}
use your brain over kalibogan.. =D>

look who's talking?eh sino kaya ang muntik ng mahuli ng tatay niya na nanonood ng porno sa phone niya?di ba kalibugan din yon?
PUTO BUMBONG

Next

Return to Education