FUNNY BEAUTY PAGEANT QUOTES .........

FUNNY BEAUTY PAGEANT QUOTES .........

Postby veroli1974 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:32 pm

1. Sa tingin ko ang pinaka-asset ko sa mukha ko ay ugali. Mabait kasi ako eh.

- MR. POGI CONTESTANT'S ANSWER TO THE QUESTION: ANO SA MUKHA MO ANG PINAKA-ASSET MO?

2. Good afternoon, ladies and gentlemen! I am Ma. Rosario Liboon, I come from the beautiful city of Pangasinan...City!

- SHE'S GOT THE LOOK CONTESTANT

3. Good afternoon, ladies and gentlemen! I am Carmelita Hernandez, I come from Pasay City and I want to be a medicine!

- ANOTHER SHE'S GOT THE LOOK CONTESTANT

4. Magandang Tanghali po, ako po si Luzviminda Cortez mula sa Camarines Sur, sumalangit na po ang inyong kaluluwa!

- MISS GAY PHILIPPINES CANDIDATE

5. BB. PILIPINAS PAGEANT NIGHT

HOST: If you only had one of the five senses,
what would you want to have?

CANDIDATE: Uhm... the sense of sight.

HOST: And why is that?

CANDIDATE: Uhm, because...because I have beautiful eyes.

6. BB. PILIPINAS PAGEANT NIGHT

HOST: So you live not far from here. So, how did you come here? Did you walk or did you ride?

CANDIDATE: Um, of course "did you ride."

7. At the 2007 Miss Teen USA Pageant, Miss Teen South Carolina was asked why one fifth of Americans can't locate the USA on a world map. She replied...

"I personally believe that US Americans are unable to do so because some people out there in our nation don't have maps, and I believe that our education like such as South Africa, and the Iraq, everywhere like, such as, and I believe that they should, our education over here in the U.S. should help the U.S., or should help South Africa, it should help the Iraq and the Asian countries so we will be able to build up our future, for our children." -- Lauren Caitlin Upton, Miss Teen South Carolina.

8. In 1958, two finalists flabbergasted Bert Parks by tattling on live television that they'd discovered backstage that they shared a common bond—a two-timing military cadet boyfriend.

Miss Iowa pronounced judgment on the philandering cadet: "I think he has two very lovely ex-girlfriends." "She said it very well," seconded Miss California. --Miss America: In Pursuit of the Crown

9. Columnist David J. Spatz on the press' view in the swimsuit competition:

"You get to see too much watching the show in the hall, especially from a runway seat where it's difficult to ignore epidermal imperfections like tiny pockets of cellulite, fading stretch marks and dimples. But television cameras have a habit of filtering out unsightly blemishes; every woman looks perfect."

10. For Colombians, the beauty pageants replace the violence we live with every day. Especially Miss Columbia is a sacred event; no one dares to criticize."

--Adriana La Rotta, Columbian TV reporter

11. Carole Gist, Miss USA 1990, on being the first black woman ever to win the Miss USA title:

"Nelson Mandela had been freed and I had a feeling in my heart from God that a black would win." ---To Cindy Adams

12. "The cardinal rule for hosting the Miss USA and Miss Universe beauty pageants is to expect the unexpected."

--Bob Barker, longtime host of both pageants

13. When asked to give her astrological sign, Miss Sri Lanka 1985 replied, "Oh, I don't have any."

14. Bob Barker once called his job hosting the Miss USA and Miss Universe beauty pageants, "a blind date with 83 of the most beautiful girls in the world."

15. Gary Collins asked one Miss America finalist, "What's your favorite part of the pageant?"

"Lunch," she replied.

16. "Hey, I can't be Miss America!"

-- Patricia Gorrasi, mother of five upon being crowned Miss Garlic at Kentucky's Garlic Fest II.

17. During one memorable moment at a Miss World Pageant, the short master of ceremonies couldn't resist teasing Miss United Kingdom, a six-foot-tall beauty who towered over him.

"And what are you going to be when you grow up?" he asked.

"I don't know," the finalist replied without a smile. "What are you going to be when you grow up?"

18. Movie star Joan Blondell, Miss Dallas 1926, once described herself as having "a good, big chest, the kind garbage men whistle at."

19. When asked who she thought would be crowned Miss Universe, pageant commentator Daisy Fuentes answered, "I'm kind of hoping I'll win."

20. Tom Snyder once asked Albert Marks, then boss of the Miss America pageant, if he had a favorite winner. "No," he answered, "to me they all look like a plate of yesterday's mashed potatoes." Ooops. Wrong analogy.

Later, at a gathering of former titleholders, one winner called him to the podium for an "award" and smashed him in the face with a plate of cold mashed potatoes. "The sameness was what I meant," he lamely tried to clarify.

-- The Miss America Cookbook

21. Twelve Miss USA contestants were dining at a New York City restaurant to promote the upcoming pageant when they were asked to pose for photos. One of the chaperones, a fiftyish grandmother, joined them in the picture.

"That," quipped an on-looking diner, "must be Miss New York."

22. In 1948, when BeBe Shopp, Miss Minnesota, became the first Miss America to be crowned in a modest gown, rather than the traditional sexy swimsuit, reporters nearly boycotted the pageant.

Months later, when she became the first Miss America to travel overseas, European reporters asked BeBe what she thought of the scandalously skimpy "bikini" becoming all the rage on European beaches.

The wholesome farmer's daughter replied, "I don't know what to say, except that American girls wouldn't wear them!"

-- Miss America: In Pursuit of the Crown

23. Delta Burke, Miss Florida 1974, played Suzanne Sugarbaker (an outrageous former beauty queen character) on the hit TV show, Designing Women.

In real life, Delta was equally adept at collecting crowns: Miss Flame, Miss Optimist, Miss jamboree Queen, and Miss VFW Post 8207, among them.

"I was a perfect beauty queen," she told TV Guide. "I was in pig heaven...I'd come traipsing into appearances looking like Snow White in a white chiffon gown, long white gloves, the robe, the scepter, the banner, the big hair, the works."

24. During the 1993 Ms. Senior Palm Beach County Pageant, the pageant director asked one entrant to name her life goals.

"Honey," replied the 75-year-old contestant, "I don't even buy green bananas!"

25. Question: If you could live forever, would you and why?

Answer: I would not live forever, because we should not live forever, because if we were supposed to live forever, then we would live forever, but we cannot live forever, which is why I would not live forever.

-- Miss Alabama in the 1994 Miss USA contest

26. Local Gay Beauty Pageant:

Emcee: What can you say about the violence in our country today?

Candidate: Naman, kuya ... Gitara nga di ako marunong ... BAYOLENS pa?

27. In a Miss Gay Pageant

Host: How can we uplift our economy today eventhough we are under economic crisis??

Gay:(namutla) Mga ;)!!! akala ko ba miss gay ito!!! quizbee pala!!!

28. question and answer portion in a local pageant ....

Candidate: may kasabihan po tayo the more we speak the more likely we make mistakes...so for me not to make a mistake i will not answer your question. I thank you"

29. Miss Gay Beauty Pageant Question: IF YOU DIE TOMORROW, WHY NOT NOW?

Candidate: BECAUSE TODAY IS NOT TOMORROW BUT IF YOUR IN A HURRY JUST GO AHEAD AND I WILL FOLLOW. THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

30. Local Beauty Pageant Question: WHAT DO YOU THINK IS THE BEST PART OF YOUR BODY? WHY?

Candidate: THE BEST PART OF MY BODY IS MY NECK... THE NECK HOLDS THE HEAD WHICH WILL WEAR THE CROWN LATER TONIGHT. THANK YOU.

31. Miss Gay Beauty Pageant....

Emcee: CONTESTANT NUMBER 3. DO YOU BELIEVE THAT MAN CAME FROM APE?

CONTESTANT: (ANG BADING LUMINGON, SABAY GRAB NG MIKE) ... YES, I BELIEVE SO, JUST TAKE A LOOK AT CANDIDATE NUMBER 2 ...

32. Host: What is your favorite motto?

Contestant: (after a long pause) I don’t have a motto eh.

(so the crowd starts helping her out. the crowd started saying, “Time is gold! Time is gold!”)

Contestant: I have na po. Chinese gold

=;)) =;)) =;)) =;)) =;)) =;)) =;)) =;)) =;)) =;))

Last edited by veroli1974 on Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.
PARA SA MGA BEKI ... NA - ROI VINZON NA BA KAYO NG MGA TATAY NINYO?
veroli1974
PAGEANT HISTORIANS are walking encyclopedias of pageantry.
PAGEANT HISTORIANS are walking encyclopedias of pageantry.

Real Life Name/Nick: oliver
Date of Birth: 16 Sep 1974
Profession: teacher
Western Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Chinese Zodiac: Tiger
Hobbies/Interests: reading, watching tv

Re: FUNNY BEAUTY PAGEANT QUOTES .........

Postby yel » Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:17 am

That's why beauty pageants can be so entertaining! :-D
yel
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.

Real Life Name/Nick: yel santos
Date of Birth: 03 Jul 1981
Profession: Registered Nurse
Hobbies/Interests: history, culture, current events

Postby FrItZGeRaLd » Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:30 am

31. Miss Gay Beauty Pageant....

Emcee: CONTESTANT NUMBER 3. DO YOU BELIEVE THAT MAN CAME FROM APE?

CONTESTANT: (ANG BADING LUMINGON, SABAY GRAB NG MIKE) ... YES, I BELIEVE SO, JUST TAKE A LOOK AT CANDIDATE NUMBER 2 ...

I LOVE IT..... =0 =0 =0 =0 =0
DYOSA MISTIKA
DYOSA MISTIKA
FrItZGeRaLd

Date of Birth: 25 Feb 1982
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: marketing
Western Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Hobbies/Interests: CLUBBING

Postby edwoct1026 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:07 am

kahit paulit ulit ito... nakakatawa pa rin hahaha
edwoct1026
PIONEERS are the most experienced members of Missosology.

Real Life Name/Nick: jed
Date of Birth: 24 Oct 1985
Profession: waiter
Western Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Chinese Zodiac: Rat
Hobbies/Interests: discovering different things

Postby Alfonso » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:12 am

veroli1974 wrote:

30. Local Beauty Pageant Question: WHAT DO YOU THINK IS THE BEST PART OF YOUR BODY? WHY?

Candidate: THE BEST PART OF MY BODY IS MY NECK... THE NECK HOLDS THE HEAD WHICH WILL WEAR THE CROWN LATER TONIGHT. THANK YOU.

=;)) =;)) =;)) =;)) =;))
Alfonso
CUTIES are ADORABLE & CUTE members.
CUTIES are ADORABLE & CUTE members.

Date of Birth: 31 Oct 1983
Profession: CD
Western Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Hobbies/Interests: a lot

Postby rosemariegoddess » Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:23 pm

sumakit tiyan ko dito
try not to become a man of success but a man of good moral values
rosemariegoddess

Real Life Name/Nick: rosa
Date of Birth: 20 Oct 1983
Profession: secret
Western Zodiac Sign: Libra
Hobbies/Interests: painting,sports,ballistic,reading,singing
Message: ROSAMARIA DIOSA,14,PHILIPPINES......KATORSE PA LANG AKO,PERO NANAY NA KO......

Postby cris09_cris » Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:26 pm

love it
cris09_cris

Real Life Name/Nick: cris
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 2008
Profession: student
Western Zodiac Sign: Aries
Chinese Zodiac: Rooster
Hobbies/Interests: watching beauty pageants!

Return to Philippines