10. VIRGINIA

TOP 16
11. IOWA
12. ARIZONA
13. DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA
14. MINNESOTA
15. NEW JERSEY
16. MISS 52 USA

It's certainly back to the basic for me this year. A lot of girls are as equally stunning. Some look similar to each other - especially the blondes - and I kinda feel that they will cross each other out when it comes to MUO deliberation. So, for a year with no single major front runner, I think it is safe to say that the winner will probably be Chelsea Hardin. To me, she seems like an "all-American girl-next-door" sporty type bombshell, who may be a newbie to pageantry, but has the personality to carry with her the embodiment of a modern-day Miss USA - which is "confidently beautiful"...

Colorado is the perfect "Miss" that everyone would certainly love to see winning the crown, but at times, Miss USA has had this weird habit of placing the most beautiful girl as the runner-up. It's even true with Miss Teen USA. So, if Chelsea will stumble in her final Q&A, which I doubt, then Caley-Rae might just be the "dream girl" that we want to see winning the Miss USA crown. The perfect girl!!!

Florida's Brie Gabrielle is my sentimental favorite because I first saw her compete at Miss California USA, where she became 1st Runner-up. I was actually rooting for her because she was smart, very well-spoken and natural! She may not be super stunning compared to Chelsea and Caley-Rae, but what she may lack in the looks department, she more than makes up with her wit and charm. I really want to see her up there and battle it out for the crown!

Georgia is in 4th place, but certainly I would not mind seeing her win the crown as well. It's been eight years since a black woman had technically won the crown, and she happens to be Crystle Stewart of Texas, who will sit as one of the judges! And Georgia has never won the Miss USA nor the Miss Teen USA crown, yet, despite almost winning them several times! I basically grew up thinking that the Miss USA crown was allergic to Georgian beauties, because they kept on sending intelligent and stunning girls, but they never succeeded in snatching the crown from Texas (1985 to 1989).

On 5th place, and probably I may be wrong with this one, but I am gambling on the charismatic Miss California, Nadia Mejia. I don't know why a lot are not liking her, but maybe because she is unconventional. But I have this feeling that she will go up to the Top 5 so we could hear her speak up about her advocacy and spirituality - things that would make a good debate post-pageant. Beauty-wise, she is pretty enough to make a good winner too! So, we shall see...

For 6th place, and I actually had to debate against myself whether to put her or Nadia in the 5th spot, but I decided to slid Daniella into 6th spot simply because I did not see any impact with that evening gown that she wore for the preliminary round. Texas normally does not change gown, so if Daniella does not change, she will certainly be eaten alive by the other girls who wore mind-blowing white gowns onto the Top 10 round.

Wisconsin is in 7th place, and I personally believe that she has the look that could make Trump go crazy, but it's not anymore the Trump era, so I don't want to expect much from her, even though I personally believe that she is deserving of a Top 5 or even a Top 3 spot. The new owners of Miss USA are keen about publicity, noise and controversy and with a weak Wisconsin sash, it's an uphill climb for Kate.

South Dakota will probably be the rightful winner if this pageant is held in the 1980s to early 1990s, when performance and intelligence really mattered, but with a weak sash and a state with a very small population and less viewership, I think that she will be sidelined. However, one might think about Hawaii being a small state as well, but how come she is my winner!? Well, Hawaii is Hawaii and it's always in the heart of every American to root for Hawaii no matter what.

Missouri come in 9th place to me, and I think that she is very pretty with a very commercial look - perfect for modeling and showbiz! Her gown is not so outstanding, though, so I am afraid that her journey will end in the Top 10. But, I might be wrong!

Virginia, the doctor, is in my 10th place. The red gown that she wore in the prelims looked very basic. Nothing special at all! That will prevent her from going further. She has to change it, and if she does, Georgia's Emanii Davis might be sidelined to give way for Desiree.

Iowa is in 11th place. I like her, she did everything right! She is pretty and I always have this thing about girls wearing black gown during Miss USA, and they seem to always sneak into the Top 5. It could be her!

Arizona is another pretty blonde girl, who may have worn a great gown and with a nice body, but she lacked the energy on stage.

District of Columbia has one of the most memorable gowns I've seen this year, but her body - especially her legs - was too skinny. So, I am afraid she will just be in the Top 15. However, if the judges will be more forgiving about her, she might enter the Top 10 and it will be an easy climb for her to the Top 5, because that gown spells WINNER!!!

Minnesota has the winning smile, and although she is one of those numerous blondes who is joining this year, her face is memorable, at least for me.

New Jersey had a great gown, but I think that's the only thing that could lift her up to the Top 15. She also has a very skinny body so I don't think she would place higher than Top 15.

And of course, the Miss 52 USA! Her body was decent, and her gown was amazing. She might surprise all of us and may just zoom her way up to the Top 5, and I don't mind it at all! Alexandra worked hard for this, and I have my respect to her!

So, what do you think of my Top 16? Any violent reaction???

My Interview for GMA Western Visayas

[youtube]0UHn679-4P4[/youtube]
XAMURAI
ADMINS are OFFICIAL staffers of Missosology.

Real Life Name/Nick: XAMURAI
Date of Birth: 01 Jul 1979
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: Company Employee and Entrepreneur
Western Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Hobbies/Interests: Basketball and Camping

Re: XAMURAI'S VERDICT MISS USA 2016

Postby XAMURAI » Sat Jun 04, 2016 6:38 am

I just need to specially mention Madison McKeown!
She is the MOST memorable Miss USA 2016 delegate to me!!!

In a competition that does not involve social media nor publicity nor controversy just to be talked about,
she is Top 5, or even a winner!!!

XAMURAI

Postby babycakes55 » Sat Jun 04, 2016 7:02 am

We essentially share the same finalists! I do agree that this pageant for Hawaii is hers to lose. She has it all in the bag, now she's gotta just prove it and avoid being a Youtube sensation. She would be a great all-around pick for Miss USA. Although, I am secretly hoping for Miss Georgia to take it all home.

California is actually another favorite of mine. I understand where others are coming from, but she definitely has a beautiful face. If we look at it from the judges' standpoint, they have less than 30 seconds to judge her. They'll be too mesmerized by her face instead of focusing on her unconventionality.

Also think Texas' dress could easily blend in with all the other white gowns. Especially in an edition where big ballgowns or flowy and/or capes are the trend. I don't see her finishing any further than Top 10 for that. Still, she could prove me wrong!

I also agree with you on Virginia. That gown could have been worn at a cocktail party. She needs something that screams Miss USA. After all, she has all the goods! Also, glad to see Minnesota, Arizona, and especially Florida, whom I am secretly rooting for despite all the criticism. The one girl I am surprised did not make your list, however, is Michigan!

Another great thread, Xamurai. Always looking forward to reading all your final verdicts.
"There is no need to imitate any man in order to be at their level. We are all created equal."

-Keysi Sayago, Miss Universe Venezuela 2016
babycakes55
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.

Real Life Name/Nick: Michael
Date of Birth: 07 Jul 1996
Sexual Orientation: Gay
Profession: Entrepeneur
Chinese Zodiac: Rat
Hobbies/Interests: Sketching, Painting

Postby XAMURAI » Sat Jun 04, 2016 7:11 am

Thank you very much! I really appreciate intelligent posts on my thread! It's been a while since I last had one. Well, my Bb Pilipinas verdict received a few good comments.

But anyway, going directly onto the cake, yes, Michigan! I like her on photos, but during the preliminary competition, she was scattered all over. I mean, her hair was a mess and her gown looked lost in a sea of gorgeous and sparkling wonderful gowns. It made her look like an assistant. Simplicity may work well on Miss Teen USA, but in a "woman's pageant" such as Miss USA, you've got to put your A-Game all the time!!!

Also, she kinda pushed her eyes inwards, too strongly, that I could see the wrinkles and veins in between. She is gorgeous when not in motion, but I don't know. I could be wrong, and maybe the judges didn't mind her flaws at all. We'll see...

babycakes55 wrote:We essentially share the same finalists! I do agree that this pageant for Hawaii is hers to lose. She has it all in the bag, now she's gotta just prove it and avoid being a Youtube sensation. She would be a great all-around pick for Miss USA. Although, I am secretly hoping for Miss Georgia to take it all home.

California is actually another favorite of mine. I understand where others are coming from, but she definitely has a beautiful face. If we look at it from the judges' standpoint, they have less than 30 seconds to judge her. They'll be too mesmerized by her face instead of focusing on her unconventionality.

Also think Texas' dress could easily blend in with all the other white gowns. Especially in an edition where big ballgowns or flowy and/or capes are the trend. I don't see her finishing any further than Top 10 for that. Still, she could prove me wrong!

I also agree with you on Virginia. That gown could have been worn at a cocktail party. She needs something that screams Miss USA. After all, she has all the goods! Also, glad to see Minnesota, Arizona, and especially Florida, whom I am secretly rooting for despite all the criticism. The one girl I am surprised did not make your list, however, is Michigan!

Another great thread, Xamurai. Always looking forward to reading all your final verdicts.

XAMURAI

Postby babycakes55 » Sat Jun 04, 2016 7:20 am

I do agree she comes off overcooked or mature at times. It's stemming more from a biased favorability towards her resemblance with Sahar Biniaz, who I would fangirl over. Not to mention, her body is so Venus Raj, which is a bonus. Still not feeling her gown though. I guess we'll just wait to see what happens this Sunday!

XAMURAI wrote:Thank you very much! I really appreciate intelligent posts on my thread! It's been a while since I last had one. Well, my Bb Pilipinas verdict received a few good comments.

But anyway, going directly onto the cake, yes, Michigan! I like her on photos, but during the preliminary competition, she was scattered all over. I mean, her hair was a mess and her gown looked lost in a sea of gorgeous and sparkling wonderful gowns. It made her look like an assistant. Simplicity may work well on Miss Teen USA, but in a "woman's pageant" such as Miss USA, you've got to put your A-Game all the time!!!

Also, she kinda pushed her eyes inwards, too strongly, that I could see the wrinkles and veins in between. She is gorgeous when not in motion, but I don't know. I could be wrong, and maybe the judges didn't mind her flaws at all. We'll see...

babycakes55 wrote:We essentially share the same finalists! I do agree that this pageant for Hawaii is hers to lose. She has it all in the bag, now she's gotta just prove it and avoid being a Youtube sensation. She would be a great all-around pick for Miss USA. Although, I am secretly hoping for Miss Georgia to take it all home.

"There is no need to imitate any man in order to be at their level. We are all created equal."

-Keysi Sayago, Miss Universe Venezuela 2016
babycakes55

Real Life Name/Nick: Michael
Date of Birth: 07 Jul 1996
Sexual Orientation: Gay
Profession: Entrepeneur
Chinese Zodiac: Rat
Hobbies/Interests: Sketching, Painting

Postby XAMURAI » Sat Jun 04, 2016 7:57 am

We cannot totally cancel her out, though... 30 girls can easily enter into the Top 15 this year, so basically, it's anybody's ballgame, so to speak. It really depends on how the judges think, and what do they prefer at times... And of course, there has to be a "story" behind that beautiful face. Something to talk about... something to sell to the public. Otherwise, this will end up as a non-profitable venture...

I kinda recall in Miss Universe 2015, how Ariana Miyamoto was able to enter the Top 15, and miraculously even ended up in the Top 10! She had a horrible walk, a body that was not ready for international pageantry and a super ugly evening gown! But lo and behold, her story was controversial, and she's half American, so she was up there! If she was Miss Honduras, she wouldn't have placed at all!

babycakes55 wrote:I do agree she comes off overcooked or mature at times. It's stemming more from a biased favorability towards her resemblance with Sahar Biniaz, who I would fangirl over. Not to mention, her body is so Venus Raj, which is a bonus. Still not feeling her gown though. I guess we'll just wait to see what happens this Sunday!

XAMURAI wrote:Thank you very much! I really appreciate intelligent posts on my thread! It's been a while since I last had one. Well, my Bb Pilipinas verdict received a few good comments.

XAMURAI

Postby HARAYA » Sat Jun 04, 2016 10:26 am

I was waiting for this! :!!

I'm rooting for Wisconsin, but I think Hawaii could win it all! Among the candidates she's the most prepared in all aspects and I think she'll make a great Miss USA.

HARAYA
Dark green members are SEMI-ACTIVE posters.

Real Life Name/Nick: Drew
Date of Birth: 16 Sep 1989
Profession: Editor
Hobbies/Interests: Pageants
Message: Prediction Games Season 2 HALL OF FAMER | Team PG Season 5 CHAMPION

Postby XAMURAI » Sat Jun 04, 2016 10:34 am

Wisconsin is definitely the "face" of the pageant. Youthful, fresh and nice to look at. But we will see what the judges will be thinking.
I can't watch the live show, but I just hope that Hawaii won't clap! I love her! And I also want to see South Dakota place high!!!

HARAYA wrote:.

I'm rooting for Wisconsin, but I think Hawaii could win it all! Among the candidates she's the most prepared in all aspects and I think she'll make a great Miss USA.

XAMURAI

Postby soledad » Sat Jun 04, 2016 11:29 am

I hope Georgia will get this. About time for a crown. Reminds me of Brook Lee, Chelsi Smith and Diana Hayden, Leila too. Emanii's head is bigger though but complements her big yet sexy body
Last edited by soledad on Sat Jun 04, 2016 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
soledad
PAGEANT HISTORIANS are walking encyclopedias of pageantry.
PAGEANT HISTORIANS are walking encyclopedias of pageantry.

Date of Birth: 29 Nov 1988
Sexual Orientation: -----------
Profession: RN
Western Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Chinese Zodiac: Dragon
Hobbies/Interests: Being single and an INFP-T

Postby XAMURAI » Sat Jun 04, 2016 12:36 pm

soledad wrote:I hope Georgia will get this. About time for a crown. Reminds me of Brook Lee and Diana Hayden, Leila too. Emanii's head is bigger though

Me too! I think it's about time for Georgia to win. They've been shortchanged for so long!
And she is wearing a Sherri Hill gown, which is usually a factor in choosing a winner. ;/))

XAMURAI

Postby XilonaPoli » Sat Jun 04, 2016 2:28 pm

=c3 =c3 =c3 =c3 =c3 =c3 =c3 =c3 =c3 =c3 =c3 =c3 =c3 =c3 =c3 =c3 =c3 =c3 =c3
XilonaPoli
NEWBIES are NEW members.
NEWBIES are NEW members.

Real Life Name/Nick: XilonaPoli
Date of Birth: 08 Apr 1992
Sexual Orientation: Pansexual
Profession: Igra GTA
Western Zodiac Sign: Libra
Chinese Zodiac: Pig
Hobbies/Interests: Basketball

Postby HARAYA » Sat Jun 04, 2016 3:49 pm

XAMURAI wrote:Wisconsin is definitely the "face" of the pageant. Youthful, fresh and nice to look at. But we will see what the judges will be thinking.
I can't watch the live show, but I just hope that Hawaii won't clap! I love her! And I also want to see South Dakota place high!!!

Let's hope the Misso hot picks won't jinx Hawaii! She's too good to be ignored. Haha! And yes, a higher placement for South Dakota! That haute coutre gown needs more exposure. Keeping my fingers crossed for my baby Wisconsin. :hx

HARAYA

Real Life Name/Nick: Drew
Date of Birth: 16 Sep 1989
Profession: Editor
Hobbies/Interests: Pageants
Message: Prediction Games Season 2 HALL OF FAMER | Team PG Season 5 CHAMPION

Postby XAMURAI » Sat Jun 04, 2016 3:57 pm

HARAYA wrote:
XAMURAI wrote:Wisconsin is definitely the "face" of the pageant. Youthful, fresh and nice to look at. But we will see what the judges will be thinking.

Let's hope the Misso hot picks won't jinx Hawaii! She's too good to be ignored. Haha! And yes, a higher placement for South Dakota! That haute coutre gown needs more exposure. Keeping my fingers crossed for my baby Wisconsin. :hx

I almost fell off my chair when I saw the graphics of the final hot picks!!! I was like.... WHAT????!!! And where the hell was Colorado in the Final Hot Picks??? =O/ =O/

South Dakota is the girl whom I may not place high on my verdict, but deep inside, she's the one I want to win!!! Please please... [-O< [-O<

Wisconsin will surely place high! I think it is hard to ignore her.

XAMURAI

Postby chorr » Sat Jun 04, 2016 4:47 pm

I did not thoroughly follow Miss USA that much, but after the prelims, I thought that the easy best girl was Georgia, Wisconsin and Virginia coming distant 2nd place and third place respectively. Florida was overdone h2t; California, although not a trace of being pageant patty can be seen in her packaging, her performance screamed the otherwise. Colorado is not really impacting IMO and Hawaii needed a better dress and a new hair color.

Sorry Xamurai but I just cant get the feel of a memorable, impacting winner from any of the girls, specially they are filling Olivia Jordan's stilettos. That being said, I wish they let someone contrasting to Olivia win it all, so that she can at least be worthy of the USA sash, unlike the forgettable Kristen Dalton who followed iconic Crystle Stewart, and Erin Brady who was a complete let down from Olivia Culpo.

Truth bombs, truth bombs everywhere!
chorr
PAGEANT EXPERTS are MASTERS & PROFESSIONAL ANALYSTS of pageantry.

Date of Birth: 21 Dec 2008
Profession: none
Hobbies/Interests: tambays

Postby Galaxydrugs » Sat Jun 04, 2016 6:04 pm

Love your list. I can see Georgia in the Top 5 and being the highest-placing black candidate instead of Virginia. LOVE that South Dakota is up there. I just want her to place SO BADLY

I seem to have a soft spot for hoping for long-drought countries/states to place. Don't even remind me how I fell off the couch when North Dakota & Iowa made it in 2014. I just love it when a weak sash makes it all the way.
Galaxydrugs
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.

Location: Rotates among Australia, the Philippines & Indonesia
Real Life Name/Nick: Matthew Andhika Haryanto Fenwick
Date of Birth: 17 May 1994
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: Student
Western Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Hobbies/Interests: Food, Fitness

Postby Ian Sebastin » Sat Jun 04, 2016 7:23 pm

XAMURAI wrote:We cannot totally cancel her out, though... 30 girls can easily enter into the Top 15 this year, so basically, it's anybody's ballgame, so to speak. It really depends on how the judges think, and what do they prefer at times... And of course, there has to be a "story" behind that beautiful face. Something to talk about... something to sell to the public. Otherwise, this will end up as a non-profitable venture...

I kinda recall in Miss Universe 2015, how Ariana Miyamoto was able to enter the Top 15, and miraculously even ended up in the Top 10! She had a horrible walk, a body that was not ready for international pageantry and a super ugly evening gown! But lo and behold, her story was controversial, and she's half American, so she was up there! If she was Miss Honduras, she wouldn't have placed at all!

babycakes55 wrote:I do agree she comes off overcooked or mature at times. It's stemming more from a biased favorability towards her resemblance with Sahar Biniaz, who I would fangirl over. Not to mention, her body is so Venus Raj, which is a bonus. Still not feeling her gown though. I guess we'll just wait to see what happens this Sunday!

Her story might have gotten her widespread attention but she earned her own spot in the final fifteen. Her preliminary performance was strong. The walk that she used in the preliminaries and the one that she used during the finals was completely different. Also, that hair styling in the finals. =O/ =O/ =O/ =O/ I had her in my final fifteen list and I consider myself a pretty good predictor.

AGENT OF BEAUTY
Ian Sebastin
SUPER STARS are POPULAR or CHARISMATIC posters.
SUPER STARS are POPULAR or CHARISMATIC posters.

Profession: Insurance
Hobbies/Interests: Traveling and Beauty

Postby XAMURAI » Sun Jun 05, 2016 12:41 am

chorr wrote:
Sorry Xamurai but I just cant get the feel of a memorable, impacting winner from any of the girls, specially they are filling Olivia Jordan's stilettos. That being said, I wish they let someone contrasting to Olivia win it all, so that she can at least be worthy of the USA sash, unlike the forgettable Kristen Dalton who followed iconic Crystle Stewart, and Erin Brady who was a complete let down from Olivia Culpo.

Chelsea Cooley, following the iconic Shandi... And many, many more!!! ;/)) ;/))
They might give the crown to Miss Distric of Columbia! A military Miss USA! That would be awesome!!!

XAMURAI

Postby XAMURAI » Sun Jun 05, 2016 12:46 am

I'm quite confident that the researchers of MUO - the ones in charge of analyzing social media impact and marketability - have noticed South Dakota's popularity after the preliminary. And it's just a question if they will sacrifice her or not, because as we all know, South Dakota is not really a huge pageant state. Their girls always get ignored no matter how beautiful or well-spoken they are. It has happened several times in the past.

Galaxydrugs wrote:
Love your list. I can see Georgia in the Top 5 and being the highest-placing black candidate instead of Virginia. LOVE that South Dakota is up there. I just want her to place SO BADLY

I seem to have a soft spot for hoping for long-drought countries/states to place. Don't even remind me how I fell off the couch when North Dakota & Iowa made it in 2014. I just love it when a weak sash makes it all the way.

XAMURAI

Postby XAMURAI » Mon Jun 06, 2016 2:39 am

XAMURAI wrote:[center]

District of Columbia has one of the most memorable gowns I've seen this year, but her body - especially her legs - was too skinny. So, I am afraid she will just be in the Top 15. However, if the judges will be more forgiving about her, she might enter the Top 10 and it will be an easy climb for her to the Top 5, because that gown spells WINNER!!!

=0 =0 =0 =0 =0 =0 =0 =0 =0 =0 =0 =0 =0 =0 =0 =0

XAMURAI

Postby chorr » Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:25 pm

chorr wrote:I did not thoroughly follow Miss USA that much, but after the prelims, I thought that the easy best girl was Georgia, Wisconsin and Virginia coming distant 2nd place and third place respectively. Florida was overdone h2t; California, although not a trace of being pageant patty can be seen in her packaging, her performance screamed the otherwise. Colorado is not really impacting IMO and Hawaii needed a better dress and a new hair color.

>:) >:) >:) >:) >:) >:) >:) >:) >:) >:) >:) >:) >:) >:) >:) >:)

Truth bombs, truth bombs everywhere!
chorr

Profession: none
Hobbies/Interests: tambays

Return to USA