Shanna Moakler quits as Miss Calif. USA director

Shanna Moakler quits as Miss Calif. USA director

Postby quiad » Wed May 13, 2009 9:13 pm

AP News

LOS ANGELES – Former beauty queen Shanna Moakler has resigned as executive director of the Miss California USA pageant, a day after controversial titleholder Carrie Prejean (pray-ZHAN) was allowed to keep her crown.

Moakler, a former Miss USA , said in a statement issued by her publicist Wednesday that she no longer believes in the organization.

She had angrily accused Prejean on Monday of violating the contract she signed with pageant organizers by speaking out repeatedly on behalf of organizations opposed to gay marriage and by failing to disclose she had posed nearly nude for photographs as a teenager.

Pageant owner Donald Trump, who could have ousted Prejean, said Tuesday she will remain Miss Calfornia.

THIS IS A BREAKING NEWS UPDATE. Check back soon for further information. AP's earlier story is below.

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Former beauty queen Shanna Moakler has resigned as executive director of the Miss California USA pageant, a day after controversial titleholder Carrie Prejean (pray-ZHAN) was allowed to keep her crown.

Moakler, a former Miss USA , said in a statement issued by her publicist Wednesday that she no longer believes in the organization.

She had angrily accused Prejean on Monday of violating the contract she signed with pageant organizers by speaking out repeatedly on behalf of organizations opposed to gay marriage and by failing to disclose she had posed nearly nude for photographs as a teenager.

Pageant owner Donald Trump, who could have ousted Prejean, said Tuesday she will remain Miss Calfornia.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090513/ap_on_en_ot/us_miss_california_33

related news:
http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20278695,00.html?xid=rss-topheadlines
http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/b123705_shanna_moakler_resigns_over_miss.html?utm_source=eonline&utm_medium=rssfeeds&utm_campaign=rss_topstories

quiad
PIONEERS are the most experienced members of Missosology.

Real Life Name/Nick: Mark
Date of Birth: 01 Apr 1977
Profession: Nurse
Western Zodiac Sign: Aries
Chinese Zodiac: Horse
Hobbies/Interests: surfing the internet

Shanna Moakler Quits_Boycott Carrie Presjean

Postby ChrisVW » Thu May 14, 2009 3:17 am

Shanna Moakler is one Awesome Woman!!!! :!!
I am so very grateful that she has the Courage and Compassion to stand up for what she believes in. So much has been said and written about Carrie Presjean Miss California. :-j
This is my opinion so take what you want and leave the rest.
Everyone is entitled to their opinion and though I thoroughly disagree with her answer during the pageant I do not begrudge her for speaking her mind.
My issue with Carrie is simply this: that she is becoming the Anita Bryant of our generation clearly defining herself as anti-gay and milking the publicity for her 15 minutes of fame. She has clearly crossed the line by endorsing and speaking at Anti-Gay Marriage Religious events since the controversy began and neglecting her duties as the representative for personal appearances as Miss California. [-X
Unfortunately, the nude pictures which I agree with Shanna was a breach of contract cannot be used against her to relinquish her crown when we set precedent of keeping the gorgeous but troubled Tara Conner with her her drug addiction and behavioral problems with Miss Teen USA. Donald Trump did the only thing he could do without being sued and we all know that Carrie Presjean would have had a whole army of right wing lawyers to represent her if any action would have been taken. =O/
So we are stuck with her. :@)
So what is the answer? Simply if you believe in human rights and equality for all, if you are gay and are involved or have friends of family in the fashion industry.
I ask that you have the courage like Shanna Moakler to do the following:
1). Do not dress her
2). Do not do her hair or make-up
3). Do not hire her for personal appearances
4) Do not represent her in any form
5). Do not cast her for commercial, acting and modeling assignments.
6). Do not buy anything that she becomes associated with commercially.

Way to go Shanna!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>=p
ChrisVW
INTERMEDIATES are EVOLVING posters.
INTERMEDIATES are EVOLVING posters.

Real Life Name/Nick: CJ Miami
Date of Birth: 31 Jul 1969
Western Zodiac Sign: Leo
Chinese Zodiac: Dragon
Hobbies/Interests: Tennis, Beach

Re: Shanna Moakler quits as Miss Calif. USA director

Postby darinnes042490 » Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:15 am

thnkz for sharing
ImageImage
nikko_deontoy24@yahoo.com
darinnes042490

Date of Birth: 26 Apr 1996
Profession: student
Western Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Chinese Zodiac: Horse
Hobbies/Interests: internet surfing

Return to USA