DISCUSSION: Is India making a Big Comeback in Pageantry?

Forum rules
Welcome to Missosology! RULES: Freedom of speech allowed but 1. NO CROSSING LIMITS AS DIRECT RACIST REMARKS, NUDE OR VIOLENT PICS. 2. NO SPAMMING/FLOODING 3. NO ADVERTISING 4. NO BLACKMAILING/VIOLATING/DIVULGING PRIVACY/personal infos of members as posting their real life pic/real life name without their consent. 5. NO AVENGING/ATTACKING MEMBERS ON THEIR PHYSICAL LOOKS 6. NO REPUTATION BUTTON ABUSE. Any question, feel free to post in the Help Desk section till a Moderator/Admin responds. HAVE FUN!

Re: DISCUSSION: Is India making a Big Comeback in Pageantry?

Postby Iknowbeauty » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:20 am

krissynelli wrote:UNLESS THE "MOTHER TERESA / MAHATMA GANDHI" ANSWERS OR SPEECHES FROM ALL MISS INDIA CANDIDATES BECOMES IN VOGUE AGAIN. 8-} :)>- ALL MISS INDIA CANDIDATES BEFORE CIRCA 90'S AND EARLY 2000'S WERE HARPING "MOTHER THERESA / MAHATMA GANDHI SPEECHES" 24/7. SAME AS ALL SOUTH AFRICAN CANDIDATES BEEN MILKING 24/7 NELSON MANDELA / APARTHEID POLICY. TO PUSH THEIR OWN AGENDA FOR THEIR OWN ADVANTAGE...THOSE TIMES; ALL JUDGES WERE ALL PRAISES THE MOMENT THEY HEARD "MOTHER THERESA, MAHATMA GANDHI BLAH BLAH SPEECHES" WHETHER IN CLOSED DOOR INTERVIEW OR ANYWHERE. <:-P <:-P <:-P <:-P <:-P

To be fair in the 90's the questions being asked required those kind of answers. Also I thought only Priyanka talked about Mother Theresa. ;;? The apartheid was a big issue in the 90's it only ended in 1991, so you can't fault South Africans for talking about apartheid or Nelson Mandela in those days. Even today apartheid & Mandela are a big part of their history as Gandhi & Mother Theresa is to India. Nobody is stopping contestants from other countries from talking about historical figures from their nations as well, but ofcourse now the questions have changed. Instead of philosophical questions like who inspires you now they get asked about social issues & things pertaining to the contestants themselves.

Iknowbeauty
AMBASSADORS represent their country.

Date of Birth: 15 Oct 2015
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: student
Western Zodiac Sign: Libra
Chinese Zodiac: Dog
Hobbies/Interests: Pageants

Re: Is India making a Big Comeback in Pageantry?

Postby Busyboy » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:30 am

gerald214 wrote:Sepaking of Diya, I always wondered why india always prioritized miss asia pacific over miss international. Miss asia pacificas a very small pageant and relatively younger than miss internatirarest feat which is winning all Miss Universe, World and International in one year.. Also International is the only pageant they havent won so had they sent Diya to MI they would have won International 17 years ago..

onal. Miss international had more contestants, more prestigious and has more historical value.. had they sent diya in miss international India might have made the
vinusya wrote:Image
She's the best Miss India I saw.

Well, I think Miss Asia Pacific is big before. Just read up on its history and you'll discover that it was once one of the most coveted titles then. It's also the largest regional pageant before because it includes almost half of the world (Americas touching Pacific, Asia, and Oceania).
THE BIG FOUR

M U - M W - M E - M I
Busyboy
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.

Date of Birth: 31 May 1984
Profession: Hobbyist
Western Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Chinese Zodiac: Rat
Hobbies/Interests: Travel/Trivia

Postby Iknowbeauty » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:36 am

Busyboy wrote:
gerald214 wrote:Sepaking of Diya, I always wondered why india always prioritized miss asia pacific over miss international. Miss asia pacificas a very small pageant and relatively younger than miss internatirarest feat which is winning all Miss Universe, World and International in one year.. Also International is the only pageant they havent won so had they sent Diya to MI they would have won International 17 years ago..

onal. Miss international had more contestants, more prestigious and has more historical value.. had they sent diya in miss international India might have made the

Well, I think Miss Asia Pacific is big before. Just read up on its history and you'll discover that it was once one of the most coveted titles then. It's also the largest regional pageant before because it includes almost half of the world (Americas touching Pacific, Asia, and Oceania).

Interesting. I said this on another thread, but was attacked by a bunch of people who insisted that Asia Pacific was never a big pageant because it was regional. @-)
Iknowbeauty

Postby Busyboy » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:52 am

Iknowbeauty wrote:
Busyboy wrote:

Interesting. I said this on another thread, but was attacked by a bunch of people who insisted that Asia Pacific was never a big pageant because it was regional. @-)

Well, the truth is Miss Asia, later Miss Asia Pacific, is a well-regarded and a well-respected pageant compared to its more world encompassing version this days, the Miss Asia Pacific International.
THE BIG FOUR

M U - M W - M E - M I
Busyboy

Postby hauteegirl » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:54 am

Iknowbeauty wrote:
Busyboy wrote:

Read between the lines. He did say a major "regional" pageant... focus on Regional. Reina Hispano is big in their region but it's quite unknown to the most part of the world. :%))
hauteegirl

Real Life Name/Nick: Queen
Date of Birth: 14 Jan 2008
Profession: beauty queen
Hobbies/Interests: exotic plants hobbyist

Postby Iknowbeauty » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:57 am

Busyboy wrote:
Iknowbeauty wrote:
Busyboy wrote:

Well, the truth is Miss Asia, later Miss Asia Pacific, is a well-regarded and a well-respected pageant compared to its more world encompassing version this days, the Miss Asia Pacific International.

So back in the day Miss Asia Pacific was equivalent to the Miss Earth or Miss Supranational of today?
Iknowbeauty

Postby Iknowbeauty » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:59 am

hauteegirl wrote:
Iknowbeauty wrote:
Busyboy wrote:

Read between the lines. He did say a major "regional" pageant... focus on Regional. Reina Hispano is big in their region but it's quite unknown to the most part of the world. :%))

He also said it was one of the most coveted titles back then. :-B
Iknowbeauty

Postby hauteegirl » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:01 am

Iknowbeauty wrote:
hauteegirl wrote:
Iknowbeauty wrote:
Busyboy wrote:

He also said it was one of the most coveted titles back then. :-B

dont forget to quote "regional" title =;))
hauteegirl

Real Life Name/Nick: Queen
Date of Birth: 14 Jan 2008
Profession: beauty queen
Hobbies/Interests: exotic plants hobbyist

Postby Busyboy » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:13 am

Iknowbeauty wrote:
Busyboy wrote:
Iknowbeauty wrote:
Busyboy wrote:

So back in the day Miss Asia Pacific was equivalent to the Miss Earth or Miss Supranational of today?

In my own/personal opinion, no.

Of course Miss Earth is a larger pageant than Miss Asia Pacific. Don't forget Miss International too... I can say Miss Asia Pacific is the 4th most famous pageant before the entry of Miss Earth in 2001. But after that, Miss AP's popularity decreased... :(
THE BIG FOUR

M U - M W - M E - M I
Busyboy

Postby zoondwaine » Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:15 am

India has definitely a big comeback but only in Miss World and Miss Supra while in other pageant they still remain a clapper.

But I still admit that aside from the Philippines, India is also the pageant powerhouse in Asia while other Asian countries can only dream of that. I still don't understand why many Filipinos here are making patol of other Asian countries when they say they are powerhouse which in fact there is no crown to support their hallucination.
zoondwaine
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.

Real Life Name/Nick: zoondwaine
Date of Birth: 07 Jun 1990
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: Manager
Chinese Zodiac: Ox
Hobbies/Interests: Reading, traveling, culturl immersion, nature trek
Message: I learned misso in 2010 and after that I'm hook to this site in regards to pageant issues.

Postby Prissila » Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:43 am

Congrats India!!but Mama want to challenging you in Miss Universe!!come on !!come on!!! >:) Image
Prissila
ENTERTAINERS are FUNNY people.
ENTERTAINERS are FUNNY people.

Date of Birth: 17 Apr 1981
Profession: God of beauty
Western Zodiac Sign: Aries
Chinese Zodiac: Rooster
Hobbies/Interests: Running Gym Beauty pageant

Postby keyss » Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:46 am

They have been lacking in the Miss Universe department lately. A hit or miss with mostly misses and the hits aren't that good. Otherwise they are back on track.
keyss

Date of Birth: 29 Aug 1987
Profession: self employed
Western Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Chinese Zodiac: Rabbit
Hobbies/Interests: beauty

Postby krissynelli » Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:01 am

otangzi wrote:
krissynelli wrote:UNLESS THE "MOTHER TERESA / MAHATMA GANDHI" ANSWERS OR SPEECHES FROM ALL MISS INDIA CANDIDATES BECOMES IN VOGUE AGAIN. 8-} :)>- ALL MISS INDIA CANDIDATES BEFORE CIRCA 90'S AND EARLY 2000'S WERE HARPING "MOTHER THERESA / MAHATMA GANDHI SPEECHES" 24/7. SAME AS ALL SOUTH AFRICAN CANDIDATES BEEN MILKING 24/7 NELSON MANDELA / APARTHEID POLICY. TO PUSH THEIR OWN AGENDA FOR THEIR OWN ADVANTAGE...THOSE TIMES; ALL JUDGES WERE ALL PRAISES THE MOMENT THEY HEARD "MOTHER THERESA, MAHATMA GANDHI BLAH BLAH SPEECHES" WHETHER IN CLOSED DOOR INTERVIEW OR ANYWHERE. <:-P <:-P <:-P <:-P <:-P

Time has changed that kind of answer would be cheezy and cliche to hear. Very old fashioned, admit it even you are tired of hearing answers from qouted lines. =;))

IF THE CURRENT MESS INDIA UNIVERSE 2017 REACH AT TOP 16 ALL THE WAY TO TOP 5. PICK THE SAME QUESTION AS MARIA REGARDING "SOCIAL MOVEMENT"
IN HER COUNTRY. MESS INDIA WOULD ANSWER EITHER MOTHER TERESA OR MAHATMA GANDHI. SHE COULD ADVANCE TO TOP 3!... =;)) =;)) =;)) =;)) =;)) 8-} 8-} 8-} 8-} >:) >:) >:) >:) >:) THE RELEVANT "SOCIAL MOVEMENT" THAT WE ARE FACING RIGHT NOW : GLOBAL TERRORISM, CLIMATE CHANGE, SOCIAL MEDIA, CYBER BULLYING, BODY SHAMING, AND ADVOCACIES. THESE SOCIAL MOVEMENTS ARE NOT EXCLUSIVE TO A CERTAIN COUNTRY UNLIKE MOTHER TERESA/MAHATMA GANDHI TO INDIA AND NELSON MANDELA/ APARTHEID POLICY TO SOUTH AFRICA... <:-P <:-P <:-P <:-P <:-P <:-P
Last edited by krissynelli on Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
YO SOY PUERTO RICO!... HALF PUERTO RICAN / HALF "KIKI" VENDOR
krissynelli
SUPER STARS are POPULAR or CHARISMATIC posters.

Real Life Name/Nick: krissylicious
Date of Birth: 22 May 1978
Profession: MAQUILLAGE
Chinese Zodiac: Horse
Hobbies/Interests: DILDOING, CATFIGHTS, WITCHCRAFT AND SORCERY
Message: NAMASTE!!! APAKABAR!!! SAWASDEE!!! MABUHAY!!! OLAH!!! BONJOU!!! ALOHA!!!

Postby krissynelli » Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:09 am

Iknowbeauty wrote:

To be fair in the 90's the questions being asked required those kind of answers. Also I thought only Priyanka talked about Mother Theresa. ;;? The apartheid was a big issue in the 90's it only ended in 1991, so you can't fault South Africans for talking about apartheid or Nelson Mandela in those days. Even today apartheid & Mandela are a big part of their history as Gandhi & Mother Theresa is to India. Nobody is stopping contestants from other countries from talking about historical figures from their nations as well, but ofcourse now the questions have changed. Instead of philosophical questions like who inspires you now they get asked about social issues & things pertaining to the contestants themselves.

EVEN THE MISS PHILIPPINES UNIVERSE CANDIDATES IN THE PAST OR OTHER PHILIPPINE QUEENS, TRANSGENDER QUEENS (90'S TO EARLY 2000'S) USED THE SAME "MOTHER TERESA FORMULA" JUST TO WIN THE CROWN. THE FUGLY QUEEN CARLA GAY BALINGIT WAS THE CLASSIC EXAMPLE =;)) =;)) =;)) =;)) 8-} 8-} 8-} 8-} >:) >:) >:)
krissynelli

Message: NAMASTE!!! APAKABAR!!! SAWASDEE!!! MABUHAY!!! OLAH!!! BONJOU!!! ALOHA!!!

Postby SIR_MONISH_D » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:59 am

krissynelli DO NOT DISPLAY UR GARBAGE MOUTH ON THIS THREAD WHICH HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE PHILIPPINES. YOU GO SUCK SOME LORRRIAN SHUCKS MESS EARTH BALLS AREN'T THEY SAGGY YOU'LL ENJOY.
SIR_MONISH_D
INTERMEDIATES are EVOLVING posters.

Real Life Name/Nick: SIR MONISH D
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 2008
Profession: King of Sparta
Hobbies/Interests: Sword Fighting

Postby SIR_MONISH_D » Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:03 am

TO BE VERY FAIR INDIA WAS NEVER OUT BUT WE WEREN'T ANYWHERE CLOSE TO OUR PERFORMANCE OF THE 90'S. OBVIOUSLY DIRECTIONLESS N CONFUSED LEADERSHIP COST US SO MANY PLACEMENTS N RESULTED IN A DECADE OF CLAPPING. MISS UNIVERSE IS ON THE RADAR BUT STILL D MANAGEMENT LOOKS CONFUSED ON WHO SHOULD BE REPRESENTING US. THERE R PLENTY OF GORGEOUS WOMEN IN INDIA WHO NOW PICK BOLLYWOOD OVER PAGEANTS N THIS TREND HAS TO BE CHANGED HOW AND WHEN ONLY TIME WILL TELL. FOR NOW INDIA IS ON THE RIGHT TRACK BUT THERE IS A LONG WAY TO GO.
SIR_MONISH_D

Postby Busyboy » Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:33 am

SIR_MONISH_D wrote: krissynelli DO NOT DISPLAY UR GARBAGE MOUTH ON THIS THREAD WHICH HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE PHILIPPINES. YOU GO SUCK SOME LORRRIAN SHUCKS MESS EARTH BALLS AREN'T THEY SAGGY YOU'LL ENJOY.

Please do not drag Miss Earth in your messy argument.
THE BIG FOUR

M U - M W - M E - M I
Busyboy

Postby JamesCedricLim » Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:49 am

I dont think so, just because you won Miss World this year means your making a big comeback in pageantry. You never out of radar in Miss World year after year. Miss India World was/is always part of TOP 40,25,10, & 5. So there is nothing to call making a "comeback" in the first place.

However, if you talk about Miss Universe and win the crown then i can say "YES" but since your organization was sending wrong candidate in this pageant year after year, who was lacking charisma and personality then, it will be difficult for Miss India to make a comeback. Your two Miss Universes are enough proof that you were once a powerhouse and will always be. Sushmita is your pride and we love her so much.

JamesCedricLim

Real Life Name/Nick: JamesLIM
Date of Birth: 27 Nov 1982
Profession: Accountant
Western Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Hobbies/Interests: Baseball

Postby krissynelli » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:16 am

EWW..... WHO CARES MESS EARTH ANYWAY... INDIANS OWE A LOT OF THANKS TO NOISY FILIPINOS =;)) =;)) =;)) =;)) =;)) ...IF NOT FOR NOISY FILIPINOS; INDIA WOULD NEVER WIN THE MISS WORLD CROWN OVER INDONESIA....FILIPINOS NOISE OVER INDONESIA PREVENTED THE MISS WORLD CROWN FOR INDONESIA (BEST MISS WORLD INDONESIAN DELEGATE IN YEARS) THUS GIVING IT TO INDIA!..INDIANS BASICALLY BENEFITED FILIPINOS NOISE AT INDONESIA'S EXPENSE!....IF FILIPINOS ARE SILENT THEN; MISS INDONESIA WILL SNATCH THEIR 1ST EVER MISS WORLD CROWN LAST NOVEMBER!..OF COURSE MORLEY CAN'T OR WILL NOT CROWN CHINA COZ IT'S TOO PREDICTABLE PLUS THE OWNER OF NEW SILK ROAD!=;)) =;)) =;)) =;)) L-) L-) L-) L-) 8-} 8-} 8-} 8-} >:) >:) >:) >:) >:)
Last edited by krissynelli on Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
krissynelli

Postby Busyboy » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:33 am

krissynelli wrote:EWW..... WHO CARES MESS EARTH ANYWAY... INDIANS OWE A LOT OF THANKS TO NOISY FILIPINOS =;)) =;)) =;)) =;)) =;)) ...IF NOT FOR NOISY FILIPINOS; INDIA WOULD NEVER WIN THE MISS WORLD CROWN OVER INDONESIA....FILIPINOS NOISE OVER INDONESIA PREVENTED THE MISS WORLD CROWN FOR INDONESIA (BEST MISS WORLD INDONESIAN DELEGATE IN YEARS) THUS GIVING IT TO INDIA!..INDIANS BASICALLY BENEFITED FILIPINOS NOISE AT INDONESIA'S EXPENSE!....IF FILIPINOS ARE SILENT THEN; MISS INDONESIA WILL SNATCH THEIR 1ST MISS WORLD CROWN!..OF COURSE MORLEY CAN'T CROWN CHINA COZ IT'S TOO PREDICTABLE!=;)) =;)) =;)) =;)) L-) L-) L-) L-) 8-} 8-} 8-} 8-} >:) >:) >:) >:) >:)

Don't drag Miss Earth in bashing other countries. If you really don't care about ME, just leave them be.
THE BIG FOUR

M U - M W - M E - M I
Busyboy

Postby krissynelli » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:38 am

THAT INDIAN GUY ASSUME THAT ALL FILIPINOS OR ME LOVE MISS EARTH OR MESS EARTH. HE FAILED THOUGH...NO ONE'S DRAGGING MESS EARTH HERE EXCEPT THAT CREATURE! =;)) =;)) =;)) =;)) =;)) 8-} 8-} 8-} 8-} 8-} >:) >:) >:) >:) >:) >:)
krissynelli

Postby SIR_MONISH_D » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:21 am

SO APPARENTLY EVERYTHING BY THE LOGIC OF THE PINOY FORUMER MANUSHI WON COZ OF PINOYS? WOW LIKE REALLY BITCH DID U JUST SAY THAT. THE NEXT THING ULL SAY IS WATER FOUND ON MARS THNX TO PINOYS. TOO MUCH DRUGS SOLD IN THE PHILLIPINES I GUESS #HALLUCINATIONS
SIR_MONISH_D

Postby fermnedoza » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:31 am

AaronICK wrote:As far as I know, there are only two powerhouses in Asia...

INDIA AND PHILIPPINES.

The rest needs to work hard to be able to get there.

Thailand is almost there. Indonesia is getting there.

VIETNAM? Not much. Blame nguynguyen for that...

You are forgetting ISRAEL, LEBANON and JAPAN. Unlike Thailand, these three are no one pagerant wonder Israel and Japan also got more placements than our Southeast Asian neighbor.
fermnedoza
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.

Real Life Name/Nick: fernan
Date of Birth: 19 Sep 1975
Profession: sales representative
Hobbies/Interests: reading books and browsing the internet.
Message: thanks for offering us a site where we could share ideas and share our passion for beauty pageants.

Postby SIR_MONISH_D » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:35 am

THAILAND WON TWO MISS UNIVERSE IT IS TOO A POWERHOUSE.
SIR_MONISH_D

Postby AaronICK » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:43 am

fermnedoza wrote:
AaronICK wrote:As far as I know, there are only two powerhouses in Asia...

INDIA AND PHILIPPINES.

The rest needs to work hard to be able to get there.

Thailand is almost there. Indonesia is getting there.

VIETNAM? Not much. Blame nguynguyen for that...

You are forgetting ISRAEL, LEBANON and JAPAN. Unlike Thailand, these three are no one pagerant wonder Israel and Japan also got more placements than our Southeast Asian neighbor.

I was being sarcastic to the trash nguynguyen.

Besides, I corrected in the my succeeding posts. Forgive me for lacking in ample knowledge about the status of other Asian countries. My point is to simply raise the idea that India and Philippines are the ONLY POWERHOUSES IN ASIA, as of the moment.
AaronICK

Real Life Name/Nick: Ian
Date of Birth: 15 Aug 1977
Sexual Orientation: Gay
Profession: Self-employed
Western Zodiac Sign: Leo
Chinese Zodiac: Snake
Hobbies/Interests: Just ask

Postby fermnedoza » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:52 am

SIR_MONISH_D wrote:THAILAND WON TWO MISS UNIVERSE IT IS TOO A POWERHOUSE.

A One-pageant powerhouse and no more. Thailand is to Miss Universe what China is to Miss World. To consider Thaialand a powerhouse is a travesty and insult to Israel, Japan, and even to Lebanon that place and win in not just one but different pageants.
fermnedoza

Real Life Name/Nick: fernan
Date of Birth: 19 Sep 1975
Profession: sales representative
Hobbies/Interests: reading books and browsing the internet.
Message: thanks for offering us a site where we could share ideas and share our passion for beauty pageants.

Postby ajsy0203 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:57 am

15 Big 5 titles: Philippines (last won: 2017)
11 Big 5 titles: India (last won: 2017)
3 Big 5 titles: Japan (last won: 2012)
2 Big 5 titles: China PR (last won: 2012), Israel (last won: 1998), Lebanon (last won: 2002), Thailand (last won: 1988)
1 Big 5 title: Indonesia (last won: 2017), Korea (last won: 2017), Turkey (last won: 2002)
ajsy0203
PAGEANT HISTORIANS are walking encyclopedias of pageantry.
PAGEANT HISTORIANS are walking encyclopedias of pageantry.

Real Life Name/Nick: AJ
Date of Birth: 05 Sep 1986
Profession: Office Staff
Chinese Zodiac: Tiger
Hobbies/Interests: Teaching

Postby swasti1678 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:36 pm

Indeed good performance. 1 Miss World and 2 Miss Supra....However, performance in the rest of the pageants are not encouraging. Consistent placement is very important. and that totally depends on the organization. I don't even know who is holding earth franchise in India. Moreover, Femina really needs a reality check in choosing the pageants. Miss united continents, grand international, intercontinent - i don't get it why they are sending superior, smart girls to those pageants? Get the franchise back for international and earth.

Clapping in international and earth were expected but it is really heartbreaking to see India clapping in Miss Universe for 3 straight years. Hold Diva at the earliest. All these have been said before but no action. Hopefully, 2018 will be better overall.
swasti1678

Real Life Name/Nick: Swasthika
Date of Birth: 10 Jul 1989
Profession: IT Professional
Hobbies/Interests: Singing

Postby Pageant Fanatic Jeff » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:38 pm

Only at Miss World.
DREAM TEAM PH 2020

Universe|ALAIZA
Earth|ROXANNE
International|VICKIE
Supranational|SAMANTHA
Grand International|MAUREEN
Intercontinental|CINDERELLA
Globe|HAZEL
Pageant Fanatic Jeff

Date of Birth: 13 Sep 1990
Sexual Orientation: -----------
Profession: Employee
Hobbies/Interests: surfing the Internet, journalism, the arts
Message: "When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change." - Max Planck

Postby gerald214 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:32 pm

well..i dont think soo.. miss europe was bigger and more prestigious than miss asia pacific.. and even if miss asia pacific was grand i dont think that it ever surpassed miss international in prestige.. so please can someone explain why femina gave soo much priority to this instead of miss international? that could be the main reason why india never won miss internationa.

Also Diya was probably the most unfortunate miss asia pacific winner.. I think she was the last miss asia pacific winner under the Carousel ( yes, the creator of miss earth) and because miss asia pacific was managed by a different company in 2001, DIya was not given the opportunity to crown the new winner of 2001 (PerU).

Busyboy wrote:
Iknowbeauty wrote:
Busyboy wrote:
Iknowbeauty wrote:
Busyboy wrote:

In my own/personal opinion, no.

Of course Miss Earth is a larger pageant than Miss Asia Pacific. Don't forget Miss International too... I can say Miss Asia Pacific is the 4th most famous pageant before the entry of Miss Earth in 2001. But after that, Miss AP's popularity decreased... :(
gerald214

Date of Birth: 21 Jan 1986
Sexual Orientation: -----------
Profession: FARMER
Western Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Hobbies/Interests: everything

PreviousNext

Return to GENERAL