Miss Swaziland 2016/2017

Miss Swaziland 2016/2017

Postby Lanelk » Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:03 pm

LINDA HUTCHINSON CROWNED MISS SWAZILAND 2016/17
Miss Swaziland 2016/2017 Linda Hutchinson flanked by her First Princess Zethu Manana (R) and Second Princess Baby Mthimkhulu after their crowning.

EZULWINI – After three years with no Swazi beauty ambassador, Linda Hutchison scooped the beauty with a purpose crown at last.

The glitzy and glamorous Miss Swaziland 2016/17 event was a great success as most guests were dazzling in their evening wear despite the cold evening temperatures. Most of the guests started arriving at 7pm as their aim was to get the best seats to view the stage. The programme directors for the evening were Cheilla Vovovs and Banele Zwane, who officially opened the event at 8pm.

The 2016/17 journey to Miss Swaziland was concluded at Happy Valley Hotel on Saturday as Linda Hutchison was crowned after she oozed confidence on stage throughout the night. Taking the first princess title was Zethu Manana with second princess being Baby Mthimkhulu who expressed her joy through tears streaming down her face.
The night began on a high note as the guests for the evening were welcomed by Pageant SD committee member, Catrien Potgieter followed by the Swaziland National Arts and Culture (SNCAC) CEO, Stanley Dlamini who acknowledged all the hard work the new pageant committee had put in for the evening to be a great success.

The top 10 finalists were introduced in proudly Swazi custom made Golden Hands outfits inspired by the Imbali maidens traditional attire with Swazi flag colours. As the finalists walked on stage, the crowd could not help but make deafening noise for their favourites Tai Naude, Cebile Ntshalintshali and Keisha Bullock. As the evening progressed, most of the finalists warmed up and got used to the audience and walking the ramp with much more confidence, dressed in modernised African print casual wear which was made by Fundzi Dlamini of ZUBANI designs.
The elegant evening wear made by Etecetera Studio was the last outfit change that was modelled for the evening.
The evening wear which was showcased on the ramp was followed by the first questions for the top finalists. After the finalists had answered all the questions, most of the guests had made up their minds on their initial top three and that was detected through the noise and comments that were made by the audience.

SOURCE: Times of Swaziland

Lanelk
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.

Real Life Name/Nick: ??????????
Date of Birth: 01 Jan 1914
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: none
Hobbies/Interests: reading

Re: Miss Swaziland 2016/2017

Postby Lanelk » Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:11 pm

Linda Hutchinson wins Miss Swaziland title
It was excitement all round when Linda Hutchinson was crowned Miss Swaziland 2016 on Saturday night.

It was excitement all round when Linda Hutchinson was crowned Miss Swaziland 2016 on Saturday night.

It had been three years since the last Miss Swaziland was crowned and she was later stripped of her crown under controversial circumstances.

Happy Valley came alive on Saturday night as 10 beautiful girls battled for the converted title. It was a well organised show that ran smoothly without any glitches. It kicked off at 8pm and it was evident from the word go that the girls had been prepped for the day. The choreography was on point.

It wasn’t until the question and answer session that Linda announced her intentions and became a hot contender. She answered her questions to the satisfaction of the audience. It became obvious from that point that she would take it home.

The crowd screamed in jubilation when her name was called out first, when the top five was being announced.

Hutchinson got stiff competition from fellow top five finalists; Baby Mthimkhulu, Zethu Manana, Nomphumelelo Dlamini and Cebile Ntshalitshali. Hutchinson separated herself from the rest when she clearly answered her second question. At that point it became clear for everyone that she would take it home.

Interviewed after being crowned, Hutchinson said she was honoured and happy, noting her hard work paid off.

“When they called out my name I was dumbstruck. I feel great and honoured. I deserved it as I worked for it,” she said. She said winning meant she had to now work harder. “From here on its hard work and using this platform wisely,” she continued. She also said the one thing she was passionate about and would like to work on was education. “I am passionate about education. I would like to work with children benefit from the Free Primary Education programme. I’ll help them with their other needs such as sanitary pads, food and whatever necessities as they pursue their dreams,” she said. Hutchinson is not new to beauty pageants as she was Miss Teen 2014/2015 and was also crowned Miss Freshers Kwaluseni 2015/2016.

...Disgruntled audience walks out

Disgruntled members of the audience walked out when the top five was announced.

The members of the audience, who were mostly coloured people, walked out when none of the coloured contestants made it to the top five.

As soon as the Programme Director of the night Cheila Vovos finished calling out the top five, a section of the audience stormed out of the hall. The visibly angry group made it known that they were not happy with the outcome.

Some members of that section who spoke on condition of anonymity said they stormed out of the hall because they were unhappy with the outcome. “Some of the people who made it to the top five didn’t even answer their questions appropriately, “ one of the infuriated persons said.

She also pointed out that one of the girls who made the top five had said good morning instead of good evening. “She doesn’t even know when you say good morning but she is now in the top five, “she continued. “ This is racism,” she declared.

Another said she didn’t believe it was a matter of race, but walked out simply because she felt some of those in the top five should not have been there. “I don’t agree with the judges completely.

“Two or three of the girls who were sidelined should have made the top five,” she said. She also said this was why coloureds had shunned pageants in the past because they were overlooked. “We are always overlooked in pageants.

“I am not saying we must win but the competition must be fair,” she said.

http://www.observer.org.sz/the-entertai ... title.html
Lanelk

Postby Lanelk » Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:15 pm

Current Miss SD committee doesn’t have Miss World Licence
22/01/2017 03:00:00By Lungelo Nkambule
Swaziland will not be sending any beauty queen to the Miss World Pageant any time soon as long as the body running Miss Swaziland is not in possession of the Miss World Pageant licence.
The Miss Swaziland Pageant is currently run by a committee under the supervision or directorship of the Swaziland National Council of Arts and Culture (SNCAC).
Lanelk

Postby Lanelk » Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:17 pm

Miss Swaziland Linda reigning quietly
06/01/2017 03:00:00By Phumelele Mkhonta
MISS Swaziland Linda Hutchinson is unknown to the local entertainment sector.

MISS Swaziland Linda Hutchinson is unknown to the local entertainment sector.

This was gathered in various interviews with personalities in the entertainment industry who made it clear that the queen’s moves are surely out of sight. Commenting on behalf of the beauty queen and the pageants organising committee, Catrien Maree Potgieter said the queen had been giving her full attention to her studies as she is studying at the University of Swaziland.

“Linda is still enrolled with UNISWA and as the committee we vouch for education first thus her appearances were limited to October, November and December last year. She was also attending to her examinations,” commented Potgieter. The only recent appearance she made was at Good Shepherd Children’s Ward on Christmas where she donated items worth E1 200. Other than that the queen is barely seen in action.

The queen also failed to make show at L’mankelenkele Lubombo Summer Festival where she was the brand ambassador.

Potgieter was quick to mention that the queen would mostly be seen in action this year but that would be when she is on break at the University of Swaziland.

Below are some of the responses from the personalities;

g Philiswa Yolisa Dlamini - Socialite

She has not really put herself out there but then again we understand because even the past queens did nothing but donate food and toys but I am quite hopeful she has something under her sleeve that she is waiting to unleash to the Swazi nation as she is representing the whole country.

g Coralee Vilakati- Model

Personally I am disappointed in the committee. I have nothing against the crowned Miss Swaziland, in fact I know her personally. I was disappointed when I learnt that two of the 10 finalists have tattoos when they should have been disqualified the moment they discovered about them. The licence holder should be going out and looking for participants in town.

They should not wait for them to come and register. There are so many girls out there who I believe would do us proud but have no one to tell them you can do it, or someone to train them and give them those pageants walks. They cannot just sit down and work on those people who come to them and say I want to be Miss Swaziland. I feel like if we ever want to come with something from Miss World then we should be looking at this the international standard way, not have your normal height girl representing the whole country.

When one becomes Miss Swaziland they become a people's person. You no longer have a private life. Not only do you attend events, you also create them. Former Miss Swaziland Samu Magagula did a lot actually; she hosted a high tea party and the stiletto run. I am not saying she should do the same but we need her brain as well, she must create something.

Lastly, her social media pages do not show she is representing us Swazi girls. I feel like our real queen was Thembelihle Zwane and the queens before her. She is very quiet.

g Mfundo ‘Khux’ Dlamini- Socialite and Deejay

Oh yes Miss Swaziland, where is she? Although she is a lovely lady I am disappointed at the fact that nothing has happened thus far in terms of helping out in things like road safety campaigns, donations to the needy, getting involved in women and children anti abuse campaigns etc, particularly this festive season. One of the most important task as Miss Swaziland is taking part in national events or campaigns however that does not mean we put all the blame on her as she needs guidance from concerned organisations, as well as support from her first and second princess. I do wish her all the best with her year and emphasised on the fact that she needs support and guidance.

g Thembelani Nhlabatsi- Socialite

I have no idea who the current Miss Swaziland is.

g Laurence Lukhele- Swaziland Epic Models Founder

Well, based on what Miss Swaziland used to be before, I think we need to blame it on the organisers. They are responsible for building up the brand and maintaining it. Good PR makes a good brand, but generally, people enjoy spending the money and neglect growing the brand. Same as the title holders, they need to be keen on building up their names and using the title to their benefit, that is a gate pass to success, yet they also tend to relax.

g Mistosoul- Deejay

Honestly speaking I only saw or read about her after she won the Miss Swaziland title and recently after she gave out Christmas gifts at the Good Shepherd children's ward. Otherwise, I believe an ambassador of her kind needs to be out there doing her social responsibilities and enriching herself and the whole youth in the Kingdom. And of course, she needs to be a social butterfly, people have to see more of that beauty, she is the fairest of them all after all.

g Okuhle Shongwe- Socialite

What is her name by the way, what is she busy with if not her duties to the society. Is she in hiding or something? Well I believe she should be appearing more often, she should be going around asking for sponsorship for charity work, appear in events, she should be a true ambassador, be a role model to some and serve to all Swazis!

g Sibusiso ‘Kina’ Dlamini- Socialite

Swaziland is a very small country with a great need for role models and we count on these pageant winners to make it count for the younger generation.

The only Miss Swaziland I see is the former Miss Swaziland Nozipho Shabangu and she is doing very well and still very relevant even today. I feel it is very important to always reach out to those who have done it before in order to understand what entails being Miss SD. With that being said, I do not know the current Miss SD, where she is or what she is doing. After asking around my work place it was said that she tried raising funds before she went to an International pageant but that was it.
Lanelk

Postby Audriene » Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:03 am

The one with the braided bun is pretty. I hope they send her to an international pageant.
Audriene

Real Life Name/Nick: Auring
Date of Birth: 02 Feb 1992
Sexual Orientation: -----------
Profession: Electronics Engineer
Western Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Chinese Zodiac: Monkey
Hobbies/Interests: Designing Semiconductors, Movies

Return to Swaziland