♔ Juan Sebastian's|Miss USA 2016|Countdown To The Crown ♔

Postby Juan Sebastian » Sat Jun 04, 2016 9:59 pm

Miss USA is one of the most exciting national pageants to follow as it hints at what the upcoming edition of Miss Universe will be like. USA is always competitive at Miss Universe and if the right girl is chosen, this year will be no different. I was able to attend the preliminary competition and I plan on attending the coronation night tomorrow as well. Although I feel this edition has just a rehash of Miss Universe 2015, I have enjoyed following it. The energy was amazing at the new T-Mobile Arena, and I hope whenever the MUO comes to Vegas, they continue to host pageants there. I was mostly disappointed in their preliminary performances and it changed my list drastically. I decided to rank all the girls, comment on each of them and categorize them into 8 groups: Certified Clappers, Clappers, Dark Horses, Bubbling Up, Top 15, Top 10, Top 5 and Top 3. I am expecting that Miss USA 2016 will be among my Top 5 contestants. So, let’s get down to it, beginning with the certified clappers.

Certified Clappers

I am even confused to how these girls won their state pageants, these states have sent better and can clearly do better than these girls. Hopefully they step up their game and send girls who are at least worthy of a spot in the Top 15 next year.

North Dakota - Halley Maas

The only positive thing that I can say about her is that I liked her gown and I hope it’s reused for a frontrunner in the future. It’s amazing that she comes from the same state that sent the stunning Audra Mari a few years ago. She’s not my definition of beautiful, that’s all.

Wyoming - Autumn Olson

I find Autumn forgettable and not very beautiful either. She got lost in the crowd and looks a little bit haggard to me which is concerning because she’s one of the younger contestants.

Washington - Kelsey Schmidt

Kelsey could’ve placed much higher than this as I actually think she’s quite pretty. However, her preliminary performance was a joke as it was way to overdone and her stunts were executed very poorly.

Alaska - Ariane Audett

Ariane actually did better than I anticipated, which says a lot about how she was before considering how low she is on my list. She did not look ugly, but she did not deliver either and is not pretty enough to make the Top 15.

Vermont - Neely Fortune

I saw Neely’s snapchat takeover and I actually thought there was a slight chance she could make it as she slightly resembled Rolene Strauss. However she seemed uncomfortable on stage and had poor styling.

Clappers

These girls aren’t as bad as the bottom 5 girls, but in no way are they Top 15 material and I expect them all to easily clap. However, if there is a WTF placement, I expect that it will come from these girls.

Delaware - Alexandra Vorontsova

Alexandra’s styling was a hot mess and she looked really uncomfortable on stage. However, she is too beautiful to be put in the certified clappers category even though she is a certified clapper.

Indiana - Morgan Abel

Morgan has an interesting beauty and gave a solid preliminary performance, however, she does not meet the criteria of a Top 15 semifinalist as she’s not beautiful enough and didn’t leave much of an impact.

Kentucky - Kyle Hornback

Kyle actually gave a decent performance and her styling was quite nice. However, I just don’t find her facially beautiful at all.

New Mexico - Naomie Germain

Naomie had massive potential and I was excited to see what she brought to the table, however she disappointed and did not give an outstanding performance. If there was a best skin award, she’d win it though.

Nebraska - Sarah Hollins

She looks plastic and was timid on stage. Her candids weren’t that impressive either, NEXT!

Rhode Island - Theresa Agonia

She did better and looked better than I anticipated but still, she’s a downgrade from Anea Garcia and did not leave much of an impact.

Illinois - Zena Malak

She’s actually quite pretty, in fact, pretty enough to make the semifinals, but she lacked confidence and looked like she had no idea what she was doing.

Louisiana - Maaliyah Papillion

Her evening gown was quite nice and she might make it similarly to how Miss Indiana did a few years ago, but she didn’t leave much of an impact and her personality isn’t really exciting either.

West Virginia - Nichole Greene

She’s a girl with massive potential and I really liked her gown. However, her face was very disappointing on stage as she did not look beautiful at all, I don’t know how to describe it otherwise.

Montana - Sibahn Doxey

The only word I can think of to describe her is beefcake. She did not look as beautiful as she could’ve in the prelims and her styling was poor. I expected better from her.

Dark Horses

These girls are potential semifinalists who didn’t deliver as much as I had hoped or were a bit too unprepared for the pageant. Don’t be surprised if 2-3 of these girls manage to sneak into the Top 15.

Connecticut - Tiffany Teixeira

At one point, Tiffany was my favorite for the crown. However, she’s drastically fallen down my list as I didn’t realize she’s pageant patty at its finest.

Maine - Marisa Butler

Marisa is quite pretty and did a solid job in the preliminaries considering how timid she looked. I think there is a chance that she could make the cut.

Arkansas - Abby Floyd

I think Abby is sexy, has the most stunning eyes and chose a very gown that fit her very well. However, she was very forgettable and her performance did not leave an impact.

Alabama - Peyton Brown

Although I’m very positive that Peyton will clap, the only reason I included her in this group were because she’s just so likable and that could win the judges over in the interview. Possible Miss Congeniality

Iowa - Alissa Morrison

Alissa is pretty but I felt her preliminary performance was very bland and she’s not as beautiful as people say she is.

Utah - Teale Murdock

Teale looked radiant in the evening gown competition and was in my Top 15 for that segment. Otherwise, she was forgettable.

Mississippi - Haley Sowers

Haley is a former Miss Teen USA runner up and acted as if she was competing in Miss Teen USA all over again. Do not expect her to make the Top 15 and even though her evening gown was stunning, it wore her.

Florida - Brie Gabrielle

I really like Brie and I was rooting for her to get to Miss USA for a while but I felt she was way too overcooked and way past her prime.

Oklahoma - Taylor Gorton

She’s a very pretty girl who did a nice job in swimsuit, but there’s no way there’ll be a back to back and Megi Luka wants her gown back.

New York - Serena Bucaj

I am very disappointed in Serena, but that’s not entirely her fault because that Evening Gown was awful. She should change her gown if she places and wants to go far in the finale. A possible candidate for the fan vote winner.

Oregon - Natriana Shorter

One of the pleasant surprises. I can see her placing similarly to how Miss South Africa did at Miss Universe 2015. She’s actually quite pretty, has a great presence and story so I’m sure she’ll do well in the interview portion. Another possible fan vote winner.

North Carolina - Devin Gant

Wow, Devin is stunning and did an amazing job for having such little time to prepare, in fact, she murdered many of the overhyped girls who’ve had months to prepare.

Bubbling Up

These girls just missed out on a shot in my Top 15 either due to lack of room or a disappointing performance. My guess is that we’ll see 2-4 of these girls make the first cut and maybe 1-2 of them will even progress further in the competition. However, winning the crown is quite a stretch right now.

Ohio - Megan Wise

What a disappointment. Her evening gown was beyond awful and I was expecting better from her considering she’s been trying at this for 9 years. She looked way too overbaked and almost real-housewivey.

Tennessee - Hope Stephens

Tennessee can do so much better and it’s ashamed that they’ve been slacking lately, she gave a decent performance but she would not be talked about if she were from another state. The highest she’ll get is Top 15 because of her mediocre body.

Kansas - Victoria Wiggins

Victoria isn’t the most beautiful but she seemed so comfortable on stage and actually walked very well. I really liked her presentation and evening gown and wouldn’t be surprised to see her make the cut tomorrow night. She should’ve gotten a nose job if she wanted to be a real competitor.

Massachusetts - Whitney Sharpe

Whitney didn’t have the best walk or the best gown, but she looked gorgeous on stage. If it were based on just beauty, she’d definitely be included.

Minnesota - Bridget Jacobs

Bridget is a modern day Shandi Finnessey and I think she’s absolutely gorgeous. However, her preliminary performance was good but a little safe which knocked her out of my Top 15.

Missouri - Sydnee Stottlemyre

Sydnee was kinda boring on stage and I was very close to including her in my Top 15, but this former Miss Teen USA runner up needs to take more risks on the finale and needs to change her gown to something completely new if she wants to go anywhere near the crown.

Pennsylvania - Elena LaQuatra

I didn’t have room for Elena in my Top 15 but I definitely expect her to be there. She seems very positive, has a great story and carried her gown very nicely. Her swimsuit performance was a bit weak.

District of Columbia - Deshauna Barber

A very possible fan vote winner who I think is stunning and the 2nd best black girl behind Virginia. She has a great story and I won’t be surprised if the judges include her in the Top 15. She’s an unconventional beauty who delivered a strong performance in both rounds of competition.

New Hampshire - Jessica Strohm

I always thought she was quite pretty but she really delivered in prelims and looked much more beautiful than many overhyped girls. Don’t be surprised if she’s called into the Top 15, I will have no problems if she goes even further as well.

Arizona - Chelsea Myers

What a pleasant surprise! Chelsea did a very nice job in preliminaries and I would actually rather have her make it than some girls in my Top 15. She’s very beautiful and carried herself very well in both competitions. I can see her pulling an upset as well!

Top 15

These girls didn’t shine in the preliminary competition but they didn’t flop either. It really could go either way for them. However, a few of them deserve to make it and if they step up their game, they could go further. I think at least 2 of these girls are secure in the Top 15.

Idaho - Sydney Halper

Sydney could’ve done a lot better considering the amount of hype she was receiving. However, despite a bland performance and styling, she managed to pull of a decent performance. I think she’ll be able to crack the Top 15 but if she wants to go even further, she has to step it up a lot.

Georgia - Emanii Davis

Emanii’s strong walk is what let her into my Top 15 but her mediocre beauty, personality and body stopped her here. When Georgia has sent black girls in recent years, they have sent crown contenders like Jazz Wilkins and Tiana Griggs. However, this girl is nowhere near their level and it’s ashamed because with different styling she could’ve been very beautiful.

Maryland - Christina Denny

Christina delivered solid performances in both rounds and although the color of her gown could’ve been better, she still carried herself very well. I cannot see her winning the crown and I think she could’ve been transformed better, but I can’t see her clapping either.

South Carolina - Leah Lawson

I always thought that Leah was attractive and have wanted to see more of her. I wasn’t sure how she was going to do but she looked her best in the preliminaries. Since she’s appeared on American Idol, is universally beautiful and oozes with Southern Charm she’s sure to go far in the competition.

Nevada - Emelina Adams

Emelina has a great story which will help her make the Top 15 and besides that the pageant is being held here in Las Vegas. Politics are in her favor I think she could make the Top 10, but I excluded her because I thought her swimsuit performance was a bit weak but if she fixes that, I don’t see why she shouldn’t advance further.

Top 10

These girls delivered in the prelims but each of them has something in their way of a spot in the Top 5. Some of these things are fixable and others are not. If they can fix these things, they should easily become Top 5 or even crown material. I expect about 3-4 of these ladies to make the cut.

Miss 52 USA - Alexandra Miller

Alexandra takes very poor candids but showed up to the preliminary competition looking very competitive. However, due to the promotion factor, I do not think that the MUO can afford to crown this type of beauty again and I think it’s very early and unfair this year for a Miss 52 USA to win Miss USA.

South Dakota - Madison McKeown

Now this girl came out of nowhere and surprised me. I wasn’t expecting anything from her but she delivered in both rounds of competition. I am sensing that she will place like Miss Curaçao did last year. Her prelim performance was one of the best but she isn’t pretty enough to go further on my list.

New Jersey - Jessielyn Palumbo

Jessielyn had one of the best presences in the show and could make it all the way to the crown if she fixes her makeup. She’s one of the few girls who actually has a good walk this year and she carried such an ugly gown beautifully.

California - Nadia Mejia

I felt that Nadia played it a bit safe and came off boring in both segments as she used the same dress as she did in her state pageant, but in a different color. I want her to change it up entirely for the finale with an evening gown that no one expects. Although she’s a sure placer, she needs to step it up.

Michigan - Susie Leica

If Susie changes her gown, she will make the Top 5 and even possibly win the crown. Fortunately, her gown is changeable and if she’s reading this, i hope she takes things into her own hands and changes it. Besides that, she looked stunning and her swimsuit performance was one of the best of the batch.

Top 5

These girls have their flaws but they have been consistent throughout the entire competition. Both of them should easily make the Top 15 and sail through the competition. Either of them would make a wonderful Miss USA, but they still have to take on 4 other strong competitors if they want to win.

Wisconsin - Kate Redeker

Kate is one of the major frontrunners for the crown and has one of the best faces of the pageant. I was afraid she’d end up like Miss Minnesota a few years ago if she put on a weak performance, but her performance has assured me that she won’t. She has a very poor walk, but she looked absolutely radiant in both segments and had an electric presence in person on top of that, similarly to Olivia Culpo. Her body was amazing and even though her walk is mediocre, she carried her gown effortlessly. I’m sure her midwestern charm made an impact on the judges in the interview portion and I’m sure we’ll see her in the semifinals at least. Maybe she’ll even pull an Olivia Culpo style victory!

Virginia - Desi Williams

Desi is the stage diva of the pageant and one of the most beautiful girls in the pageant for sure. The only flaw I can think about for her is her bodybuilder body. However, if the MUO follows through with their promise of appreciating all types of bodies, then there’s no reason she shouldn’t make it. She delivered a strong performance on stage and knowing her intelligence and interview skills, I’m sure she delivered in the interview portion as well. She’s the best black girl of the contest and should easily make Top 5 and potentially even win the crown this year.

Top 3

These three ladies need no introduction, they have the star quality of the Miss USA and have what it takes to represent the country at Miss Universe. All 3 of them should make the cut and should make the Top 5 as well. If they don’t, it will be a huge loss for the MUO.

2nd Runner Up
Texas - Daniella Rodriguez

Texas never disappoints at Miss USA and Daniella is no exception. She’s been one of the most consistent contestants since she’s arrived in Vegas and last night, she secured a spot in the Top 5 with exceptional performances in both rounds. Although she can appear a bit plastic, she carried herself very well and even reminded me of Dayana Mendoza a little bit. She’s one of the only girls who lived up to her expectations and went beyond. Texas may very well win their 10th Miss USA crown this year.

1st Runner Up
Colorado - Caley-Rae Pavillard

I must admit that I am surprised that Caley-Rae ended up this high on my list. I think there is a very high possibility that she will win the crown as she is leading many pageant experts lists and she killed the preliminary competition. I expected her to be blah on stage as her candids can sometimes be boring but I knew she was going all the way to the Top 5 when she walked out in swimsuit and then further impressed with a stunning evening gown. The judges must be blind if she doesn’t make the cut and this sexy-vixen would make a terrific Miss USA.

Miss USA 2016
Hawaii - Chelsea Hardin

Chelsea is not your typical Miss USA and that’s exactly why I think she should be crowned. She speaks differently than any other Miss USA, is a tomboy and has never been on stage until her state pageant. However, she was a pro on stage during the prelims. She looked the most beautiful I have ever seen her and she did everything right. Her swimsuit performance wasn’t done and her evening gown was the most beautiful of the pageant and looked like Jennifer Lopez. She doesn’t talk like your typical valley girl pageant patty Miss USA and has the X-Factor as well. I have never seen a Miss USA like her and I believe that would help her standout at Miss Universe. It’s time for another Hawaiian Miss USA.

Thank you for reading and please share who you're favorites are and tell me what you think!

Last edited by Juan Sebastian on Sun Jun 05, 2016 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Juan Sebastian
PAGEANT EXPERTS are MASTERS & PROFESSIONAL ANALYSTS of pageantry.

Real Life Name/Nick: Juan Sebastian
Date of Birth: 06 Apr 1990
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: Pharmacist
Western Zodiac Sign: Aries
Chinese Zodiac: Horse
Hobbies/Interests: music, gambling & miss universe
Message: clap for the heavyweight champ me, but I couldn't do it all alone we

Re: ♔ Juan Sebastian's|Miss USA 2016|Countdown To The Crown

Postby DESIREE CLARY » Sun Jun 05, 2016 1:30 am

I think this is a strong year. I'm super excited about this year because you don't know who is gonna win. >=p

We have amazing girls with a great potential for the national title and then for Miss Universe.

POSSIBLE TOP 7

-WISCONSIN Kate Redeker - This state never won the national crown and perhaps this is her year. I think she has the best look this year if you will compare it to her Ali Landry and Lindsay Wagner.
Kate is making a good job this year for selecting her.

-TEXAS Daniella Rodriguez - I think among all of you, I'm the only one who likes her a lot, plus she has this simple but very appreciative facial beauty. A sentimental favorite of mine for this year. Well, after Olivia Culpo's epic win in 2012, I'm always watching out every Miss Texas USA, year after year. And this year, might return Texas name in the Miss USA finals. I just hope she'll do great in the preliminars.
And note that Miss USA contestants with Latina origin are being favored one of these days.

-MISS 52 USA Alexandra Miller - a resident of Oklahoma City, Oklahoma received the biggest responsability to be the first MISS 52 USA.
One of the strongest delegates I saw after many years. Setting aside her Ireland roots, she has a refreshing beauty. She enjoys traveling, cooking, spending time outdoors at her family’s lake house, strength training, and attending as many country music concerts as she possibly can. If she wins, I'll be happy, and it will be historic to see a Miss USA with a Ireland origin competing in Miss Universe. Good Luck to this beauty!

-HAWAII Chelsea Hardin - After her success in many beauty pageants, news of her joining the Miss Universe pageant system through the Miss USA state pageant made me feel excited for her.
Cosmopolitan girl, Chelsea has traveled to more than 12 different countries on 4 continents and even lived in Romania.
Now that she's Miss Hawaii USA and on her road to become Miss USA, she's one of the strongest, facially and in terms of preparation for pageant. Chelsea currently works as a team member and speed and agility coach with Hawaii Speed, her experience as socialworker is a great advantage. If an exotic chesnut will win Miss USA this year, definitely she is the one!

-SOUTH DAKOTA Madison McKeown - If we have Alyssa Campanella in 2011 and Brittany Oldehoff last year, we have THIS GIRL this year! This girl is a bomb! Right from the moment she won Miss Michigan USA, she's so Miss USA ready! Girl! Good Luck! I'm rooting for you!

-NEW JERSEY Jessielyn Palumbo - Honestly, she's wonderful! None of the rest of this year's contestants are my cup of tea. Complete downgrade, weakest batch ever! Especially for Miss Universe, other countries are really stepping up their game this year, so whoever wins, has a tough road ahead of her. There are some okay-ish girls like Texas and Alaska but they also still need a lot of training. But prove me wrong girls. I still believe in you guys!

-IDAHO Sydney Halper - After that shocking exclusion of Claira Hollingsworth last year, Idaho is back with a vengeance. Among all the 52 delegates, I think she is the safest choice for now, and she's Miss Universe ready! If a back-to-back blonde will win Miss USA, must win this. I said she's Miss Universe ready when I saw her picture in Instagram during her time watching the Miss Teen USAl! For now, she's my pick to be reminds Laura Herring!
If she wins Miss USA, why not? She can be polished!

DESIREE CLARY
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.

Date of Birth: 01 May 1998
Sexual Orientation: -----------
Profession: nurse
Hobbies/Interests: Jewelry making and collect crystals

Postby soledad » Sun Jun 05, 2016 2:30 pm

Not a fan of Idaho but her smile won me over and deserves to be in the top 15?
soledad
PAGEANT HISTORIANS are walking encyclopedias of pageantry.

Date of Birth: 29 Nov 1988
Profession: RN
Western Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Chinese Zodiac: Dragon
Hobbies/Interests: laugh

Postby Juan Sebastian » Sun Jun 05, 2016 4:00 pm

soledad wrote:Not a fan of Idaho but her smile won me over and deserves to be in the top 15?

She does I think, she can be a bit boring but she did nicely and could even win if she steps up her game tonight
Juan Sebastian

Postby soledad » Sun Jun 05, 2016 4:11 pm

Juan Sebastian wrote:
soledad wrote:Not a fan of Idaho but her smile won me over and deserves to be in the top 15?

She does I think, she can be a bit boring but she did nicely and could even win if she steps up her game tonight

Just realized it now, i am not questioning your list.
Sorry for the question mark, should have been a period. Did not mean to, just using a phone to comment
soledad

Date of Birth: 29 Nov 1988
Profession: RN
Western Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Chinese Zodiac: Dragon
Hobbies/Interests: laugh

Postby bootsguy » Sun Jun 05, 2016 5:07 pm

That would be great. Miss Hawaii really looks like representing USA in the low budget less popular Miss Earth pageant as the pageant prefers non-conventional and modest and well-behave contestants.
Watchful Eyes Of A Silhouette http://hamsternice.blogspot.com

bootsguy

Date of Birth: 25 Oct 1960
Sexual Orientation: Gay
Profession: customer service representative soldier
Chinese Zodiac: Rat
Hobbies/Interests: reading, watching television, boots, boys
Message: i want to make friends and learn from fellow pageant fanatics.

Postby Juan Sebastian » Sun Jun 05, 2016 5:32 pm

soledad wrote:
Juan Sebastian wrote:

Just realized it now, i am not questioning your list.
Sorry for the question mark, should have been a period. Did not mean to, just using a phone to comment

Hahaha, don't worry about it, I was just replying to your comment! I wasn't sure about her for a while either tbh because I thought she was kinda plain, but she's really transformed into a more stunning girl!
Juan Sebastian

Postby Islander1 » Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:55 pm

I like Hawaii, and wouldn't mind seeing her win. She's my first runner to Vriginia. I have 4/5 girls in my top 5. I wouldn't be surprised if Texas sneaks up and win the crown.
Miss Universe 2018 Top 3

PUERTO RICO
SOUTH AFRICA
PHILIPPINES
Islander1

Date of Birth: 17 May 1994
Profession: Student
Western Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Hobbies/Interests: Volleyball.

Return to USA