2017 Pageants Highs and Lows

Forum rules
Welcome to Missosology! RULES: Freedom of speech allowed but 1. NO CROSSING LIMITS AS DIRECT RACIST REMARKS, NUDE OR VIOLENT PICS. 2. NO SPAMMING/FLOODING 3. NO ADVERTISING 4. NO BLACKMAILING/VIOLATING/DIVULGING PRIVACY/personal infos of members as posting their real life pic/real life name without their consent. 5. NO AVENGING/ATTACKING MEMBERS ON THEIR PHYSICAL LOOKS 6. NO REPUTATION BUTTON ABUSE. Any question, feel free to post in the Help Desk section till a Moderator/Admin responds. HAVE FUN!

Re: 2017 Pageants Highs and Lows

Postby JorgeInternational » Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:00 am

Ridiculous comment
I have to confess, your envy is obvious...
Relationship between Mr. Morley and what?? 8-}
:| Probably from ultratomb because Mister Eric Morley is died for 17 years

In Miss Universe Colombia's pretty intelligent and smart girl... =c3

It was disappointing to see that you cannot accept that Miss Thailand is beautiful and was totally deserving in the Top 5.

ConstipatedUniverseFace wrote:Interesting and insightful read! :=p

My comments:

Miss World: Spot-on about (1) India being the safe choice and the (2) relationship between Mr. Morley and the cooking show.

Miss Universe: Found Colombia to be very overrated. IMG-MUO seems committed to paying for what they did to Colombia in 2015. Maybe the debt has been fully paid and will end next year? Also, it was disappointing to see Thailand’s bimbo rep screw things up in the Top 5. That spot was totally wasted on her.

Miss Earth: Karen’s “non-traditional beauty queen look” :-D was actually quite refreshing to me. When I saw the Philippine search for Miss Earth on YouTube, I already knew that she would win if she made it to the Top 4. Totally deserving.

JorgeInternational
PREDICTIONISTS are known to give sharp & accurate pageant forecasts.
PREDICTIONISTS are known to give sharp & accurate pageant forecasts.

Date of Birth: 25 Jul 1999
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: Gossips Official Informant
Western Zodiac Sign: Leo
Chinese Zodiac: Rabbit
Hobbies/Interests: rugby, kicking - Read detective stories

Дарение кольца для помолвки – не только древняя традиция

Postby TimothyWearf » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:34 am

В течение продолжительного периода представители сильной половины человечества заверяют милых дам в серьёзности намерений помолвочными кольцами. Выбор ювелирного изделия для предложения волнителен для мужчин. Подробнее читайте на сайте [url=http://dettka.com]dettka.com[/url]
TimothyWearf
NEWBIES are NEW members.
NEWBIES are NEW members.

Real Life Name/Nick: TimothyWearf
Date of Birth: 20 Sep 1925
Sexual Orientation: Pansexual
Profession: missisilogu,info
Western Zodiac Sign: Libra
Chinese Zodiac: Pig
Hobbies/Interests: Swimming

Postby Oma-san » Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:05 pm

Sorry to say but I see an uncertain future for pageants. In the past, Miss Universe was what kept pageants alive and although I grudgingly say this, Trump made it look so easy. WME/IMG has been trying too hard and I don't think they need to. The girls don't matter, they haven't picked horrible girls and I'd choose them any day over Trump picks. They just need to bring back the format from Trump's Miss Universe which they've paid for.

Stop experimenting and just deliver the show. 2015 was a good edition and I wouldn't mind if they continued with that. But 2016 and 2017 were meh!
Oma-san
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.

Real Life Name/Nick: Elle
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 2008
Sexual Orientation: Bicurious
Profession: Associate Professor
Hobbies/Interests: love, love, love my girls

Postby Oma-san » Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:08 pm

limpel wrote:
3. Miss International

Best Winner:
BEAUTY:
1. Miss World
2. Miss Universe
3. Miss Earth
4. Miss International

[-X
Best Winner:
BEAUTY:

1. Miss Universe.
2. Miss International/Miss World
4. Miss Earth
Oma-san

Postby koji » Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:47 am

Pageant Fanatic Jeff wrote:Miss Earth: Miss Earth always crowns the most eloquent speaker so her win wasn't far-fetched.

Not true. It happened because a Filipina should have won.
koji
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.

Real Life Name/Nick: joey
Date of Birth: 05 May 1989
Sexual Orientation: Not sure
Profession: Farmer
Western Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Chinese Zodiac: Snake
Hobbies/Interests: beauty pageant

Postby koji » Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:51 am

Matariki wrote:
I was rooting for Thailand because I do believe that she has the charisma that no other delegates had during ME pageant season, and for me charisma is important not just brains or beauty.

I was rooting for her to win too - until she opened her mouth. Too bad. Idiots do not win at ME. Well, most of the time. Thailand should re-strategize their approach to their girl's training. They came so close this year and they have a gorgeous candidate who can speak English.
koji

Real Life Name/Nick: joey
Date of Birth: 05 May 1989
Sexual Orientation: Not sure
Profession: Farmer
Hobbies/Interests: beauty pageant

Postby Oma-san » Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:05 pm

koji wrote:
Matariki wrote:
I was rooting for Thailand because I do believe that she has the charisma that no other delegates had during ME pageant season, and for me charisma is important not just brains or beauty.

I was rooting for her to win too - until she opened her mouth. Too bad. Idiots do not win at ME. Well, most of the time. Thailand should re-strategize their approach to their girl's training. They came so close this year and they have a gorgeous candidate who can speak English.

I prefer Miss Thailand 2016 to be honest. More importantly than English, the problem that many Asian delegates face is that probably because of their cultural upbringing, most don't have an agenda and hence, haven't cultivated strong minds to think outside the box, to challenge pre-existing thoughts which are important if you want to undertake an advocacy or show your own advocacy to impress the org. Miss Thailand 2016 did not need to speak English but if she could convey thoughts that would stun the world, I think she would've won and would've been deserving. She already had great stage presence and a calm composure that screamed Queen!
Oma-san

Postby Malcanthet » Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:15 pm

In regards to Demi -Leight's comment about women earning less than men....it is disheartening to see her buy into third wave feminist rhetoric...never minding that men are the ones who continued to be killed and injured on the jobs way more than women. The simple truth is, men earned more on the average because they tend to be in fields and jobs that pay more (infrastructure, technology, for example) and are more established in these professions than women. This average affects men as a whole, not individually speaking. Men on the average live shorter than women because they tend to engage in jobs and lifestyle that contribute it to.
Malcanthet
PIONEERS are the most experienced members of Missosology.
PIONEERS are the most experienced members of Missosology.

Real Life Name/Nick: TCL
Date of Birth: 01 Jan 1969
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: Adm Asst
Western Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Chinese Zodiac: Monkey
Hobbies/Interests: Music, swimming

Postby SHREWD » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:57 pm

SHREWD
AMBASSADORS represent their country.

Date of Birth: 01 Nov 1988
Sexual Orientation: -----------
Profession: N/A
Western Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Hobbies/Interests: Events

Postby MariaAndreina » Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:19 pm

Lol at some of you having the audacity to proclaim Miss Earth as the best pageant after the utter fiasco that happened last year. From ANY angle you can pinpoint, there was a pageant that was WAY better than Miss Earth.

Dont even get me started on that disastrous winner who in itself, should disqualify Miss Earth from ANY chance of being the best pageant. :roll:

SEMIFINALISTS: Terrible. Although to be fair, all pageants this year had very questionable semifinalists.
ACTIVITIES: Miss Earth activities are fun and eventful but they are cheap. Have some of you quickly forgotten the pitiful webcasts and cheap stages most events were held at? Miss World activities are lightyears better. Lavish, eventful, classy.
STAGE/PRODUCTION: Huge improvement. In fact, the production itself was really great. But we all know no one beats Miss Universe in this category.
LEVEL OF CONTESTANTS: It was a fairly good batch but again, no match to Miss World or Miss Universe.

I know at the end of the day this is all subjective but I swear, some of you are in too deep this earthling cult that it has impede you from opening your eyes and seeing reality.
MariaAndreina
PAGEANT EXPERTS are MASTERS & PROFESSIONAL ANALYSTS of pageantry.

Real Life Name/Nick: Maria
Profession: Student
Hobbies/Interests: Pageantry

Postby Busyboy » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:43 am

MariaAndreina wrote:Lol at some of you having the audacity to proclaim Miss Earth as the best pageant after the utter fiasco that happened last year. From ANY angle you can pinpoint, there was a pageant that was WAY better than Miss Earth.

Dont even get me started on that disastrous winner who in itself, should disqualify Miss Earth from ANY chance of being the best pageant. :roll:

SEMIFINALISTS: Terrible. Although to be fair, all pageants this year had very questionable semifinalists.
ACTIVITIES: Miss Earth activities are fun and eventful but they are cheap. Have some of you quickly forgotten the pitiful webcasts and cheap stages most events were held at? Miss World activities are lightyears better. Lavish, eventful, classy.
STAGE/PRODUCTION: Huge improvement. In fact, the production itself was really great. But we all know no one beats Miss Universe in this category.
LEVEL OF CONTESTANTS: It was a fairly good batch but again, no match to Miss World or Miss Universe.

I know at the end of the day this is all subjective but I swear, some of you are in too deep this earthling cult that it has impede you from opening your eyes and seeing reality.

Well, as you said, all of the claims here are subjective. So we can just agree to disagree.

I can just say that Miss Earth is like an honor student who were not the top 1 in all of her subject in her class but came out on top when the average grade was computed... And the subject that she has the lowest grade surely will be "the pageant's winner".

Activities: Those cheap stages you are saying are limited to those which are actually intended to be closed doors. Most of the activities in different towns and cities in the Philippines are either held in big stages with big crowds watching, inside the mall, in beautiful beaches, or open spaces for their outdoor activities such as tree planting.

As I have already related in this thread, I chose ME to be the best pageant this year considering all the things that has transpired from when the girls arrived in the host country until they left. Sure, if it's just the final night, by all means Miss Universe can have it. But no other pageant gave me that heart attack and exhilarating ride of emotions from the start to finish but ME. Especially when the final winner was revealed (don't ask, you know what I mean... :-D :-D :-D ).

And it could have been easier if you have just ignored those people who proclaimed ME as their best and just proclaimed yours, right? But I understand. You just really can't resist... :"> :"> :">
THE BIG FOUR

M U - M W - M E - M I
Busyboy

Date of Birth: 31 May 1984
Profession: Hobbyist
Western Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Chinese Zodiac: Rat
Hobbies/Interests: Travel/Trivia

Postby manoypoe » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:01 pm

Busyboy wrote:
MariaAndreina wrote:Lol at some of you having the audacity to proclaim Miss Earth as the best pageant after the utter fiasco that happened last year. From ANY angle you can pinpoint, there was a pageant that was WAY better than Miss Earth.

Well, as you said, all of the claims here are subjective. So we can just agree to disagree.

I can just say that Miss Earth is like an honor student who were not the top 1 in all of her subject in her class but came out on top when the average grade was computed... And the subject that she has the lowest grade surely will be "the pageant's winner".

Activities: Those cheap stages you are saying are limited to those which are actually intended to be closed doors. Most of the activities in different towns and cities in the Philippines are either held in big stages with big crowds watching, inside the mall, in beautiful beaches, or open spaces for their outdoor activities such as tree planting.

As I have already related in this thread, I chose ME to be the best pageant this year considering all the things that has transpired from when the girls arrived in the host country until they left. Sure, if it's just the final night, by all means Miss Universe can have it. But no other pageant gave me that heart attack and exhilarating ride of emotions from the start to finish but ME. Especially when the final winner was revealed (don't ask, you know what I mean... :-D :-D :-D ).

And it could have been easier if you have just ignored those people who proclaimed ME as their best and just proclaimed yours, right? But I understand. You just really can't resist... :"> :"> :">

PEOPLE WHO ARE COMPLAINING WHY MISS EARTH WAS OR IS CONSIDERED BY PAGEANT SITES TO BE THE BEST THIS YEAR - MUST LODGE THEIR COMPLAINTS TO THE PAGEANT SITE. IT IS THEIR CHOICE AND THEY HAVE THEIR CRITERIA WHY THEY CONSIDER MISS EARTH AS THE BEST PAGEANT THIS YEAR. AND BUSYBOY, YOU HIT IT STRAIGHT TO THE HEADS OF MISS EARTH CRITICS. =;)) =;))
manoypoe
MODERATORS are responsible to maintain order.

Date of Birth: 15 Apr 1975
Profession: Assassin of Idiots
Hobbies/Interests: Web surfing

Postby manoypoe » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:03 pm

AND TO CLAIM THAT MISS EARTH ACTIVITIES ARE CHEAP? NO PAGEANT CAN EVER COMPARE TO THE ACTIVITIES OF MISS EARTH. NOT ONE IN THIS 2017'S EDITION. OTHER DEPARTMENT OF THE PAGEANT YOU CAN QUESTION WHICH IS THE BEST, BUT FOR THE PRE PAGEANT ACTIVITIES, ONLY FOOLS WILL QUESTION'S MISS EARTH SUPERIORITY. :D/ :D/ =;)) =;))
manoypoe

Date of Birth: 15 Apr 1975
Profession: Assassin of Idiots
Hobbies/Interests: Web surfing

Postby MariaAndreina » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:10 pm

manoypoe wrote:AND TO CLAIM THAT MISS EARTH ACTIVITIES ARE CHEAP? NO PAGEANT CAN EVER COMPARE TO THE ACTIVITIES OF MISS EARTH. NOT ONE IN THIS 2017'S EDITION. OTHER DEPARTMENT OF THE PAGEANT YOU CAN QUESTION WHICH IS THE BEST, BUT FOR THE PRE PAGEANT ACTIVITIES, ONLY FOOLS WILL QUESTION'S MISS EARTH SUPERIORITY. :D/ :D/ =;)) =;))

Only a fool would suggest Miss Earth activities are more grand than Miss World's.

Miss World

Miss Earth

MariaAndreina

Real Life Name/Nick: Maria
Profession: Student
Hobbies/Interests: Pageantry

Postby Handsama » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:16 pm

manoypoe wrote:AND TO CLAIM THAT MISS EARTH ACTIVITIES ARE CHEAP? NO PAGEANT CAN EVER COMPARE TO THE ACTIVITIES OF MISS EARTH. NOT ONE IN THIS 2017'S EDITION. OTHER DEPARTMENT OF THE PAGEANT YOU CAN QUESTION WHICH IS THE BEST, BUT FOR THE PRE PAGEANT ACTIVITIES, ONLY FOOLS WILL QUESTION'S MISS EARTH SUPERIORITY. :D/ :D/ =;)) =;))

Handsama

Date of Birth: 10 Jan 1987
Profession: Secret
Hobbies/Interests: Reading

Postby SHREWD » Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:46 am

Miss World pre-pageant venues are classy, grandiose and flawless! :=p

Mess Earth pre-pageant venues are dirty, infectious and ugly! =;))
SHREWD

Date of Birth: 01 Nov 1988
Sexual Orientation: -----------
Profession: N/A
Western Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Hobbies/Interests: Events

Postby AaronICK » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:56 am

SHREWD wrote:
Miss World pre-pageant venues are classy, grandiose and flawless! :=p

Mess Earth pre-pageant venues are dirty, infectious and ugly! =;))

Shrewd...

Describing Miss Earth pageant while looking at the mirror, since 2001.
AaronICK

Real Life Name/Nick: Ian
Date of Birth: 15 Aug 1977
Sexual Orientation: Gay
Profession: Self-employed
Western Zodiac Sign: Leo
Hobbies/Interests: Just ask

Postby Sapphire » Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:46 am

Oma-san wrote:Sorry to say but I see an uncertain future for pageants. In the past, Miss Universe was what kept pageants alive and although I grudgingly say this, Trump made it look so easy. WME/IMG has been trying too hard and I don't think they need to. The girls don't matter, they haven't picked horrible girls and I'd choose them any day over Trump picks. They just need to bring back the format from Trump's Miss Universe which they've paid for.

Stop experimenting and just deliver the show. 2015 was a good edition and I wouldn't mind if they continued with that. But 2016 and 2017 were meh!

I feel like pageants these days are trying way toooo hard to push the "we are not just beautiful faces" agenda. I think people really just want to see beautiful girls strut on stage... why else does the VS fashion show still have a high following year after year? I think if Miss Universe did what Miss Supra is doing, it would be a hit! The only reason Supra will never reach the same level despite its "beauty-centric" production is because it came too late into the pageant game. People want to see glamour, entertainment, pageantry!

I think Miss France has the perfect element of entertainment while at the same time showing that the girls are not just pretty faces.
Sapphire

Real Life Name/Nick: Ess
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 1990
Profession: Estudiante
Hobbies/Interests: Beauty Pageants

Previous

Return to GENERAL